September 07 mamas - It's February! Will you be my Valentine? - Page 16 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-29-2008, 07:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by beemama View Post
I think I had a miscarriage.. it was an early one, like 5 weeks... but I feel so guilty that it even happened. I had several days of VERY heavy bleeding in the middle of a 9 day period. It was scary, I kept checking my gums to see if they looked pale. I was so afraid to go to the hosp. because the OB on call is the dr i ditched to have a homebirth.
I am so sorry! My dh has his vasectomy scheduled for 3/14. I hope it goes easily.

Wendi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-29-2008, 07:10 PM

I hope you all don't feel pressure about my co-op. I was just sharing. I am a notorious thread killer so it cracked me up that I killed my own co-op thread.
Wendi
Old 02-29-2008, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkihoi View Post
What bottles do you use ladies, for those of you that have to use them. Or do I just go right to some sort of sippy cup? or just stick with the Haberman?
Hi! Nice to see you We have used the Dr. Brown's bottles from the beginning of bottle use and never, ever had a problem. I can't give DS a bottle though, he won't take it from me, so when we're home and he's eating, I give him a sippy cup with water so he can drink while he eats. We were using Gerber ones, but it wasn't working well and the Take N' Toss ones (that I wash) are wonderful though they leak in the diaper bag (and super cheap - always a plus).

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommajb View Post
A good friend of mine is ttc and poas tomorrow morning. I can't wait to hear from her. I think I will cry tears of happiness.

Okay, I just found this smiley and it reminded me. We went to a dinner on Saturday and everyone looked so good. Except me. Downright adorable. Except me. I tried to clean up but I don't even remember how to do my hair and makeup so in went the jaw clip and on went the lip balm. I own black dress pants in size 6, 8, 10, 12, and 16. Guess what size I need. Yep, 14. I wore jeans and a green t-shirt, a mamma's milk pouch that co-ordinated and Linus. Then Helen had a melt down while he was nursing, he pulled off exposing me though I didn't notice because I was consoling Helen. I am such a mess some days.
to your friend. How exciting. I can't believe how many times I POAS when we conceived Marty...the last test I had in the house was the positive one. I am not a patient person and waiting for the right number of days afterward was killing me!

I hear ya on the fashion...I look like heck today, but I feel that way too, so I guess it fits. I feel so frumpy these days and like my clothes wear me. Someone called me skinny the other day and I almost fell over - don't you need a waist to be skinny???

Quote:
Originally Posted by beemama View Post
I think I had a miscarriage.. it was an early one, like 5 weeks... but I feel so guilty that it even happened. I had several days of VERY heavy bleeding in the middle of a 9 day period. It was scary, I kept checking my gums to see if they looked pale. I was so afraid to go to the hosp. because the OB on call is the dr i ditched to have a homebirth.
I'm so sorry. That is upsetting, but you shouldn't feel guilty about it. You couldn't have done anything to make that happen intentionally. We are going through the same problems with BC though I am on the mini pill at present. My migraines are getting really bad thoguh, so I don't know how much longer that will continue. It is frustrating because DH and I just got back into GIO very recently and the babe will be 8 months in 2 days Vasectomy seems like the answer to me and is less invasive than having a ligation...if DH is willing to do it, then I would let him - just MHO. Regardless to you mama, I am sure you are sad.

Today just sucks. I feel like crap and don't know why. I woke up praying to the porcelain god for no good reason...I have a killer headache and it is making me so nauseous. I think it is my sinuses. I've taken some Advil and allergy medicine to try and help, but I've got cold sweats and the chills. Ugh...I so don't have time for this. I feel complaining because there are so many mamas on here dealing with so much worse, but this just stinks. Thankfully DS has been pretty sweet today, albeit high maintenance and clingy, but there's nothing more in the world I want to do than cuddle with him, so if he's open to it, I'm game. He actually let me lay with him for an hour and nap - I was in heaven. I miss that so much!

to everyone who is sick and to all the sad mommies. This month is nearly over...it is a leap year, maybe this whole February was just a fluke. Here's to a better March!!

, Jessica :

Jessica - I my guys!! DH Marty (4-22-06) DS Marty (7-2-07) DS Anderson (4-12-10)
Mighty-Mama
Old 02-29-2008, 08:34 PM

Lactivist, I editted mt previous post to say that I would not stress. Nothing, not even my fingers, works anymore. I feel no pressure. I am limited (by me) to one carrier of a type. As I have a mai tei I cannot have another. Unless it is somehow different?

So sorry about the miscarriage beemama.

Dp wants a vasectomy and keeps telling me how old and stressed I am but I just cannot make that decision. He is however doing great things for my self-confidence. : Maybe if I would get back in shape, perk up, and calm down he would change his mind? At least I know he won't make that decision w/o me or against my wishes.

I hope tomorrow is better Jessica. :

You don’t owe them an explanation, just a response.
Old 03-01-2008, 02:13 AM - Thread Starter

We had a long, busy day today. We had to go to the PX on post about an hour and a half away and get last minute things for Andrew that were on his supply list for BOLC2. Then we went to the mall and got a Garmin GPS system for the car and I got a cell phone. I got rid of mine a long time ago and was using Andrew's, since we don't do the ground line thing it was time to get one. The GPS is for Andrew on his long drive to Oklahoma next week, he is notorious for getting lost.

You ever have one of those intuition moments where you know something isn't right, well I had one of those today at the mall. I was in the restroom changing Liam's diaper, and these two teenage girls were in there as well. One came over and starting talking to Liam on the changing table, which doesn't bother me because everybody does it. Then she started asking really weird questions, going into her life story, etc. I got the feeling she was trying to distract me. My purse was on the opposite side of me and I noticed the other girl behind me kind of going to that side. I turned around and looked at her and she moved away. Then the girl talking to me asked if she could hold Liam (!!!!) I just kind of laughed and told her no and got the heck out of there as fast as I could. I have a feeling they were either trying to get my purse or something more sinister but who knows, we left the mall after that.

nikkihoi

jbirdbrain - Yay for rolling over!

lactivist - I would love to do the co-op but I just don't have the funds right now after blowing all of that money today. I'm sure you will have more people coming along soon.

beemama - I'm so sorry. Be gentle with yourself. I know all about the BC issues, I'm against the hormonal ones as well and I haven't had a PP period yet (knock on wood) so we're relying on that. I've been charting as well but my CM and temp is all over the place so not at all reliable right now.

mrsb - Sending you non-sick vibes, I hope you're able to get some rest and feel better soon.

Well, Liam is here bouncing like a mad man in his exersaucer and Andrew passed out pretty much as soon as we got home so I think its time for bed for me as well.

ribbonyellow.gif Army wife ribbonyellow.gif - Mama to Liam waterbirth.jpg (9/07), Laine uc.jpg (5/09), and Eliza h20homebirth.gif (7/11)

Old 03-01-2008, 02:43 AM

I'm fuming ladies! I might as well look like

2 very long sleepless nights. DH is schedule to work till 8pm tonight. I text him around 7:30 with a small list of things to pick up at the store, as I'm trying to get DS to sleep, you know, the baby we have that hasn't really slept in 2 days? He texts me back ok, he's wrapped earlier and is going to meet a friend for a beer and burger. I don't text back. DS goes down hard and has been down ever since. I've been trying to sleep since 9 pm. Hardly loose conscience, that so tired now I can't even go to sleep mode, I guess. The first night in I don't know how long DS hasn't made a peep. At 11:00pm I get a text that dh is on his way home (he's about 45 mins away). I'm so POed!
And this is So unlike him. So now I'm awake b/c I'm so mad and it's been few hours since a feeding so I'm pumping right now in the freezing cold kitchen:. I bet the baby is going to wake up any second too.
I'm I crazy to be angry here? I mean, it feels like dh took a advantage of an opportunity and decided without talking to me to go out tonight? He hasn't seen this friend since the birth but come on dude. I couldn't form a sentence today.
BTW, I text him back "must have been some burger".

SAHM and loving it with DH, DS (8/4/2007) and DS (10/10/2010)
Old 03-01-2008, 12:57 PM

Started a March Thread

Nicole - )0( unschooling mama to Lilahblahblah.gif (12/21/05) and Cianwild.gif (9/21/07) as well as 3 dog2.gif 2 cat.gif,  4 rats, chicken3.gif and ducks

Old 03-05-2008, 07:07 PM

Hi september mamas! I got a request for an update on Charlie, so I thought I'd just post to the whole thread. I didn't see a march one, so hopefully you all are still reading this one. LOL

Charlie is 5 months old today! (LOL I just realized). She's still very delayed, but she's coming along nicely. She's just started to smile a little bit and she's waving her arms around and trying to bat her toys. She's starting to make good eye contact (which goes hand in hand with the smiling I think) and she's wanting to sit up more so she can watch everything going on. She's still very floppy like a newborn, but she's gradually gaining more neck and trunk strength. The last evaluation put her at birth to one month, but I think she's more like 4-6 weeks now.

She's still 100% tube-fed (and still 100% mama's milk, I'm proud to say) and she still has to be suctioned frequently, but she's receiving speech therapy and we hope to start working on feeding soon. Her last EEG came back almost completely normal and we're hopeful that she'll be able to come off the phenobarb soon. Although she's still having some seizure-like activity, so we have to wait another month and for another EEG to see. We think once she's off the phenobarb, she will make more progress. The meds just make her very sleepy and sluggish. She moves slowly like she's underwater. We still don't have any idea what her capabilities will be. An MRI in a few months will be able to tell us what areas of her brain were affected and what she might have issues with (although it won't be able to tell us if she will be able to overcome those areas of damage or not).

Everyone is hopeful she will be just fine, but the reality is, she will probably have many disabilities, it's just a matter of time to see what she can and can't do.

I'm not on the internet much because I don't have internet at home, but if it's been a while and anybody's curious, give me a shout and remind me to update. Things just get kind of crazy with 20+ medical appointments every month. LOL
Old 03-05-2008, 07:26 PM

Bandgeek, that is some update. Thank you for coming in to share it. What a long 5 months you must have had. 100% breastmilk and pumping at that - Wow! You sound so upbeat, I hope you are being taken care of also. and : to your family and sweet Charlie.

You don’t owe them an explanation, just a response.
Old 03-06-2008, 04:51 PM

Bandgeek I was thinking of you and Charlie just this week. I am so glad to hear this update. I think things will much improve when you get her off the phenobarb. I have seen it before. You are doing such a great job. Can i post your update to the March thread?
Wendi

User Tag List