In our 30s with our first babe - it's a new year! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 675 Old 01-03-2008, 10:57 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Happy New Year everyone! As usual, I've been lurking but unable to respond, so here's my attempt to catch up while DD sleeps.

CJ thanks for starting the thread. I hope you're feeling better too.

Emily glad to hear Benjamin did well on the flights, but sorry his schedule is all messed up. I too am insanely jealous of moms with cuddly calm babies. I still fear going out in public w/ DD because she's rarely quiet for extended periods.

Rachel congrats on making the decision to move and giving notice at your job! I love quitting jobs too, there's something so cleansing about it. That's not quite the right word but I'm sure you know what I mean. Sorry your DS is having a hard time feeding again. It's so frustrating when they won't eat and scary when they lose weight. Nutramigen isn't the best tasting stuff in the world but I guess he'd eat it if he was really hungry, maybe? My DD took right to it.

PiePie congrats on getting the mortgage! I'm sure a great job will come through for you - I'm impressed that you've been sending out resumes and going on interviews already. I am utterly useless to the real world right now. Oh the clothes thing is awful. I went shopping yesterday and was horrified by what I saw. I thought I was doing pretty well & looked pretty good but I was wrong wrong wrong. I've lost all but 5 lbs of the preg weight but I have this huge poochy tummy and fat thighs. Like others, my mat clothes are falling off but my regular stuff is waaaay too tight. It doesn't help that I weighed more than ever when I got pregnant, so I was already growing out of my fat clothes. The thrift store is a good idea but when will I have time to shop again? I might just hang out in my mat clothes a while longer.

Elizabeth I'm glad leaving for your first day back at work wasn't as bad as you thought it would be.

Maxzen! Congrats on your decision to be a SAHM.

I love all the baby pics!

Not much up here. NYE was good b/c DD let me nap for 3-4 hours in the evening. She slept through fireworks! I continue to torture DD and myself by feeding her breastmilk even though she was starting to improve on formula. The cool thing is that she was feeling well enough (and old enough) to actually interact with us. She's finally smiling and cooing and mirroring our facial expressions, so that's been really rewarding.

How and when did you all start a schedule for your LOs? I know Mathilde needs more structure. She does better when I schedule her feedings. I feed her on demand too, but scheduling prevents an empty tummy, which is bad for refluxers. Anyway, there is no sleep schedule yet and I think it would help all of us to have one. Starting next week I'll probably work 11AM-4PM and DH works 5PM-12AM. The plan was for DH to feed her at 2AM so I can get almost 8 hours of sleep but he has an awful time getting her to sleep and ends up staying up til 4AM trying to do it, then sleeps late to make up for it. That won't work when I actually have to get out of the house at a certain time.

Dee, mommy to Miss M 11/07 and little Miss I 5/10/10!
#62 of 675 Old 01-03-2008, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nylecoj View Post
If you want to do this, I totally will. Just let me know what you need in the way of doctor's info or whatever to prove I am not disease riddled. Do I need to stop eating dairy or anything?
You are awesome - and my new favorite person. That is honestly the nicest offer I think I've ever had, especially the offer to eliminate stuff for her!!! Wow - if we figure out what exactly she's reacting to... Ugh. Thank you.
#63 of 675 Old 01-03-2008, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nylecoj View Post

Many of you have been lamenting your new post-partum figures, and I just wanted to address that quickly. I felt horrible about my body after having a baby ... floppy tummy, chubby arms, etc. I still have not returned to my pre-pregnancy size, and I'm not sure I ever will, although I would really like to fit into all those cute clothes! Anyway, it's been a year and I suppose I am carrying a little more weight around the middle than a non-mom, but I certainly don't think most people would be able to tell it's baby weight as opposed to regular chub.
Just got to this part - I was so touched by your offer I didn't read the whole thing!

Anyway - you do NOT look chub! At all.
#64 of 675 Old 01-03-2008, 11:05 PM

Lane & Emily it's good to see you posting again. Lane sorry about your grandma & thatyou have to make the trip to the funeral/visitation, but at least you're not traveling twice.

Has anyone heard from Natalia lately?

Oh and I'm so excited - Kripa and SarahJen will be joining us soon!

Is anyone interested in buying some boob-friendly bottles? I'll post them on the TP if you are. I love the Breastflow bottles but they're a PITA to use full time. I also have Avent Tempo (4 & 8 oz) and Dr. Brown's that I don't use.

Dee, mommy to Miss M 11/07 and little Miss I 5/10/10!
#65 of 675 Old 01-03-2008, 11:17 PM

Lane - I'm so sorry about your grandma. I know what you mean about already having said goodbye, though. It was that way with my grandpa...

Rachel - I can't believe they don't provide a pumping space. I was really worried someone would walk in on me, but at least it was MY office... I'm glad you're leaving.

Pie - The diaper bag thing cracked me up - I put DD's in her room so I wouldn't accidently grab it on my way this morning. I hear you on the friends thing, too. They don't get it at all... I feel more attached to you guys than most of them now. Wish we could all actually get together as a group, but at least we have this!

I'm burned out on bad TV too - guess it's good to go back. I've seen all of the Real Housewives episodes more than once...

No schedule for DD - more a routine that suits her. It involves VERY regular naps and trying to get to bed before 10:00. Last night not so much since she got really gassy at bedtime. I hate that.

I made it until 2:00 at work - my boss teased me, but was fine.

Oh, finally asked the godmother and father if they would do it and they agreed! Godfather is Oscar's best friend and is who I hope DD would go to if something happened to us (nice family, daughter about one year older than DD, stay at home mom, loving, financially secure, want more kids). The only issue is that they live in Washington, so far from my parents. Godmother is my friend and would be next in line. I'm relieved - now we just need to get our will done!
#66 of 675 Old 01-04-2008, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veganone View Post
I'm burned out on bad TV too - guess it's good to go back. I've seen all of the Real Housewives episodes more than once...
Glad I'm not the only person watching this. I usually sit there like this:

over those women.
#67 of 675 Old 01-04-2008, 01:29 AM

Elizabeth... good for you for making a godparent decision. Paul and I are still talking it over... what would happen to Ollie if something happened to us? We need to do a will too. Not fun to think about. Glad you made it through your first day back!

I watched about 5 minutes of that Housewives show and had to walk away. That said, I am, in spite of myself, watching Crowned. :

Lane,
#68 of 675 Old 01-04-2008, 12:31 PM
acp

Yeah, we need to sit down and figure out will/living will/guardianship decisions too - I keep putting it off because it's so depressing, but I know it's the responsible thing to do. My guess is that if something would happen to us we'd have my parents look after Willa, but it's something we should talk about and formally decide.
Does anyone else watch Project Runway? It's the only reality show that's ever pulled me in, so I'm glad it's on now, when all the other TV shows are disappearing due to the strike. We also just subscribed to HBO, despite the ridiculous expense, so that I can get my Wire fix. It's the last season, and I'm still convinced it's the best written TV show ever. After that, I suppose it's back to Netflix for any entertainment. Especially since the evenings this winter are starting to look long and lonely. Now that Willa's going to bed around 7, I had been enjoying my adult time with DH, but he's an actor, and he's currently in a play that's about to start. Rehearsals (and soon, performances) are in the evenings. We still have about two evenings a week together, but generally it's just me and Willa, and then just me. I'd ask friends to come visit, but they mostly have kids too *sigh*. Guess it's time to break into my big stack of books and make a dent in my Netflix queue.
#69 of 675 Old 01-04-2008, 12:45 PM

Thanks guys; I'm okay. Looking forward to seeing my brother later today!

Dee, how awesome that Mathilde interacts now! Seriously, that changed everything. So much easier to wake up when I don't want to when greeted by a chubby smiling face. And when coming to her when she's crying and she stops and smiles at me through her tears? Wow.

Schedule: ha. But we do have a routine. It was essential to figure out that baby can be awake no more than 90 minutes to 2 hours before she needs another nap. So, the first morning nap happens around 10. After that, it depends how long the naps are. We also do "pajama time" between 7 and 8. I longed for more of a schedule at first but I'm just going with it now. Which makes thinking of having a regular work time hard but I guess that's one of the perks of being temporarily unemployed.

I am trying to work on my dissertation, which sometimes I get a lot done and then days will go by without much chance to do anything. I shoot for my 15 minutes at least. (The problem I'm noticing is that now any spare moment when she's asleep I "should" be working on my diss. Like now, for example. Grad school sux.)

I was just thinking that as a former tv addict I'm glad we don't have any reception. However, I'm a Netflix junkie. Also, Amanda, I am totally with you on the Wire (and also on the lonely evenings -- DH teaches at night). Fortunately, our friends have HBO, so that'll continue to be our one regular "night out." It's starting soon, yay!
#70 of 675 Old 01-04-2008, 12:52 PM

i'm glad we're not the only people who don't have a will yet. i am horrified at myself. we asked someone who was our first choice, and he said no, and having seen him more recently, i completely agree. then we asked our second choice and haven't heard back yet. we've got two more couples we're thinking of. none of the grandparents are in the running. the official reason is age.

i'm having a rough morning on the housing stuff.
#71 of 675 Old 01-04-2008, 01:16 PM

Wills.

Yeah, sucky topic. We still haven't done it. My husband had a suggestion that I totally disagreed with- a close friend of his he's known for years, but she's single and lives with her not-trustworthy boyfriend in a remote cabin with unreliable electricity (!!!!) and is a sculptor without a steady income stream. Great person, I love her, but my kid is medically complex and needs more than that. I'll probably ask one of my older sisters who have kids in college and high school now. They have me listed for their younger kids, so I don't see why they'd have a problem with that, although they're both close to 50. Parents are totally out on both sides- mine due to age, in-laws due to golf.

Honestly I'd like for my best friend and his partner to do it, but I don't even know if they have any interest in having a family (biologically impossible on their own, as they're both male). They're fantastic with Lucien, though, and I've known him for 18 years. Holy crap, that makes me feel old- we met freshman year of college.
#72 of 675 Old 01-04-2008, 01:18 PM

rach, why not ask your BF from college (and his partner)?? the worst they can do is say no. our long-term plan is to switch the will to go with my BF from college and her partner (same gender) but they are living separately now due to career stuff...
#73 of 675 Old 01-04-2008, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiePie View Post
i'm glad we're not the only people who don't have a will yet. i am horrified at myself. we asked someone who was our first choice, and he said no, and having seen him more recently, i completely agree. then we asked our second choice and haven't heard back yet. we've got two more couples we're thinking of. none of the grandparents are in the running. the official reason is age.

i'm having a rough morning on the housing stuff.
Sorry things are rough on housing, Pie. It's so stressful.

I'm really glad that Oscar's friend said yes. I was so scared - they really are the only ones I can see taking her. I'm also touched that my friend did - I know she turned down someone else a few years ago because she wasn't in synch with their parenting style...

My parents are out due to age, too. I can't imagine trying to deal with that transition after losing us, God forbid...
#74 of 675 Old 01-04-2008, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by preemiemamarach View Post

Honestly I'd like for my best friend and his partner to do it, but I don't even know if they have any interest in having a family (biologically impossible on their own, as they're both male). They're fantastic with Lucien, though, and I've known him for 18 years. Holy crap, that makes me feel old- we met freshman year of college.
You should ask - you never know! I didn't think my friend would say yes, but just asked and she said yes right away. I feel good having a backup, too. I'm sure it's much harder for you with all of Lucien's health problems.
#75 of 675 Old 01-04-2008, 02:45 PM

Um, speaking for California. The weather sucks!!!! I have to walk 3 1/2 blocks from my parking space to my office and I got so soaked that when I went to the bathroom - I realized my underwear are wet! Nice. It's so windy I couldn't use an umbrella, so my normal raincoat is out (no hood), so I wore a casual jacket with a good hood, but it's short...

At least I thought to put my pump in a plastic bag inside my bag - it stayed dry.

MUCH harder to leave DD this morning. Not sure why. She did sleep on her own again, though, which is exciting. I had to wake her up to feed her before I left. I hate doing that, but no way was I leaving without saying good morning!
#76 of 675 Old 01-04-2008, 02:52 PM

Dh and I still haven't done the will thing either : We have decided though that our first choice for guardians is DHs parents followed by DHs brother and sister inlaw. Both parties have agreed. Although my mom and sister are super hurt that they weren't chosen, there was NO WAY I would ever let my child live with them. Both of them have made too many irresponsible life choices.

Schedules...
Not so much a schedule as a routine/pattern. Get home from daycare, nurse, play for 15-20 minutes, bath, massage, PJs, nurse, swaddle, sleep (aiming for bedtime of 8/8:30PM). I then feed as needed throughout the night (used to be only once or twice, now is more like 4-5 times, Grrr). Wakeup between 7/8AM (Benjamin is the alarm, I haven't set an alarm for myself since before he was born ), nurse, get ready to leave house, possibly nurse briefly before leaving house if there is time and interest. At daycare Benjamin usually is awake for 2 hours and then naps for 45min-1.5 hours so I try to replicate that pattern at home (although we tend to get off routine on the weekends too because we have so many errands).

When I was on mat. leave I tried to do a walk in the morning (usually after he woke up from his first morning nap and we had nursed) and take a nap with the babe in the afternoon (usually around 2:30PM or so). Everything else I just played by ear.
#77 of 675 Old 01-04-2008, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiePie View Post
none of the grandparents are in the running. the official reason is age.
That's our official reason too
#78 of 675 Old 01-04-2008, 03:55 PM

ok, sling question.

Lucien is difficult with carriers. He's 16 lbs and around 26 inches, and the only thing he'll tolerate is this carry in the maya wrap: http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/i...eethingtoy.jpg

due to the standy game fascination, he isn't big on being folded like that for long, but he isn't really big enough (nor is his head stable, due to torticollis) for a hip carry. I'm just going by the carries on the maya wrap video. He is a vertical carry baby, always.

Any ideas on alternate carries? I'm trying to get him more sling-friendly because he's going to be in it whenever we're out of the car/on the plane during the move.
#79 of 675 Old 01-04-2008, 03:56 PM
acp

We've settled into a routine too, that has shifted as Willa's gotten older. As I remember, I first started giving her a semi-regular bedtime when she was about 7 or 8 weeks old. At that point, it was later - around 9 pm. I didn't worry about nap times in the early months other than making sure she slept every 1 1/2-2 hours, sometimes for a longish time, sometimes for a short nap, usually on me in a wrap or ergo. Her bedtime started shifting earlier around 3 months or a little later - now she's in bed by 7 pm pretty much every night, and that's the one "scheduled" thing I try to stick to as much as I possibly can. She seems to like the regularity, and even if she's napped in the late afternoon, she's ready to go right down around 7. We do about 30 minutes of nakey time (which she loves) beforehand, then a bath, PJs, nursing, bed. The whole process takes a little less than an hour, but that's in part because she's such a fast nurser.

As for naps - she started settling into more of a routine around 4-5 months. These days, she's usually ready for a morning nap within a couple hours of waking up (9 am or thereabouts). She usually naps for anywhere from 30-90 minutes. She's ready for an afternoon nap sometime between 12 and 1:30, depending how the day is going. Sometimes she sleeps well enough then that that's her last nap of the day, other days she needs a short catnap in the late afternoon to recharge her batteries. I'm hoping that pretty soon it phases out altogether, but at this point I'm just watching her cues.

I try to respect her need for routine as much as I can - that's made easier right now by the fact that it's winter (so we're home more) and I'm working and we have a sitter during the day, so it's mostly weekends when her routine can disrupt our plans. It sometimes makes it hard to do things I'd like, but I feel like right now, her need for regularity seems high and it's not that hard to try and plan things around when I know she might need to nap, or to change plans as needed. If we have to - w'ere traveling or there's an important family event - she can roll with it, and I'll try and find ways for her to nap in the ergo, etc (though she no longer naps well there at all now that she's more easily distracted), but in general, I find that I appreciate it so much more when she's napped well and is a happy, sunny girl in the evenings that it's worth putting up with the inconvenience for now. Once she gets down to one nap a day i figure it'll be a lot easier.
#80 of 675 Old 01-04-2008, 04:02 PM

I just had a visit from my doula. It was interesting to process the birth with her... I'll save those comments for later (NAK)

But I got another cute picture. She was speaking spanish to him very softly and he loved her! I think maybe he recognized her voice too, cuz he looked like he was trying really hard to place her. Another cute picture:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7342008@N05/2166038451/

I just love that he's smiling in response to people now! He even has a dimple on his right cheek! OMG! Heartbreaking.
#81 of 675 Old 01-04-2008, 04:03 PM
acp

Quote:
ok, sling question.

Lucien is difficult with carriers. He's 16 lbs and around 26 inches, and the only thing he'll tolerate is this carry in the maya wrap: http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/i...eethingtoy.jpg

due to the standy game fascination, he isn't big on being folded like that for long, but he isn't really big enough (nor is his head stable, due to torticollis) for a hip carry. I'm just going by the carries on the maya wrap video. He is a vertical carry baby, always.

Any ideas on alternate carries? I'm trying to get him more sling-friendly because he's going to be in it whenever we're out of the car/on the plane during the move.
I don't have a ring sling, so I can't help you with alternate carries with your sling. But Willa is also a stand-y girl and always has been - she hated a cradle carry from week 2, and only likes being vertical, either facing my chest or facing out. I've come to adore my ergo - SO comfortable, I can carry her (chunky as she is) for hours and miles and not feel it, it's perfect for travel and on planes, and she loves it. Plus, DH is much more willing to use it than he has been with other slings. I think the patapum is similar and slightly cheaper. I also like my wrap (I have an ellaroo), which lets me do either a tummy-to-tummy or facing-out carry, both of which she likes (and which have her in a standing position) and both of which are comfortable.
Now that she's big enough for a hip carry, I do occasionally put her in my hotsling (which had sat unused for months due to her hatred of other carries) for getting stuff done around the house, but for anything longer, I like having weight on both shoulders/hips. I'm wanting to try putting her on my back more now too.

I know that it can start getting pricey getting more than one sling, but you can often find pretty good used deals if you look here at the trading post or babywearer.com or eBay or whatever... I don't have a mei tai, but I'd think that would also be good for a vertical carry. Most people I know love the black hawk ones.
#82 of 675 Old 01-04-2008, 04:08 PM

Quote:

I'm no good with the maya wrap since I don't have one, but I swear I am in love with my mei tai!!! DD LOVES it and will spend hours happily - last night she napped, woke up, watched me wash pump parts/bottles, fell asleep again, slept long enough for me to eat... Probably 3 hours total. She loves ffing, too.

I am also able to do a hip carry with DD in the sling. She's smaller than Lucien, so I'm guessing he could do it too? I just make sure that her little legs are lined up right and I do have to keep one arm behind her for stability and to help keep her head in line. It allows me to do a true one-handed hold with her, though, so I have one hand really free.
#83 of 675 Old 01-04-2008, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by acp View Post
I've come to adore my ergo - SO comfortable, I can carry her (chunky as she is) for hours and miles and not feel it, it's perfect for travel and on planes, and she loves it. .
You know, I actually have an Ergo I bought a few months ago, but he was too short and we had to use the infant insert- and he HATED it. Passionately. Screamed. But he also was unmedicated for reflux and just in that weird preemie place overall, so it might be good to try again.

My boobs are SO big now that I may need the extender to have enough room for him (I'm six feet tall, around 200 lbs). But it would certainly be easier on the plane than adjusting the maya wrap. Good points!
#84 of 675 Old 01-04-2008, 05:04 PM
acp

Yeah, I would give it another try, especially now that he won't need the infant insert. That puts them in more of a cradle carry, i think, not the vertical position he might like better. Don't worry if his legs look really splayed - they're supposed to be that way!
One thing I love about the ergo on planes is that if the flight attendants make you take your LO out of the sling for takeoff/landing (some do, some don't), the ergo is pretty easy to slip off (just unclip shoulder strap and slide off shoulders, keeping the hip belt in place) without the baby even knowing you've done it, if they're asleep. When DD was younger, that was key, since I had a couple times where she was sleeping soundly in my wrap, and the flight attendants made me wake her up and take her out. When she was sleeping in the ergo, she never even knew that I'd (semi) taken it off.
#85 of 675 Old 01-04-2008, 05:11 PM

Hi everyone!

I've read posts back to the 24th but obviously can't do personals... I've been gone so long!

We were with my family for Christmas - a 2 hour car ride - and things went ok. We had Meltdown Maya on Christmas because she couldn't nap. Ugh. But other than that, things were fine. We left the 27th for Arizona to celebrate my husband's grandfather's 90th birthday. She was ok on the plane - we had a few short crying spells as she tried to fall asleep - but other than that, she was ok on the plane.

I brought my Ergo and it was a DREAM to have. She napped so well in it. Wish I could have worn her and eaten at all the restaurants we visited! She was pretty cranky anytime we went out.

AND, we had a little mishap... and ended up at the ER. She's fine... but.... I dropped her.:

On pavement. : : :

It was awful. I was holding her while waiting for the valet to bring our car around (she was fussy at dinner, so my husband was going to take us back to the hotel). Suddenly, a bug flew down my shirt!!! I was so startled that before I knew it, my precious little girl was on the pavement!

She screamed immediately, we had the hotel call 911. The EMTs thought she was ok, but we took her to the ER just to be safe. She managed to stop crying and nap in the ambulance, and she smiled at the doctor when we got checked out.

Ugh. What a trip. Never.again.

We took her to the pediatrician today just to check on her after the fall, and of course she's fine. However, she's been pooping 5+ times a day since before the fall so I think she may have picked up a little tummy bug at Christmas. Her poops are all green, so I don't think she has enough of an appetite (she's not getting enough hind milk, I think). Hopefully she'll feel better soon.

Anyhoo.

Re: Schedules. We started a bedtime routine around 5 weeks. Around 7pm, we do bathtime, pjs, books (whatever she seems up for, some nights she's too fussy for books), nurse, rock in the glider and then to bed. She's still up 2-3 times a night (on a good night) to nurse. During the day, she goes about 1.5 hours to 2 hours of awake time before she's ready for a nap.

Re: Wills. We still haven't figured out who we would want to take guardianship. There's just no one that's perfect. *sigh* And I think the more we delve into it, the worse it'll be... since we each have our own concerns about our in-laws.

Re: Carries for Rachel. Have you tried a side sitting carry for Lucien? I put Maya in the Maya Wrap sideways, with her feet sticking out the side. She loves side carries. I also do the side carry with the Ergo.

Re: Pictures. LOOOVE all the baby pictures!!

Re: Blowouts. OMG. We use sposies : and so far we cannot find one brand that doesn't leak. Just today she leaked out all over the boppy (not just the cover, but the pillow itself) and my lap. Ugh. I'm looking forward to getting her on solids in a few more months so that her poops won't be so ... liquid.
#86 of 675 Old 01-04-2008, 05:19 PM

Oh Becky - I'm so sorry about the fall!!! I'm sure it was worse for you than for her. Glad she's okay.

I wish the Ergo worked better for me. I've used it a few more times when DD's asleep on me and I have DH put it on me so that I don't wake her up. It splays her legs too far (she's still only a little over 12 lbs) and just doesn't fit me well for some reason. Maybe it will work better as she gets older? I also cannot for the life of me get the middle strap that connects the shoulder straps closed by myself - and I have hyper-flexible shoulders (like - have had PT for it and should have surgery) - I can fold my hands together behind my back from top and bottom, but I cannot clip that clip... Or unclip, so once she's in, she's IN unless someone saves me. Don't know what I'm doing wrong...
#87 of 675 Old 01-04-2008, 06:49 PM

becky- so scary about the fall! And so wonderful that Maya is fine. On my first day in the peds ICU, my preceptor was giving me a hard time for being ginger with a babe and said, 'trust me- they're hard to break.' All the mama nurses gathered around and told me about their various 'oh crap, I dropped my baby!' moments with their own kids, and literally EVERY MAMA had had some sort of accident at some point in the first year.

You do a side-carry in the ring sling- which direction is she facing? Forward? I think he'd dig that a lot. I need to find a picture online for reference (I am the least mechanically inclined person alive, even with a piece of fabric!)

also- have you tried 7th gen sposies? Honestly, they work really well on blowouts for Lucien. And he's had antibiotic diarrhea several times now. MASSIVE poo. We had leaks with every other brand, too. I think it's baby-shape specific, though- he's got a buddha belly http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/i...ks24-25015.jpg and a relatively short waist, and these are size 3's. I've heard long, thin babes don't do as well in these.
#88 of 675 Old 01-04-2008, 06:50 PM

just want to say I have MASSIVE short-timers disease at work now.

I honestly just. don't. care.

so I'm leaving early to (hopefully) make better time and pump in the car.

HAGN, mamas!
#89 of 675 Old 01-04-2008, 07:50 PM

You guys.

You're too fast for me. Slooow down. Wah. I am at work and have no power at home and can't keep up here.

We have no will. We're getting one soon though. I have no idea about god-parents or some such equivalent. (Are god-parents a Catholic thing? Does it matter if you are not Catholic?)

We have a night time routine that is basically: play, then play quietly with books or quiet toys with dim lights, put on pjs, brush teeth (as well as we can), read stories, nurse, bed time.

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. We usually start her routine around 6 and she's in bed between 6:45-7:00. Nap time is still kind of all over ... but she's down to two naps and moving towards one longer (read 1 hour or so) nap instead.

Okay, that's all for now. I will sit in my office and stay wet today.
#90 of 675 Old 01-04-2008, 08:05 PM

Nylecoj - at least the wind is dying down so you can get home - they closed the Woodland causeway for a while. A semi blew over on it's side. 60 mile an hour gusts suck - I almost got blown over (literally) walking to my car and was soaked to the skin when I got there. Oh well - work shut down early due to weather, so I'm HOME!!! DH is too - no power at his office.

I had godparents, was raised Presbyterian, but yes they are normally a Catholic thing. Dh is, I'm non-denominational, but I'm drawn to Epicapalian due to their gay-right stand and other more open-minded stuff. If and when we get DD baptized, they'll be there. Both of them happen to be Catholic, but we didn't base anything on that. I don't know even if we can have DD baptized Catholic since I'm not?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page