Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
!!!!!
#362 of 717 Old 02-16-2008, 11:38 PM

Oh my goodness! Is that Ion and Kaia!? Beautiful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by krismarie View Post
yes... you do scare us.

I knew it! :

just kiddin. i was gone all day and i'm beat right now--so i'm headed to bed soon. we went to an organic farming conference today which i enjoy but dh says he wants to go but then just sits there...doesn't want to go to any workshops or walk around. i went to an interesting one on the history of pesticide use (very alarming) and garlic for medicine. i : garlic. i do so much that i think i'm going to name a child after it.
Dh always said he wanted to name our kids after cheeses. And that sounds like me dh sometimes- he's a total party pooper.(there should be a smilie for that)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanno View Post
I'm here totally lurking and wanted to catch up but not feeling very chatty.
We did have a very fun time at the grocery store of all places tonight because we let Ion walk (and run) around on his own for the first time and he was so excited to be a big boy. He's been waiting so long for his body to be able to move the way he wants it to so he just goes around all happy and smug. Everyone looks though because he's so small it look strange to see him run, especially in his little bear suit.
It kinda makes me sad and miss my cuddly boy. Kaia makes me so want a newborn Today I was restocking the woodpile and realized that last time we did it Ion just tried to eat the bark. This time he carried little sticks and 'helped' me sweep up after with a small broom. Of course, he made more of a mess than anything but he was mostly sweeping, just not in a pile.
I hope you know your boy sounds seriously advanced. I wouldn't dream of Evangeline acting like that-'helping' and such! Heck- we don't even let Axel run around the grocery store!! I know what this means- time for another baby! : :
A

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 
#363 of 717 Old 02-16-2008, 11:45 PM

Quote:
oooo, maybe you'll be the next pg one!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of my Castle View Post
Oh my goodness! Is that Ion and Kaia!? Beautiful!

I hope you know your boy sounds seriously advanced. I wouldn't dream of Evangeline acting like that-'helping' and such! Heck- we don't even let Axel run around the grocery store!! I know what this means- time for another baby! : :
A

I would need sex and AF for that to happen!

It seems that there is at least nothing wrong with him so we've decided to not get all the bloodwork that the doctor and nurse practitioner want. I'm afraid to seem like a flake for not doing them but I see no reason for causing pain and upset on a kid who is perfectly fine.

krismarie- can I go to Kaylo's party?? sounds like fun!
#364 of 717 Old 02-17-2008, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Ok guys- be honest, am I scaring everyone away!? It seems every second post is ME! Where IS everyone!?
We were out all afternoon and evening, we just got home. It was board game day! Which was fun, at our friend's house whom have no kids, and lots of unsafe stuff in nice reachable places, less fun. It was nice though and Desmond had a decent time, though he thought there were a few too many people. Fortunately the next one is at our house so he'll have a lot more movement options since our house is Desmond proofed.

Sarah nak.gif married to DH Dan (August 2001) dh_malesling.GIF and Mommy to DS Desmond (April 2007) pinktongue.gif, DD Eloise (March 2009) hearts.gif and Sullivan (March 29, 2011) babyboy.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.giflactivist.gifcd.giffamilybed2.gif
#365 of 717 Old 02-17-2008, 01:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doudat View Post

Liam has taken to pooping only in his little Bjorn potty (which is ridiculously small for a 3 yr old toddler!!) and will only do so if he brings it in the living room and watch tv while he "concentrates". He's watching "How not to Decorate" as I type
lol

And not pg here much to DH's disappointment.

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
#366 of 717 Old 02-17-2008, 01:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclisa View Post
lol

I'm sure he's willing to make an effort

happy belated birthday by the way!
#367 of 717 Old 02-17-2008, 01:25 AM

oh the cuteness doesn't end!
#368 of 717 Old 02-17-2008, 01:57 AM

Quote:
I'm sure he's willing to make an effort

happy belated birthday by the way!
thanks

And he tried several times as my birthday gift. I don't think I'm ovulating so he will have to keep trying.

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
#369 of 717 Old 02-17-2008, 02:59 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
thanks!! i'm making kaylo's cake tomorrow. he's having a small, "Michael Schumacher-F1-Racecar" birthday on monday b/c my parents and sister are coming for a couple of days... they get here tomorrow what kind of cake did you make max??
The best ever triple layer chocolate cake with chocolate cream cheese frosting with sprinkles, seriously yummy. I also made truck cookies, I'll post some photos. The funny thing is, I was so involved/distracted, I forgot his cake until after some folks had already left :, but when I finally brought it out, he screamed for us to stop singing Happy Birthday to him! Strange kid, does NOT want too much attention. So, I'll bring some cake to my neighbors tomorrow!

Quote:
yea! well, we were going to name a girl Effie...(well, we hadn't decided but kaylo had! ) kaylo just said to me today "I'm still waiting for Effie" so i'm thinking Effie Allium. i like it!
I like it, too!

Quote:
Quote:
So cute! And look at you with two babes in your arms. I'm betting on you!
#370 of 717 Old 02-17-2008, 03:25 AM - Thread Starter

cake

cookies

My boy
#371 of 717 Old 02-17-2008, 03:34 AM - Thread Starter

And Happy Birthday, Kaylo!!!

Ok, I should be in bed, 'night.
#372 of 717 Old 02-17-2008, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxiMom View Post
wow! those are beautiful! yumyum i'm going to try and make a f1 race car on his cake (unlike last year when i tried to make the cake into a thomas the tank engine.

Quote:

It seems that there is at least nothing wrong with him so we've decided to not get all the bloodwork that the doctor and nurse practitioner want. I'm afraid to seem like a flake for not doing them but I see no reason for causing pain and upset on a kid who is perfectly fine.

oh yes! come! i sewed some plain white flags for the kids to paint into checkered flags (or whatever they want)...and they'll be miniature cakes for them to decorate too.

Quote:
O
Dh always said he wanted to name our kids after cheeses. And that sounds like me dh sometimes- he's a total party pooper.(there should be a smilie for that)

A
cheeses...i like that!

mama  to 3 farmboys (, & ) and 1 farmgirl ()
#373 of 717 Old 02-17-2008, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Quote:
those are gorgeous pictures! the lighting is great! what beautiful babes... (and mamas too)

#374 of 717 Old 02-17-2008, 09:49 AM

Quote:
lol

so, your the next!

#375 of 717 Old 02-17-2008, 09:54 AM

Quote:
That may be the first pic I've seen of him (at least close). He's adorable!
#376 of 717 Old 02-17-2008, 10:56 AM

Quote:

totally adorable!

#377 of 717 Old 02-17-2008, 10:59 AM

Quote:
so, your the next!
the first? I don't think there has been anyone else.

And what is wrong with cheese names?
I know several boys named Colby.

And then there is Swiss, Muenster, American, Velveeta (I live in the midwest so that counts as cheese here.)

#378 of 717 Old 02-17-2008, 12:00 PM

Quote:
I loved Colby if we had a boy but DH nixed it unless the middle name was Jack

Do any other babies HAVE to have both breasts available during the day? Abby switches every few minutes and gets upset if both aren't uncovered... it is VERY annoying.
#379 of 717 Old 02-17-2008, 12:37 PM

Quote:
awww!!!! so cute i love it!

Susan, Mom to 4- Elizabeth 12, Hailey 9, Sammy 7, Caroline 3
#380 of 717 Old 02-17-2008, 02:01 PM

Quote:

And then there is Swiss, Muenster, American, Velveeta (I live in the midwest so that counts as cheese here.)

And Brie, Camembert, Asiago, Ricotto...Parmesan...

Quote:
Wow! Those look beautiful!! And cream cheese frosting...:

Effie Allium- it's so cute!
related but not- my sis picked out a girls' name, and I love it: Saffron Eden.

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 
#381 of 717 Old 02-17-2008, 02:03 PM

Hanno- the pics are soo sweet! Aw, baby!!
I really don't have the baby urge- I get the pregnancy/birth want. Although- right now I'm lovin' my (almost) consistant nights and my body!
A

#382 of 717 Old 02-17-2008, 02:25 PM

Ok- I just found out that photobucket deleted on of my photos of a painting I was working on of birth- because it showed a boob! Holy censorship!

#383 of 717 Old 02-17-2008, 02:38 PM

Quote:

yes...that's what i meant.

#384 of 717 Old 02-17-2008, 06:47 PM

I've been lurking a little here and there, but I never have time to sit down and post. Plus, nuthin' much going on here. Hhmmm...let's see...Scout is just a pleasant baby to be around. This stage is so much fun! I love watching her figure things out. I'm not sure what the normal age for figuring out "puzzles" is, but it really surprised me when she put the little circle shaped block into the circle shaped slot on another block. And then she kept doing it, so I realized that it wasn't a fluke. (The moon and heart shapes are a little advanced for her, though )

Well, she's tugging at my pant leg, wanting me to play with her, so I've gotta go. I'll be back later, though. I know I've missed a few pages. Gotta go back and catch up. Miss you, mommas!
#385 of 717 Old 02-17-2008, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Ok- I just found out that photobucket deleted on of my photos of a painting I was working on of birth- because it showed a boob! Holy censorship!
that's awful! especially when i'm sure there are far worse things on photobucket than a little birth boobage shot.

#386 of 717 Old 02-18-2008, 12:03 AM

Hey Kewpie-o! Haven't heard from you in awhile-it seems so many are lurking. Hey you lurkers- we see you out there!

Kris- have you seen the 'wall of shame' on ds? I still can't believe you were banned. I think that's so dumb. I wonder if my pm was ever received.
Evangeline is obsessed with her tongue. Now she sticks it out and wags it back and forth. All the time. Sometimes she raises an eyebrow while she's doing it. It's too funny.
She has a huge appetite right now. She gobbles up anything I give her. It's funny how kids' appetites ebb and flow, eh? Last week/month she wasn't so hungry, now Axel's being picky and not eating too much, but she seems famished. Oh, I know, it's becuase I'm not nursing her enough.

Soooo doudat, what are youuu doing right now???

#387 of 717 Old 02-18-2008, 12:06 AM

I don't know Hanno- babies can be contagious.....you better watch out!!! Seriously though, both babies are so sweet!!!!!!

I forgot to mention that Johnny said "Mama" for the first time a couple days ago...and has said it a couple times a day since - it seems on purpose because he reaches for me when he says it - I love it! My dad was also going crazy tonight because Johnny looked at him and said "Dada" then he spent the rest of the evening trying to get Johnny to say "Granddad"

How our your LOs eating? I am worried that Johnny could be overeating. He really seems hungry if he doesn't get solids, and he does hit a point when he will stop eating - but sometimes he eats way more than I think he should eat. He is also getting picky about what foods he likes and what he doesn't like..our pediatrician said not to worry if he is eating "balanced" meals, but I still feel like he should have a reasonably well rounded diet. I do NOT think he is breastfeeding any less though luckily, so I guess I shouldn't be over concerned. I just worry about him getting eating disorders or something later in life or becoming obese or something...I'm probably being a totally irrational first time mom though!
#388 of 717 Old 02-18-2008, 12:08 AM

Hi ladies! I've been lurking this whole time, but I don't get a lot of time to actually type anything, especially since I seem to be on a knitting frenzy! Today I actually hand-dyed my own yarn
Poor Arlo has been forgetting that he can't actually walk, so he lets go of stuff and then falls on his face! He did stand by himself for a moment today so it won't be long now. I think he'll be walking before Finn did. He was well over a year (it didn't help that he fell down some stairs and broke his leg yes I am the worst mother ever!!)

Quote:

I'm glad your feeling good about Ion's health and growth. Obviously he is way ahead in the milestones department!! Honestly, that is the reason I avoid wbvs. I'm thinking of taking Arlo in soon, but I know my doc is going to say something about his weight. He's small, I have small kids, dp and I aren't very big: but it still stresses me out to hear a doctor say he's not big enough.

Quote:
adorable!!
Quote:
Wow! Yummy and what a cute little guy!

Quote:
That's ridiculous! Can they actually do that??

Mama to Finn (04/05) Arlo (04/07) and Henry (04/10)
#389 of 717 Old 02-18-2008, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Hey Kewpie-o! Haven't heard from you in awhile-it seems so many are lurking. Hey you lurkers- we see you out there!
Hey!! lol

Oh funny you said she's eating so much! I am feeling better already
#390 of 717 Old 02-18-2008, 12:12 AM

Also, Finn is driving me nuts these days...seriously...but he is pooping on the toilet which is awesome. I am so happy to only have one in diapers!:

kewpie: I've been wondering about you and your little Scout...glad to hear from you

Mama to Finn (04/05) Arlo (04/07) and Henry (04/10)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page