***April 2007 Mamas - It's January 2008!!!*** - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-01-2008, 04:08 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yay- it's finally my turn to start the thread!!!

Happy new year everyone
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2008, 10:52 AM

:Happy New Years everyone!!:
Old 01-01-2008, 10:53 AM

We did nothing last night. I had to go to bed at 11pm since Romi did not want to sleep alone. Oh well.
Old 01-01-2008, 02:46 PM

Happy New Year! Dh and I actually had a date last night. Too tired to dtd, but did at least have some time alone together. Maybe that's a good sign for the new year.

The neighbors shot off fireworks that I could see out the window from my bed. Woohoo. The extent of our celebration - but I've had plenty of crazy new years' to remember.
Old 01-01-2008, 03:33 PM

Happy New Year!!!!
We did nothing as well. Just watched t.v. and unpacked from our trip. Bleh.

Anyone make any New Year's resolutions?? I haven't actually resolved to do anything, but I have a bunch of ideas on how to make my life better. One thing I'd like to do is make a chore chart and hang it up so I can check things off and feel like I am accomplishing something around the house. I think I'm the type of person who needs "assignments" in order to be motivated. : Of course, I'm still doing Weight Watchers (although I seriously fell off the wagon during Christmas), but today I start fresh and I'm once again journaling everything that goes into my mouth. :

Off topic: How much puffed rice is TOO MUCH? I think Scout would just keep shovelling it into her mouth for an infinite amount of time if I let her. I know it's mostly air anyway, so she's probably not getting a huge volume of food, but I just don't want to let her over-do it. It's very tempting to plop her down and put a pile of puffed rice in front of her every time I need to get something done because it keeps her so occupied. :

Another bad mommy confession. I've been turning the t.v. on a lot lately. I just like the background noise. I grew up in a home where the t.v. was on ALL THE TIME, so I guess it's sort of a comfort zone thing. Scout really doesn't pay too much attention to it. (the t.v. in my office/playroom area is 10" black-and-white t.v.)...but I still feel guilty. M'kay...just had to let that out.
Old 01-01-2008, 06:35 PM

Mmmm, Romi was eating a lot off puffs at first and now she won't even put one in her mouth. So I'd say to let her eat as much as she wants, she'll get bored with them eventually!!

On another note, I'm on the wagon, diaper-wise. I just bought 2 Clover diapers, 2 Mutts and one SOS. No more. Dh and I looked at our budget and, well, it's not very good. Mostly due to my spending. So I have to stay away from DS for a while. Maybe I'll have to sell some diapers as well. Bummer.
Old 01-01-2008, 06:38 PM

We went to the Biodome today and Liam had a blast!! The penguins really made him laugh and there was a play with Caillou where, to my enormous suprise, Liam stayed quiet and calm and thoroughly enjoyed himself. He was even *gasp* nice to Romi
We did this last year and decided this would be our New Year tradition.
Old 01-01-2008, 07:24 PM

Happy New Year! We start our 9th month, pretty soon our babes will be earthside longer than on the inside! (Am I the only one that thinks of these things????)
It was a quiet night here. I was in bed by 11pm, but Abby was up with Daddy until 1:30 when they came to bed.
Lastly I did update our family photos for all too see!
Happy New Year! Peace & Blessings to all!

Cristina - "If you find it in your heart to care for somebody else, you will have succeeded." Maya Angelou
Old 01-01-2008, 09:06 PM

Happy New Year! We didn't get to go to the party we were planning to since DH was sick. So He went to bed for awhile and baby and I had a movie marathon of Cars and then Baby Blues. Went upstairs after that and baby had his last bath of the year. He then nursed to sleep at 11:30, I stayed upstairs with him while DH went down and had some dinner etc. We all were in bed by 12:30ish. Pretty boring night.

No real resolution this year, I want to lose 20 pounds by May when we're going to TTC again. If I don't though no huge deal, I just would like to be down a bit before we TTC (and down a lot after we're done having children).

DH was nice and dealt with Desmond this morning since he was feeling better and I had him all day yesterday. So I got a nice quite morning to get a bit more sleep (yay 3 hours straight!) and some surfing time on the computer while he, the puppy and Desmond were out on a walk.

Sarah nak.gif married to DH Dan (August 2001) dh_malesling.GIF and Mommy to DS Desmond (April 2007) pinktongue.gif, DD Eloise (March 2009) hearts.gif and Sullivan (March 29, 2011) babyboy.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.giflactivist.gifcd.giffamilybed2.gif
Old 01-01-2008, 10:43 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabrizia View Post
No real resolution this year, I want to lose 20 pounds by May when we're going to TTC again. If I don't though no huge deal, I just would like to be down a bit before we TTC (and down a lot after we're done having children).
I didn't make any resolutions either - but I am also trying to lose weight before we TTC - we also plan to in May.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kewpie-o View Post
Another bad mommy confession. I've been turning the t.v. on a lot lately. I just like the background noise. I grew up in a home where the t.v. was on ALL THE TIME, so I guess it's sort of a comfort zone thing. Scout really doesn't pay too much attention to it. (the t.v. in my office/playroom area is 10" black-and-white t.v.)...but I still feel guilty. M'kay...just had to let that out.
I never thought of that...when I was growing up our TV was never on...so it drives me crazy that DH always has it on - even when he's not watching it...but maybe I should cut him some slack.

A sweet MDC mama just sent me a baby carrier and some dipes - AIO's (which I've never had before) I'm in heaven, and Johnny's butt is so cute
Old 01-02-2008, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMomma83 View Post
Yay- it's finally my turn to start the thread!!!

Happy new year everyone
]

Congrats!

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
Old 01-02-2008, 12:27 AM

Hi guys! We had a really boring night as our battery power 'went out'. We went out for dinner, and ran the generator for a bit, but after we turned it off we had no power. So we watched a really dumb movie (shoot em up) and went to bed! woo hoo
no resolutions yet. I'll come up with a couple this year, I think. I don't usually, but it feels like a good time to resolve some things.
Evangeline is standing a lot- I know that seems like old news to some of you, but I leave her at pulled out kitchen drawers and coffee tables a lot. Her little legs are getting stronger!
A

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 
Old 01-02-2008, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doudat View Post
On another note, I'm on the wagon, diaper-wise. I just bought 2 Clover diapers, 2 Mutts and one SOS. No more. Dh and I looked at our budget and, well, it's not very good. Mostly due to my spending. So I have to stay away from DS for a while. Maybe I'll have to sell some diapers as well. Bummer.
: mm, you know who to call about those...you know. sorry about the budget. I've spent quite a bit too- although I'm pretty satisfied with what I have now, so I don't really feel the need to buy any more.

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 
Old 01-02-2008, 12:40 AM

No particular resolutions here. need to be better about my over eating so I can lose some weight. The usual stuff.

We all had a fun time last night. We just got a Wii so we spent the night Wii bowling. It was a good time. I think the computer can sense when the kids are bowling. They would get all of these extra pins to drop!

Dh and I have been doing some massive cleaning and purging. The cleaning lady comes tomorrow and will have some new areas to dust since crap isn't piled up there anymore. Not sure if she'll like that! In the process, our internet connection was lost. DH finally got it working today so I'm trying to catch up on things.

We also met with a financial adviser while I've been on vacation. As the bread winner in the family, I realize I had not die anytime soon. I thought we were doing well since we had money in the bank, maxing out my retirement fund, our house paid for, and no credit card debt. Then he showed us how much we need to save for college for 5 kids. (Where is the freaking out smiley!!!) Now I'm scared.

DH is trying to get Claire ready for bed.
DH:stop jumping Claire
C: I love jumping.

It was just to cute on how she said "love".

Sophia was a hoot today. She likes to pull her cousin's hair. Today she kept "chasing" him. She would crawl near him and he would back up. And repeat. Until he backed up into a corner. Then as she attacked him, it was like a light bulb came on his head. He realized that he was bigger than her so he just pushed right past her and walked away.

And I got called to jury duty for January and February. My family said at least Feb is a short month and I pointed out it was leap year. Just watch me be sequestered for my birthday. Wait - no poopy diapers and you have a room to yourself while you sleep through the night....maybe it won't be too bad.

And Ellysia and Maddie have made up there own language and won't respond to English. Maybe it is the English I am saying: Go to bed.

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
Old 01-02-2008, 12:40 AM

Woohoo! Happy New Year!!! I have a feeling this is going to be a good one.
We stayed in last night and I was in bed mercifully early. Little Miss Princess was in the mood to nurse about every hour on the hour all night, however, so there's a good chance I was nursing when the ball dropped.

Doudat - you've sold me on the Biodome... actually I've been wanting to go for a while. One of my best friends lives in Montreal now and I keep saying I'm going to go visit one of these days... but so far I haven't made it. DH and my boys are eager to go to the Insectarium, it's their kind of fun.
Old 01-02-2008, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kewpie-o View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMomma83 View Post
I never thought of that...when I was growing up our TV was never on...so it drives me crazy that DH always has it on - even when he's not watching it...but maybe I should cut him some slack.
Funny, I hate the tv on, when dh has it on. We never had it on growing up either, unless it was a specific show. Latelyl, though I have been putting it on more for Axel, which I'm going to change too. I do notice, however, that Eva will watch it, which I'm not comfortable with.
A

Old 01-02-2008, 12:48 AM

yea! new year! DH and i are both feeling optimistic for this upcoming year, so it's been good here. Savannah got WAY more toys at xmas than she needed. I don't know where to put them; i should've put a toy box on her list

teething and cold and cranky baby, I'm going to nurse her down now, hopefully!

maybe pics next time too!

Wife to J. Mama to girly S (4/07), little boy blue E (1/10) and tiny peanut girl due (7/12)

Old 01-02-2008, 01:50 AM

Happy New Year!
I have a big hickey on my arm....
No, no, there was no wild partying last night (au contraire! we stayed in-had some friends over for dinner and were in bed by 10ish) I foolishly let Arlo suck on my arm while I was watching a movie and now I have this hideous red mark.

No resolutions here...maybe less computer time? and less tv for Finn

And I will leave you with this before I go to bed...
Good night!
A

Mama to Finn (04/05) Arlo (04/07) and Henry (04/10)
Old 01-02-2008, 02:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of my Castle View Post
Evangeline is standing a lot- I know that seems like old news to some of you, but I leave her at pulled out kitchen drawers and coffee tables a lot. Her little legs are getting stronger!
A
Go Eva! I love leaving Scarlet at the kitchen drawer so I can get some work done.
Old 01-02-2008, 02:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finn'smama View Post
No resolutions here...maybe less computer time? and less tv for Finn

And I will leave you with this before I go to bed...
Good night!
A
What sweet boys, awww. I love seeing mine sleep together, the sweetest moments.

My resolution is to gain some resolve.
Old 01-02-2008, 03:19 AM

I just did the math a couple of minutes ago and realized that Desmond is still nursing 11 times a day, eek! Tell me I'm not alone here...

I just told DH that he is responsible for Desmond's first waking for the moment. Since he normally nurses less then 5 minutes and is back asleep, I am going to be a mean Mommy and see if DH can get him to go back to sleep without the nursing. Since if he can then maybe we can get him to sleep through to his second waking, which would be a nice 5 hour sleep period! I am not extremely hopeful, but maybe it will work, if he gets too upset I'll nurse him as usual.

Desmond had Indian for dinner tonight and loved it, he enjoyed his peas (first time having peas), potatoes, cauliflower and paneer and naan and curry and other spices. It was fun watching him eat. Of course his diaper is now stained with curry since he got it everywhere.

Sarah nak.gif married to DH Dan (August 2001) dh_malesling.GIF and Mommy to DS Desmond (April 2007) pinktongue.gif, DD Eloise (March 2009) hearts.gif and Sullivan (March 29, 2011) babyboy.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.giflactivist.gifcd.giffamilybed2.gif
Old 01-02-2008, 05:27 AM

just catching up quick...
Old 01-02-2008, 05:34 AM

Yeah the whole DH taking care of him after first wake up so didn't work. He was quite unhappy with the solution and let us know it, even though he never woke up. Sigh so I nursed him and within 5 minutes he was soundly back asleep and off the boob. I really don't mind nursing him at night I just really wish we could get rid of one or two of the night nursings that are under 5 minutes each since I end up awake for 15 to 20 minutes around them.

Old 01-02-2008, 11:10 AM

Happy New Year, everyone! :
Old 01-02-2008, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabrizia View Post
Yeah the whole DH taking care of him after first wake up so didn't work. He was quite unhappy with the solution and let us know it, even though he never woke up. Sigh so I nursed him and within 5 minutes he was soundly back asleep and off the boob. I really don't mind nursing him at night I just really wish we could get rid of one or two of the night nursings that are under 5 minutes each since I end up awake for 15 to 20 minutes around them.
I hear ya! Although I'm not finding it too bad with Arlo, I was going crazy when Finn was this age and we tried the same thing getting dp to soothe him for a 4 hour stretch. Finn was not happy about it either, but I did get a couple of four hour stretches of sleep, once or twice a week, which helped a lot.
This too shall pass....right??
A

Mama to Finn (04/05) Arlo (04/07) and Henry (04/10)
Old 01-02-2008, 11:46 AM

Happy new year!!!
Caroline is 8 months old !! she is pulling up to standing, still wobbly though.
She is TALKING!! she says both HI and BYE and waves! i am totally floored by that dd1 was talking at 1 really well, but 8 months is crazy!!!!

Susan, Mom to 4- Elizabeth 12, Hailey 9, Sammy 7, Caroline 3
Old 01-02-2008, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateSerj View Post
Happy new year!!!
Caroline is 8 months old !! she is pulling up to standing, still wobbly though.
She is TALKING!! she says both HI and BYE and waves! i am totally floored by that dd1 was talking at 1 really well, but 8 months is crazy!!!!

I bet that's so cute!
Old 01-02-2008, 12:42 PM

Happy New Year!!! No resolutions here. I have never kept them. So, now I just don't make them

I also was asleep before the ball dropped. I was not intending to be though. We (the kids and I) went to a Vanderbilt basketball game with my parents and then to a ice carving exhibition (which was freezing). On our way home I stopped by the liquior store (here, they only sell beer in the grocery - everything else comes from a liquior store) and got a bottle pf champange and was ready to go home and have a couple of drinks and ring in the New Year. Well, dh was barely awake when I got home at 7:30. He had woke up at 4am and looked out the window to see a pony strolling around in our lawn. This was so odd since we don't have ponies or horses and our neighbor (1/4 mile away) doesn't either. After living in the city, I found the pony wandering in the yard to be pretty intriging and so did dh. So, he couldn't go back to sleep and decided to go deer hunting (which is more deer watching than anything). This is why he was barely awake. Anyway, I fell asleep at 11:30. Oh well, I did that last year too

Finnsmama - that is such an adorable picture of the boys.

Debstmommy - you family pics are gorgeous

Wanderinggypsy - It is good to see you again
Old 01-02-2008, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of my Castle View Post
: mm, you know who to call about those...you know. sorry about the budget. I've spent quite a bit too- although I'm pretty satisfied with what I have now, so I don't really feel the need to buy any more.
hehe, you're spared, I sold 2 on DS. A Mutt and a camo GM. Future GM's will only be velour since her prints don't hold up well. It was faded after one wash

But no more. I have to learn to be stash happy
Old 01-02-2008, 02:32 PM

Just got caught up reading. Will be back in a bit to post more (and pump too)

User Tag List