September 07 Mommas-- Happy New Year, It's Jan.! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 604 Old 01-01-2008, 03:59 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
And here it is, 2:01 in the AM EST at my SIL's house. Kids are asleep, my daughter is out (Finally) and I'm wired and tired. Now if the gunshots would stop, my night would be complete.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 604 Old 01-01-2008, 08:34 AM

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

back home, trying to catch up on the dec thread.
more later.
#3 of 604 Old 01-01-2008, 10:23 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Never knew this thread existed..My girl was born September 5th..Look forward to chatting with everyone..
#4 of 604 Old 01-01-2008, 10:38 AM

Happy New Year!! Blessing to all for a happy and healthy New Year.

Michelle Mama to Lucy 9/07
"Seek the wisdom of the ages but, look at the world through the eyes of a child" Ron Wild
#5 of 604 Old 01-01-2008, 10:50 AM

Happy New Year all! I hope this year is wonderful for all of you! (Is it seriously January already???)

Mylie -

ribbonyellow.gif Army wife ribbonyellow.gif - Mama to Liam waterbirth.jpg (9/07), Laine uc.jpg (5/09), and Eliza h20homebirth.gif (7/11)

#6 of 604 Old 01-01-2008, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mylie View Post
Never knew this thread existed..My girl was born September 5th..Look forward to chatting with everyone..
Welcome!

I am so excited, i have never gotten in on the threads before they are at least 15 pages long! (Oh, I miss the DDC, having a whole forum to ourselves!)

Just when I was lamenting it would never ever happen, Abby spent all day yesterday wearing regular panties and using the big toilet! I would not be more proud if she was graduating college!

G loves her feet and can almost get her toes to her mouth. She rolls so much that I can't trust her anywhere. I have found her under my rocking chair, up against the couch, face down in a blanket, and last night she rolled out of her bath seat onto the bathroom floor while I was helping Abby on the toilet. Nothing like that cry to make you feel like dirt.

G will play in the exersaucer for a few minutes at a time, which makes me feel so not AP, but especially with hubby gone, it is one place that I feel reasonably sure that she is safe if she has to be out of sight.

I imagine sitting won't be too far in the future, G is trying to pull up from a reclined position in her car seat and bouncy seat, so I think she is getting ready.

Solids: I had a dream last night that I was eating applesauce and G stuck her hand in and ate some (like Katie's story of Liam and the Jelly.) Even in my dream I couldn't figure out if I should freak out or just let it go. We are planning on waiting until she is grabbing it and self-feeding. Or when she is in college, you know, just to keep the stink poo away.
#7 of 604 Old 01-01-2008, 02:05 PM

Uggh, I am a bit ditzy right now; I was wondering why no one had posted in the other thread. Happy new year! So it appears that my body took a day off from being sick and now its back (fortunately its not as strong today). Oh well. Gotta go get the girl. She's so lazy, sleeping in until noon.
#8 of 604 Old 01-01-2008, 02:05 PM

Oops! We have two threads going!

I am also sneaking in early to try to not get overwhelmed and lost. I think I missed most of December.
#9 of 604 Old 01-01-2008, 02:13 PM

Quote:
G will play in the exersaucer for a few minutes at a time, which makes me feel so not AP, but especially with hubby gone, it is one place that I feel reasonably sure that she is safe if she has to be out of sight.
Sean loves his exersaucer. I know it's not very AP, but he loves it and it gives me a few minutes at a time to do a quick load of laundry or empty the dishwasher.

Quote:
G loves her feet and can almost get her toes to her mouth. She rolls so much that I can't trust her anywhere. I have found her under my rocking chair, up against the couch, face down in a blanket, and last night she rolled out of her bath seat onto the bathroom floor while I was helping Abby on the toilet. Nothing like that cry to make you feel like dirt.
Wow, you've got a real mover on your hands!

DS:15 DD:12 DS:7 DS:5
Surrogate baby born: 9/17/12
Surrogate baby due: 12/14/14
#10 of 604 Old 01-01-2008, 02:15 PM

Welcome, Mylie!!!

#11 of 604 Old 01-01-2008, 03:45 PM

Welcome Mylie!

It's a new year and I can't believe it. Time is just melting away. My baby is 16 years old now. Dahlia will be 4 months on the 6th. All my kids have been sick over the past couple weeks. Eavan had a 104 fever two nights ago but with the powers of breastmilk seems pretty much fine today. Dahlia barely got it. The two older kids (no breastmilk) were sick for 10 days. Dh goes back to work tomorrow after a long vacation. It has been so nice but I am looking forward to a more normal routine.

I might have to bust out our Exersaucer soon as Dahlia absolutely loves being upright and looking around at everything. Eavan also loves the thing so would probably entertain her while she was in it. Which would be the double bonus to have them both occupied for a few minutes. Might have to make some room for it. AP or not I will take a minute where I can get it, if everyone is happy.

I am looking forward to many good things happening in 2008. Wishing you all the best year!
Wendi
#12 of 604 Old 01-01-2008, 03:54 PM

welcome, mylie! my dd was born the 5th too!

dh just brought our exersaucer out of storage a few days ago. jamison really seems to like it. i really think ap is about meeting *everyone's* needs. it's a lot easier for me to make food for the big kids when jamison is happily playing in the exersaucer. if she's in it screaming while i watch the soaps and eat bonbons and ignore her, that's not ok, but if she's happy in it and it enables me to do what i need to do, then it's totally ok, imo. and you're right, lactivist, it entertains the bigger kids too!

jamison's new trick is to push the buttons when i'm trying to type. i'm on a laptop, so she's always moving the cursor around when she touches the "mouse". she also right clicks a lot.

happy new year everyone!

Mama to three  
#13 of 604 Old 01-01-2008, 04:07 PM

Quote:
if she's in it screaming while i watch the soaps and eat bonbons and ignore her, that's not ok
I totally agree!

#14 of 604 Old 01-01-2008, 04:21 PM

Ah, I came on to say happy new year and there are already 12 posts....I am like way way way too many pages behind on december.......

I hope I can keep up with January...I miss chatting with everyone. It was so much easier with threads in our ddc instead of one big long one.....

Lilah is doing well...I haven't weighed her in a bit but she's growing and just looks soo big. I finally put away most of the 0-3 sleepers as she's too long in the leg for them but the rest of the 0-3 still fits. I'm happy she was tiny in the beginning.....let's me "keep" her little longer. She almost has her first tooth popped through..I can really feel it now when I rub her gums....the one next to it isn't that far behind. I wish time moved slower.....She isn't rolling yet (thank god) but is almost there....STANDING on my lap or on the floor with me holding her hands is her FAVORITE thing to do right now....it gets smiles and giggles galore!

Her big sister *may* be starting preschool down the street end of the month but we will see where money lies. It's been a big back and forth with me but she really needs to be around other little kids and such.....she's just not here. The neighborhood kids are all just enough older than she is to not make it ok for her to go and play with them.....She loves her sister so much and is a great helper.....She asked to nurse the other day (wasn't feeling good) and I said OK and so she nursed for a grand total of 30 seconds and told me she felt better....Silly girl. I think she just wanted to see if it would be ok. I'm surprised she didn't ask earlier....

Well, that's all I have time for now.....Lilah is sleeping and her sister wants to finger paint.....so off I go....

I hope to be a better poster............

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
#15 of 604 Old 01-01-2008, 04:33 PM

Sunshinemama how is your mom doing? I asked in the other thread but see you won't be catching up there. I hope all is well. Sending lots of love.
Wendi
#16 of 604 Old 01-01-2008, 04:57 PM

ugh, can't catch up, so I'll just jump right in.

Welcome Mylie!

Yann has 2 teeth coming in! He's a super drooly monster and has been a bit fussy. He had a fever yesterday and has "funny" poops. I thought he was getting sick because my other 3 were sick with fever, headache, upset stomach, but nope - just teeth (too soon!).

He managed to roll from back to front a week ago, but hasn't done it since.

I weighed myself at the ILs over the holidays and discovered much to my dismay that I still have almost 20 pounds to lose before I am back to my pre-pregnancy weight. And of course all the yummy pastries I ate while in France didn't help matters! I weighed Yann in my arms and he is around 16 pounds now.

I'm kind of wishing we had a swing or something for Yann. He doesn't care to be in the bouncy seat anymore, and doesn't always want to be in the wrap. A couple of weeks ago I hung his wrap up like a hammock on the bottom of my other ds's bunkbed - we had taken the mattress and the slats off of the bottom part of the bed. He liked it, but the problem is that the bed is in the kid's room, all the way upstairs, and it's not like I can hang out in there all day.

I don't plan to start solids until at least 6 months. Yann likes to watch me eat and makes chewing motions with his mouth which is really cute. My other three tasted foods starting around 6 months but didn't really eat meals until well after 12 months.

My 9yo is an attachment brother par excellence. He picks up Yann and brings him to me as soon as he starts fussing, or tells me to go pick him up - even if I am sitting on the toilet. He says he doesn't like to hear him cry. I don't either of course, but I keep trying to explain to ds that sometimes I have to finish something before I can get the baby. He also said that if I ever have another baby that he would like for me to have a waterbirth.

I'm going to try and check out all the pics on the other thread...:
#17 of 604 Old 01-01-2008, 05:14 PM

Happy New Year's Mamas!

Welcome Mylie. Join right in!

I cannot, repeat, cannot believe we are entering a new year. Time is flying! Georgia is growing like a weed. I weighed her last night on a digital scale in my arms and she weighed 18.5 lbs. Quite the porker she is. She got all new 9mths clothes for Christmas and I was worried about them looking big. Silly me, most of them fit right now.

Like so many of you mentioned, I was thinking it was about time for the exersaucer too. Georgia has got great head control now. I've even been wearing her in the hip carry in the hotsling. She really seems to like it.

She's been super drooly lately and wants to chew/suck on her hands all the time. Last night she sucked a hickey on her arm! I guess she's working on some teeth.

I really enjoyed all the baby pics on the Dec thread. Gotta get some pics of my own up sometime soon. I'll add that to my to do list (which is looking pretty long).
#18 of 604 Old 01-01-2008, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Lilah is doing well...I haven't weighed her in a bit but she's growing and just looks soo big. I finally put away most of the 0-3 sleepers
Awww, she's still so tiny! Sean is in 3-6 months right now, but it won't be long before we pull out the 6-9 month stuff.

#19 of 604 Old 01-01-2008, 05:27 PM

Quote:
I weighed her last night on a digital scale in my arms and she weighed 18.5 lbs. Quite the porker she is
Isn't it amazing how fast they are growing?!

I'm not sure what Sean weighs - I'm thinking around 16-17 lbs. We go to the ped on Monday for his 4 month check up. We originally agreed that he'd get his first vaccination at 4 months (start with the DTaP) but now that we're rapidly approaching the appointment, I'm starting to feel less and less confident. I'm not sure what I'll decide to do. But if I do agree to let him have the shot, I told DH that is going to come with me. His response is "why do we both have be traumatized?" But I said if I have to be there, then he does too.

#20 of 604 Old 01-01-2008, 05:50 PM

I hope everybody can keep up this month, I miss seeing all of us posting like the DDC

Last night I was playing with Liam and he was standing on my lap pulling my face towards his and trying to gnaw on me. The noises he was making were priceless, like a hungry bear or something. He did bite my chin REALLY hard though.

Brilliantmama - I'm really glad we're not to that stage of rolling yet. All of our floors are wood and too slippery for him thankfully. When Liam ate the jelly, orange marmalade to be exact,, I just kind of looked at him with bewilderment and called to Andrew. I think we expected him to spontaneously combust or something

ribbonyellow.gif Army wife ribbonyellow.gif - Mama to Liam waterbirth.jpg (9/07), Laine uc.jpg (5/09), and Eliza h20homebirth.gif (7/11)

#21 of 604 Old 01-01-2008, 07:39 PM

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

What are your resolutions?

gd.gif winner.jpgteapot2.GIF placenta.gif caffix.gif

Young mama, student midwife, student herbalist, doula, massage therapist.

Aspiring homesteader & beekeeper.

#22 of 604 Old 01-01-2008, 10:03 PM

Hi everyone...just stopping by quickly to say happy new year! I am looking forward to a fresh start and hoping '08 goes better than '07 did. I don't have long since DS is on my lap and pounding the keys every chance he gets.

I hope everyone had a good and safe celebration. We stayed in with a couple friends. I was supposed to spend the night with Mighty-Mama so I was more than a little blue to say the least. DS has an ear infection/upper respiratory infection and the ped put him on antibiotics which I am not happy about I have excruciating pain in my left ear so I am wondering if I am headed in the same direction. Have to go to the insurance webpage tomorrow to find a GP - I never go to the doc except for specialty stuff.

Have a good night everyone...see you tomorrow!

Jessica - I my guys!! DH Marty (4-22-06) DS Marty (7-2-07) DS Anderson (4-12-10)
Mighty-Mama
#23 of 604 Old 01-01-2008, 10:23 PM

Resolution - To lose 25 more pounds, 38 down already! I'll probably think of more later...

#24 of 604 Old 01-01-2008, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsb422 View Post
Hi everyone...just stopping by quickly to say happy new year! I am looking forward to a fresh start and hoping '08 goes better than '07 did. I don't have long since DS is on my lap and pounding the keys every chance he gets.

I hope everyone had a good and safe celebration. We stayed in with a couple friends. I was supposed to spend the night with Mighty-Mama so I was more than a little blue to say the least. DS has an ear infection/upper respiratory infection and the ped put him on antibiotics which I am not happy about I have excruciating pain in my left ear so I am wondering if I am headed in the same direction. Have to go to the insurance webpage tomorrow to find a GP - I never go to the doc except for specialty stuff.

Have a good night everyone...see you tomorrow!
I'm sorry to here you and DS aren't feeling well, I hope you both get better soon.

#25 of 604 Old 01-01-2008, 10:57 PM

Katie: Lilah pulls my face too and tries to knaw on my nose....I turn my face and she tries to eat my cheeks...like giant wet kisses...she giggles while doing it and I looooove it.

Mom update: She was taken out of the coma for a few days but had a mini stroke 2 weeks ago.....so she is back in it right now. She showed some promising signs so......I am more optimistic.....it's just been very draining...I need to do some more reading on strokes. Have been meaning to but time is just melting away...dayintoday.

Here are some pics...
3wks ago...kickin her legs on the sofa..
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...l/IMG_2699.jpg
3wks ago after her first shot (dtap)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...l/IMG_2806.jpg
super smiley 2wks ago on the way to see Grandma http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...l/IMG_2609.jpg
yesterday sleeping on her super soft blanket (0-3 outfit...)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...l/IMG_2901.jpg
with big sis Christmas day in the nightgowns I made em
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...l/IMG_2999.jpg
with big sis at 2mos...napping
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...l/IMG_2031.jpg

Ok, someone is up and me thinks she's HUNGRY.....
#26 of 604 Old 01-02-2008, 12:35 AM

My resolution is to be happy. I would also love to lose the 50 pounds I need to lose or a big chunk of it. I weighed Dahlia today and she is up to 12lbs 13oz. She seems huge to me but apparently is a peanut compared to some of your babies. My boys were both 17lbs at 4 months so she is tiny compared to them too.

Sunshinemama I am keeping your mom in my thoughts. The pix of the girls sleeping together is just darling. Plaid nice to see you back. Mrsb422 so sorry to hear you are both sick. I bet it was really hard last night without Jessica. I thought about her and Jack and the boys so much last night.

Wendi
#27 of 604 Old 01-02-2008, 12:47 AM

Hey mamas! I have been lurking, but unable to post much. Sick kids, high needs toddler, the blues, yada, yada, yada. Sunshine's mama--that pic of your two kids sleeping is A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E! I just took one today of my lo's sleeping side by side, but its not nearly as cute as that! All the pics are adorable, and while I view them all, I can't comment on them all as I just don't have the time to myself.

I can't believe we are talking about solids already! They can't be that old. We will do delayed/child-led solids with ds, like we did with dd. It worked great and she eats everything (despite her very petite little body). Waylon's first food will be avocado. It was so fun to see my neice, who just turned 6 months, playing with avocado/eating it this Christmas. I'm pretty sure she ate some of it .

I've been thinking about an exersaucer--but haven't gotten one yet. I am hesitant, because dh has a tendency to overuse "toys" of that sort. I got rid of the swing just so he woudln't use it to babysit. But, he won't let me put him down to nap, so dd isn't getting much time just the two of us, and while he loves to play on the floor, he really loves to be upright/bouncing, so it might give dd and I a little extra time together.

We are gonna have to switch our diapering system. I used primarly pockets with dd, but ds is leaking out of all of those...I bought a wool cover and have been using prefolds successfully--so I am gonna sell of my pocket stash to afford wool. Its fun getting new fluff! I would love some longies if anyone knows of mamas who are knitting those.

Warm thoughts to all of you for the new year!
#28 of 604 Old 01-02-2008, 10:15 AM

Sunshine's mama - beautiful pictures!
I hope your mother gets better soon.

Resolutions - eat healthier foods, get more exercise, count my blessings every day, control my temper, write more letters...

forestrymom - I am waiting to receive some crochet longies from another MDC mama. I did a trade with her. I could ask her if she would be interested in doing more for you if you want.

mrsb422 - I had a package sent with a little stuffed monkey for Noah and a bear blanket for Gavin and I don't know if they received it. I feel weird asking, but since you get to see Jack and the boys maybe you will know if they have it?
#29 of 604 Old 01-02-2008, 12:04 PM

Sheesh! Trying to keep up, but failing miserably.

Resolutions- Lose 10 or more lbs. Be happy. No more wasting precious energy on unnecessary things (ie arguing with DP). etc...

Sunshine's Mama Her monkey outfit is awesome! She is such a beautiful girl. And the pic of your daughters sleeping is so precious. Thank you for sharing!

I have a WIC appointment this morning. I've been really enjoying busy days lately...although I will ALWAYS love lazy days.. I miss sleeping in til noon.

gd.gif winner.jpgteapot2.GIF placenta.gif caffix.gif

Young mama, student midwife, student herbalist, doula, massage therapist.

Aspiring homesteader & beekeeper.

#30 of 604 Old 01-02-2008, 12:20 PM

subbing...

more later.

Jodi -full time working wife to a SAH Papa; mama to my boys Breck (12/04), David (09/07), and Elliot (01/10); always remembering our loss, Jordyn Justine (09/06)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page