How to keep a 9 month old from standing up in the tub? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-24-2003, 05:09 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just the past few nights Max has tried (for his entire bath) to stand up in his tub. I have to hold him down to keep him from just pulling up and standing which makes washing him difficult. Is there anything I can do about this? At 9 months I think he is too little for any sort of discipline that he will actually understand. I cant just take him out (as in ending the fun) because he wont get that that is what I am doing. He doesnt mind getting out when the bath is over.

Is it just time to stop using the baby tub and put him in the regular tub with not much water? When did you all transition from the baby tub to regular tub? The only reasons I havent are to save water and also because it is so much easier to rinse his hair because he can recline.

Any thoughts, advice?

Thanks --
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2003, 11:14 AM

By 4-6 months I was using the regular tub, however, it was while I was in it too. **** save water because we bath together. I had a good rubber bathmat in the tub, and let her stand up all she wanted since she was hemmed in pretty well by me.

Not much help here, sorry.
Old 08-24-2003, 12:31 PM

We always just shower with our infants and toddlers- so of course they stand in the tub.

So I would just let him stand in the big tub. Of course we don't wash hair that often, although they do stand in the water of the shower and get wet usually. They also will usually let me wash their hair at the sink with the sprayer hose.
Old 08-24-2003, 05:53 PM

I stopped using the baby bath tub when dd was 5 or 6 months old and didn't like to recline anymore. She wanted to sit up and see everything. I bought a bath ring for her to use in the big tub because she wasnt' sitting up by herself consistently. She outgrew that in no time! Now she is almost 10 months old and for the last month or two, she has ended her bath standing up. Sometimes, she stands for the entire time! She likes crawling around in the tub to get her toys too. I don't bathe with her. Sometimes, her big sister will, though. HTH.
Old 08-25-2003, 01:14 AM

I got a hand-me-down bath tub seat from my SIL - it's blue and I think it's made by Safety 1st. I used it with both of my kids for quite a while. I like it especially because I often put ds#2 (now 16 months) in the "foot" of the tub and he plays with toys in the seat while I shower. Then when I'm done, I take him out of the seat & he sits in my lap while I wash him off.

User Tag List