*October 2007 Mamas* January thread Happy New Year! - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#121 of 136 Old 01-28-2008, 02:27 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrflowers View Post
Blu, I hear you on the hunger! Are you eating avocadoes? I am dairy/soy/peanut/egg/gluten-free right now for Ruby, and I'm starving. I swear I can feel my muscles eating themselves. My new pants keep falling down. Potatoes cooked in oil help, a little.
I'm sorry you're so hungry...
yep. i am eating oodles of fat and an enormous quantity of caories. my lo is still reacting to something, a little, so i am going to try nut free for a little bit, i do eat a lot of wheat products and nuts. i feel like eating is a full time job around here....
#122 of 136 Old 01-28-2008, 02:29 PM

my lil guy had his post-op from the surgery today. everything looks GREAT thank God. his scar is teensy and pretty, much prettier then my big, lumpy, crooked, itchy red scar from my c section 2 + yrs ago! i have scar envy, lol.
#123 of 136 Old 01-28-2008, 02:50 PM

Erin is sleeping from 7pm to 4-6am and wow, it is great. we never encouraged it but she has been moving towards it. naps have been harder so we tried sleeping in our bedroom in the dark and she is sleeping great. i miss having her next to me but it is better than having a cranky baby.

she is getting 4-5 teeth. it is a very slow process. you can see white on 4, two top and two bottom. crazy

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

#124 of 136 Old 01-29-2008, 08:31 AM

is anyone elses hair falling out? mine has been shedding in clumps for weeks.
#125 of 136 Old 01-29-2008, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendon View Post
Erin is sleeping from 7pm to 4-6am and wow, it is great. we never encouraged it but she has been moving towards it. naps have been harder so we tried sleeping in our bedroom in the dark and she is sleeping great. i miss having her next to me but it is better than having a cranky baby.

she is getting 4-5 teeth. it is a very slow process. you can see white on 4, two top and two bottom. crazy

on the sleeping, enjoy it while it lasts!
WOW on the teeth, is she doing ok mood wise with thar?
#126 of 136 Old 01-29-2008, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bygones75 View Post
That made me cry and cry. I can't even imagine the heartbreak.
i didn't even read it bc it sounds so upsetting.
#127 of 136 Old 01-29-2008, 10:48 AM

Blucatus- some days are better than others. she is pretty happy, but she will get this cry, eyes open, scream...breaks your heart.
- I am so glad your Lo is doing well after his surgery. I also couldn't read the article... I just can't handle alot of sad news these days.

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

#128 of 136 Old 01-29-2008, 04:24 PM

yea, I seem to be just throwing the sad news at myself.
I was at a retail store with my baby and almost 4 yr old when a 25-28lb box fell on my head. I had to get a lawyer. its so frustrating!
#129 of 136 Old 01-30-2008, 03:07 PM

this age is so funny and cute! She talks and talks and talks and smiles and bubbles until you look over at her to tell her stuff. Then she shouts when i look away or walk across the room. She is also pinching away which is not so fun. She seems to be slightly curious about eating but no more than anything else. Noticed the cats for the first time.
What is your lo doing?
#130 of 136 Old 01-30-2008, 04:18 PM

dmitri did his first big belly laugh for his grandma last sunday. he won't do it for me i'm not funny enough. he has been laughing for a long time and does big belly laughes in his sleep but no matter what i do i never get more than a chuckle. i do get more smiles than anyone else and he stares at me with a look like wow thats my mama i love her so i guessi can live with no big belly laughs. he is tryinghard to roll and trying hard to move in general. he does what i call the backstroke crawl and can get pretty far that way.i am worried about him rolling soon. he has been rolling belly to back since he was 6 weeks old and now that he keeps trying to roll back to belly and can almost do it ... i think we need to do some baby proofing so he will have a safe place to roll around.he has times where he becomes a velcro baby and not even his daddy can hold him it has to be me and all me all the time. that can be kinda hard especialy when i want to eat or when i need to go to the bathroom. he is also saying a lot and we have long conversations i don't know what we are talking about though. he is sleeping less and we have been doing ec and it is making it so we now get less sleep since he kickes me hard until i hold him over the potty at night. only for poos and i am glad he is going int he potty but he doesn't always go back to sleep and that is hard on me. as far as ec goes some days we catch almost everything and many days we miss almmost everything and most days we catch about 50 we catch more poo than pee but we catch plenty of pee. being a mom is awesome and everyone who see's me comments on how happy and confident i seem which is nice.

mama to two amazing children son 10/27/07 and daughter 07/07/11

#131 of 136 Old 01-30-2008, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blucactus View Post
is anyone elses hair falling out? mine has been shedding in clumps for weeks.
me! since about week 10 so it has been 6 weeks now.

my hair is everywhere on the ground. when I wash my hair my hand is covered in hair that it looks like i have two furry animals instead of hands, after i dry my hair and brush it more hair comes out.

i went through the same thing after DS and i know that it will stop soon enough but i can't wait for it to slow down.

every day i hear my 2.5yr DS exclaim "Mama's hair!" every time he finds a strand of hair in his bath or the floor
#132 of 136 Old 01-30-2008, 08:16 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherubess View Post
me! since about week 10 so it has been 6 weeks now.

my hair is everywhere on the ground. when I wash my hair my hand is covered in hair that it looks like i have two furry animals instead of hands, after i dry my hair and brush it more hair comes out.

i went through the same thing after DS and i know that it will stop soon enough but i can't wait for it to slow down.

every day i hear my 2.5yr DS exclaim "Mama's hair!" every time he finds a strand of hair in his bath or the floor
This is me, too! All over the pillow, in my hands after every step of washing/brushing, the baby wakes up with it in his hands... And it's very obviously getting thinner and thinner. The really rotten part for me is I never retained hair during pregnancy (which is theoretically why one loses it). I lost hair even then, and now it's even more... I hope it will stop and maybe, just maybe regrow... without turning totally gray! :

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

#133 of 136 Old 01-31-2008, 04:26 AM

I'm losing a lot of hair too (not weight though )...my midwives suggested kelp to help (hey that rhymes!) with the hair loss.

I think my lo finally is starting to want to roll. She is so funny right now, she talks a lot and is very, very opinionated...we are in for it when she gets words to go along with that talking because my DS is the same way.

DP gets the ol snip in a couple of weeks. When he went in for his pre-surg appointment, they found blood in his urine and again in the repeat urinalysis. Now he has to get a cat scan and a penis scope (I can't remember the meducal term for that, sorry) to rule out bladder cancer. He is a runner though and the Dr. said that sometimes running causes blood in the urine, so I'm trying to just relax about it. He runs a lot, despite having a 3 mo old and a toddler.
#134 of 136 Old 01-31-2008, 05:19 PM

waving back. thanks for the welcome.

how can i fatten my milk up. DD is #3 and shes' TINY! She was doing great as far as her weigh gain goes but she only gained ONE oz from her 1-2 month WBV. All my girls have been EBF and it's so discouragine to see our 3rd gain so slowly while the other 2 were well over 11 lbs by 2 months.

ETA: what is kelp? The hairloss is nasty here. YUCK, gotta love PP stuff. Wildgarden, I hope it's nothing w/your DH. Scary
#135 of 136 Old 01-31-2008, 08:47 PM

Hi Everyone!

Would you believe I've been reading life with babes, and the other MDC topics....and JUST NOTICED this Oct thread???

I have a 2 1/2 year old girl and my DS is just about 4 months....

So I'd like to join you guys!

Fun things....laughing, smiling alot...making cute sounds...rolls on side. Can entertain self for 15-20 minutes...YEAH!!!! Unlike my DD....

We did hate the car too...bu it's getting better....as long as he's fed and napped. He never really goes to sleep in the car and if he does...will wake up as soon as we stop.

As far as my hair....yes!!! Falling out....I finally got my hair cut yesterday and feel more human.

More later....baby calls!!!
#136 of 136 Old 02-02-2008, 08:38 AM

I've started a new thread for February. Click here to follow me

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page