September 07 Mommas-- Happy New Year, It's Jan.! - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#121 of 604 Old 01-07-2008, 11:48 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
bhawkins - I hope Georgia is better.

Sabo- I've been putting breastmilk on Yann's skin too and it does seem to help. He definitely has the bald spot from rubbing his head. Nice to know that he's not the only "shaker".

leanbh - what is the Pc vaccine, and why does your ped recommend it? Great pictures.

mommajb - how do you manage the homeschooling of your older dc? I just can't get it together anymore. It's always been difficult because my son absolutely hates doing any kind of schoolwork, but now I just don't have the energy to be on him about it all day - so it doesn't get done. My dd is better about doing her work but if she sees that her older brother is not doing anything she tries to see what she can get away with too. sigh.

Feliciagayle - I love the pictures.

HI everybody else. I can only keep up with the last few posts. as it is I should be packing and cleaning.

I tried the back carry with Yann today and he just screamed. I think he was sleepy and wasn't in the mood for trying new and exciting tricks! I'll try again later, because it would certainly be helpful to have him on my back sometimes. (while I'm packing and cleaning, for example).

Last night he woke up in the middle of the night, and smiled at me and DH and then just lay there looking around breathing rapidly and kicking his legs. Finally he had a big poop blowout, so we changed his diaper and clothes and turned out the light. More rapid breathing and kicking. After a few minutes I realized he had gone peepee, so I took off his diaper and he pooped just as I was about to get a new one on him - all over the bed, the blanket, my foot... Got that cleaned up, put a diaper on him and he pooped again. Fun. AFter that he still did the rapid breathing and kicking after I turned off the light. Finally got him nurse and calm down but it took forever.
#122 of 604 Old 01-07-2008, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelS View Post
How is your little one doing Mama? I hope better!!!

Leanbh ~ your little one is sooooooooo cute! What is a frozen poopsie teething doll?

Hope everyone is doing well today!
nak

aw, thanks!

a poopsie is just a teething doll. we dip the hand and feet bits in water and freeze it. .. we have this one from kathy kruse:

http://www.amazon.com/K%C3%A4the-Kru...719821&sr=1-14

Lindsay + Trev = DD RóisÃ*n (9/07) & DS Ãamonn (7/2010)
#123 of 604 Old 01-07-2008, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plaid Leopard View Post

leanbh - what is the Pc vaccine, and why does your ped recommend it? Great pictures.
the Pc vaccine protects against Pneumococcal disease which is (according to Dr. Sears' Vaccine Book) "a common bacterial cause of respiratory infections... and the most common cause of infant meningitis."

our doctor, knowing that we were delaying and selectively vaxing, recommended this as in his opinion the priority of vaccines for us to get should we choose to vaccinate. does that make sense? well, we chose to vaccinate for only Pc right now. kind of testing the waters. as ro is exposed to many other kids through our nieces, we thought this was important. we were going to get the DTaP instead (because i have an irrational fear of pertussis) but as i said, the metal content in that one was just too high for us to feel comfortable with.

#124 of 604 Old 01-07-2008, 12:40 PM

Thank you leanbn!

My twin sister just called.... she had a miscarriage this morning and needs to have a D&C tomorrow..... she was 9 weeks. I am so sad for her! We live in different states... can you help me think of something to send to her????

Rachel femalesling.GIF, WAHM, Mom to guitar.gif DS (MAY/05), hearts.gifDD (AUG/07), and superhero.gif DS (JAN/10),  bfinfant.gif DD (JUL/12) Wife to the love of my life partners.gif(MAY/02),

#125 of 604 Old 01-07-2008, 12:50 PM

rachels - i'm sooo sorry to hear about your twin sister's loss.

#126 of 604 Old 01-07-2008, 12:58 PM

Homeschooling. What a sore spot for me. I am not very proud of how we are doing it right now.

First off, I am lucky enough to have brilliant children. Then I pushed them too hard for years. Then when I realized I was due to have a baby in Sept I planned for it with a 'not heavy' academic year as my 5th grader is doing algebra as it is. I pushed the subjects where I am most likely to off to dh, and I spend the morning as we work on other things. I expect way more than he does and I am not sure who is right. Vent almost over.

Ds works well , dd takes most of my attention :, I wear/nurse the baby :, I expect the 2 yo and 4 yo to play pleasantly . Basically, I go insane, fight fires while resolving to plan better for the littles, clean up a bit midday, and try to spend the afternoon doing something else. Notice all the frustration? Not much help is it? I am always resolving to fix it one way or another, much like the rest of parenting.

bhawkins, How is Georgia today?

You don’t owe them an explanation, just a response.
#127 of 604 Old 01-07-2008, 01:00 PM

I don't mean to reply that I am always frustrated with my kiddos, I am reading too much into what I wrote. Some moments and days are lovely but there is always somewhere for a parent to try to improve.

#128 of 604 Old 01-07-2008, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine's mama View Post
Emily: I have too much Lipase too....are you scalding yours? Mine smelled fine in the fridge but I needed to freeze it so I scalded it and it smelled horrible...I was in tears....but I cooled it quickly.....poured it in the bottle, put it in a bowl with ice and then in the fridge and smelled it later on and it kept IN THE FRIDGE for 3 days all fine and dandy......I did the same thing freezing the next "round". If you are keeping it in the freezer part of the fridge (top door) don't put it near the back wall.....
Yep, I am scalding. I have to scald it within 12 hours of pumping or else it goes bad. I cannot store in the fridge for a couple of days and then scald - it never works. Also, I have noticed that sometimes my milk SMELLS okay, but still tastes kinda soapy. I always taste my milk now before I serve it to Benjamin. Sorry you have the lipase issue too. Such a PIA to deal with.

4 month update
We had our 4 month ped appt on Friday. Benjamin is now 14 lbs (both weight 7lbs 4oz) and 26 inches (birth length was 21 inches). The ped is slightly concerned that his height is outpacing his weight and is encouraging me to try to get him to eat more. Um, how the #$%^ do you make a baby eat? Seriously, if the kid is done eating, he is DONE. He will SCREAM if I try to give him the boob when he doesn't want it. Since he is growing (and making plenty of wet and poopy diapers) I am not going to worry about it. I did up the amount of breastmilk I put in his daycare bottles (extra half oz in each bottle) so we shall see how that goes. We also did our 4 mo. vaxs. We are following the CDC schedule pretty closely (because DS is in daycare and because DH is VERY pro-vax). We skipped DTap at the 2 month and skipped Polio at this one. Overall the shots were much easier this time around (much less crying, no swelling or any other after effects).

I have to say that so far 4 months is shaping up to be my favorite age. Despite the terrible sleep regression (going from only 1-2 night waking to 4-6) he is shaping up to be such a delightful fun baby. I love the smiles and the fact that he is learning so much everyday. I could do without the horrible dying cat noices he makes now (I miss the sweet gooing and gahhing from 2-3 months), but they seem to be taking the place of the screaming fussy meltdowns, so I suppose it is a good trade.

Question regarding poopy diapers: How many poopy diapers do you get each day? I always heard the b'fed babies will go DAYS without pooping. Benjamin has never done this. He regularly has 4-5 poopy dipes per day. Is this normal?
#129 of 604 Old 01-07-2008, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dctexan View Post
Question regarding poopy diapers: How many poopy diapers do you get each day? I always heard the b'fed babies will go DAYS without pooping. Benjamin has never done this. He regularly has 4-5 poopy dipes per day. Is this normal?
As long as it looks okay (there is a range, but seedy mustard) and smells okay (ebf poo is not generally terribly offensive when fresh) both ends of the spectrum are fine. It can range from every nursing to every 10 days or so. The most frequent range at this age is between 2x a day to every two days or so.

#130 of 604 Old 01-07-2008, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dctexan View Post
My little one has 4-5 poopy diapers a day as well.

Rachel femalesling.GIF, WAHM, Mom to guitar.gif DS (MAY/05), hearts.gifDD (AUG/07), and superhero.gif DS (JAN/10),  bfinfant.gif DD (JUL/12) Wife to the love of my life partners.gif(MAY/02),

#131 of 604 Old 01-07-2008, 04:28 PM

We just got back from Sean's 4 month check up. He's 16 lbs, 12 oz and 25 1/4". He got his very first shot - DTaP - and he didn't even flinch! No tears, no fussing, nothing. Right now he's pretty content and sleepy. But he was smiling within seconds of the shot.

DS:11 DD:8 DS:3 DS:13 months
#132 of 604 Old 01-07-2008, 04:29 PM

Quote:
My little one has 4-5 poopy diapers a day as well.
Sean typically goes 3-4 days between poops.

Quote:
My twin sister just called.... she had a miscarriage this morning and needs to have a D&C tomorrow..... she was 9 weeks. I am so sad for her! We live in different states... can you help me think of something to send to her????
I'm so sorry to hear about your sister's loss. I've suffered 6 miscarriages total, and it's a very painful and sorrowful time. Maybe you could send her a little angle figurine?

#133 of 604 Old 01-07-2008, 04:38 PM

bhawkins: How is Georgia today?? I hope she's feeling better.

#134 of 604 Old 01-07-2008, 04:55 PM

I'm reaaaally sleepy today. Liam was up at 4:45 and had a hard time getting back to sleep. We had an appointment at 8:40 on post (which is an hour and a half away) so I had to get up at 6am. I pretty much slept from midnight to 4am and that was it for me, so needless to say I'm going to bed way early tonight. I'm having insomnia again, I didn't have it for my entire pregnancy and probably slept the best that I have in years and now its coming back again. I've taken valerian and melatonin but neither do much for me. It seems like my body's natural sleep cycle is to go to bed really late and sleep in late, which doesn't exactly work when you have a LO.

Liam new favorite thing to do now is to practice coughing, he likes to "cough cry" instead of real crying. He is also making other weird noises, kind of like a cross between a screech and a laugh. I will definitely take that before crying. We've decided to have a big moving sale before we move in May, so I have to get that organized for March or April, and at some point schedule an estimate to be done with the movers. I'm hoping it will cost us 2 grand, I have know idea how much for the jeep and I'm not looking forward to finding out.

RachelS
- I'm sorry to hear about your sister's loss, I like Erica's idea of an angel.

leanbh - Cute pictures! I like her onesies and her quilt is very pretty too!

Plaid Leopard - Poop on the bed is no fun, our bed gets peed on all the time and we only have one set of sheets for it, which makes for lots of laundry.

dctexan - Usually once a day here, and always in the morning. Though he did surprise us recently by going twice a day for two days.

And I guess today makes another because he just pooped again, off to change a diaper!

ribbonyellow.gif Army wife ribbonyellow.gif - Mama to Liam waterbirth.jpg (9/07), Laine uc.jpg (5/09), and Eliza h20homebirth.gif (7/11)

#135 of 604 Old 01-07-2008, 05:36 PM

Thanks Mamas..... she is having such a hard time today...I know tomorrow will be even more difficult for her. I love the angel idea! Thank you!

#136 of 604 Old 01-07-2008, 05:38 PM - Thread Starter

So my DH's friend Jereme comes over today and brings his gf and her daughter (who's 16 months old.) The gf and I chat while watching our LOs, my daughter at darn near 4 months is taller than her 16 month old who was ff. In my mind I'm going "go boob juice!"

Akane is doing well, but still cranky w/her little jaws hurting her but there's not much I can do about it save for keep putting cold teethers in her mouth when she wants them. I know this is only the start of things...oy. Save me now. lol.

I'm so glad I've only had poo on my sheets 1x and 1x only. Though this means I'm going to be eating my words at some point. Darn it, I should know when to keep my mouth shut.

ETA: Ok, the poop wasn't on my sheets but it was all over me. EWWWWWW

Next up is her 4 month appointment. At least DH is down for me to delay vaccination until I've researched the heck out of it. Now the doctor on the other hand will be another story. (It's the fun of Medicaid docs. w00t ) She's already turned over 2x. My jaw dropped when I saw it. My little girl's growing up. *wipes away a little tear*

Days like today just make me proud to be a mom. (And WTH is up w/the weather? I should not be able to walk out to the mailbox barefoot w/o coat on in Jan. I'm so confused. I'd love some normal weather please. This balmy stuff is freaking me out.)
#137 of 604 Old 01-07-2008, 06:38 PM

I am pretty sure I mentioned this before re: back carries. I have had Cian in a couple so far. He does not like to be worn all the time, so I usually put him on my front because I can keep him entertained better that way

Anyways, I have used a wrap and a mt for back carries with him. I can get him up very easily in a mt, but in a regular back carry, I havent tried to do a high back carry with him by myself in the MT. I tie the mt on at my hip, place baby on hip and pull the mt up over them. Holding the straps tight, I swing the MT and baby to my back. Since its already tied at my waist, I dont have to worry about him going anywhere

Nicole - )0( unschooling mama to Lilahblahblah.gif (12/21/05) and Cianwild.gif (9/21/07) as well as 3 dog2.gif 2 cat.gif,  4 rats, chicken3.gif and ducks

#138 of 604 Old 01-07-2008, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsb422 View Post
So I was chatting with mighty-mama’s DH today. Her boys both have really bad colds and so does he. Seems to be everywhere right now. They’ve never really been sick to my knowledge so I felt bad. They’ve been exposed to so many different people lately though between family and friends coming to visit and the hoards that were at her memorial service. I’ve been on antibiotics for a while now for my sinus infection, so I labeled that breastmilk “antibiotic” just in the event it might help Gavin kick this cold. Jack says he seems to be getting better though so hopefully it really is just a cold and not an infection like my DS got. I’m going with Jack and his sister on 1/11 to a tattoo parlor. They’re getting tribute tattoos to Jess which I think is sweet albeit very permanent. I have one that I need to have covered (I was having it removed…long story) so I’m going to go talk to the artist to see what he thinks about doing a piece on me too. Does anyone know if that’s safe to do while nursing? I have to find out. If not, I’ll just wait until we’re done.

Well I’m going to sign off for now. DS is getting drowsy and it is wind-down time before he gets to over-tired and I regret it! Love to you all

From what I've read, tattooing is very safe while breastfeeding- I think its Dr Sears' website that says there is a higher risk of getting hepatitis in the dentist's chair than there is in a tattoo parlor!!

Mama to Otto (9/07) and expecting Greta (EDD 6/13)  familybed2.giffemalesling.GIFnocirc.giflactivist.gif

#139 of 604 Old 01-07-2008, 08:19 PM

Lindsay: "Ro-bot"- that is so cute!!! And she is such a cutie. We call Otto "Auto-bahn" which his german daycare provider thinks is really funny.

RachelS: So sorry for your sisters loss. The angel idea is good.

Plaid Leopard: Sounds like an exciting night! Ugh! Otto seems to have a pooping "schedule"- every morning around 5:30 or 6:00 he starts grunting and kicking his legs in his sleep...most days this wakes me up and i get up with him until blast off (and then after a clean dipe, we usually go back to bed) but a couple of times we've had blow outs in the bed...I just love starting my day with a load of laundry

Mama to Otto (9/07) and expecting Greta (EDD 6/13)  familybed2.giffemalesling.GIFnocirc.giflactivist.gif

#140 of 604 Old 01-07-2008, 11:36 PM

ugh! i feel like i got nothing done today. someone please tell me that 2 hours outside with the kids, and a good amount of homeschooling is a good day, even though i didn't get the dishwasher unloaded (much less get the dirty ones in it), do any laundry, or clean dd1's carseat.
well, better get off MDC now since the dishwasher won't unload itself and Jamison's done nursing.

Mama to three  
#141 of 604 Old 01-08-2008, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeaninevp922 View Post
ugh! i feel like i got nothing done today. someone please tell me that 2 hours outside with the kids, and a good amount of homeschooling is a good day, even though i didn't get the dishwasher unloaded (much less get the dirty ones in it), do any laundry, or clean dd1's carseat.
well, better get off MDC now since the dishwasher won't unload itself and Jamison's done nursing.
I thibk it's awesome!! I am all about realistic goals and pats on the back lately.

Now, I need somebody to tell me that posting instead of snacking will help me lose weight. I need a new stress reliever.

#142 of 604 Old 01-08-2008, 11:39 AM

Sunshine’s Mama – Dare I ask how they drain your sinus? I’m seeing an ENT on the 17th (finally) and if that’s an option, I’m sure they’ll present it. Thanks for letting me know about your experience with this. I’ve been scared out of my mind that I might never hear again or something because no one I’ve talked to has ever heard of anything like this happening. I feel a little relieved now, so thanks so much. You are in my prayers always – you and your family. I hope things get better soon. :

Sophiekat – My hair pretty much stopped falling out (DS is 6 months), but now he’s ripping it out. He got a whole handful yesterday. I put my hair in a ponytail to try and keep it away from him, but he grabbed underneath by my neck and just yanked. At least you won’t be bald alone!

KatieJJ334 – Thank you for the article. That was my next source if no one on the board new the answer about that tattoo. I’m going to go talk to the artist on Friday. I’m not in a hurry, but am anxious to find someone who has the skill I’m looking for so I can work with them on a design.

Greenmagick – Sorry about all the sickness with the LO’s. It must be in the air because DS decided to wake up 4 times last night to nurse and I’m pretty sure it was just for comfort because at least twice as soon as he latched on and sucked a couple times he was asleep again until I tried to put him back to bed. We need some

Faliciagayle – It is going to be a challenge without DH, but you can do it! Look how much you have already accomplished on your own. Don’t underestimate yourself! Also, if you’re committed to co-sleeping then you should try to stick with it. Every baby has their periods of sleep striking so maybe Chaya is just going through a growth spurt or teeth. Sometimes its for no reason at all. Have some patience – you can do this!!

Forestrymom – Jack went back to work yesterday (Monday) and I haven’t heard yet how it was. I saw him the day before and not only was he sick as a dog, but he was really depressed about having to go back. I know they haven’t worked out a steady childcare plan yet – we still have friends/family taking days/shifts with the boys but one of Jessica’s cousins is considering moving to NJ to watch the boys permanently. I don’t know what he’s planning to do and I am careful about how much I pry because although I care deeply I don’t want him to feel like I’m intruding or pushing him. He said not one of his co-workers called him or even sent a card after Jess died so he was really angry/hurt about that which contributed to him not wanting to go back. How can people be so cruel?

Plaid Leopard – Have you thought of maybe getting a mother’s helper for a few hours a week? I used to do this for one of my mom’s friends when I was in high school. I would watch her kids while she was home so she could clean and do stuff for work (she was self employed). It is a sure way to ensure that they are being properly cared for (no one will screw up in front of you) and if your LO has a meltdown you would be right there to console her. Even if you just want to lie down for a couple hours or read a book – it is your time. Just a suggestion

Bhawkins - : I hope Georgia gets better soon. I’m so sorry – that is very scary.

RachelS – I’m so sorry about your sister. I remember being absolutely terrified every moment of my 1st trimester because I had so many female problems prior to being PG and was afraid I’d miscarry. Short of sending her a hug, I’m not really sure what would help. That just really stinks.

Dctexan – We have been doing the CDC vax regimen too because of daycare and the same with my DH. Don’t feel badly about it. Sometimes its just the way things are. As for poopy diapers, my DS never went a day without pooping either. When he was only on breastmilk I’d say we got 3-4 poopy diapers at a minimum per day. Now that he eats food too we get 2-3. Right now he has diarrhea due to antibiotics so we’re getting 4-5. My doc says as long as it is under 8 things are ok and as long as you’re getting wet diapers too. Hydration is the only thing to worry about with that. Also as far as making a baby eat – it can’t be done. Just follow your instincts and your babe’s lead. They know what they’re tummy needs

KurimiSophia – LOL on the boob juice – you’re so right!!

Jbirdbrain – Thanks for the info! I have that book, so I’m going to go check it out.

Sorry I’ve been away lately. I’m still sick and just haven’t had 5 minutes of peace. I’m guessing I’ve used nearly all of DS’ nap time to catch up which is not good. I have to make him some more fruit/veggies before he wakes up and is hungry for lunch! Its hard to do with him on a hip.

Anyway, it has been a bad couple days. Aside from being sick (and still friggin’ deaf in one ear) DH and I have been so volatile. The fighting is ridiculous. I keep venting to my mom about it, but she is the wrong person and I know it. Nothing like making the relationship with your parents’ worse, right? She always takes my side and I know that’s not good. It doesn’t help her relationship with DH. I miss Jess so much at times like these. I need her. No one else listened and gave advice like her. I’m so sad

Speaking of sad, I went to Jack’s on Sunday to drop some stuff off and see the boys for literally 2 seconds (DS and DH were waiting in the car – long story). He asked me to sew together some of Jess’ clothes so that he and the boys could sleep with them. My heart just broke and of course I agreed to do it. It has been one of the hardest things I’ve ever done. Her smell is everywhere in my house and on my clothes from handling her things. She smelled wonderful and making that first cut into one of her sweaters just made me feel horrible. I hope I do a good job. This is so hard and I just sat there and stared at/held her sweaters for such a long time before I started. I told her I was sorry she wasn’t here and that this was for “her men” so I asked for her strength and inspiration to make it wonderful.

Oh, sorry to be such a downer. I just don’t know how to get over this. I feel very alone and I really have lost my best friend in the whole world. I don’t think I truly realized how much I leaned on her until she got so sick and couldn’t “chat” anymore. My heart just aches. :

Jessica - I my guys!! DH Marty (4-22-06) DS Marty (7-2-07) DS Anderson (4-12-10)
Mighty-Mama
#143 of 604 Old 01-08-2008, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Forestrymom – Jack went back to work yesterday (Monday) and I haven’t heard yet how it was. I saw him the day before and not only was he sick as a dog, but he was really depressed about having to go back. I know they haven’t worked out a steady childcare plan yet – we still have friends/family taking days/shifts with the boys but one of Jessica’s cousins is considering moving to NJ to watch the boys permanently. I don’t know what he’s planning to do and I am careful about how much I pry because although I care deeply I don’t want him to feel like I’m intruding or pushing him. He said not one of his co-workers called him or even sent a card after Jess died so he was really angry/hurt about that which contributed to him not wanting to go back. How can people be so cruel?

Speaking of sad, I went to Jack’s on Sunday to drop some stuff off and see the boys for literally 2 seconds (DS and DH were waiting in the car – long story). He asked me to sew together some of Jess’ clothes so that he and the boys could sleep with them. My heart just broke and of course I agreed to do it. It has been one of the hardest things I’ve ever done. Her smell is everywhere in my house and on my clothes from handling her things. She smelled wonderful and making that first cut into one of her sweaters just made me feel horrible. I hope I do a good job. This is so hard and I just sat there and stared at/held her sweaters for such a long time before I started. I told her I was sorry she wasn’t here and that this was for “her men” so I asked for her strength and inspiration to make it wonderful.

Oh, sorry to be such a downer. I just don’t know how to get over this. I feel very alone and I really have lost my best friend in the whole world. I don’t think I truly realized how much I leaned on her until she got so sick and couldn’t “chat” anymore. My heart just aches. :
#144 of 604 Old 01-08-2008, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Sunshine’s Mama – Dare I ask how they drain your sinus? I’m seeing an ENT on the 17th (finally) and if that’s an option, I’m sure they’ll present it. Thanks for letting me know about your experience with this. I’ve been scared out of my mind that I might never hear again or something because no one I’ve talked to has ever heard of anything like this happening. I feel a little relieved now, so thanks so much. You are in my prayers always – you and your family. I hope things get better soon. :

Sophiekat – My hair pretty much stopped falling out (DS is 6 months), but now he’s ripping it out. He got a whole handful yesterday. I put my hair in a ponytail to try and keep it away from him, but he grabbed underneath by my neck and just yanked. At least you won’t be bald alone!

KatieJJ334 – Thank you for the article. That was my next source if no one on the board new the answer about that tattoo. I’m going to go talk to the artist on Friday. I’m not in a hurry, but am anxious to find someone who has the skill I’m looking for so I can work with them on a design.

Greenmagick – Sorry about all the sickness with the LO’s. It must be in the air because DS decided to wake up 4 times last night to nurse and I’m pretty sure it was just for comfort because at least twice as soon as he latched on and sucked a couple times he was asleep again until I tried to put him back to bed. We need some

Faliciagayle – It is going to be a challenge without DH, but you can do it! Look how much you have already accomplished on your own. Don’t underestimate yourself! Also, if you’re committed to co-sleeping then you should try to stick with it. Every baby has their periods of sleep striking so maybe Chaya is just going through a growth spurt or teeth. Sometimes its for no reason at all. Have some patience – you can do this!!

Plaid Leopard – Have you thought of maybe getting a mother’s helper for a few hours a week? I used to do this for one of my mom’s friends when I was in high school. I would watch her kids while she was home so she could clean and do stuff for work (she was self employed). It is a sure way to ensure that they are being properly cared for (no one will screw up in front of you) and if your LO has a meltdown you would be right there to console her. Even if you just want to lie down for a couple hours or read a book – it is your time. Just a suggestion

Bhawkins - : I hope Georgia gets better soon. I’m so sorry – that is very scary.

RachelS – I’m so sorry about your sister. I remember being absolutely terrified every moment of my 1st trimester because I had so many female problems prior to being PG and was afraid I’d miscarry. Short of sending her a hug, I’m not really sure what would help. That just really stinks.

Dctexan – We have been doing the CDC vax regimen too because of daycare and the same with my DH. Don’t feel badly about it. Sometimes its just the way things are. As for poopy diapers, my DS never went a day without pooping either. When he was only on breastmilk I’d say we got 3-4 poopy diapers at a minimum per day. Now that he eats food too we get 2-3. Right now he has diarrhea due to antibiotics so we’re getting 4-5. My doc says as long as it is under 8 things are ok and as long as you’re getting wet diapers too. Hydration is the only thing to worry about with that. Also as far as making a baby eat – it can’t be done. Just follow your instincts and your babe’s lead. They know what they’re tummy needs

KurimiSophia – LOL on the boob juice – you’re so right!!

Jbirdbrain – Thanks for the info! I have that book, so I’m going to go check it out.

Sorry I’ve been away lately. I’m still sick and just haven’t had 5 minutes of peace. I’m guessing I’ve used nearly all of DS’ nap time to catch up which is not good. I have to make him some more fruit/veggies before he wakes up and is hungry for lunch! Its hard to do with him on a hip.

Anyway, it has been a bad couple days. Aside from being sick (and still friggin’ deaf in one ear) DH and I have been so volatile. The fighting is ridiculous. I keep venting to my mom about it, but she is the wrong person and I know it. Nothing like making the relationship with your parents’ worse, right? She always takes my side and I know that’s not good. It doesn’t help her relationship with DH. I miss Jess so much at times like these. I need her. No one else listened and gave advice like her. I’m so sad

ribbonyellow.gif Army wife ribbonyellow.gif - Mama to Liam waterbirth.jpg (9/07), Laine uc.jpg (5/09), and Eliza h20homebirth.gif (7/11)

#145 of 604 Old 01-08-2008, 02:07 PM

mrsb422, I read your post and I just didn't know what to say. I am having a rough day here yet it pales next to what Jack, you, and others are going through. I think forestrymom got it right, ,

#146 of 604 Old 01-08-2008, 02:11 PM

How can the people he works with not say or do anything at all? It is mind boggling.

I hope you have the strength to make the quilt for her men.

As to sinus infections, they can be wicked. In the past my face has gone numb and my hearing is most definitely affected, but not permanently. Since discovering the neti pot I have not had many problems. I hope you are feeling better soon. People might have more ideas in health and healing.

#147 of 604 Old 01-08-2008, 02:43 PM

Quote:

SAHM and loving it with DH, DS (8/4/2007) and DS (10/10/2010)
#148 of 604 Old 01-08-2008, 02:55 PM

Mrsb422- Hugs to you. I'm sure you'll do an awesome job sewing those clothes together. What a tough thing, though. Good luck with the tattoo- here's the link to the Dr. Sears answer: http://www.askdrsears.com/faq/bf11.asp

Things are going better with us and daycare. Its now our second week and Otto seems to be doing better. He's still not eating much during the day (about 2 oz. in the morning, I nurse him at lunch, and then 2-3 oz. in the afternoon) but he is sleeping there a little better.

At home, he is different, though. He falls asleep around 6 or 7 and then is up every 1-2 hours during the night. This is wearing his mama out! He just wants to nurse and reconnect, but I'm not one of those mamas who can fall asleep with him attached. I want to be there for him during this tough time of adjustment but the lack of sleep is totally affecting me at work the next day...any pointers?? Hopefully he'll settle down a bit when he's used to everything...but all this just makes me wish so much that I could be a SAHM.

#149 of 604 Old 01-08-2008, 02:58 PM

Quote:
I hope I do a good job. This is so hard and I just sat there and stared at/held her sweaters for such a long time before I started. I told her I was sorry she wasn’t here and that this was for “her men” so I asked for her strength and inspiration to make it wonderful.

What a gift for them!!! It must be so hard doing that but it will be a great comfort to them. I wish I had the words to make it even a bit better for you. We are here and listening. You are certainly not a downer. Your pain is real and I wish I could ease it a bit. I can't believe no one from his work called or sent a card. That is just rude. I would be bitter too. I hope he gets some sort of permanent child care set up soon as that would ease the pressure for him slightly.

Be gentle with yourself! You are going through so much right now. I hope you get your hearing back quickly. I have heard of temporary hearing loss with ear/sinus infections many times. I do think you will get it back as soon as the infection is cleared.
Wendi
#150 of 604 Old 01-08-2008, 03:00 PM

Oh yeah and I just recently got a tattoo, did the research and felt it was safe while nursing. The artist knew and was fine with me nursing, in fact I nursed in the studio before he started.
I second the neti pot. It stopped my chronic sinus infections.

to all of you that are struggling. Dahlia is sick. I have to go tend to her.
Wendi

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page