APRIL 2007 Mamas - It's February Already? - Page 15 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-19-2008, 12:18 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Kewpie-o- I just read some of your blog! So funny- you know, about the stuffed animals- that was so cute, I would have never in my LIFE thought to buy more than one! And if I had thought of it, I would have said oh well! Too funny. How's the sleeping going? You posted about that too. She's so cute and big looking! And in what position did you get her to sleep in the sling?? I haven't used mine in the longest time- I just use my babyhawk on my back.
A

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2008, 12:33 AM

Queen- these
I know it's a cheesy store but those work well be cause they tuck in and stand up to squirming in bed. I also made the bed multiple times 'homebirth' style so I could just tear off a layer and get them back in bed. Please don't think I'm rude for comparing elders to toddlers-- there are some similarities.
Old 02-19-2008, 12:48 AM

Thanks! not rude at all- same problem!
So- they protect the mattress and the sheets? So if they pee- it protects the sheets underneath from having to be stripped all off in the middle of the night- you just remove the pad and wash it? Ok, I get it!
A

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 
Old 02-19-2008, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of my Castle View Post
Thanks! not rude at all- same problem!
So- they protect the mattress and the sheets? So if they pee- it protects the sheets underneath from having to be stripped all off in the middle of the night- you just remove the pad and wash it? Ok, I get it!
A
like the bed is wearing a diaper and not the 'big boy'
Old 02-19-2008, 02:22 AM

Quote:
Happy Family Day everyone! (Axel called around today and said, 'happy famiwy day! happy fwiends day!)
Awe - that's funny We need to see a video of Axel so we can hear his cute voice.

Quote:
I have to put Eva down and I;m pretty sure she's sleeping in a wet poopy diaper, poor thing. Sometimes dh's are pretty useless .
ITA! If I leave the house while Scout is napping, I have to specifically tell DH to change her diaper when she gets up. I just don't understand why he wouldn't think to do it on his own. Seems like common sense to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabrizia View Post
So he went to bed at 11:30 last night yay! (Saturday night he didn't get to bed till 1am, but that was more because we were out then anything). He did however wake up at 6:30am, ugh. Fortunately DH is home today and got up with him. So I got to sleep for 5 uninterrupted hours after he left the bed (since he had been up every hour to nurse before that it was so nice). He apparently napped on the floor some, played, went on a walk with DH and the dog and napped a bit more, before getting whiny because he was hungry right when I came down. He's napping on my lap now.

So other then the 6:30am wake up it was a good night.
Glad you got some rest, momma!! You really deserve it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMomma83 View Post
Johnny is a little "rude" while nursing also (unless he's very sleepy) he turns my head wherever he wants it (usually that means back and forth back and forth while he laughs) and he is biting. I honestly think he is doing it on purpose now because he will pop on and off gently touching his teeth to my nipple a couple times and give me a certain "look" and then he will bite down hard and pull his head back. : I am usually able to get him off now before he bites hard, but before I recognized the pattern it was awful! I think it is a teething thing though he always seems to bite and/or rub his teeth more when he is cutting a tooth and yesterday his gum was bleeding a bit where it has been swollen (for 3-4mos) looking like a tooth is trying to come in. At least he hasn't starting puking like he did when he cut his other teeth.

Are any of yours hitting and biting when they are mad? Our pediatrician said to close his mouth with my hand or hold his hand to his side and say "no bite" or "no hit" and then distract him with another activity but sometimes he is so set on what he wants he can't be distracted at all...then I feel bad because a lot of times I end up letting him lay on the floor until his little fit is over, hug him and then he is willing to be distracted.

Diaper changes? I think when I am around other people they must think I'm abusing my child! I have to literally use my leg to hold him in place and he screams the whole time. He does love nakey time though!!! I usually let him have nakey time after his bath (he sits in the tub while I shower) while I am getting dressed etc...he just loves it! Which reminds me that I really want to start EC again...we've taken a bit of a break because I was being lazy and he wasn't enjoying sitting still but we might have another go at it and see if it works again.
Scout is mean to mommy while she nurses sometimes too. She pinches my boob super hard. Sometimes she grabs a handful and pinches, but the WORST is when she just pinches a teeny bit of my skin with her fingernails. Oh my gosh. It makes me want to scream.

Re: Fits...she's been having little tantrums where she'll arch her back and throw herself backwards, but she hasn't hit or bitten while she was mad yet. She HAS bitten me a few times out of curiosity, though. (I'm talking about in addition to the boob biting, which still happens every now and then Last week I was on my knees, kneeling at my computer desk (half playing in the floor with her / half reading blogs and she came up behind me and bit my ahem...love handle (or whatever you wanna call it...DH and I call them "muffin tops" that was oozing over the top of my jeans. Yowza, that hurt!!

Re: dipe changes. Yep - she usually puts up a fight. I have to give her something REALLY interesting to get her to calm down, and that only lasts a few seconds. She's very very picky about HOW I lay her down to change her. The whole mood of the diaper change hinges on whether or not I laid her down just right. Like, I have to be super gentle and SLOW about it, or she flips out. Not that I am rough any other time, but I guess if I lay her down quickly it catches her off guard or something. What a weirdo.

Quote:
How our your LOs eating? I am worried that Johnny could be overeating. He really seems hungry if he doesn't get solids, and he does hit a point when he will stop eating - but sometimes he eats way more than I think he should eat. He is also getting picky about what foods he likes and what he doesn't like..our pediatrician said not to worry if he is eating "balanced" meals, but I still feel like he should have a reasonably well rounded diet. I do NOT think he is breastfeeding any less though luckily, so I guess I shouldn't be over concerned. I just worry about him getting eating disorders or something later in life or becoming obese or something...I'm probably being a totally irrational first time mom though!
I worry about the same things. Scout eats so much more than what I would think could fit in her little belly sometimes.
Old 02-19-2008, 02:34 AM

Quote:
Kewpie-o- I just read some of your blog! So funny- you know, about the stuffed animals- that was so cute, I would have never in my LIFE thought to buy more than one! And if I had thought of it, I would have said oh well! Too funny. How's the sleeping going? You posted about that too. She's so cute and big looking! And in what position did you get her to sleep in the sling?? I haven't used mine in the longest time- I just use my babyhawk on my back.
A
hee hee - feel like a loser for buying all those stuffed dogs now, because she isn't showing much interest in it anymore. I'm a dummy. DH is never gonna let me live it down. I guess that's okay, though. I'd rather something that is quality and homemade become her lovey instead of a cheapo soul-less toy, anyway.

re: sleeping ....I feel reluctant to say it, but sleep is going great right now. She has been going to bed anywhere from 8:30-11:00 (depending on what her nap schedule was like during the day) and she's been sleeping for sometimes 6-8 hours straight! (without even waking to nurse If she wakes up after 6 hours, I'll nurse her and she'll *usually* go right back to sleep without putting up too much of a fight and stay asleep for another couple of hours. I'm loving it and I HOPE it's not just a short phase. (knocking on wood)

When she falls asleep in the sling, she's usually kind of on my hip and she just lays her head on my chest. I have to support her head with one hand after she falls asleep, though, or else it'll bobble around and slide down and hit the rings. I wish I could get away with laying her down after she falls asleep in the sling without waking her up, but she always wakes up a little and I have to nurse her back to sleep. But by that point, she's is pretty out of it and I don't have to lay there and nurse her for very long before she's out again.
Old 02-19-2008, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kewpie-o View Post
hee hee - feel like a loser for buying all those stuffed dogs now, because she isn't showing much interest in it anymore. I'm a dummy. DH is never gonna let me live it down. I guess that's okay, though. I'd rather something that is quality and homemade become her lovey instead of a cheapo soul-less toy, anyway.
Agreed! So cute of you, though- and don't feel foolish

re: sleeping ....I feel reluctant to say it, but sleep is going great right now. She has been going to bed anywhere from 8:30-11:00 (depending on what her nap schedule was like during the day) and she's been sleeping for sometimes 6-8 hours straight! (without even waking to nurse If she wakes up after 6 hours, I'll nurse her and she'll *usually* go right back to sleep without putting up too much of a fight and stay asleep for another couple of hours. I'm loving it and I HOPE it's not just a short phase. (knocking on wood)
That's so great! Yay Scout! Don't you just feel GOOD?? Eva's on her way here too- some nights she'll sleep from 11-11:30 till 7, other times wakes at 5 but goes back down after nursing. the odd night she'll be up more often though.
When she falls asleep in the sling, she's usually kind of on my hip and she just lays her head on my chest. I have to support her head with one hand after she falls asleep, though, or else it'll bobble around and slide down and hit the rings. I wish I could get away with laying her down after she falls asleep in the sling without waking her up, but she always wakes up a little and I have to nurse her back to sleep. But by that point, she's is pretty out of it and I don't have to lay there and nurse her for very long before she's out again.
I see!

Good morning girls!
A

Old 02-19-2008, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kewpie-o View Post
I worry about the same things. Scout eats so much more than what I would think could fit in her little belly sometimes.
Desmond ate a whole bowl of baked potato soup on Saturday, I am sometimes shocked at how much he can eat, the other times he eat next to nothing and is just as happy. I figure since he's feeding himself he knows when he is done. It is still shocking the times when he eats more then I do at a meal though, since he is so small.

Sarah nak.gif married to DH Dan (August 2001) dh_malesling.GIF and Mommy to DS Desmond (April 2007) pinktongue.gif, DD Eloise (March 2009) hearts.gif and Sullivan (March 29, 2011) babyboy.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.giflactivist.gifcd.giffamilybed2.gif
Old 02-19-2008, 04:24 PM

Micah is not eating much at all! I have been vascilating between worried about his weight and being firm about my method of feeding him (self-feeding). He seems to have three foods that he is really interested in right now and that is it! -- corn on the cob, apple, and bread -- And, I don't think he actually ingests very much of any of them. He only gained 3 oz. last month and only 13 oz the previous 3 mos. Plus, he still hasn't doubled his birth weight! I have tried to spoon feed him spoonable foods like mashed potatoes or baked sweet potato or something similar, but he acts like I am trying to poison him and clamps his mouth shut. I I offer him all kinds of foods -- foods that he LOVED when I first introduced them. I am just losing my confidence...

More for my benefit (so that it is all in one place...), but these have been his weights...

birth: 9 - 4
1 mo: 10 - 15
2 mo: 13 - 2
3 mo: 14 - 3
4 mo: 15 - 4
6 mo: 16 -3
9 mo: 17 - 0
10 mo: 17 - 3
11 mo: 17 - 10
12 mo: 18 - 3
13 mo: 17 - 13
14 mo: 18 - 12

Rebekah , single working mom to Micah (04.12.2007)
Old 02-19-2008, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShyDaisi View Post
Micah is not eating much at all! I have been vascilating between worried about his weight and being firm about my method of feeding him (self-feeding). He seems to have three foods that he is really interested in right now and that is it! -- corn on the cob, apple, and bread -- And, I don't think he actually ingests very much of any of them. He only gained 3 oz. last month and only 13 oz the previous 3 mos. Plus, he still hasn't doubled his birth weight! I have tried to spoon feed him spoonable foods like mashed potatoes or baked sweet potato or something similar, but he acts like I am trying to poison him and clamps his mouth shut. I I offer him all kinds of foods -- foods that he LOVED when I first introduced them. I am just losing my confidence...

More for my benefit (so that it is all in one place...), but these have been his weights...

birth: 9 - 4
1 mo: 10 - 15
2 mo: 13 - 2
3 mo: 14 - 3
4 mo: 15 - 4
6 mo: 16 -3
9 mo: 17 - 0
10 mo: 17 - 3
We sit in the same boat on this issue. Ion was 16 lbs even at 9 months. The more I try to feed him, the more he pitches it on the floor or hands it to the dog- like he can sense my stress. If I let him be, he'll eat more. Last night he ate 2 slices of sushi (without wasabi, of course) and he'll eat an entire pear or kiwi and half a banana or apple. He pees at least 12 times a day and poops 3-4.
I think we just have small kids.
Old 02-19-2008, 05:24 PM

um, I'm gonna show off for a second
yarn1
yarn2
soaker

I : dyeing yarn!

Mama to Finn (04/05) Arlo (04/07) and Henry (04/10)
Old 02-19-2008, 05:36 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by finn'smama View Post
yarn1
yarn2
soaker

So cool, good for you!!
Old 02-19-2008, 05:44 PM

Quote:
yarn1
yarn2
soaker

oh my goodness, you are awesome
Old 02-19-2008, 06:31 PM

Quote:
yarn1
yarn2
soaker

Geez Anika, way to make us wanna
You rock mama!!
Back to
Old 02-19-2008, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanno View Post
We sit in the same boat on this issue. Ion was 16 lbs even at 9 months. The more I try to feed him, the more he pitches it on the floor or hands it to the dog- like he can sense my stress. If I let him be, he'll eat more. Last night he ate 2 slices of sushi (without wasabi, of course) and he'll eat an entire pear or kiwi and half a banana or apple. He pees at least 12 times a day and poops 3-4.
I think we just have small kids.
Thanks! His weight doesn't really worry me until I think about how little he eats, plus, the reduction in the numbers of foods has worried me too.

Rebekah , single working mom to Micah (04.12.2007)
Old 02-19-2008, 06:41 PM

Thanks!:
I'm actually going to dye over the red one right now...it's pretty wishy washy.

Mama to Finn (04/05) Arlo (04/07) and Henry (04/10)
Old 02-19-2008, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShyDaisi View Post
Thanks! His weight doesn't really worry me until I think about how little he eats, plus, the reduction in the numbers of foods has worried me too.
Romi is the same with solids. She started off with a bang, eating everything in sight. Now she's become such a picky eater, it's ridiculous. She'll eat bread, some fruits and hardly any veggies. She's losing weight for sure cause I see her rolls, well, unrolling
It does worry me, but I try to step back, take a deep breath, and relax. We live in a society too concerned with measuring and it's hard to disconnect from that and just let our babies take the lead.
Old 02-19-2008, 09:06 PM

Darn it - flickr is being funky and I can't see your pretty yarn, Anika :
Old 02-19-2008, 09:32 PM

Quote:
yarn1
yarn2
soaker

Incredible!

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
Old 02-19-2008, 09:37 PM

Weight: we're stuck at 19#. I have a baby scale at home that I put her on. she's wiggly so it can be tricky to get an accurate rate.

Sophia can be quite picky. I keep trying to feed her fruit, but she spits it out. She like the soup I made (the carrots and potatoes.) I tried boiling a potato and she would only touch it if I coated it in baby food squash. :
We're having chili for supper tonight. I'm not sure if I'll let her have some or not. Maybe she'd go for it.

She nursed like a newborn last night (8, 11, 1, 3, 5, 8). And DH couldn't figure out why she napped from 10-1:30. Silly girl.

I look quite cute right now. E, C, and I played "beauty shop". I was the customer so I got my hair done. Lots of barettes. Lots. DH just laughed when he came home. I did paint their toenails and fingernails too.

Sophia just crawled away so I need to go find her. She will stand alone for a couple of seconds (if she doesn't realize what she is doing!)

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
Old 02-20-2008, 12:59 AM

Beautiful Finn'smama! I loved the red one- now I'm excited to see it after re-dying! What type of dye do you use?

I hate my internet, it's always going down on me.

Old 02-20-2008, 01:11 AM

I just have to say I received the world's cutest dipe today, it's in the wash...but I'm totally posting pics tomorrow
Old 02-20-2008, 01:17 AM

Yay! what is it?

Speaking of pics, I'm totally trying to update my blog but don't have the pics yet. grr. Painting is going well- I didnt tell you Montanamama but I'm doing one of you!

A

Old 02-20-2008, 01:25 AM

So amusing diaper story for the night. My in-laws came up tonight to watch the baby, they come up every Tuesday night because DH and I have a Hindi class we're taking. It was canceled this week, but they came anyways since they haven't seen Desmond in two weeks (it was canceled last week because of weather). So DH and I went out for dinner while they watched Desmond, and it was so nice to go out and not have to worry about the small one's grabby hands while we ate. Anyways when we get back home I see Desmond is in his wool wrap, okay not a problem. So I comment, "Oh you put him in a cover." I was a bit surprised since they always just put on the fitted and no cover, since that is what we do at home anyways. DH hears me and goes to check to see if Desmond is wet in the diaper under the cover, and asks me for a new diaper, so Desmond can have one on. Oops, my in-laws thought the cover was a new bigger sized diaper, since it was a bit loose on him. Both DH and I were amused, it is an easy enough mistake to make since it does look a lot like his diapers (other then the fact it is wool).

In other news Desmond is consistently walking now, he started yesterday, but really picked up on it a lot today. I think we are officially calling him a walker now, he only crawls when he falls in the middle of the floor and can't stand up without something to help him. Eek he is getting so grown up.

Sarah nak.gif married to DH Dan (August 2001) dh_malesling.GIF and Mommy to DS Desmond (April 2007) pinktongue.gif, DD Eloise (March 2009) hearts.gif and Sullivan (March 29, 2011) babyboy.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.giflactivist.gifcd.giffamilybed2.gif
Old 02-20-2008, 01:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabrizia View Post
So amusing diaper story for the night. My in-laws came up tonight to watch the baby, they come up every Tuesday night because DH and I have a Hindi class we're taking. It was canceled this week, but they came anyways since they haven't seen Desmond in two weeks (it was canceled last week because of weather). So DH and I went out for dinner while they watched Desmond, and it was so nice to go out and not have to worry about the small one's grabby hands while we ate. Anyways when we get back home I see Desmond is in his wool wrap, okay not a problem. So I comment, "Oh you put him in a cover." I was a bit surprised since they always just put on the fitted and no cover, since that is what we do at home anyways. DH hears me and goes to check to see if Desmond is wet in the diaper under the cover, and asks me for a new diaper, so Desmond can have one on. Oops, my in-laws thought the cover was a new bigger sized diaper, since it was a bit loose on him. Both DH and I were amused, it is an easy enough mistake to make since it does look a lot like his diapers (other then the fact it is wool).

In other news Desmond is consistently walking now, he started yesterday, but really picked up on it a lot today. I think we are officially calling him a walker now, he only crawls when he falls in the middle of the floor and can't stand up without something to help him. Eek he is getting so grown up.
Cute Usually what happens with us is that daycare puts a cover over an AIO or a pocket because they can't tell the difference from those and a fitted

I got 2 stabunz...I know there is tons of cute dipes out there...but to ME these are adorable - one of them is a tiger and it has a tail I just love it! When Johnny saw them (the other is a duckie) he started squealing and kissing at them like he does with my sister's pet rabbit So so cute.
Old 02-20-2008, 01:45 AM

Quote:
Cute Usually what happens with us is that daycare puts a cover over an AIO or a pocket because they can't tell the difference from those and a fitted

I got 2 stabunz...I know there is tons of cute dipes out there...but to ME these are adorable - one of them is a tiger and it has a tail I just love it! When Johnny saw them (the other is a duckie) he started squealing and kissing at them like he does with my sister's pet rabbit So so cute.

OMG!!! hahaha HE has to wear them to LLL i wanna see them in person!!!

Susan, Mom to 4- Elizabeth 12, Hailey 9, Sammy 7, Caroline 3
Old 02-20-2008, 01:57 AM

We are all FINALLY HEALTHY!!!! lol Caroline has her 9 month check up tomorrow ( she will be 10 mo next week, haha) she was 17lb 14oz at 7 months, i know she is thinning out all my kids do at this age, i am guessing MAYBE 19 lbs we shall see. she got 3 teeth while we had the horrible cold, which brought her up to 5 teeth, THEN they all had the pukes, and as soon as that was over this weekend i realized there are 3 MORE coming in!!! so 6 teeth in 3 weeks!!! i have to say she wasn't actually that fussy for these 3! but that makes her have 8 teeth!!!
she is barely eating food usually she sucks/ chews on it a while then spits it out, she does like cheerios and peas, she had cantlope the other day and a strawberry and enjoyed those very much! but she will go days where she doesn't eat at all just mommy milk! i am not worried at all because all my kids started tasting foods at 6 or so months but didn't really start EATING them till 9-12 months.

she can now stand up in the middle of the room with out anything to pull up on... i am kinda sad cause i know walking comes next!!!
our babies are way to big!!! only 2 months till one?? how is that?? i wanna cry!!!

i will let you all know how her well baby check goes tomorrow! she will only get one shot ( IPV, this time) anyway i am off to bed!
ohh i have a new pic for you i took today!

http://jacobsweb.org/gallery/album83/IMG_1433
and one from the other day, this is what she does while i am on my computer usually lol, gets in to my box of papers...
http://jacobsweb.org/gallery/album83/IMG_1398

and one of her getting off of her NEW PINK potty! hehe
http://jacobsweb.org/gallery/album83/IMG_1430

Susan, Mom to 4- Elizabeth 12, Hailey 9, Sammy 7, Caroline 3
Old 02-20-2008, 01:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateSerj View Post
OMG!!! hahaha HE has to wear them to LLL i wanna see them in person!!!
That's EXACTLY what I thought I thought 'hmm...I have to put him in nothing but a shirt (not a onesie) and baby legs to show it off' and I was so disapointed LLL is not this week!!!
Old 02-20-2008, 02:29 AM

Ult- love the pics, Johnny does the same thing while I use the computer.

Here is a pic of Johnny and his cousin - they were pushing each other around in the walker; and a vid of him with my sister's bunny
Old 02-20-2008, 02:48 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateSerj View Post
We are all FINALLY HEALTHY!!!!
Hooray!!!

she can now stand up in the middle of the room with out anything to pull up on... i am kinda sad cause i know walking comes next!!!
our babies are way to big!!! only 2 months till one?? how is that?? i wanna cry!!!

I think this, too. How can they be almost a year old?!

http://jacobsweb.org/gallery/album83/IMG_1433
and one from the other day, this is what she does while i am on my computer usually lol, gets in to my box of papers...
http://jacobsweb.org/gallery/album83/IMG_1398

and one of her getting off of her NEW PINK potty! hehe
http://jacobsweb.org/gallery/album83/IMG_1430
She is so pretty, those eyes!

User Tag List