September 07 mamas - It's February! Will you be my Valentine? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 460 Old 02-01-2008, 10:50 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well we've made it to February, I figured I would start the new thread for all of us! Let's try and make this a positive month for all!

ribbonyellow.gif Army wife ribbonyellow.gif - Mama to Liam waterbirth.jpg (9/07), Laine uc.jpg (5/09), and Eliza h20homebirth.gif (7/11)

#2 of 460 Old 02-01-2008, 10:54 AM - Thread Starter

(x-posted from January thread)

Good morning.

The snow has started here, there is a severe weather warning between 9am today and 5am Saturday. Andrew has to drive 2 1/2 hours later this afternoon to go to drill for the weekend, I'm really worried because the route he has to take just had a 10 car pileup last weekend because of the snow. I'm going to make him call his unit and found out what they plan to do and if they're forcing people to come in despite the weather, it would be pretty ridiculous if they are (But I wouldn't put it past the Army )

Plaid Leopard - I'm sorry your SIL doesn't share more with you. I was pregnant with my brother's girlfriend, and while it was nice to be around someone going through the same things our ideas about pregnancy and birth are completely different. She's 20 and has three children all under the age of four and had c-sections with all of them, she admits that she never educated herself about childbirth and just went along with her doctor on everything. I was able to help her with breastfeeding for the first time but she only made it 3 weeks

Sunshine - I have nights like that pretty often. It stinks when everybody else is sleeping and you SHOULD be sleeping too but wide awake.

ribbonyellow.gif Army wife ribbonyellow.gif - Mama to Liam waterbirth.jpg (9/07), Laine uc.jpg (5/09), and Eliza h20homebirth.gif (7/11)

#3 of 460 Old 02-01-2008, 11:01 AM

Just me...

STILL AWAKE.....

Dp even woke up late and left.....he's usually up and out the door by 715 (work starts at 830 but he likes to get in early on fridays so he can leave a tad early) but he was up and out the door around 815....

DD1 is always my early riser and she is STILL sleeping...

L is sound asleep after a marathon nursing session where she was on and off and on and off and on and off....She is clutching her green chewy frog from Target (MUST FIND ANOTHER FOR JUST IN CASE BUT MY TARGET IS SOLD OUT...DARN $1 SPOT)....it's sweet...I'd take a pic to share but our camera battery is dead dead dead and we don't have $20 for a new battery right now.....rent is due today...I've missed out on 2weeks of pictures....So sad.....

I'll be yer Valentine Katie!!!

Gonna go wake dd1 soon....so she'll go to bed before 10 tonight!

Yay for a good month! It's my BIRTHDAY month!!!!
#4 of 460 Old 02-01-2008, 11:35 AM

It snowed! This means it's a hot chocolate kinda day. Dang. I don't have whipped cream or marshmallows for that matter. Ah well, naked hot chocolate is just as good.

My 2 year wedding anniversary is in 2 weeks. eep! I still haven't gotten a present for DH and I have no idea what to get him. (Though I suspect he got me a ring because his work called looking for him the other day to let him know that the ring he ordered was in... hmmm, I say, hmmm)

I know I really have to get my butt in gear researching vaccines because DD's 6 month appointment is in a month and a half so yeah, need to get on that. At least her doctor is being way cool about this.

I'm hoping that this month is a better month. I need something really awesome to happen. That would be very shiny. Hopefully I can actually get out of the house more than just trips to the grocery w/MIL. Social things that don't involve DH's best friend. (ugh.) And there's a Curious George Exhibit at the Children's Museum so that should be fun. Who loves curious little monkeys? I know I do. :-)
#5 of 460 Old 02-01-2008, 11:47 AM

Okay, I've had a cup of coffee.

Sunshine~ I have bouts of insomnia, too. We're in lean times, as well. I keep thinking February is going to be GREAT!

Ru has been doing that ONOFFONOFFONFF thing as well as clawing/clutching my breasts & it is so hard not to yell "OWWWCH" when she catches me by surprise. Why are you not supposed to do that, again?

I'm using a necklace my mom gave me 15 years ago as a nursing necklace and I love it, but don't wear it at night.

Katie~ hope he gets a snow day!

plaid leopard~ I'm sorry, too.. I want somebody in my family to go through this with . I don't even think I saw my SIL once when she was pg with either of her girls. My sister wants to have children soon & I know she is going to do all of the things I wouldn't do, she's an OR tech and she really believes in western medicine. I hope that I'll still get to share my beliefs/reasoning with her even tho we're 1000 miles apart. In a supportive way, of course.

mommajb~ Yes, I'm with you on that. They really should add it. I am so relieved that you AND plaid leopard have had the urge to flee. I know I would never get far, but I had the urge to get on a train yesterday! I've had the urge lots in my day & before kids I would find a way to travel when I did. Now I get the itch to leave more than ever but it takes a freak out for me to think I can't stop myself from it. I may see if I can get away for a weekend w/ruby, take the train to chicago. It makes me feel good just to think of it.

I think lily has rsv, i'm going to have to do some research... she's very raspy but still wants to play so I'm not too worried but I don't know much about it.

YAY, dh called & the museum is closed! He's coming home w/pay!!!

February is starting off in a good way!
Kelly
#6 of 460 Old 02-01-2008, 11:50 AM

kurumi sophia~ I heart monkeys of all types! enjoy your cocoa
#7 of 460 Old 02-01-2008, 01:14 PM

What fun at the Children's Museum...

I have thoughts about fleeing too but currently, I wish to flee from my almost 4 year old who thinks she's 16.....taking baby with me....

Speaking of......she's fussin like mad so I need to jet and lay on the floor with her to chit chat.....

She's watching this cute toy a friend gave dd1 when she was tiny. It's an apple with a leafy top that you push down....when you push it down, the leafy top rises and the connector is a yellow "worm" with a cute face on it.....It makes her giggle....

I'm still awake and super duper tired............
#8 of 460 Old 02-01-2008, 02:03 PM

Happy February!
I have an appt today with the dental hygenist. (I haven't flossed since...what year is this? We got 8 inches of snow last night - I imagine the roads are pretty scary. Luckily DH is off today, so i'm going to make him drive. But we need to leave in a little over an hour. And he's still asleep. So I guess *I* have to get three kids (and myself) dressed, fed, ready to go, and make a grocery list, and I should put our snowpants in the car "just in case". In an hour. Yeah right.
First things first, though - I'm going to get some coffee.

Here's to a good months

Mama to three  
#9 of 460 Old 02-01-2008, 02:19 PM

Yes! I finally caught this thread before it got to be 20 pages long!!!

I have been sporadically keeping up with the other threads but since going back to work, everything has been CRAZY! Hooray for Snow Days!:

It sounds like everyone's little ones are doing very well for the most part, aside from the many ups and downs of life.

Ezri will be 6 months old on Feburary 11th and I can't believe it! I'm going through her diapers to start putting away or selling them and I was almost in tears looking at her preemie-sized covers. She's around 13 lbs. now and just the happiest girl! She smiles all the time and even has a "friend" at daycare that she plays with. She's already an independent little thing - insists on "standing" or sitting up all the time, though she can't do either on her own just yet.

Happy February everyone!:

Wife to DH (September '05) and mama to energy.gifEzri (August '07), superhero.gif Oz (April '09) and slingboy.gif Ezekiel (August '11).

#10 of 460 Old 02-01-2008, 02:32 PM

Hi Frida - nice to hear from you. Glad to hear Ezri is doing well. Y is a little over 4 months old and I feel like I can hardly remember when he was a newborn.

Quote:
jeaninevp922
Happy February!
I have an appt today with the dental hygienist. (I haven't flossed since...what year is this? ) We got 8 inches of snow last night - I imagine the roads are pretty scary. Luckily DH is off today, so i'm going to make him drive. But we need to leave in a little over an hour. And he's still asleep. So I guess *I* have to get three kids (and myself) dressed, fed, ready to go, and make a grocery list, and I should put our snowpants in the car "just in case". In an hour. Yeah right.
First things first, though - I'm going to get some coffee.
See this is why my husband can't understand why I stress so much about outings and trips. He's asleep, or outside smoking, or at work while I am running around getting everything together. Sometimes I feel like screaming that no, the breakfast and snacks didn't make themselves and not all the kids got dressed by themselves and the clothes didn't wash themselves and the diaper bag didn't pack itself... gah

sunshine-hope you are not too tired today after being up all night

bee- I hope Lily doesn't have rsv.

It started snowing a couple of hours ago and ther's already an inch piled up. Not sure I will get to go into town tomorrow for some mom time.
#11 of 460 Old 02-01-2008, 02:44 PM

Oh yes_
::::H APPY FEBRUARY ::
:
::
#12 of 460 Old 02-01-2008, 02:54 PM

Hey all! Happy February! It's going to be a better month. Here is my update.

After not getting any sleep the night before and have a terrible morning I got Eavan to nap and got some perspective. I realized I couldn't just wait until the naturopath visit or for him to go to school. I needed to do something now that would make a big difference. I decided that Eavan needed some mommy time that wasn't full of stress and yelling. When Jenabe got home yesterday I told him that he was watching Dahlia and I was taking Eavan out. We went to the mall and did the build a bear thing and the toy store, candy store and then went to my friend's house (that absolutely adores Eavan) and had the best time. There was no yelling, no stress, just good fun times. He was really wound up when he got home and it took almost 2 hours to get him to sleep but even that was alright.

It helped me so much just to do something proactive and give him some fun mommy time. I have been such a nightmare recently that he really needed that. I think we both feel much less stress today. I just want my little man to be happy and not feel like he is constantly making his mom mad.

Jenabe also got another lead on a local Montessori so I will be calling them today and checking things out. I finally feel like there is some light at the end of the tunnel and it isn't a train. Just finally admitting what was going on and asking for help has really relieved some pressure.

Thank you all for being there for me, it means the world!

So things are already looking up for February. I am going to Target soon and will keep my eyes open for a little soft frog in the dollar spot.

I also get the "i have to run far and fast" feeling when I am depressed. After I moved here I would sit and rock Eavan to sleep and fantasize about driving away and starting a new life. I knew things were getting bad then.

I have hope today! I also laughed loud and hard when I saw my ddddc some one got me for sure! Although I have to say Plaid's is a little more beautiful to look at. Mine is accurate for sure. Thank you all for being my friends.

Fridaxy it is so nice to see you posting. Gotta go hang out with my kids.
Wendi
#13 of 460 Old 02-01-2008, 02:57 PM

i will keep up this month!!!

so, we're having a new deck installed on our little fourplex, and it's the most horrible racket. i know ro won't sleep through it! so we're going on adventures today so maybe she'll sleep in the wrap.

she's completely obsessed with sitting up and with catching her toes. she wants both so badly. consistently rolling over is not a priority any more. she doesn't care. she wants to sit up.

we're going hardcore into the no cry sleep solution next week as bedtimes have been awful lately. once she's asleep, she's usually good for a few hours, but it's getting her to sleep. so we just decided, you know what, we'll do it, and it will work. positive thinking.

i can't believe my little girl will be five months on monday.

she and i leave for rhode island in two weeks, and then after a week there with my parents, we head to ireland for her christening. dh will meet us in ireland. none of dh's family have met her besides his parents. all of his extended family in ireland is SO excited.

oh, and ro has discovered the cat....much to the cat's horror.

Lindsay + Trev = DD RóisÃ*n (9/07) & DS Ãamonn (7/2010)
#14 of 460 Old 02-01-2008, 03:05 PM

Afternoon...

Still awake...amazingly though, I am not tired????? (quizzical look on face...)

My friend is on her way to take us for lunch. DD was asking for her bc I let her get mac and cheese when we are out with said friend bc it's a special thing (i refuse to pay for something out that i can make at home for a buck a box...).....so I told her she was coming and she said..." OMG, I NEED to go get ready....brush my hair, find my socks...which shoes to wear with my jeans with pink on them....." It was pretty hilarious but just reaffirms my almost 4yo thinks she's 16...heehee

L did a tripod sit today for a few seconds and then rolled to the side....it was pretty funny too bc she laughed the entire time. Grr...not having camera battery......

Currently she is wearing the nb/s kissaluv contours I have...they were too big when she was new and JUST fit now so I figure we have about a month left in them.....they make her butt look soo cute....I cut off a bunch of cheap onsies for tshirts (hemmed em)....

I am over my Bravado Classic bras....just not enough support. I have a practically new S+ black one and a GUC M+ white one....may put them up on the TP....the black is supportive enough but too small around....the white is not supportive enough but just right around...can't win...

DD is flipping out over being itchy all of a sudden.....her shoes are making her itchy but she's had them awhile now....grrr....OMG....ITCHY......what?

I have a pretty girly MT too that I may put up on the TP as well...the straps just aren't long enough around for me (i like em really long)....It was a custom for me and it's soooo pretty and it's reversible to boot....:sad but I need something that works. :sad

Jeanine: Champagne glass in the am eh?? Was there OJ in it???

Bee: Crossin my fingers it's not RSV. L would get raspy for a bit there when she had her cold....

Fridaxsky: Holy Canoli......6 months??? WAY TOO FAST!!! I kept one preemie cover...it's pretty sage green...the rest are put up until I decide if I am going to sell them or not bc everything is so cute and tiny.....L is pretty miss independent too....

Ok, my friend just called and said she is a few minutes out so I am going to go see what's up with dd's itchyness and tie my hair back.....I just washed it last night but I must not have gotten all the conditioner out bc it looks a bit dirty....OK, she had dirty socks on...ones she walked outside in the rain in.....
#15 of 460 Old 02-01-2008, 03:26 PM

Hi Everyone. Great news! I'm not barging in with the latest horror story of Oscar being cranky! Well, he does have a double ear infection and bronchitis, but he's happier than he's ever been (that should tell you something ). He has undergone some kind of big change and is just a happier baby now. He's NORMAL, AVERAGE. Yay for that. He fusses when he's tired or hungry or has some other need, but for the past little while he's also been able to have quiet and happy times. This is awesome. Thanks for all of your support!

Oscar has just passed the 6-month mark, and we've started solids. Well, sort of. We handed him a stick of sweet potato. He didn't eat it of course.

Here are some pictures:
http://jemm.dyndns.org/firstfood/

Enjoy!

4 kids under 10
#16 of 460 Old 02-01-2008, 03:42 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you Sunshine

Fridaxsky - Ezri is getting so big! Thank you for coming to give us an update!

Lactivist - I'm glad you're having a better day today! It sounds like you had a fun outing with Eaven yesterday.

No such luck for Andrew to get a snow day. It's starting to sleet and he's home getting his stuff together, they even sent him home from work because of the weather. He called about it but they said "Yep, still having drill. Just drive carefully" :

I'm still in search of longies for Liam, he's at such a weird size right now that I'm kind of afraid of buying a pair and not having them fit for very long. I should probably just buy them a little bigger and let him grow into them.

Last night we talked to my BIL again. We came up with a plan for visiting him before he gets deployed that I hope will work for everybody. Toward the end of Feb. we're going to take a trip to Maine, and his brother is going to meet us there. That way we can see the aunts and uncles and great grandparents and get it all out of the way. It will probably mean that I'll have to see my MIL because they will no doubt travel there when everyone else is there, but hopefully she knows better than to start drama in front of her family and that the visit isn't about her.

#17 of 460 Old 02-01-2008, 03:51 PM - Thread Starter

leanbh - I hope NCSS works well for you, we're finally getting bedtimes figured out over here and sleep is going much better, although he still loves his early mornings. Your trip sounds exciting!

sanguine_speed - Yay, that is fantastic news! I'm so glad he's doing better, everybody always says that 6 months seems to be the magic number. The picture of him wiping sweet potato on the wall is priceless

#18 of 460 Old 02-01-2008, 04:47 PM

Sunshine: Ooh.. I've been thinking about getting a MT. I have an Onuhimbo (sp?) that I love but I trired on an MT at a local meetup of AP mamas and I LOVED it. Let me know if you put it on the TP.

Sanguine: Great news! I had seen a few of your earlier posts - I can't even imagine what you've been through. You're such a strong mama!

Katie: I've been buying longies lately too - go for the bigger sizes! I'm finding that even the stuff that looks HUGE on Ezri - with a bit of rolling up or down, can be made to fit for now. This way, we'll still get some use out of them next fall/winter - helps me to justify why I keep buying more! BTW - Liam is such a cutie!

Wife to DH (September '05) and mama to energy.gifEzri (August '07), superhero.gif Oz (April '09) and slingboy.gif Ezekiel (August '11).

#19 of 460 Old 02-01-2008, 04:56 PM

Sanguine it is so great to hear from you (no matter what kind of update). It is a bonus to hear such a great update. Oscar is DARLING! Oh my the pictures of him eating are so wonderful. You have been through so much you really deserve to get a break and just enjoy him. Glad you are still around and things are looking up!
Wendi
#20 of 460 Old 02-01-2008, 05:18 PM

Sanguine: the pics are adorable! Glad Oscar is feeling better.

I'm still feeling kinda lost on this whole motherhood thing... anyone else? Chaya is a bit over 4 months and we are so set on no sleep training, no CIO. Well, I am at least. DH keeps telling me "We have to show her who's in charge." I mean, the child doesn't nap, and the past few nights have been worse than normal regarding her sleep. Sigh. And what is letting her cry alone going to teach her?

We finally made it to lap sits! This week we've been hitting the whole circuit, Wed, Thurs, and Friday!

She protects her giggles like they're a secret, but it's becoming easier to get her to laugh. No real interest in rolling over. She does it, but not so much. LOVES to stand.

Her poop has been green since before 4 weeks old, I cannot figure out if it's lactose, food, whatever. I think we're going to see a homeopath for some energy testing.

breastfeeding: we going to go at least a year, but I was planning on 2, maybe more. I'll let her tell me. Or another pregnancy

Moving: we might be moving to Wisconsin. It was 40 BELOW last Thursday. 40 BELOW! How do you people in cold climates do it?!? We live were it's 115F in the summer, and maaaaaaybe 30F on cold nights here in the winter. Anyone have a recommendation for a family car good in the snow? I'm thinking an Outback.

Car accident: Chaya and I were on our way up to Sacramento and we were clobbered by a kid getting off the night shift at UPS. According to the insurance, my car is a "Total Loss." I was hysterical after the accident, I could only think "OMG. My baby!" It was almost a hit and run but the kid must have thought better than to do so right in front of his place of employment. I called 911 immediately and the police didn't come out?!

4 months to go till my B.S. Enology is in my hot little hands...

My babies were born at home! 09/07, 01/10, and 09/12 joy.gif

#21 of 460 Old 02-01-2008, 05:48 PM

Katie – Thanks for posting the new thread! I hope Andrew is ok in the snow. I do NOT do snow – it terrifies me, so I totally understand your worry. It is freezing rain here and getting very slippery. I hate winter! I’m so glad you worked it out with your BIL. Hopefully this makes everyone happier

Sunshine’s Mama – Happy Birthday month! It is a good month…my mom and DH were both born this month (Mom today and DH the 3rd). on DD’s itchiness…sorry, its not funny, but it kinda is. My lil’ sis had a thing about buttons when we were growing up – they made her itchy too and she refused to wear anything with buttons. I thought my mom was going to lose it!

Kurimi Sophia – A Curious George exhibit sounds wonderful! I have to look in the local happenings in our local news or something. We never take DS to anything fun and he is getting old enough to appreciate things so I need to get my butt in gear.

Kelly – Hopefully Ruby will stop the clawing/scratching soon. Shortly after I complained on here about DS doing that, and got a nursing necklace, he decided it was time to be gentle with mama again…thank goodness!

Jeanine – Good luck at the dentist (my least fave place to go). Drive carefully – 8” is a lot!

Frida – Happy February to you too!

Wendi – I’m so glad you found hope . That was Mighty-Mama’s “word” if you will. Her last birthday cake even said hope on it. She would have been proud of you, as we all are; what you are doing is difficult and you should be proud of yourself

Lindsay - about the cat. DS is in love with our dog. My dog feels your cat’s pain!

Sanguine Speed – I’m so glad Oscar is happier! That is wonderful for all of you. Is that a full shirt bib in your pictures?? That has to be the greatest invention on the planet! Where did you find such a thing?

Faliciagayle – I’m with you on the CIO phenomenon – don’t do it. I have my mom and DH saying the same thing all the time and I just refuse. I tell DH that since he never gets up with DS he doesn’t get a say so just shut up! I know, I should be nicer, but it really gets me when people advocate CIO. How could that possibly be ok or suggested? I just don’t get it. I’m so sorry about your car accident, but am glad you are both ok. How scary. I’m glad the kid did the right thing though and I’m sure you are too. As for cars in the snow, I don’t advocate that (personally). I’m one of those horrible SUV drivers though so I’m just going to leave it at that. A larger car with AWD is your best bet.

Well I went to the store and picked up DS’ medicine for his nebulizer today. I can’t even believe I have this noisy piece of medical equipment in my home. It makes me so I just hope and pray that this doesn’t turn into some sort of long-term lung problem or asthma. I don’t think I could ever forgive myself. That is reason alone to stop working, huh? I did call the daycare center today though and spoke with one of the owners about the problems I’ve been having with the teachers in the infant room. I didn’t yell or lose my cool (so proud) and just had an adult, professional conversation with him about it. He was very reassuring that they would speak to the women in the room and thanked me a hundred times for letting him know what was going on. I feel better now and just hope that things get better.

I just gave DS the first nebulizer treatment about an hour ago as he was falling asleep and I am happy to report that he is sleeping so soundly with no coughing. I guess it could be a good thing. He certainly needs the rest (and so do I).

Here’s to a new month, a new start, and lots of good things for lots of good mamas!

I love you all! XOXO Jessica

Jessica - I my guys!! DH Marty (4-22-06) DS Marty (7-2-07) DS Anderson (4-12-10)
Mighty-Mama
#22 of 460 Old 02-01-2008, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fridaxsky View Post
Sunshine: Ooh.. I've been thinking about getting a MT. I have an Onuhimbo (sp?) that I love but I trired on an MT at a local meetup of AP mamas and I LOVED it. Let me know if you put it on the TP.
I will....I love ONBU's......so handy when they are bigger. I'll let ya know and post a pic of it...It's sooooo pretty........ Just wish the straps were longer. She made me two and one has the longer straps and one normal length so I don't reach for that one....

It looks like it's snowing out but when you step outside and it's iceballs.....

We went to lunch with my friend and had a nice time....server ate L up...thought she was so cute in her little hat (that used to be mine 32 years ago....lol)....She gummed and scraped her two teeth against a breadstick and that kept her happy......

AND THEN....

She grabbed a HUGE pickle round and held it and shoved it partly in her mouth and happily sucked away.....It was pretty funny.....her big sister did the same thing around the same age.

falicia: we have a "secret" giggler here too...i almost went to college in Wisconsin but didn't bc I visited in mid January......:::

sanguine: so nice to hear from you.....Oscar looks pretty happy with that sweet potato!!!

lactivist: YAY FOR A NICE DAY!! I think Goose and I need a just mommy out day....I've had that starting a new life thing recently bc I am not getting much help and it's rough....but the dream keeps me afloat for now.....Just dream of me and the girlies back on the island I used to live on, watching them frolic in the sand and Gulf.....

Ok, Goose is in the kitchen doing something as I can hear her........so I need to check and see what's up....L is asleep in her moses basket bc she still fits in it for now.....not carry around fit but lay in fit
#23 of 460 Old 02-01-2008, 05:57 PM

Sanguine- What great news! I'm so happy to hear that Oscar is happier. That must be such a relief. I love the pictures!

Feliciagayle - could Chaya's not napping and sleep problems be teething related? The green poop (and sleep issues) could be an allergy or intolerance to something you are eating. Have you tried eliminating dairy, soy, chocolate...? I'm glad you and Chaya were not ibjured in the accident!

Wendi I'm so glad you had a good day with Eaven and you are feeling better.

Yann was pretty fussy this evening while I was trying to make dinner, so I put him in the wrap. He just got more and more fussy, until he was really crying hard. I finally realized that his arm was caught in the wrap so that his wrist was bent in a weird way. Luckily he stopped crying as soon as I pulled his arm out and his wrist is ok.
#24 of 460 Old 02-01-2008, 05:59 PM

Sanguine: Those pics are adorable! So glad Oscar is happier these days.

Wendi: Your quality time with your son sounds great! I'm looking forward to when Otto is old enough to do those sorts of things (although, I am of course treasuring right now!)

Leanbh: We just got NCSS as well. Haven't started it yet, but I am also hopeful! Let us know how things go. Oh, and I am super jealous of the Ireland trip.

I am so looking forward to this weekend...it will (hopefully!!) be the first weekend in 3 that Otto is not sick! Yay! That and I am getting my hair done (changing colors again) and that's always fun.

Mama to Otto (9/07) and expecting Greta (EDD 6/13)  familybed2.giffemalesling.GIFnocirc.giflactivist.gif

#25 of 460 Old 02-01-2008, 06:06 PM

i missed a whole bunch of ppl so i will bbs.......
#26 of 460 Old 02-01-2008, 06:20 PM

what sunshine's mama said.

It took me all day to realize why the old thread was so quiet.

You don’t owe them an explanation, just a response.
#27 of 460 Old 02-01-2008, 07:22 PM - Thread Starter

Well Andrew left a couple of hours ago for drill He's going to call me from his hotel when he gets there to let me know he's okay. So far so good though, Liam just woke up from a nap on the couch and is playing in his exersaucer and grinning at me.

Falicia- So glad you and DD are okay!

mrsb - I hope DS is feeling better soon, I remember my brother using a nebulizer as a kid and they're not much fun.

Sunshine - My house is getting hit my iceballs right now too, I can here them in the fireplace chimney.

#28 of 460 Old 02-01-2008, 09:12 PM

Felicia, sorry about the accident. I can't believe another one of our moms was in a car accident. Glad you're all fine.

I went to the dentist today. First cavity of my life I guess that Aili used too much of my calcium during pregnancy. The dentist said that it wasn't too bad, so no filling; he'll just keep an eye on it.

We didn't get the house Dh and I were dreaming of what life would be like in that house. He was planning on finishing the basement and I had visions of snuggling on the couch in front of the fireplace and reading to Aili, seeing her learn to walk on those floors . . . oh well. Its price was at the high end of our budget, so now we're thinking, get a house that is a little less expensive and may not look exactly as we hoped and put in some of the extra money to make it what we want.

Aili was trying to make kissy faces today. She is so stinkin' adorable!! I love love love my little girl!

I've gotta go eat dinner . . . feeling woozy and I am way behind in my knitting.
#29 of 460 Old 02-01-2008, 10:36 PM

Sabo bummer about the house. I hope something even more perfect comes along.

Katie have you heard from Andrew yet? I hope the drive was easy.

Plaid I hate it when that happens. Dahlia sometimes fusses in the sling and I will realize her foot is bent. It always makes me feel so bad.

mrsb I am so sorry Marty is sick and that most likely he got it from incompetence at daycare. I really hope that calling the director has some effect. I hope he gets well very quickly.

Felicia I had a really hard time adjusting to being a mother to my first. It took more than 6 months for me to really get the hang of things. I am so sorry about the car accident and glad you are both alright. Congrats on the BS that is quite an accomplishment!!!

I am having a pretty good day. I am glad the weekend is here.

Wendi
#30 of 460 Old 02-01-2008, 10:45 PM - Thread Starter

Wendi - He called maybe an hour ago? He said the fastest he could drive at times was 50, and that the whole car was covered in ice. At one point he said he stopped and knocked it off the front of the car and it came off in one big piece. He left to go get something to eat and was supposed to get online to talk to me but I haven't heard from him yet. I really dislike this weather.

ETA: He just called, I guess he got lost on his way to find dinner. Bad news - He cracked his laptop's screen this afternoon because he fell in the snow and is just now noticing it. Good thing there's a waranty.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page