APRIL 2007 Mamas - It's February Already? - Page 11 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#301 of 717 Old 02-13-2008, 11:37 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by arismomkoofie View Post
I don't have any birth photos, I think I do have video from right after Abby was born. Would that work? If you'd like I can see if there is a way to get it to you (I know the file is bigggggggg, so DH may be able to chop it up). We have video of her right after I pull her from the water, I think, as I was not able to verbalize to DH that she was actually being born!
If I can pause it then yes- thanks for offering! If he can chop it a bit that would be helpful, I don't have the fastest connection Do you want my email? amanda@amandagreavette.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by doudat View Post
Oh no!!! I wish I had birth photos, but the most I have is me plugged to all those machines... So I wouldn't be a very good contender. It's so sad that I'll never experience natural childbirth. Darn pre-e

I had a play date at the pool today and I was so looking forward to it!! I bought romi the cutest bathing suit and I got myself one too. It has been years since I had been in a real pool. And what do I see when I wake up? Snow. Lots & lots of snow : Since I don't have a car and I use a car share, I have to bring the car seat, stroller and romi to the parking which isn't far but impossible to get to when there's too much snow. So I had to cancel :
Well, I am doing all kinds of births, I don't want to be exclusive, and although it's heavy on the 'natural' birth, all births are valid. If you want to share anyway, email me. Especially if there are any shots that have a 'view' (more than 1 person, the room, etc ) or with nice lighting (shadows). Besides- your reason for intervention is completely necessary! And besides besides, there's always a possiblity for another!

Aww, that's so sad about the swimming! That would have been so fun! Sucks about the snow. Why do we live here again? :: :

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#302 of 717 Old 02-13-2008, 11:44 AM

Happy 10 mos birthday Arlo! :
A

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 
#303 of 717 Old 02-13-2008, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Oh no!!! I wish I had birth photos, but the most I have is me plugged to all those machines... So I wouldn't be a very good contender. It's so sad that I'll never experience natural childbirth. Darn pre-e

I had a play date at the pool today and I was so looking forward to it!! I bought romi the cutest bathing suit and I got myself one too. It has been years since I had been in a real pool. And what do I see when I wake up? Snow. Lots & lots of snow : Since I don't have a car and I use a car share, I have to bring the car seat, stroller and romi to the parking which isn't far but impossible to get to when there's too much snow. So I had to cancel :
oh, that's too bad! swimming is so fun. it's an ice storm here--everything is coated in ice. i'd love to get out too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of my Castle View Post
y!

My post requesting sharing birth photos was deleted in birth stories, it violates the UA and I didn't even know that because I'm not trying to sell a product here. I'm sad I won't be able to share this project anymore, I think some women would be interested, even in the project's finished peices.
A
that stinks! is it b/c it was a request? it was just for fotos though! can't you just post a link to your blog and update everyone via the blog?? do you need more pictures?? i sent you a couple by email long ago...i can send them again.

mama  to 3 farmboys (, & ) and 1 farmgirl ()
#304 of 717 Old 02-13-2008, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMomma83 View Post
Well last night Johnny got up and tried to dive head first out of his crib (I had the video monitor and saw him about to go so I ran in and got him...he was pulling himself over with a blanket that was on the other side of the crib). So we decided to cosleep until my DH lowers the crib mattress. This morning when we wake up we can't find Johnny - and then he pokes his little head up from between our bed and the wall! I guess the little guy just prefers the floor!
yikes! that's scary!! glad you got him first. zenon took his first and second tumble off the bed on the same day...a few days ago.

#305 of 717 Old 02-13-2008, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Well last night Johnny got up and tried to dive head first out of his crib (I had the video monitor and saw him about to go so I ran in and got him...he was pulling himself over with a blanket that was on the other side of the crib). So we decided to cosleep until my DH lowers the crib mattress. This morning when we wake up we can't find Johnny - and then he pokes his little head up from between our bed and the wall! I guess the little guy just prefers the floor!
omg thats scary!! both things! maybe make him a spot on your floor? lol

Susan, Mom to 4- Elizabeth 12, Hailey 9, Sammy 7, Caroline 3
#306 of 717 Old 02-13-2008, 04:06 PM

Okay, so I think I have some time to post!!

Quote:
We still haven't listed it yet - we will list in 2 weeks. I think we will list it at the same price we wanted to, but even though it is immaculate and very high end, I'm not so sure it will sell quick. I'll post our listing once it is on the MLS!
Good luck! I hope it sells quick...you never know sometimes!

Quote:
First I'll comment on last night. It was great!!!

It was great- I'm so glad we met, Anika!

I'm so glad too! You are the first person I've ever met IRL who I've gotten to know on the internet. I have to say I am surprised at how I already felt I knew you and Eva too. And you were exactly how I would have expected, tall and thin and pretty! Even your voice sounded like I would have thought. It's funny you thought I would be shy! And I hope it's okay that I hugged you I was excited
I agree with you about the distance seeming greater now. I was thinking how it does seem like we all "know" each other, but it would be so great to hang out and talk about other aspects of our lives, not just the parenting part, yk? Anyway, I do hope we can meet again!

The movie was great too- not as shocking or as revealing as I expected, but that's likely because it's not news to us! I think it's a powerful tool to educate people though, and great because it's in such an accessible medium. My brother and sil came- and they really thought it was great, my sis came too and 'can't wait to have a homebirth' (she's 17)

I agree with this too. While it was definitely preaching to the choir at that venue, it is very "mainstream" friendly I think. My friend who was with me was very surprised with the way things are in a hospital and really walked away having learned something beneficial. That's great your sister wants a hb!
A

Quote:
see, I do it out of sheer panick. I know I'm about to lose it so I just YELL ARRRRGHHHHH at the top of my voice. Normally I scare Romi even more so she cries more, which is bad, but at least I don't lose control, you know?
I need to do that...like Amanda said, when I'm frustrated I tend to get mean

Quote:

I actually braved all the snow today to go to a playgroup...what a mistake! It was terrible walking, Finn was in a crazy mood by the time we got there and on the way home our sled broke: so I was wearing Arlo and Finn wanted to be carried: Both kids are sleeping like logs now though and when I got home there was a package with an adorable diaper for Arlo and a yummy treat for Finn from Liam. Thanks Doudat!! Hot chocolate is Finn's favourite!

Quote:
Yikes! That is the reason we could never really put Finn in the crib after about 8mo. He was such a monkey he could climb out of anything. Arlo, not so much!

Quote:
Happy 10 mos birthday Arlo! :
A
Thank you!! Can you believe it has been 10 months? Aaah, I have to go back to work in a couple of weeks and soon we'll all be throwing birthday parties. It makes me sad that I will never (well, probably never) have another little baby again

A

Mama to Finn (04/05) Arlo (04/07) and Henry (04/10)
#307 of 717 Old 02-13-2008, 04:20 PM

I sent you an email Queen, with a picture...

#308 of 717 Old 02-13-2008, 06:57 PM

Quote:
If I can pause it then yes- thanks for offering! If he can chop it a bit that would be helpful, I don't have the fastest connection Do you want my email? amanda@amandagreavette.com

DH said that he can't make it small enough to send via email, but he can put it on youtube and make it private. Then I can send you the password. Can you view youtube videos?
#309 of 717 Old 02-13-2008, 10:29 PM - Thread Starter

Ok, I cannot see Business of Being Born, I just cried at the trailer!

Finn's mama, it's funny, I feel like I know what everyone sounds like, too. That's so cool you and Queen got to meet.

I've just been a lurker lately, but thinking of you all too often!
#310 of 717 Old 02-14-2008, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxiMom View Post
Ok, I cannot see Business of Being Born, I just cried at the trailer!

Finn's mama, it's funny, I feel like I know what everyone sounds like, too. That's so cool you and Queen got to meet.

I've just been a lurker lately, but thinking of you all too often!
go see it! it's great! :cry
Everyone's been quiet! I'm the only chatty one!

Quote:
DH said that he can't make it small enough to send via email, but he can put it on youtube and make it private. Then I can send you the password. Can you view youtube videos?
yes, I think so! great, just let me know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by finn'smama View Post
I sent you an email Queen, with a picture...
Thanks
And yes, of course it was ok you gave me a hug! I really appreciated it, actually- it was so...nice, like we were old friends! Maybe you didn't see it when I posted earlier, but I said ' It's so funny that I was the way you thought I would be- not that you weren't, but again, it made me realize that I knew a lot about you(and everyone on here) but I don't know you, like, your mannerisms, they way you talk, etc. And those are the things I'm especially interested in, maybe as a painter. Personality does come through in type, but not as strongly I guess. Sometimes we can interpret things wrongly, and I was worried we'd be dissapointed and think, well, that was weird, or 'I didn't think she'd be like that', but I was really happy going home becuase I felt like I'd met a friend! I'm glad you weren't shy- I felt comfortable with you and also, I guess it makes all of us chatting on here even more valid- like, hey everyone! I met Finn'smama in real life and she's real! : But ya- I hope we can meet up again too- at the very least Hillside!
Sorry for blabbing on and on, but like I said I've never met anyone 'from online' () before so it was a unique experience! And I really think we should try to make an Ottawa meeting sometime- let's aim for this year!!
Oh, but I guess other people do it all the time, so some are rolling their eyes at me right now!

#311 of 717 Old 02-14-2008, 12:52 AM

Oh- I forgot to add. With Evangeline's newfound mobility she has also become more clingy. She doesn't want me to set her down. So finally today I put her in the mei tai- which we haven't used as much this winter- and she was happy! As long as I was moving. And bouncing. But really, she hung out in it for awhile while I did the dishes, laundry, sweeping and organizing while the housecleaner was here. I put on a beaded necklace and thought, well, I'll have to use this more now!

When my sis was here she had a wrap and I tried it on and loved how comfortable it was-any suggestions on a nice easy beginner wrap?
How much does everyone else wear their babies at this stage? I was thinking about spring when I had her in today. So much easier!

Now I'm tired from talking to myself and I have a nice clean house, so off I go to bed. : for a good night! She sleeps for 5 or 5 hours for a couple nights, then goes back to waking, then back to longer again. I'm still though!
A

#312 of 717 Old 02-14-2008, 09:36 AM

I'm loving the pics of everyone and I'm really excited to meet up next month

We've been planning Ion's dedication at church for his birthday and a little party after. Over the past few weeks my tiny boy has become.....a toddler! He almost never crawls and the only time he's not rough is when he just wakes up. He's having full blown tantrums for the slightest thing and developing a different, more muscular body type from all the walking.

More about my niece- she cries like a dinosaur and started rolling at 2 days just like Ion. She is healthy and strong and super sweet. She has a name now, Kaia Hanako. It means Earth and Flower Child My brother in law said it's funny because it makes them sound like hippies and I gently reminded him that they are long haired, homebirthing vegans.

Here's us
#313 of 717 Old 02-14-2008, 01:06 PM

Quote:
I actually yelled really loud just to get my pent up frustration out. A big, loud, primal yell. I felt guilty and relieved after that. Then I went out to get a apple strudel and a hot chocolate at the bakery and we had a pleasant time
That's a good idea-- especially the strudel and hot chocolate. I'm so sad that Seamus has the wheat & dairy allergies. It's been 10 months, and I'm still in denial about it.

Quote:
My post requesting sharing birth photos was deleted in birth stories, it violates the UA and I didn't even know that because I'm not trying to sell a product here. I'm sad I won't be able to share this project anymore, I think some women would be interested, even in the project's finished peices.
A
I have a bunch of birth photos, and I'd be happy to share. What is the project? Can I read about it on your blog?

Trish: Mama to Buckaroo , Sweet P :, and Obo Difficult wife of Rick :
#314 of 717 Old 02-14-2008, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanno View Post

We've been planning Ion's dedication at church for his birthday and a little party after. Over the past few weeks my tiny boy has become.....a toddler! He almost never crawls and the only time he's not rough is when he just wakes up. He's having full blown tantrums for the slightest thing and developing a different, more muscular body type from all the walking.

More about my niece- she cries like a dinosaur and started rolling at 2 days just like Ion. She is healthy and strong and super sweet. She has a name now, Kaia Hanako. It means Earth and Flower Child My brother in law said it's funny because it makes them sound like hippies and I gently reminded him that they are long haired, homebirthing vegans.

Here's us

: :
How do you pronounce her name? (Kie-ah?) That's beautiful!

#315 of 717 Old 02-14-2008, 02:30 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Here's us
Yay! And beautiful family!!!!
#316 of 717 Old 02-14-2008, 03:46 PM

OK, I will have to pull that picture up when I get home. My work blocks things like that.

I'm excited to get home tonight. DH and I are going out for dinner to celebrate my birthday! Work gave me a couple of gag gifts and a hilarious card. (And ice cream cake for lunch!)

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
#317 of 717 Old 02-14-2008, 04:01 PM

So has this site been slow, timing out, etc for anyone else? Every time I go to post it times out on me, which means I haven't been visiting as much.

Anyways, night weaning is not happening at the moment. I don't really care though, what I really care about is getting Desmond to go to bed before 1:30am! Apparently it is his "new" bedtime. Whenever I try to nurse him down, he pops right back up when he's done eating and wants to play, sigh. I can't go downstairs with him either or he whines at me and is extremely clingy. However if DH is there with him, he will curl up on DH's lap after about 15 minutes and go to sleep. So our new bedtime routine is I nurse him and DH takes him downstairs where he falls asleep, DH lets him sleep for 30 to 45 minutes before bringing him upstairs where he stirs, nurses again and then sleep till he wants to eat again. It is so much "fun" . We're hoping to start this routine a bit earlier then midnight tonight though, so that maybe he'll be out by 11:30 or so and DH can actually get a decent amount of sleep for work.

In other news, he's walking. We got him on video yesterday walking. He only does 3 to 5 steps before deciding it is fast to crawl, or tripping over his own feet, but he's got it down now, he just need to practice a bit more and he'll be walking full time, eek!

Sarah nak.gif married to DH Dan (August 2001) dh_malesling.GIF and Mommy to DS Desmond (April 2007) pinktongue.gif, DD Eloise (March 2009) hearts.gif and Sullivan (March 29, 2011) babyboy.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.giflactivist.gifcd.giffamilybed2.gif
#318 of 717 Old 02-14-2008, 04:31 PM

Quote:

Here's us
lovely family and lovely name!

tabrizia--i can't believe desmond is walking too...so many walking babies!

i'm working on a gift for kaylo...i'm making envelopes out of felt with little felt labels and stamps that can velcro on and off. it's going alright so far...but i don't have much time to do it in the next week so i have to work on it now.

:happy valentine's day!: :

#319 of 717 Old 02-14-2008, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclisa View Post
OK, I will have to pull that picture up when I get home. My work blocks things like that.

I'm excited to get home tonight. DH and I are going out for dinner to celebrate my birthday! Work gave me a couple of gag gifts and a hilarious card. (And ice cream cake for lunch!)
:HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!:
#320 of 717 Old 02-14-2008, 06:32 PM

Hanno: what a sweet picture!!

Finnsmama: glad you got the diaper!! Does it fit well?

Queen: I don't really have any interesting pictures of the actual birth... I wish I did! I only have a picture of me smiling for the camera and pictures of me with romi right after.
#321 of 717 Old 02-14-2008, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krismarie View Post
lovely family and lovely name!

tabrizia--i can't believe desmond is walking too...so many walking babies!

i'm working on a gift for kaylo...i'm making envelopes out of felt with little felt labels and stamps that can velcro on and off. it's going alright so far...but i don't have much time to do it in the next week so i have to work on it now.

:happy valentine's day!: :
Walking babies are insane!! Romi isn't walking yet. Just took a couple of steps a few times. She much prefers to crawl!!

That gift you're making Kaylo sounds fun! Take pictures

Happy Valentine's day to everyone!!
#322 of 717 Old 02-14-2008, 09:47 PM

Happy Birthday mclisa!!!
#323 of 717 Old 02-14-2008, 09:51 PM

hey, no one is pregnant yet??
#324 of 717 Old 02-14-2008, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Not me! I'm waiting a few more months still, hopefully. The whole India thing makes it advisable to wait a couple more months .

I finally got up the video of Desmond climbing (for some reason the first few seconds are pixelated): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Yi4igxYRRo

Last night we got a video of him walking too, it is 4 and a half minutes long, but here it is as well: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3XxBdOWvgo

You can also view them straight from my blog as well as see some of his recent pictures at http://www.mathfreak.net

It took awhile to get DH to upload them for me, which is why it was so long on the climbing video.

Sarah nak.gif married to DH Dan (August 2001) dh_malesling.GIF and Mommy to DS Desmond (April 2007) pinktongue.gif, DD Eloise (March 2009) hearts.gif and Sullivan (March 29, 2011) babyboy.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.giflactivist.gifcd.giffamilybed2.gif
#325 of 717 Old 02-15-2008, 12:21 AM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MCLISA!:

#326 of 717 Old 02-15-2008, 12:22 AM

Happy 10 month birthday Eva!

#327 of 717 Old 02-15-2008, 12:25 AM

::Happy Valentine's Day Everyone!::

#328 of 717 Old 02-15-2008, 12:32 AM

Quote:

Here's us
Beautiful family! And what a lovely name. Seeing that tiny baby makes me want another one...she is so sweet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabrizia View Post
So has this site been slow, timing out, etc for anyone else? Every time I go to post it times out on me, which means I haven't been visiting as much.

Anyways, night weaning is not happening at the moment. I don't really care though, what I really care about is getting Desmond to go to bed before 1:30am! Apparently it is his "new" bedtime. Whenever I try to nurse him down, he pops right back up when he's done eating and wants to play, sigh. I can't go downstairs with him either or he whines at me and is extremely clingy. However if DH is there with him, he will curl up on DH's lap after about 15 minutes and go to sleep. So our new bedtime routine is I nurse him and DH takes him downstairs where he falls asleep, DH lets him sleep for 30 to 45 minutes before bringing him upstairs where he stirs, nurses again and then sleep till he wants to eat again. It is so much "fun" . We're hoping to start this routine a bit earlier then midnight tonight though, so that maybe he'll be out by 11:30 or so and DH can actually get a decent amount of sleep for work.

In other news, he's walking. We got him on video yesterday walking. He only does 3 to 5 steps before deciding it is fast to crawl, or tripping over his own feet, but he's got it down now, he just need to practice a bit more and he'll be walking full time, eek!
I hope nighttime gets better for you soon tabrizia. Maybe with all the walking he'll start wearing himself out!

Quote:
Hanno: what a sweet picture!!

Finnsmama: glad you got the diaper!! Does it fit well?

Queen: I don't really have any interesting pictures of the actual birth... I wish I did! I only have a picture of me smiling for the camera and pictures of me with romi right after.
The diaper fits like a dream. I like it even better than my Luxes. It's really absorbant which is great 'cause Arlo is a super soaker. And tell Liam, Finn says thanks for the chocolate!

Quote:
:

I think I have to have sex for that to happen

A

#329 of 717 Old 02-15-2008, 12:39 AM

Quote:
no sex=no chance plus--i'd like to wait a while...although a couple friends of mine are having babies next year and i know i'll want one then!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabrizia View Post
Not me! I'm waiting a few more months still, hopefully. The whole India thing makes it advisable to wait a couple more months .

I finally got up the video of Desmond climbing (for some reason the first few seconds are pixelated): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Yi4igxYRRo

Last night we got a video of him walking too, it is 4 and a half minutes long, but here it is as well: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3XxBdOWvgo

You can also view them straight from my blog as well as see some of his recent pictures at http://www.mathfreak.net

It took awhile to get DH to upload them for me, which is why it was so long on the climbing video.
desmond is a cutie!

Happy Birthday mclisa!!

#330 of 717 Old 02-15-2008, 01:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finn'smama View Post
The diaper fits like a dream. I like it even better than my Luxes. It's really absorbant which is great 'cause Arlo is a super soaker. And tell Liam, Finn says thanks for the chocolate!

:

I think I have to have sex for that to happen

A
Hurray for good diapers! Although it sucks cause they're hard to get.
I'll tell Liam He sent some to Kaylo too. But not to Axel cause I had to keep her diaper cover as "letter" weight Sorry Axel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by krismarie View Post
no sex=no chance plus--i'd like to wait a while...although a couple friends of mine are having babies next year and i know i'll want one then!

You both lie and are having lots of sex!!! Well lots as compared to me.
We keep on telling each other we should, but I'm just.too.tired. I'm sure Queen is having sex as I type. See how she's stereotyped herself? :nana: (I just used that icon cause of the tongue sticking out, hihi)
Since I'm out of the babymaking business, I'm just gonna sit back and see who will leave our april 2007 ddc for another...

Tabrizia: MDC has been really hard for me to log in as well. Desmond is so sweet walking, like it's totally accidental! He looks like he has no joints (or like his bones turned to jelly), his little body is moving so weirdly to get him to walk! I love seeing first steps
Hope you have a good night tonight

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page