In our 30s with our first babe - it's a new year! - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-07-2008, 12:25 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by preemiemamarach View Post
We're going to bite the bullet and get a Britax Boulevard before we move if we have to drive- he can tolerate his bucket for about 45 minutes. If the car is moving, he's not too bad, but when we stop he loses it.

my new ped says buckets are bad for refluxers -- something about the angle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2008, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veganone View Post

I am starting to wonder about the whole idea that bfing is cheaper - I'm spending so much money on bras!
you are doing so awesome with the breastfeeding!! keep up the good work!
Old 01-07-2008, 01:44 AM
acp

I was a 34F for a long time after I had Willa (I haven't measured myself lately, but I think that except when I go too long without nursing or pumping, I'm probably closer to a D now... FWIW, I was a 34 B/C before breastfeeding, so it was kind of a shock when I first got measured afterwards!).
I also got the Bravado bra, which I like ok. But the bra that I wear virtually every day since it's so comfortable is an Anita one. I got it in an E, but it seems to fit well even when I'm pretty engorged (and I got it when my boobs were still on the ginormous side). I'm not sure which one I got, but it's incredibly comfortable and so easy to use - it's as supportive as my bravado one, but it doesn't feel quite so huge and cumbersome- more like a normal bra.

Oh, and on the notion of breastfeeding being cheaper... I have a friend who swears she's spent more on extra food to feed her breastfeeding-fueled appetite than she would have on formula
She's (half) kidding, but it is true that between pumps, bras, etc, it does add up. So worth it, though....
Old 01-07-2008, 04:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiePie View Post
my new ped says buckets are bad for refluxers -- something about the angle.
ooh, good to know! He's getting a tad long for his bucket anyway, and I have serious problems getting it in and out of the car to hook into the stroller now that he's heavier.

A friend at work is giving us her Eddie Bauer convertible seat to go in DH's Jeep (wrangler)- the bucket and base barely fit, so I have no doubt that a Britax Boulevard would never go in it. If we can actually get someone to drive the car/dogs out so I can fly with the babe, I may see if we can get by on just the free seat for a while.

Speaking of, DH's brother found out about our move tonight (he lives in NY) and volunteered to help, if he doesn't get a job he's interviewing for on the 15th. We're supposed to get out of here on the 20th, though, so that's cutting it close. I asked my mom to check with my sister on my nephew helping- she's going to call tomorrow. Life will be a LOT easier if we get that squared away.
Old 01-07-2008, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock_dr View Post
has anyone read eat, pray, love ? I didn't think I would get into it but I loved it.
That is the book we are reading for my book club in Feb. I haven't started it yet (actually, I haven't started Jan's book either...note to self, MUST learn to read and pump) but I heard it was a great book.

Lane - Sorry about your grandma. Even when it is someones time to go, it is still a loss. Allow yourself to grieve as needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~minnow~ View Post
Emily, you're very funny about your pristine BG. Is it the one-size or the all in one? I LOVE the all in ones. Like Amanda said you only have to wash it once before you use it. And the only of our BGs that is a tiny bit stained is stained from diaper cream. And we have NEVER had a blowout with cloth diapers and she has had some crazy big poops. (She's the same size as Benjamin, 14 pounds and almost 26 inches.)
Yep, I have the BG AIO. So cute!
You will be proud to know that I did the prewear wash last night. Now I just need to work up the courage to use the damn thing!

Question - What do I do w/ the dipe after it has been worn but before washing? Also how long can a dipe sit before being washed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~minnow~ View Post
Natalia, are you out there?
:

Rachel - You driving the car w/ the babe and the dogs is an insane proposition. Just say no (no matter how much your DH complains about it, because seriously, no matter how aversive his response is, the drive will be worse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace24 View Post
Perhaps I should've done a better job at weighing myself in pregnancy and watching what I ate? Or is it normal to be a good 3 sizes bigger than normal after a baby? It's been 6 weeks. Does the rest of the weight "drop off" from here or is this really what I'm left with to lose on my own?
I am 4 months PP and still 2 sizes larger than pre-preg (despite only being 8 lbs away from pre-preg weight). I gained 50lbs during the pregnancy and it is hard for me to not beat myself up over it. I have noticed that the weight tends to come off in clumps. I will lose a bunch very quckly (3-4 lbs over the course of a week or so) and then plateau for a couple of weeks. I am not doing ANYTHING to lose weight (and I now get zero exercise since I returned to work, but the weight still manages to come off (I lost 4 lbs over the holidays?!). Hang in there, your weight will drop off too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by veganone View Post
Back to work bras... Anyone find a nursing bra that would be non duct clogging and comfy?
Elizabeth - Nope. I still haven't found a perfect bra. All of the maternity bras I have tried seem kinda itchy (including the Anita that most other people love). I am currently a 32 F and I still wear the Target maternity tanks all the time. They are the most comfortable and easiest for pumping/b'feeding. I see no difference in support between a non underwire nursing bra and the tanks. I am soooo missing underwire. I just look so gross without it. Thank goodness it is winter and I can hide under sweaters.

So, we bought the jumperoo on Sat. Benjamin is still a tiny bit too short (he only needs about 1/4 of an inch for it to be perfect) but he seems to really like it. He isn't bouncing yet, but he looooves being able to stand up. He also really likes all of the toys (we got the FP Rainforest Jumperoo). I will say the whole thing is VERY stimulating and he really can only be in it for 10 minutes or so at a time right now, but I think it will be a good toy for him as he matures. I took some pictures and will try to post them soon

I also had a talk with DH about night time parenting. These past 4 months it has been me dealing with the night wakings. This was okay during mat. leave because taking care of the baby was my job. But now that I am back at work, it is not as acceptable. Still, I was okay with it because Benjamin was only waking 1-2 times each night. However, he is now waking 3-6 times and I am seriously dying. DH wasn't very sympathetic about my earlier requests for help (sounds familiar to anyone?). However, on Thursday night DH passed a kidney stone. It wasn't a terrible one (i.e. we did not go to the ER), but it was enough to wake him every hour between 3-6 AM). The next day he was sooooo tired and cranky. I then explained to him that was how I felt ALL THE TIME because I often wake up every hour to care for Benjamin and that it just was not working for me. We have now decided that we will feed Benjamin every 3-4 hours at night (if he wakes). I will get up and do feeding nightwakings. Other than that, DH is on the clock and is expected to get up and change diapers or otherwise settle Benjamin back to sleep. Last night was his first night "on". He had to get up twice (and I got up twice). I feel soooo much more rested! Wow! It is amazing. I am also hoping that having Daddy (i.e. no boob) go to him at night, will help Benjamin learn to eat more during the day AND sleep better at night.
Old 01-07-2008, 02:58 PM
acp

Quote:
Originally Posted by dctexan View Post
Question - What do I do w/ the dipe after it has been worn but before washing? Also how long can a dipe sit before being washed?
We have a small trash can with lid set up in Willa's room, with a diaper wet bag (I think bummi makes a bunch - basically just a bag designed to hold cloth dipes) in it. If the diaper is poopy, we rinse the poop off into the toilet using the mini shower (seriously, I don't know how I'd CD without this amazing gadget - the few times I've been somewhere overnight without it, getting the poop off has been near impossible, and I'm not so into soaking them in the toilet) and then take the insert out (if it's a pocket diaper) and put it all into the pail. If it's just wet, I just put it straight into the pail (taking the insert out). We wash our dipes every 2-3 days - basically, as long as we can go before we run out of dipes. Seems to work well, and like I said, we really haven't had any staining. Though definitely be careful not to use rash cream without a liner, since that can and will stain (and sometimes affect absorbency as well).

Glad to hear you're finally getting some help with nighttime parenting! I'm sure it'll make a big difference, and it defnitely makes sense. I can't believe your DH thought you should do it all, even though you're also getting up and going to work...
Old 01-07-2008, 03:05 PM

Oh! Forgot to say, we used the Baby Bijorn this weekend (I figured we should get SOME use out of it, plus it is the ONLY carrier DH has expressed ANY interest in using - despite the fact that he has yet to wear the babe . Um, Benjamin LOVED it. I mean, really loved it. He likes it waaaayyyy more than the ringsling. Gah. I think it might me time for a mei tai.
Old 01-07-2008, 03:06 PM

just a quick post as I'm right in the middle of something at work- we had our immunology follow up today. The doc said Lucien DEFINITELY has a primary immunodeficiency, based on his labs- it's just a question of which kind.

Bad, as he may need IVIG for the rest of his life. Good, as we now know the reason behind all of this. And he definitely doesn't have severe combined immune deficiency syndrome (SCIDS, the boy in the bubble disease), as one of his IG levels is quite good. So it's serious, but probably not catastrophic.

More later. I may feel differently later, but for now I'm relieved to have at least a partial answer.
Old 01-07-2008, 03:33 PM

Quote:
just a quick post as I'm right in the middle of something at work- we had our immunology follow up today. The doc said Lucien DEFINITELY has a primary immunodeficiency, based on his labs- it's just a question of which kind.

Bad, as he may need IVIG for the rest of his life. Good, as we now know the reason behind all of this. And he definitely doesn't have severe combined immune deficiency syndrome (SCIDS, the boy in the bubble disease), as one of his IG levels is quite good. So it's serious, but probably not catastrophic.

More later. I may feel differently later, but for now I'm relieved to have at least a partial answer.
Rachel
I have a very close friend whose son had a primary immunodeficiency (to the point where he needed to have a blood stem cell transplant). He is now a thriving 22 month old (who is feeding tube free) and has not been in the hospital since last spring I hope that the diagnose leads to treatment and ultimately an excellent outcome for Lucien.
Old 01-07-2008, 04:19 PM

So, on the dd poop front - had nice yellow poops with seeds yesterday for the first time in a LONG time. This morning it was green and watery - also a first. I hope that the new abx aren't messing her up! It occured to me that adding wheat right when I switched meds was probably dumb because now I don't know which is causing this.

Quote:
I still haven't found a perfect bra. All of the maternity bras I have tried seem kinda itchy (including the Anita that most other people love). I am currently a 32 F and I still wear the Target maternity tanks all the time. They are the most comfortable and easiest for pumping/b'feeding. I see no difference in support between a non underwire nursing bra and the tanks. I am soooo missing underwire. I just look so gross without it. Thank goodness it is winter and I can hide under sweaters.

I also had a talk with DH about night time parenting. .
I wish that the Target (or Glamourmom) tanks fit me. My nipples sit too high on my boobs for them - I end up with the seam of the cutout right over my nipple! In the Bravados I need the huge-o one that is a 36, so a bit big around. Wish they had a 34F in the tanks. Sounds like we're similar sizes, though, I wonder which Anita one you have...

Glad you're getting help at night. DD only wakes up to nurse, so I'm on my own. Last night she was again hard to get to sleep and then was up eating every 2 hours all night for a half hour each time! I'm tired. I'm hoping she's gearing up for a growth spurt and that this isn't a pattern!

Quote:

I may feel differently later, but for now I'm relieved to have at least a partial answer.
I think having an answer is HUGE. I would be relieved to at least know that there is something specific and diagnosable wrong and then you can figure out treatments. Hugs for you both... You are so making the right decision to stay at home with him.
Old 01-07-2008, 04:36 PM
acp

Elizabeth, I"m pretty sure this is the Anita bra I have - its biggest size is an E (Which is what I have), but like I said, it does fit me and I was an F originally –though my boobs have since deflated a bit from their earlier glory.
I also have the huge bravado one and have never really liked it. In addition to the fact that it's too big around, I hate that I feel like I'm wearing a sports bra, since it's so bulky, and that I have to pull it over my head instead of fastening it in back. But the Anita one has been fabulous.
Good luck!
Old 01-07-2008, 04:45 PM

ahhhh....bras. What a nightmare.

I spent a ridiculous amount of money on some nursing bras when I first got out of the hospital, not realizing my boobs would get WAY BIGGER. So none of my nice ones are really comfy anymore.

What I did was just get cheapy nursing bras at Target in the size that fit at the time I needed a new one. So I have six or seven cheap ones, in various sizes. That's probably not the most productive way to do it, but ah well. Laziness and business trumped thoroughness!
Old 01-07-2008, 05:07 PM

My boobs got bigger and my band size got smaller, too. I have THREE Bravado tanks that are too small for my giant boobs now. I can wear them, but there is serious cleavage. The F/G one I have on now is comfy, but I also have uniboob. I also have a couple of the M+ ones, and the band is too big and the cups are too small.

Thanks for the ideas!

Back to pumping at work - I pumped at 10:30, so 2.5 hours after a mediocre nursing session with DD before I left home. I got 3 oz. Why, oh why do I not get more when I pump? There's more in there, but it likes babe better than the pump. I think I'm going to try to pump every 2 hours if at all possible to try to keep up with her.
Old 01-07-2008, 05:14 PM - Thread Starter

((((rachel))))
I am glad you are getting answers and they aren't 'worse case.' I still wish the diagnosis were better.

Elizabeth- I only get 3 oz at a time usually. i usually have better luck playing with the rate/amount of suction, and doing some compressions. also looking at pics of her helps but like I said I still don't get more than that and manage to keep up (barely).
Old 01-07-2008, 05:26 PM
acp

I'm pumping as I'm reading this, and only getting 4 oz, even though I know she drinks about 8 oz around this time. It's frustrating.
The things that have helped me are:
- pumping in the morning when I can. This morning I pumped right after feeding her at 6 am, since she didn't eat much and my boobs were still really engorged. I pumped 9 oz. I don't always do that, or get that much (she went much longer than normal between feedings last night), but I do get more when I pump in the morning that at any other time of day.
- playing with the settings, speed, placement of flanges, doing some breast compressions. All those things can help a bit. And I find that I typically get a lot more now than I did when I first started pumping - I've just gotten more adept and figured out what I need to get good let down. That said, a pump will never be as efficient as a baby, and it's often frustrating to realize, like you said, that there's still more milk in there but the pump isn't getting it out. (that's the case with me right now!). I've heard some people say that letting the pump go for a long time after they stop getting any milk out helps them achieve a second let down, but that's never worked for me...
Old 01-07-2008, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by acp View Post
The things that have helped me are:
- pumping in the morning when I can. This morning I pumped right after feeding her at 6 am, since she didn't eat much and my boobs were still really engorged. I pumped 9 oz. I don't always do that, or get that much (she went much longer than normal between feedings last night), but I do get more when I pump in the morning that at any other time of day.
- playing with the settings, speed, placement of flanges, doing some breast compressions. All those things can help a bit. And I find that I typically get a lot more now than I did when I first started pumping - I've just gotten more adept and figured out what I need to get good let down. That said, a pump will never be as efficient as a baby, and it's often frustrating to realize, like you said, that there's still more milk in there but the pump isn't getting it out. (that's the case with me right now!). I've heard some people say that letting the pump go for a long time after they stop getting any milk out helps them achieve a second let down, but that's never worked for me...
I agree with Amanda's suggestions/advice
*Morning pump is my biggest of the day - I will pump for 20 min or until milk stops coming out (sometimes as long as 30 min!). This is the only session where I can get more than 4oz
*I pump for 20 minutes each session (I get a second letdown after pumping for 17-19 minutes...so when I was only pumping for 15 min I was missing that extra milk!)
*Moving up to the large flanges helped
*Messing with the speed & suction was also a big breakthrough. I have the PIS original and I usually do Speed 5 at the lowest vacuum for 5 minutes and then switch to Speed 3 at 1/4 strength vacuum for 15 minutes.
*I also learned that compressing my boobs over by the armpit area will increase milk output
*If I have a "bad" pump session (only 1-2oz) I will massage my boobs, wait 15/20 minutes and then repump. I usually get another oz or so.

Also, Benjamin usually only drinks between 9-12oz while at day care so 3pump sessions per day will usually meet his needs. I add a 4th (and sometimes a 5th after I put him down to bed) to get extra milk banked in anticipation of his need increasing in the future.
Old 01-07-2008, 06:02 PM

Elizabeth - I order my nursing bras from HERE
Old 01-07-2008, 06:06 PM

Thanks for the suggestions! I have found that getting a good letdown helps some. I always pump right after my shower before work (warm water - then pump). That is generally 3 oz, even when engorged on one side from nighttime (she only eats on one side each feeding at night). Today it was like 2.5 oz because DD ate all night. I need to go longer, I'm sure, but it's hard to watch the minutes tick by at work. Once the pumping bra gets here I'm hoping I can just let it run for a while and do some work at the same time. I could also pump longer at that first pumping in the morning - it's just hard because I'm trying to rush so DH can get up, since he stays in bed with her so I can shower and pump.

Pumping at night is impossible (hyper-needy DD at night) and I get VERY little then anyway. I could get up at maybe 4 AM, but I'm already sleepy!

The good thing is that DD has only used 4 of the bags of frozen milk (maybe 10 oz) total, so I still have a decent reserve even with the loss of November's milk due to the lipase issue. I still have that in there - not sure what I'll do with it!
Old 01-07-2008, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Elizabeth - I order my nursing bras from HERE
What a great site! I love this http://www.birthandbabyorders.com/index.php?c=77 This is SO helpful! "MS" cracked me up, too.
Old 01-07-2008, 06:13 PM

Howdy!

We're back from visiting the In-Laws.... I haven't been able to catch up with everything that's been going on will try to read everything tomorrow while Aidan is napping.

Anyway HAPPY (belated) New Year!!! Isn't it crazy to think that a year ago we were just starting our pregnancies? I had to laugh the on New Year's Day since that morning I took a pregnancy test but couldn't face it in case I wasn't so I went back to bed before the 3 minutes and then when I got up later that morning looked at the stick and thought I saw a line..... do you guys remember this? I posted pictures and everything... aaahhhh the memories!
Old 01-07-2008, 06:23 PM

Hmm, Elizabeth, I have trouble getting more than 4 oz. at a time too, but I stop pumping when it seems like the milk stops, so maybe I should keep going like they said. It's very frustrating because he's eating so much right now, if I use a sitter for 3 hours he needs a bottle and I'm right back where I started.

So thanks for all the suggestions for pumping! I'll try some of them. I'm gonna have to pump real quick-like on my 15-minute breaks (as in 15 minutes on the stopwatch, back in your seat by time's up or you're late) once I go back to work... there's a little private bathroom I'm gonna bolt into as soon as we break.

Oliver slept from 11:30 til 6 a.m.! OMG! Then the sitter came in and I slept for another 2.5 hours. OMG! I feel human! I think I see the light at the end of the tunnel. Of course he's at the 6 week mark that they say is the peak of the "fussies" so that's not fun but still, I was able to go to my noon ladies meeting (12 step) They love having me bring him... I really needed it! I just brought him and nursed him the whole time. After the meeting he just smiled at them and let me introduce him... he wasn't fussy at all. Whew! And I feel like my head is screwed on a little straighter after the meeting. When I don't get to them, I start finding all kinds of fault with DH and getting just generally irritable and cranky for no reason (not even sleep deprivation, although that's also an issue).

I can't remember who mentioned the nursing bra/uniboob thing but it made me :!! Nursing bras... I have a bravado that feels like a straight jacket (it fits the way it should, it's just that I hate to wear bras period.), and a Medela "soft-support" or something which I LOVE but it really is soft support. Also got a few nursing tanks from Espressiva... the regular cotton ones are pretty cheap and leave a big fabric line under your shirt, but the Bravado is still a little tight around the middle. I think I mentioned it yesterday, but it's because I'm fat. sigh...
Old 01-07-2008, 06:24 PM

Oh, also... I bought a nursing bra at Target too and for some reason it makes me chafe under my boobs like crazy... like to the point of bleeding. : That's what I get for trying to buy a nursing bra for $12.
Old 01-07-2008, 06:59 PM

Hi girls.

Ugh.

Dd has a cold or something and has been up about every hour or more (okay, once in while she'll sleep two hours in a row) for about a week now. I'm feeling frayed and raw and can't stand the endless crying anymore. Dh let me sleep yesterday because I have a little cold now too, which was nice, but not enough.

Sometimes I never, ever, want another kid because if anyone had asked me if 13 mos into this I would still not be getting any sleep, I wouldn't have believed them. I know not all kids are like this, but I'm kind of worried my DNA might create another one. UGH.

Silver lining, tomorrow dh and I are dropping bebu at daycare, and then we are going skiing! Woooooooooo! That should help clear my head a lot.

Also, I've been doing yoga again ... not in a class or anything but I'm still feeling the benefits.

Rachel, I'm glad you have an answer about Lucien ... not knowing would be so difficult.

Elizabeth, sorry about the boobs. That's hard.

I would write more, but guess who is awake again?
Old 01-07-2008, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace24 View Post
Oh, also... I bought a nursing bra at Target too and for some reason it makes me chafe under my boobs like crazy... like to the point of bleeding. : That's what I get for trying to buy a nursing bra for $12.
Julia, that sucks! I have on a crappy Target bra as we speak. I think I end up buying them way too big in band size to avoid that- although I don't really get a lot of support, I suppose. My boobs haven't felt comfortable since late pregnancy, really. I have Dolly Parton cleavage most days, and could probably hide my baby in there. Seriously, that's how big my boobs seem.
Old 01-07-2008, 07:29 PM

Aw, Jocelyn. I feel for you with LO's sleep patterns... You poor momma. That's hard. DD's been having trouble just getting to sleep since last Wednesday and I'm already beat!

I hear you on having another one and being nervous about a repeat - I am the same way with the PROM and the sheer amount of care she required at first.

Have fun skiing - you guys need a break and the snow should be awesome!!! I can't wait to snowboard again someday (I suck, but I love it).
Old 01-07-2008, 09:29 PM

Just popping in to say I you women!
Old 01-07-2008, 11:11 PM

nak

Julia, honey, you are not fat. You just made a person -- that takes a toll on your bod!

Rachel, congrats on getting some answers -- and being persistent in searching for them. Lucien is lucky to have you for his mama.

All of the pumping discussion is a bit nerve wracking. I haven't gone there yet, though I probably need to start soon. (Mostly I haven't 'cause my mother was rushing me to start. Way to be mature about it, huh?)

Right now I'm just hoping that someday soon, I will stop leaking like an old faucet!:
It is cosmically depressing to go through so many items of clothing in a day, plus breast pads/lilypadz/diaper inserts (FB inserts work nicely and don't look like you're trying to pad your bra, BTW). In this damp, grey PNW winter, that depressing feeling's multiplied by ten. Some days I feel like I'll never be warm or dry again!

Plus baby is soooooooo gassy and I can't. fix. it. That makes me feel so crappy! We're cutting out dairy, but it will take a few days to see results.
I've nearly forgotten how to be dairy free, it's been so long -- and the massive binge on Tofutti Cuties is probably not helping her. (What is it, 50% of dairy sensitive babes also can't do soy? Oh, I hope that's not her case!)

Well, enough venting. Big kids have done homework, and baby's about asleep -- time to get some dinner started.

Cher
mama to baby Z (12/10/07); loving aunt to N (8) and T (6)
Old 01-08-2008, 01:23 AM

I made a rookie mama mistake today.

Had to change a dipe at the doc's office. It was a massive, smelly, green mess (we did home made goat's milk formula this morning, which he loved- apparently it didn't love him!) Anyway there was no trash can in the exam room (this is a sposie, obviously), so I threw said dirty dipe in my purse, then in my car. Went to work.

Forgot to toss it at work.

Came back out to my warm-ish car at the end of the day.

:Puke

Put a few zip lock bags in the car to have on hand so this incident doesn't repeat itself!
Old 01-08-2008, 01:31 AM

HAhaha! Rachel, that is EXCELLENT.

I love smelly poo stories.

Dd was so funny tonight. She was fussy and so I told her to go and get her pj's and she did! Then I told her that if she was tired and ready for bed she should bring me her Goodnight book-- she did that too. Dh could not believe it.

Weird.

Then, she stayed up for half an hour saying, "doggy" - or at least trying to. Now she's awake (been about 45 mins since she went down) and she's sort of fussing with dh.

Oh to ski in the quiet snow with nobody around and just snow snow snow falling everywhere. Yay.
Old 01-08-2008, 02:04 AM

Rachel - you owe me one sleeping babe!!! I cracked up at your story and woke up DD who was napping in her mei tai... That was hilarious. You're nicer than me - I leave poopy diapers on the exam table at the ped's office. Figure they can handle it!

Sorry the formula didn't agree with him, though!

Jocelyn - sending you sleepy girl vibes!

Cher - I'm doing no dairy, soy, nuts, eggs, and anything that seems like it may cause gas. I added back wheat just day before yesterday. Oh please oh please let me have wheat!!! Yeah, it sucks to cut out the good stuff - soy broke my heart. I LOVE my soy.... I feel for you and gassy babe. I so admire mom's with more than one too. I'm still overwhelmed with just DD! DH made dinner tonight - yummy pizza with wheat-based 'sausage' and tomato/garlic sauce he made from scratch. Yum... Not that I ever cooked, but I don't think I could if I had to now!

Pie - I you women too!!! That made me smile, which also didn't wake DD up like Rachel's story.

Oh - found a house we're very interested in today. We've been watching it for a while. Nice size, pool, area we both like, kinda funky, which suits us. It popped off the market again (dropped before by $50K). Had our semi-realtor look into it and turns out it's up for "quick sale" hopefully for $100K less than the original asking price. Oh I hope this can be it - I'd so love to find a house that we can fit in rather than being crammed into this shoebox... It's come down enough that we may be able to swing a non-jumbo loan too... :

User Tag List