what is this rash - food allergy? Heat Rash? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-23-2003, 02:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
baby girl woke up this morning with raised bumps on her back near up to her neck line and over to the shoulder areas but not extending to the front. looks prickly and whelpy (is that a word?) but not raw.

No new detergents or anything. She did have a few green beans when we went out for dinner last night but she has never shown this reaction to them before (but the prior times - I had steamed fresh green beans and these were cooked by the restrnt.)

What do you think caused this rash? What should I put on it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2003, 09:54 PM

This may not apply, but the only raised rash my dd has had was from when I used a new lotion. It took a day to show up, but we quickly quit using the johnson's lavender lotion after that.
Old 08-24-2003, 04:13 AM

Was she hot last night? Long sleeve instead of short sleeve? Or maybe a cotton blend? Did the rash have raised dots that were pocky(is that a word?)? That would sound like prickly heat? But could be related to a virus also. Love, Kendra
Old 08-24-2003, 11:45 AM

My guess would be prickly heat because you said it looks prickly and because it's in one of the classic places for a heat rash. DS2 gets it in his neck all the time . Right now it's all over his face because every time he sleeps in the carseat (up against the bolster), his face breaks out again.

Lots of dry cool air will help it go away.

Charlotte, midwife to some awesome women, wife to Jason, and no longer a mama to all boys S reading.gif('01), A nut.gif ('03) S lol.gif ('08) and L love.gif ('10).

User Tag List