Mothering Forum banner

***April 2007 Mamas - It's January 2008!!!***

17K views 711 replies 25 participants last post by  MaxiMom 
#1 ·
Yay- it's finally my turn to start the thread!!!

Happy new year everyone

See less See more
#152 ·
I am so jealous of the baby's sleeping through the night, we still aren't even close. I think we had a couple of 2 hour sleep periods last night, but we had a bunch of 90 minute ones too. I just want a couple of 4 hour ones. Desmond showed no interest in bed before 12:30 last night was kind of a pain, I took him up at 10:30 and brought him back down shortly after that. He did get up at 10:30 this morning though so maybe we can try an earlier bedtime tonight again. He also slept quite a bit during the day yesterday so I don't really blame him for not being tired.

We are looking at June to start TTCing I think. It was suppose to be end of April/start of May, but we are definitely going to India in October and I don't want to be more then 4 months pregnant when we go. In fact 4 months is my ideal, since I'll be passed the 1st trimester tiredness and into the barely noticing I'm pregnant stage, which will be nice while over there. On the bonus side it seems like my in laws will be paying for our plane tickets which is a major bonus since we really don't have the 3k we would need for them right now.

#154 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by tabrizia View Post
I am so jealous of the baby's sleeping through the night, we still aren't even close. I think we had a couple of 2 hour sleep periods last night, but we had a bunch of 90 minute ones too. I just want a couple of 4 hour ones. Desmond showed no interest in bed before 12:30 last night was kind of a pain, I took him up at 10:30 and brought him back down shortly after that. He did get up at 10:30 this morning though so maybe we can try an earlier bedtime tonight again. He also slept quite a bit during the day yesterday so I don't really blame him for not being tired.

We are looking at June to start TTCing I think. It was suppose to be end of April/start of May, but we are definitely going to India in October and I don't want to be more then 4 months pregnant when we go. In fact 4 months is my ideal, since I'll be passed the 1st trimester tiredness and into the barely noticing I'm pregnant stage, which will be nice while over there. On the bonus side it seems like my in laws will be paying for our plane tickets which is a major bonus since we really don't have the 3k we would need for them right now.
wow, india? what are you doing there?

#155 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by ShyDaisi View Post
No teeth here yet...I keep thinking it is close, and using teething to explain away fussiness...but no teeth yet. His gum is getting whiter, but I don't really feel anything. Is Micah and Eva the only two toothless grins here now? Now when I see other babies Micah's age, I think it looks weird when they have teeth. Guess I am just getting used to the toothless baby grin.

i know--i miss zenon's toothless baby grin. kaylo was fussy/showed teething signs for four months b/f he got teeth--his fussiness could be teeth even if they have a while to come through.

#156 ·
oh my gosh... zenon just broke the ring-binder part of a haba book with have. as i was trying to fix some of it, he rather sneakily tried to grab and eat the little pieces. i took it away and he started his whiney fit. i gave him some of his block toys and he threw/shoved them away!
i'm not ready for attitude...i thought i had a couple years! (he's probably imitating his brother!
)

#158 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by MonTana Mama View Post
tabrizia-have you been there before? Is, perhaps, your dh Indian? I love India-lived there for 6 mon before getting married. I sure wish were going there. Where in India will you go? How long?

Quote:

Originally Posted by krismarie View Post
wow, india? what are you doing there?

We are going to see family. I've been once before, about a year after my wedding. We went for two weeks, we may stay as long as 3 weeks this time.

DH is half Indian, he grew up here and his Mom is a petite little blond from West Virginia, his Dad however is from India and came over to University of Maryland for his PhD they ended up married and living here rather then India (which I appreciate since otherwise it is unlikely I would have met DH).

We will be going to New Delhi and the area around there mainly, all of my Father in Laws relatives (direct) live in that area, they grew up in Paniput (spelling?) and now are a bit more scattered.

It is the introduce Desmond to all his relatives trip, so it should be fun, I hope, other then the 17 hours on an airplane with an 18 month old. DH and I are actually taking a Hindi class starting next week so hopefully we may have some rudimentary Hindi when we go this time, his Dad unfortunately wasn't a great teacher so DH only knows a couple of words here and there. I really did love India last time we were there and I can't wait to go back, then again I love traveling anywhere so that probably helps a lot.

#160 ·
I just wanted to say I have lost all motivation to CD...since the move...and starting my own home-based biz. I can't seem to get anything done-dishes, laundry, de-clutter, etc... Anyway, wish I still felt the fire! I was so gung-ho w Andy and Noah up until he was 7 mon. Ho-hum! I am glad you are still so excited about it. I do know that buying new/used cute new things really helps, but I have no $ or time for that either.

#161 ·
Quote:

wow, i actually just got a goodmama diaper (actually 4
) i can't believe i randomly checked the website when there were some in stock. i'm excited to see how try them out... and if i feel like i just spent way too much on diapers, they have such excellent resale value

Congrats, I looked at the stocking and decided against it, I am going to wait till Feb to get Desmond some new night diapers since I am ordering me mama cloth this month in a co-op.

#165 ·
Quote:

wow, i actually just got a goodmama diaper (actually 4
) i can't believe i randomly checked the website when there were some in stock. i'm excited to see how try them out... and if i feel like i just spent way too much on diapers, they have such excellent resale value

How cool for you!!! Which prints? Or did you score OBV?

I just scored a brown floral Mutt tonight... I think I like my knit print Mutts more than my print Goodmamas. Which is kinda cool since they're cheaper!

#167 ·
Quote:

I just wanted to say I have lost all motivation to CD...since the move...and starting my own home-based biz. I can't seem to get anything done-dishes, laundry, de-clutter, etc... Anyway, wish I still felt the fire! I was so gung-ho w Andy and Noah up until he was 7 mon. Ho-hum! I am glad you are still so excited about it. I do know that buying new/used cute new things really helps, but I have no $ or time for that either.
Ahh...someone joining me here in lazy sposie-ville...welcome to the dark side.
(hee hee...I used to say "welcome to the dark side" everytime someone converted TO cloth when I was using cloth. I guess they are both "dark sides" in their own little ways.) I have to admit that I have quite a bit more free time now that I am not always on diaperswappers and the diaper pin.
:

finn'smama, I hope your plugged duct clears up soon!!

#168 ·
Hi all!
Caroline is pulling up!!! and letting go for a second! i am so SAD!!! her little babbling is so cute now!! she wasn't babbling till a few weeks ago when she started saying "hi" and "bye" and now its a lot of bububububububububu and i heard a MAMA once but not again yet! she is getting in to SOOO much TROUBLE NOW!! she loves to get into my box of papers that i can't throw away but need to lol, and if the gate or door is open she heads right for it! loves to go after her siblings when they are out of the room, shes keeping us on our toes now!

We are now homeschooling Hailey and its Elizabeth's last week of School! Elizabeth had her Geography this morning she did AWESOME!!! she got 2nd place!! it was for the whole school 5th and 4th graders and her and the little boy who took 1st place where 4th graders! the teachers said it was the first time its been 2 forth graders to win!! she got a cool trophy and a goody bag and a game!

anyway i have been busy and i am trying to stay off of the computer but its so hard!

#169 ·
oh and i have been REALLLLLLY lazy about cloth since before Christmas! i think shes worn MAYBE one cloth diaper a day in the last 4 weeks, sometimes a couple but i have been resorting to sposies...just being really lazy right now and reg. laundry is all backed up too.... and dishes and tons of other things...oh well.

oh also i am on like day 50 something of NO period!!!! i got the ONE back in november and nothing since!! i know i am not prego... but took a test anyway just in case some how looking at my dh got me pregnant lol but it was negative thank you very much! but i think its on its way back now cause i have been crampy all week and now my nipples are starting same thing that happend before it showed up in november!

#172 ·
Quote:

it's hard when you have a lot of other things going on-- starting a business is huge. i've definately stopped the CD the past week when we're all so sick...i have enough laundry backing up as it is!

Quote:
How cool for you!!! Which prints? Or did you score OBV?

I just scored a brown floral Mutt tonight... I think I like my knit print Mutts more than my print Goodmamas. Which is kinda cool since they're cheaper!
candy stripes. rather girly
but to tell you the truth, i like seeing zenon in pink

really--you like mutts better? see, i'm new to these fancy dipes--i've always just kissaluvs and prefolds. why do you like them better?? maybe i'll have to try one of those too.

hope your duct UN-plugs fast anika!!
:

i'm back to the land of the sick
:
::puke

#173 ·
what!!??? i just got a message that i was banned forever from diaperswappers due to spam pm??? wth???? i can't even try to contact someone? what does that mean, that someone reported that i spammed them? i did send someone an email and ask them to email me back at a different email address b/c i check it more! grrrr

#174 ·
holy cow....I am so out of touch

I was in WY for the last 6 days for a wedding, all went well, they were so understanding that G needed to be with me all the time...I even held her when I walked down the aisle (I was a bridesmaid).

Anyways. G is starting to push up real big and looks like she is thinking about crawling (way behind all you whose babes who are about to walk!
) and I am furiously researching carseats. Sigh. Does the research ever end?? Just checking in...have tons I should be doing (like un-packing!)

#175 ·
Quote:

what!!??? i just got a message that i was banned forever from diaperswappers due to spam pm??? wth???? i can't even try to contact someone? what does that mean, that someone reported that i spammed them? i did send someone an email and ask them to email me back at a different email address b/c i check it more! grrrr
OMG, I just checked and you are on the banned list, wth?? I'd email on the the admins, this is insane! What was your pm about (trying to figure out how it could be construed as spam)... You can go in as a guest can't you? Contact Samatha (she's the one that keeps the banned list updated) by email (she has an email link on her profile). I can't believe they banned you without questioning you first!

Mutts: squishy goodness, I love the 3sr ones (like the Gnomes pictured on my Blog). They run from 22$ to 27$ new and you can get them great deals used if you ever get back on DS.
Here's a not so recent picture of romi in a 3sr.

Muttaqin (this was last night's stocking)

#176 ·
Quote:

Wow! That's crazy!!

queen_anne - that is so cool you got to carry DD down the aisle at the wedding!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.