September 07 Mommas-- Happy New Year, It's Jan.! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-04-2008, 01:35 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
re: spitting up - Benjamin is a pukey baby. Tons of spit up all the time. It does help to let him burp himself OR to nurse sidelying and just stay down for awhile. I talked to the ped about it, but she is not concerned because he is growing well. However, if he hadn't been a spitter and all of a sudden stated doing it, I would be nervous that he had developed an allergy or something.

ATD_mom, you might want to touch base with the ped & get a professional opinion.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2008, 02:09 AM

ATD mom: That is a little strange that he just started all the spitting. Maybe it's just something in your diet. My Georgia has been a major spitter since the beginning. DS was too, so I just expect it. I'm already looking forward to the end of the puddles in the floor and the endless clothes changing. Is that wrong?

I'm afraid Georgia is trying to reverse cycle. She's got to where she wants to be on the boob all night and then just play during the day. It's really not stressing me out that much right now, but I fear that laying with her nursing all night will soon get old. Anyone have any experience with that from previous children?
Old 01-04-2008, 02:04 PM

Happy New Year!
I've been spending little time on the computer & I think it's a good thing for now. If I were to do resolutions, there'd be something about the amount of time I spend surfing.I've really missed hearing about everyone, tho!

I thought we had two teeth on the bottom, now we just have one little point of a tooth sticking out there. She's been drooling, chewing, sucking like crazy.
She's trying to pull everything into her mouth. I think she would like the exersaucer but I haven't been to the consignment store in a while, maybe I'll get one but we're trying really hard to keep the plastic in our house to a minimum.

We're working on "sanity preservation for the mama" by giving me at least 2 hours a day, few days a week to work on stuff. It worked really well when dh took the kids out, Ruby took the bottle with no hesitation. Last night they tried to stay home & Ru refused the bottle, would not take it. I was downstairs and heard her bloodcurdling screams and had to bail him out. This happened before. I don't think she'll take it if I'm anywhere nearby.

She LOVES the baby hammock! I was hesitant to spend the money on it but she really enjoys it. Dh can get her to sleep in there, I have to nurse her first then put her in once she's drifted off. She'll nap for a little while as long as she can see one of us when she wakes up (she opens her eyes a lot while she's napping)... it's so cute when I'm sitting right there & she opens her eyes, sees me then smiles big as she goes back to sleep.. We have hooks in two rooms, one of which is freezing-arse cold:, now I want hooks in every room! She likes the hammock when she's awake, too... as long as she's not in the mood to sit up.

When she wants to sit or be picked up she's started arching her back as if to say "go ahead & get your hands under there". She also wants to be entertained, sitting at the computer while she's awake is a thing of the past, which brings me back to the beginning of my post... time here is short.

I'll be playing catch-up again real soon! Love to read about everyone & their babes.
Oh yeah, sunshine's mama, LOVED the pics! Thanks for sharing those. Praying your mom improves.

Blessings, everyone!
Old 01-04-2008, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dctexan View Post
It can happen with fresh milk too. DS took bottles from DH no problem, but it was always milk that was no more than 24 hours old. Basically the lipase thing means that you have high levels of lipase (which I believe metabolizes fat). The more lipase you have, the faster your milk will become unpalatable (it is important to note that your milk isn't "bad" - although it may taste and smell bad to you - it is just that some babies won't drink high lipase milk that isn't super fresh). Chilling the milk speeds up the process. Soooo, if your milk has been refrigerated for a couple of days (never frozen) it is still possible that it tastes "off" to your DC. I find that my milk becomes unacceptable to DS after 48 hours in the fridge. It is pretty easy to tell if you have the lipase problem. Pump some fresh milk and compare the taste & smell to your stored milk. Lipase creates a distinct soapy/metallic taste. If it is the lipase thing, you can fix it by scalding. If it is just a bottle problem, try not to worry too much, the babe will work it out (either by taking the bottle or by drinking more from mama). Just remember that some babies (or so I've been told) go 8/9 hours at night without eating and are just fine. Your babe can make it through a daycare day without eating as long as there is plenty of milk at home.

Thanks for the info! I will do a taste test this weekend to see if I can perceive a difference in the milk that has been refridgerated a couple of days. I'm inclined to think DS's difficulties at daycare mostly have to do with feeling insecure there (for example, they report that he screams when they change his diaper; at home that is his favorite thing to do so he probably just doesn't want to be put down) but I want to rule out any other fixable problems. Sigh. I hope he (and I!) adjust to this change soon.

Mama to Otto (9/07) and expecting Greta (EDD 6/13)  familybed2.giffemalesling.GIFnocirc.giflactivist.gif

Old 01-04-2008, 02:30 PM

i think we have reverse cycling going on here too -- combined with the fact that ellie doesn't want to nap anymore (pulling my hair out) -- i think she's so excited that she can get her hands to her mouth and look around that she doesn't want to do anything else during the day

the raffles for Jess end today, check them out -- lots of great stuff! link in my sig.

Obstruct livery vehicles!

Old 01-04-2008, 03:07 PM

So I got my kissaluvs in the mail yesterday. I order 12 size 1's and 6 size 2's. I tried the size 1's, which are supposedly the right size for his weight and they seem way too small for him. His bum hangs out the back so I adjust and then they're really low in the front. I tried the size 2 and that fits a lot better. Unfortunately there are no exchanges and to return them would mean a 40% restocking fee and I'd have to pay for shipping. So I guess I'm stuck with them. They'll work until he gains another pound most likely, which is probably going to happen any day now. I'm thinking its because his torso is so long but who knows, according to the size range they're supposed to fit him for another 8 pounds.

I'm in the process of figuring out how we're going to move ourselves and our things to Arizona. We're probably going to hire movers and put a lot of stuff into storage, I need to get a quote for that. I also think we're going to have to ship our jeep because driving from NY to Arizona is going to be crazy, and flying will just be easier and quicker all around. I found flights for less that $200 as well, so it will be cheaper instead of driving and having to pay for gas and hotel rooms every night. I think we may also have enough points to help pay for it as well (Yet another thing to check on).

Beemama - Good idea on the sanity preservation. I usually have mine in the morning which consists of another hour or two of sleep. I'm glad she likes the hammock, we didn't end up getting one but I would like to eventually purchase one for the future. Was it you who posted the link for libby dibby skirts? I bookmarked it a while ago and checked it out and I think I'm going to purchase a couple, thank you for sharing it!

ribbonyellow.gif Army wife ribbonyellow.gif - Mama to Liam waterbirth.jpg (9/07), Laine uc.jpg (5/09), and Eliza h20homebirth.gif (7/11)

Old 01-04-2008, 04:01 PM

As if today couldn't get ANY better.

I just listened to a voicemail from my ped's office. They called because Liam hasn't been back to their office and according to their records he hasn't received any vaccines, and he's going to get incredibly sick if he doesn't get them. So I called and explained that we wouldn't be going back there and that I wanted the records sent to me instead, no questions asked. Then I find out they called my mom and scared the crap out of her. She talked to Andrew on the phone and now she seems to think they're going to have CPS come take Liam away from us because we don't vaccinate. I tried to get ahold of her but ended up talking to my brother instead, and tried to explain to him that it was within our legal rights as parents to choose not to do it. And then he harrasses me about not circumcising him and how I'm such a "whack-job" because of the decisions I've made as a parent, and this is the first time I've heard anything about it. My mom knows we're not vaccinating and I'm pissed that they called and stirred up trouble with her.

I know this isn't the end of this unfortunately....

ribbonyellow.gif Army wife ribbonyellow.gif - Mama to Liam waterbirth.jpg (9/07), Laine uc.jpg (5/09), and Eliza h20homebirth.gif (7/11)

Old 01-04-2008, 04:21 PM

Katie- Is your mom listed as an emergency contact in your son's file or something? Otherwise the doctor's office committed a major HIPPA violation by contacting her and discussing your son's private medical info with her. I would be calling that ped's office and giving them a good "talking to". They ovrstepped their bounds. Even if she is listed as a contact this was not an emergency situation. I'm sorry you have to deal with that.

I bet you could find someone here on MDC to buy the Kissaluvs from you, or trade for somehting else.
Old 01-04-2008, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plaid Leopard View Post
Katie- Is your mom listed as an emergency contact in your son's file or something? Otherwise the doctor's office committed a major HIPPA violation by contacting her and discussing your son's private medical info with her. I would be calling that ped's office and giving them a good "talking to". They ovrstepped their bounds. Even if she is listed as a contact this was not an emergency situation. I'm sorry you have to deal with that.

I bet you could find someone here on MDC to buy the Kissaluvs from you, or trade for somehting else.

Yeah she's an emergency contact. I posted the whole thing in vaccines and I'm going to cross post it in LWAB to see what others have to say though. I already called and they didn't discuss any of their previous message with me, just told me to send them a letter and they would mail me his records.

Old 01-04-2008, 05:31 PM

Katie - Sounds like a cash cow to me! Major privacy issue. You'd win a lawsuit for sure.

Seriously, though, that is The Big Suck. And your brother ... Wow. That's creepy to have a family member, a male, be of that whacked circ. opinion. Yes, see that - I said he's whacked, not you!

MDC loves you!

And ditto on the Kissaluvs thing - I'm sure someone will buy or trade 'round these parts.
Old 01-04-2008, 05:41 PM

HI Mamas !

I hope everyone had a very happy new year! I am having a hard time keeping up with our thread each month......... so sorry Mamas!

sophiekat ~ the raffle was so much fun and for such a GREAT cause!! Thank you sooo much for doing that! Can we do it again some time soon? It would be super nice to continue to raise money for Jess's family.

Things here at my house has been soooo busy! I am having a hard time keeping up with both my 2.5 ds and my little girl. I feel soooo bad for my little boy! He was my center of attention for so long and he is still having a hard time sharing mommy. Today was especially tough..... I wish I had six arms! Anyone else going through this?

Also, my little girl sweats like crazy when I am nursing her. Sometimes her whole head is sweating!! I do put some thin receiving blankets on my arm to try to help her because I think it is the heat from my arm and body.???? Anyone else having this as well?

All the babies that are rolling over and having teeth popping through.... HOW EXCITING! They are growing tooooo fast!

will check back soon !

Rachel femalesling.GIF, WAHM, Mom to guitar.gif DS (MAY/05), hearts.gifDD (AUG/07), and superhero.gif DS (JAN/10),  bfinfant.gif DD (JUL/12) Wife to the love of my life partners.gif(MAY/02),

Old 01-04-2008, 05:54 PM - Thread Starter

Akane rolled over for the first time today. I feel like such a proud momma. :-) All things considered, I feel really good. My MIL is still after me to put Akane in "her own bed" even though I've repeatedly told her that she has a bed and a place in it. It'll be interesting when I take her to her next doctor's appointment and delay vaccination until I research the issue to my satisfaction and come to a well informed choice instead of just doing it because everyone else is doing it. *sigh*

I know she just wants to make sure that Akane gets the best of everything but damn... Yes we are under her roof but my baby is my child and I should be able to raise her how I choose. *headdesk* (And yes, we are working on finding a place and moving the heck out but until we move, we're kinda stuck)

I appreciate her opening her home to us when we needed it but damn, I feel like she's treating me as if I'm a stupid person when it comes to raising my girl.
Old 01-04-2008, 06:21 PM

I just got off the phone with my mom. According to her, it was the office manager she spoke with. She told my mom that Liam hadn't been to any well child visits, and that for his health it is necessary for him to go. She also told my mom that there was no record of him receiving vaccinations and that this was also dangerous for his health. My mom told her that we had made up our own minds regarding this and they would have to speak with me. They're definitely going to get it from me. My mom is afraid now because she works in transcription for the hospital associated with this ped, and she doesn't want to get involved. I respect that so I can't exactly use her to back me up now, I can only say what she told me.

So as it stands now they violated the HIPPA by disclosing this information to my mom when it wasn't an emergency. We checked the call times and they called Andrew first about making an appointment, then they called my mom, then called again to leave the message, and then my mom called us. So it looks like they're just trying to stir up trouble.

:

Old 01-04-2008, 10:19 PM

Ugh. We do selective and delayed vax (as it turns out). I haven't gotten much flak from our ped. I just made his six month appointment and am planning to cancel his 4 month appt. I can't see any reason to go in and sit with all the sick kids. He is developing and growing, we don't have any issues so I just don't see the value in this appointment for him or us. She is so busy I she would only notice if he is sick and needs to get in to see her before his next visit. Dd1 was so slow to move in any way and nobody worried about her then. I now know that here and now, if he is as slow as his sister they will want him in physical therapy. In a different time and place I was told that as a large baby it just took longer, it was still a normal pace, all babies are different, and so on. Here I feel like if the babies aren't hitting milestones at the check-up preceding the 'deadline' they put them in therapy. Perhaps I am so laid back because everything has turned out all right so far?

I can't imagine being back at work right now so my heart goes out to those of you struggling to adjust.

I posted once in ppd but I think my main problem is that I am overwhelmed. I am still only able to do one thing a day - school with the older two, activities with the other two, baby care, housework, self care. I can no longer multi-task. If everyone could just take a day off from wearing clothing, eating, and perhaps talking to me I might gain some perspective. All this to say I feel for you Forestrymom.

You don’t owe them an explanation, just a response.
Old 01-04-2008, 10:23 PM

EricaE – Congratulations! What a gift a nap can be.

Jbirdbrain – I’m sorry about you having to put Otto in daycare. I too went through the same struggle and argument repeatedly with DH during my maternity leave (and about once a week since). DS went to daycare at 3 months also and thankfully they have been really wonderful. That doesn’t stop my periodic panic attacks at least once a day that he’s being treated badly or that someone will steal him, but I know that’s just my paranoia talking. I miss him with an ache that is indescribable when I’m at work, but when I go to get him in the afternoon he gives me a giant hug and kiss and every worry in the world just melts away. The teacher always gives me his daily “report” of how he did that day and I swear once he’s in my arms I don’t even hear a word she says LOL.

ATD Mom – Does he cry when he eats and arch his back? If so it could be reflux. DS had reflux, but grew out of it around 5 months. He was on a low dose of liquid pepcid before then. Otherwise it could be a more serious problem having to do with the toughening of the sphincter between the stomach and the esophagus. Is he gaining weight? You should probably talk to your doc about it.

Forestrymom – My DS uses a pacifier, but I remember when I was growing up, my aunt, who EBF all of my cousins, helped them find a thumb or finger instead of giving them the pacifier. They were all thumb suckers, but beware, that is a hard habit to break. None of them used sippy cups either. She went straight from breast to cup with supervision. It is supposed to be better for your teeth (which thumb sucking is not) so go figure, I guess!

Beemama – Your LO sounds so cute with the napping wakeups. I just love that “just woke up” smile. It is my favorite part of the morning when I actually get to wake up DS and it isn’t the other way around!

KatieJJ3344 – I’m so sorry about your ped’s office doing that to you. I think that’s outside of your privacy rights, no? You should check that out and pursue it if they don’t stop. It is within your legal right and your family should respect that even if they don’t agree. I’m so sorry

RachelS – DS is a little sweater too. He’s always soaked wherever we have body contact when he’s nursing, sleeping, hanging out…he’s a little heater!

KurimiSophia – Sorry about your MIL. Few people understand the whole family bed concept. I know I’m the only one I know outside of MDC that does it and supports it.

It has been a long week and I am so glad it is finally the weekend. You know I feel that way, but yet I’m not sure why. Going to work is a break sometimes because DS has been a major handful as of late. I think it’s because he’s been sick and now is better, but the antibiotics are screwing with his tummy so he’s cranky. He even got a “bad” report at school the other day when I picked him up. He wouldn’t sit down in the chair when it was time for food (he does this straight leg thing and starts grunting), he kept kicking his pant legs off when he was getting his diaper changed, and he kept pulling another kid’s hair. Then, despite the “bad day” I put him down in his crib that night (yesterday) while we ate dinner because he’d fallen asleep nursing. He didn’t wake up until 2:30 am and then actually let me put him back in the crib where he stayed asleep until I had to wake him up at 6:00 am to get dressed so we could leave. I was shocked, and incredibly engorged, but mostly shocked. Well, DH just got home with a pizza (yum) so I’d better go. I am about to lose my mind – doctor gave me meds for my “really bad” sinus infection, but I still can’t hear out of my left ear at all. It is like I have a constant dial tone in my head when there’s no other noise going on. It is literally driving me crazy. I hope you all are having a good night and a relaxing weekend!

Jessica - I my guys!! DH Marty (4-22-06) DS Marty (7-2-07) DS Anderson (4-12-10)
Mighty-Mama
Old 01-05-2008, 01:53 AM

Hello there.
Sorry it's taking me a couple of days to respond to you. I've been distracted by a few things, including a quick by nice visit of some friends passing through town.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plaid Leopard View Post
Nikkihoi- I'm glad to hear that Marshall is gaining but sorry the bf and pupming is still difficult. Hope things get better soon.
Are there any mamas near you who could donate some EBM so you don't have to use the supplement so much, or so you could at least have an emergency EBM stash in the freezer? .
Plaid, I haven't looked into this option as of yet. I'm hoping the supply issue will work out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leanbh View Post
Nikkihoi- have you tried drinking half a guinness to up your supply? i'm friends with another mama from our ddc who swears by it. just an idea... i know some people are way anti-alcohol while bfing, but it might be something to try if it's your style.
Leanbh, haven't tried it but I love guinness! I just might try it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieJJ334 View Post
I know when I'm pumping and in a bad mood or worrying about something it really effects my let-down, its like my body won't relax enough to get down to business. What kind of pump are you using? Also if you can find someone to donate milk that might be a good thing.
I'm using an AmedaPY.
I'm sure holiday stress had something to do it...I hope. Keeping fingers crossed that's the case.

SAHM and loving it with DH, DS (8/4/2007) and DS (10/10/2010)
Old 01-05-2008, 02:13 AM

So I went to visit my 3wk old cousin today. My aunt is 36 with her first born & she isn't doing so well. He looks underfed and neglected. My grandmother seemed to be the one taking care of her grandson. I only hope the best for them.

Christmas was nice. Here are a few pictures of Aiyana in a new outfit, booties, and jacket!

new outfit

new jacket

too big, but it'll fit soon

new bug booties

Wanted to post real quick...reading the thread now.

gd.gif winner.jpgteapot2.GIF placenta.gif caffix.gif

Young mama, student midwife, student herbalist, doula, massage therapist.

Aspiring homesteader & beekeeper.

Old 01-05-2008, 02:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsb422 View Post
I was shocked, and incredibly engorged, but mostly shocked. Well, DH just got home with a pizza (yum) so I’d better go. I am about to lose my mind – doctor gave me meds for my “really bad” sinus infection, but I still can’t hear out of my left ear at all. It is like I have a constant dial tone in my head when there’s no other noise going on. It is literally driving me crazy. I hope you all are having a good night and a relaxing weekend!
I am so glad that your little one gave you a nice well needed break! I know that shocked and incredibly engorged feeling myself! Sorry you are still not feeling well! Sending you lots of healing vibes!

Rachel femalesling.GIF, WAHM, Mom to guitar.gif DS (MAY/05), hearts.gifDD (AUG/07), and superhero.gif DS (JAN/10),  bfinfant.gif DD (JUL/12) Wife to the love of my life partners.gif(MAY/02),

Old 01-05-2008, 02:52 AM

Ok! I scanned a bit to catch up.

Katie! OMG! Your peds office totally violated your (baby) privacy rights. I know your Mom doesn't want to get involved but I would discuss it further with her b/c that office shouldn't get away with that at ALL! It's not like there is a major epidemic of "blank" that would call for emergency vaxs. Oh! I'm burning up for you:

So the pumping supply is getting a little better and DS has been doing well at the breast. Keeping my fingers crossed it really was the holiday stress. I'm also just not stressing myself out if I don't actually follow "the plan" that's in place this week which is a breast feeding then a bottle feeding. It doesn't always work that way especially if I leave the house to do errands (w/o a bottle of whatever) and we take longer and I have to nurse ds in the car. Just doing my best and keeping the baby fed.
I did touch base with my LC. She was happy with the gain and that we were getting our naps down. But oddly, when I told her that ds was sucking down his food on the hardest setting on the Haberman, she said 'well that nipple is probably worn out and it's probably time to go to a regular slow flow nipple' What??? I was surprised and said something like 'wouldn't that make things a little too easy for him, especially since he's still fussy at the breast, especially when the milk flow slows down?' And she something about him getting older and moving on. I'm sorry, I thought the whole point of all of this was to get to nurse exclusively......
I might just cough up the bucks and try a new Haberman nipple before I start introducing anything else into the mix. My Goodness!
On a different note, she did say that the supply issues probably had to do with holiday stress and for me to pump as much as possible.

To add to the mix, I think Marshall is seriously teething. He's been so fussy and all the sign are there. Poor guy He seems so uncomfortable.
He's also waking up to nurse, mainly comfort nurse, A LOT in the past week and I'm really starting to feel the lack of sleep (also not good)

Gotta go...DH and I need to have a discussion...

Old 01-05-2008, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkihoi View Post
Ok! I scanned a bit to catch up.

Katie! OMG! Your peds office totally violated your (baby) privacy rights. I know your Mom doesn't want to get involved but I would discuss it further with her b/c that office shouldn't get away with that at ALL! It's not like there is a major epidemic of "blank" that would call for emergency vaxs. Oh! I'm burning up for you:

So the pumping supply is getting a little better and DS has been doing well at the breast. Keeping my fingers crossed it really was the holiday stress. I'm also just not stressing myself out if I don't actually follow "the plan" that's in place this week which is a breast feeding then a bottle feeding. It doesn't always work that way especially if I leave the house to do errands (w/o a bottle of whatever) and we take longer and I have to nurse ds in the car. Just doing my best and keeping the baby fed.
I did touch base with my LC. She was happy with the gain and that we were getting our naps down. But oddly, when I told her that ds was sucking down his food on the hardest setting on the Haberman, she said 'well that nipple is probably worn out and it's probably time to go to a regular slow flow nipple' What??? I was surprised and said something like 'wouldn't that make things a little too easy for him, especially since he's still fussy at the breast, especially when the milk flow slows down?' And she something about him getting older and moving on. I'm sorry, I thought the whole point of all of this was to get to nurse exclusively......
I might just cough up the bucks and try a new Haberman nipple before I start introducing anything else into the mix. My Goodness!
On a different note, she did say that the supply issues probably had to do with holiday stress and for me to pump as much as possible.

To add to the mix, I think Marshall is seriously teething. He's been so fussy and all the sign are there. Poor guy He seems so uncomfortable.
He's also waking up to nurse, mainly comfort nurse, A LOT in the past week and I'm really starting to feel the lack of sleep (also not good)

Gotta go...DH and I need to have a discussion...
Have you thought of a SNS? Sorry if you've mentioned it before!
Old 01-05-2008, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by forestrymom View Post
Have you thought of a SNS? Sorry if you've mentioned it before!
No problem Forestry. We've been using the Haberman nipple or Meldela calls it "special needs" nipple. It taught DS to suck better.

Old 01-05-2008, 02:44 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hello mamas!

I joined MDC during the end of my pregnancy and didn't really get too involved in the DDC although I did post in there so you might remember me. I always see these threads and they are so long and I didn't have time to keep up. Well now I can! I go back to work on Monday and I will have lots of time to browse the boards.

My son was born on 09/04 and he is chewing on anything he can get in his mouth. He is so close to rolling over and he is in size 12 month onesies because his torso is so long. We can't snap up the 9 month anymore. They look funny though because they are so baggy lol. I think he is close to 15.5 lbs now and was born at 8lbs exactly.

Here are some pictures:

This is from his baptism last week
http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o...ah/baptism.jpg

This is Christmas eve
http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o...urah/Table.jpg

This is DS devouring his Ernie doll
http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o...urah/ernie.jpg

I hope to keep up with this thread and get to know all you moms.
Old 01-05-2008, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkihoi View Post
No problem Forestry. We've been using the Haberman nipple or Meldela calls it "special needs" nipple. It taught DS to suck better.
Right--but with a SNS (Supplemental Nursing System) he would be getting all his milk from you. That's a brand name, but there is also Lactaid. If your goal is getting him to the breast exclusively, and he is not longer having suck problems, but still need supplementation, you could get him to the breast for all his feedings.

Waylon has green poop. Any thoughts other than oversupply?
Old 01-05-2008, 08:45 PM

CanidFL: Your little guy is SO cute! I love his dimples!

DS:15 DD:12 DS:7 DS:5
Surrogate baby born: 9/17/12
Surrogate baby due: 12/14/14
Old 01-05-2008, 08:49 PM

Waylon has green poop

Sean had green poop this morning, too. I have no idea why?

DS:15 DD:12 DS:7 DS:5
Surrogate baby born: 9/17/12
Surrogate baby due: 12/14/14
Old 01-05-2008, 09:36 PM

Green Poop:
fore milk/ hind milk imbalance? I'm pretty sure that's why ds had it before xmas when we tried the 5 days of just breast feeding.
BUT, I recently read some where (askdr.sears maybe) that it can be a cause of teething... something to do with the excess salvia, I think?

Old 01-05-2008, 10:02 PM

Well, just now catching a break of some sort. It's been 24 full hours of hell!! All 3 of my kids are sick:Puke. Since 6 pm last night someone has been puking and/or having diarrhea. I have never been so overwhelmed in my life. Just as soon as I'd get one of them situated, another one would wake up and be sick. Poor little Georgia didn't nurse most of the night, and when she did it all came up just a little while later. Fortunately, she's perked back up today and is nursing again, albeit less than usual. Hope all of you manage to keep your babes away from such nastiness. It really sucks!
Old 01-05-2008, 10:26 PM

sorry to hear your kids are sick...you poor thing.

Brianna had green poop once last week. She turned 4 months today. She sees her PED on Monday so I will see what is up with the green poop. She seems to be teething something wicked. She still hasn't rolled over yet.

Does anyone's babies constantly clasp their hands together if they don't have them in their mouth?

Lisa
Old 01-05-2008, 10:32 PM

WE HAVE A TOOTH POKIN THROUGH....bottom left.....she was UBER miserable last night and most of today so I just reached in and can feel the tip of it now.....YIKES!

She needs to slow down on this growing....

Green poop: Teething usually.....all that saliva pushes things through faster and things can get runny too...

Nikki: I have a Starter SNS here if you would like it....opened, never used...I find I get

JB: I had a hard time leaving dd the other day to just go get a cup of coffee with a friend for an hour...she was in town for a day and even though dd had just nursed, I left her crying with daddy....why was she crying?? BC I leaned in to kiss her and had wool socks on and shocked the crap outta both of us....I felt awful....I can't imagine how hard it would be to leave her for work!! He'll adjust just fine and think about at the end of the day when he's so happy to see you and that nursing session.....a time to reconnect!

Emily: I have too much Lipase too....are you scalding yours? Mine smelled fine in the fridge but I needed to freeze it so I scalded it and it smelled horrible...I was in tears....but I cooled it quickly.....poured it in the bottle, put it in a bowl with ice and then in the fridge and smelled it later on and it kept IN THE FRIDGE for 3 days all fine and dandy......I did the same thing freezing the next "round". If you are keeping it in the freezer part of the fridge (top door) don't put it near the back wall.....

Napping: Mine has decided she doesn't need that many anymore...for now...her big sister did the same thing around this age. She's just WAY obeservent and wants to be partof the action....constantly chattering on too.....it's cute....I'm more tired than ever though....

Katie: I have loads of size 2s from dd1..I'll trade you a few for some 1s..
.I bought some from a mama on here this spring and she never send them, NOR refunded my money....grrrr....They are stored at my mom's.....We just grew out of our nb0's here..... for the ped office...I don't think you are a whackjob!!!! I can't believe that. We do selective vax but my normal ped forgot to write that it was ok in the chart so when we went in, the nurse wasn't able to do what we asked bc 2 of the md's there in the office wouldn't sign off on it but I saw the one that ok'd it leaving and went and told her what was up and she shook her head and went to the nurse and told her it was fine....and gave me a hug! I hope things work out well!

Rachel
: DD1 did that....the whole sweating while nursing thing...It was just the top side too...which ever side of her head was up....would be soaked.just the head though...It's like she was working so hard. Never really figured it out though and nothing else was wrong. L isnt doing it just yet. Her little head gets hot but not sweaty....It stopped when she was about a year maybe??more from my PY with their Flexisheilds (or the inserts for the ISIS)....sometimes it's an ounce or two more per session!!

Jazzy: Love the pics!!! Esp the one in the jacket where she has forehead dimples!! She has those old soul eyes........Where'd you get the bug booties??

Betsy: for sick kids!!!! Hope they feel better soon....

Clasping hands
: L sleeps with hers like this and when she nurses sometimes, she will hold them.....she fell asleep earlier and had one hand under the shirt and held her tshirt clad hand with her other one.....

Ok, I think I am caught up...this moves sooo fast...

The snow is melting.......

It's supposed to be 56 tomorrow, 65 Wednesday, 62 Thursday and I haven't checked further than that bc it's Ohio, it cold be snow.....I'll take the 3 days of that though, even if it does rain the whole time!!!!!
Old 01-05-2008, 11:12 PM

Sunshine's mama -

Yeah I'd be willing to trade, it will probably have to be later this month that I can ship them after DH gets paid, he's cutting me off until then because of my recent shopping spree. How many size 2's do you have? I'm willing to trade 12 for 12 if you can do that.

My brother is on my Sh!t list right now. I don't understand what his problem was and my mom is mad at him now as well because of it. I've always been on his side about everything and been supportive of him. According to him I'm making poor parenting decisions and he knows better than me so he's allowed to criticize me. I didn't really argue with him, just asked him what was hurting him so badly inside that he felt he had to be disrespectful to me, and that if he felt threatened because my decisions have been different from his to not be because it has nothing to do with him. From now on I guess I'm too much of a whack job for him to be around me or my son :

I only got a brief story from my mom yesterday since she was at work when I called her. Today we spoke again and she said the office manager also told her that it was illegal for me to not bring Liam in for office visits and that they could call CPS on me. First time I've ever heard of such a thing. Let them call CPS I guess if they really want to invoke my wrath.

My mom said she's going to keep asking around for a non-vax friendly ped, most are non-circ and breastfeeding friendly so that isn't an issue at least. I'm waiting to hear back from a friend about her experience with a ped after she declines the 2 month vax's at their appointment next week, based on that I might be taking Liam there.

I took these pics yesterday, he's up to 18 pounds now and I've really noticed his legs getting rolly polly, so cute:

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...iejj34/Li1.jpg

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...iejj34/Li2.jpg

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...iejj34/Li4.jpg

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...iejj34/Li3.jpg

User Tag List