APRIL 2007 Mamas - It's February Already? - Page 17 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#481 of 717 Old 02-21-2008, 03:32 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Some weird flax seed cereal called "Uncle Sam". Not terribly tasty, but it's got lotsa fiber
#482 of 717 Old 02-21-2008, 08:52 AM

price range- how does $30 or 2-4 hours for the people with more creativity than money? Maybe that way more can participate.

I'm assigning names daisy chain style so the people who email early can get started but there can still be people added until the end, say March 31 midnight EST?
#483 of 717 Old 02-21-2008, 11:00 AM

daisy chain style? Never heard of that expression

I looked at all the pictures but I don't have enough time to comment on them all, but beautiful babies!!! I can't believe we're so near to 1yr! Scary fast I tell ya...

Romi is sleeping badly still... I brought the pack&play up from the basement thinking we could maybe put her down to sleep in it next to our bed instead of her sandwiched between us. Last night, dh tried to put her down without swaddling her but she woke up 15minutes later in a panic... So we swaddled her. And she FREAKED when we tried to put her down in the pack&play. So back to square one.

Oh and her eczema patch on her chin is BAD. I'm gonna go buy emu oil and try tea tree oil as well. sigh.
#484 of 717 Old 02-21-2008, 11:02 AM

Oh, question for pumping mamas, how much milk (as in ounces) do your babies drink in one sitting? Romi will be going to daycare in 2 months and I want her to have 1 mama's milk meal per day... I think I'll try goat milk for the other meals.

I'll have to start pumping to get a month's supply in the freezer...
#485 of 717 Old 02-21-2008, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doudat View Post
Oh, question for pumping mamas, how much milk (as in ounces) do your babies drink in one sitting? Romi will be going to daycare in 2 months and I want her to have 1 mama's milk meal per day... I think I'll try goat milk for the other meals.

Johnny drinks about 6oz on average.
#486 of 717 Old 02-21-2008, 11:33 AM

Quote:

zenon drinks 4-6oz while i'm at work

chicken3.gif mama knit.gif to 3 farmboys (9 reading.gif, 6 blahblah.gif & 3 notes2.gif ) and 1 farmgirl (baby.gif)
#487 of 717 Old 02-21-2008, 12:43 PM

hey guys! i'm totally in on the exchange- but i'm also sadddd that we're talking about it! wahh- not 1 year!!

I can't believe the stair climbing! ahhh! that's nuts- you know, we have a high number of babies that are walking 'early' in this group- I'd hate to be a new mom and have a 'normal' baby and worry about their development! : we're advanced!

A

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 
#488 of 717 Old 02-21-2008, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of my Castle View Post
hey guys! i'm totally in on the exchange- but i'm also sadddd that we're talking about it! wahh- not 1 year!!

I can't believe the stair climbing! ahhh! that's nuts- you know, we have a high number of babies that are walking 'early' in this group- I'd hate to be a new mom and have a 'normal' baby and worry about their development! : we're advanced!

A
i'm sad too!

i think zenon is a "normal" baby but i'm not worried at all--hearing about all the stair climbing and walking makes me glad that zenon is taking it slow it is crzy that so many babies in our ddc are early walkers though!

chicken3.gif mama knit.gif to 3 farmboys (9 reading.gif, 6 blahblah.gif & 3 notes2.gif ) and 1 farmgirl (baby.gif)
#489 of 717 Old 02-21-2008, 02:48 PM

kaylo's four today... it seems like time goes faster and faster as they get older...it's a bit sad.

#490 of 717 Old 02-21-2008, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krismarie View Post
kaylo's four today... it seems like time goes faster and faster as they get older...it's a bit sad.
Happy birthday Kaylo!!!! tell me about how fast it goes!! when we are sad and crying over them turning one my oldest will be turning 10 in april too!!! and it is soooooooo hard to believe!!

i wanted to add that i love the pics!! and can i have 4 of those desk?? i realllly love them its exactly what i want and can't buy anywhere near me! hehe

Susan, Mom to 4- Elizabeth 12, Hailey 9, Sammy 7, Caroline 3
#491 of 717 Old 02-21-2008, 02:59 PM

Quote:
look at him!!!
oh he's amazing
and nice cake too :

I just noticed the newman-os, I used them for the eye on Kamrin's pacman cake, and crumbled for rice cream cakes.

would your dad make desks for money or only family? they are great!
#492 of 717 Old 02-21-2008, 03:02 PM

Hello All!! I have no time to go back and read the thread. I hardly ever have time to get on Mothering anymore.

I read this page and the one before.
I can't believe our babies are almost one!! Bittersweet.
Ashton can stand but isn't walking (not pushing it either!!) He climbs the stairs also. I don't know how scary it is for you other stairclimbing mamas but we have a straight run and it is kinda scary for me. Ashton is a little monkey.

Here is a pic of the 2 of them http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o...5/IMG_3706.jpg

I have a friend in labor right now and I'm antsy for some reason.
#493 of 717 Old 02-21-2008, 03:07 PM

:Kaylo!!!
#494 of 717 Old 02-21-2008, 03:09 PM

Quote:

4-8 oz.

She starts with 4oz, but if still fussy then dh gives her one more bottle.

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
#495 of 717 Old 02-21-2008, 04:27 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Happy Birthday, Kaylo!! Love his newborn picture, he is so cute and looks so happy with his cake!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet005 View Post
Hello All!! I have no time to go back and read the thread. I hardly ever have time to get on Mothering anymore.

Ashton can stand but isn't walking (not pushing it either!!) He climbs the stairs also. I don't know how scary it is for you other stairclimbing mamas but we have a straight run and it is kinda scary for me. Ashton is a little monkey.

Here is a pic of the 2 of them http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o...5/IMG_3706.jpg

Beautiful boys! Good luck to your birthing friend!
#496 of 717 Old 02-21-2008, 04:30 PM - Thread Starter

Kris - I just showed Max Kaylo's birthday picture and he asked if we should wrap some presents for him?!
#497 of 717 Old 02-21-2008, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxiMom View Post
Kris - I just showed Max Kaylo's birthday picture and he asked if we should wrap some presents for him?!
what a sweetie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet005 View Post

hey velvet! that's a great picture!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanno View Post
look at him!!!
oh he's amazing
and nice cake too :

I just noticed the newman-os, I used them for the eye on Kamrin's pacman cake, and crumbled for rice cream cakes.

i didn't know newman-os were vegan-friendly...that's cool! they are a treat around here for sure (for kaylo and dh ) they love em and they make excellent wheels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanno View Post
would your dad make desks for money or only family? they are great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateSerj View Post
Happy birthday Kaylo!!!! tell me about how fast it goes!! when we are sad and crying over them turning one my oldest will be turning 10 in april too!!! and it is soooooooo hard to believe!!

i wanted to add that i love the pics!! and can i have 4 of those desk?? i realllly love them its exactly what i want and can't buy anywhere near me! hehe
that's nice of you two... he has only made them for us--we told him he should make them to sell but he said they'd have to be expensive b/c of all the time involved.

wow, 10 seems so old... i can't believe how well i remember that birthday -- i was so excited to be "double digits"

#498 of 717 Old 02-21-2008, 05:03 PM

#499 of 717 Old 02-21-2008, 05:03 PM

doudat-- got the dipe/cover, thanks!... kaylo loved his cocoa from liam (and i did too--it was delicious!)

#500 of 717 Old 02-21-2008, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMomma83 View Post
very cute!

#501 of 717 Old 02-21-2008, 07:19 PM

Quote:
I love the tiger tail!

Desmond is sleeping now, I assumed he would nap after Gymboree in the car and I was all settled in, but nope he was wide awake. So we played some more, he climbed the stairs up to the bedroom and he is napping now, though I figure he'll be up soonish.

In other news his new try it out night time diapers arrived (we're trying bamboo dream-eze fitteds to see how they work), and his new doll for his birthday arrived with them. It is tough finding a boy doll of any sort, but a soft boy doll is even harder, hopefully he'll like it.

Sarah nak.gif married to DH Dan (August 2001) dh_malesling.GIF and Mommy to DS Desmond (April 2007) pinktongue.gif, DD Eloise (March 2009) hearts.gif and Sullivan (March 29, 2011) babyboy.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.giflactivist.gifcd.giffamilybed2.gif
#502 of 717 Old 02-21-2008, 08:35 PM

Hi Mamas! Our internet has been down, so I just caught up on the thread. I love all of the pix.

Seamus had a major wheat reaction last week when we took him to the sitter, and we had to take him to the emergency room.

Quote:

It depends on who's watching him. With R he could drink six ounces, but no one else can get him to take anything.

Trish: Mama to Buckaroo , Sweet P :, and Obo Difficult wife of Rick :
#503 of 717 Old 02-21-2008, 09:50 PM

Quote:
doudat-- got the dipe/cover, thanks!... kaylo loved his cocoa from liam (and i did too--it was delicious!)
Wow, that was fast
Soooo, is the GM too girly for Zenon? How does he look in pink??
#504 of 717 Old 02-21-2008, 09:53 PM

Welcome back Lunabelly!!

4-6oz seems to be the consensus. Ok, I'll have to get to work, the most I ever pumped was 3oz... :

I saw today that goatmilk is readily available in a few stores at the farmer's market, so I'll try that and hope for the best (I'm scared of eczema flare ups).

Hanno: what do vegans give to their babies to drink if you don't mind me asking?
#505 of 717 Old 02-21-2008, 09:55 PM

Quote:

What a cutie!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabrizia View Post
In other news his new try it out night time diapers arrived (we're trying bamboo dream-eze fitteds to see how they work), and his new doll for his birthday arrived with them. It is tough finding a boy doll of any sort, but a soft boy doll is even harder, hopefully he'll like it.
Let us know how the dream-ez work out for you
The BBH bamboo still fit romi, but I'm scared of the day when they wont. Those things are so darn absorbant, nothing compares!!

Kris: Kaylo is so cute!!! And the cake is amazing, you mamas are the craftiest
#506 of 717 Old 02-21-2008, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Hanno: what do vegans give to their babies to drink if you don't mind me asking?
I don't actually know. So far only boobmilk and water for us.
Ion's had some sensitivities to tofu but not other soy products but I would hesitate to give him any one thing in largish amounts. Probably we'll try to alternate different milky things (soy, rice, oat, coconut, hemp, banana, almond). I don't know about how to give juices in a tooth-safe way. Are you supposed to just drink it all and not sip? Does that make sense?
#507 of 717 Old 02-21-2008, 10:30 PM

Not easy to find boobmilk alternatives, is it?!!

We don't do juice here. Liam hasn't had any except for very special occasions, so I don't know about juice-giving! I thought the general guideline was no juice before 5?
#508 of 717 Old 02-21-2008, 11:15 PM

Quote:
4-6oz seems to be the consensus. Ok, I'll have to get to work, the most I ever pumped was 3oz... :
I only pump .5 - 4oz at a time, but Abby seems to prefer 5-6 oz, so I pump at work and combine once I am home. right now I pump >1 oz o the way to work, 2-3 at lunch, and 2-3 on the way home. It usually totals 6-7 oz per day. Abby gets 1 bm bottle per day (5 oz) and 2 formula bottles (6 oz). she is at daycare from 8:30 am to 5 pm, but usually nurses at 6 am, 6 pm, 8 pm and all night.

tabrizia
- dh and I are looking at houses in Columbia!!! No specific area though

nak
#509 of 717 Old 02-21-2008, 11:31 PM

PS - We've got a third tooth!
#510 of 717 Old 02-21-2008, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arismomkoofie View Post
I only pump .5 - 4oz at a time, but Abby seems to prefer 5-6 oz, so I pump at work and combine once I am home. right now I pump >1 oz o the way to work, 2-3 at lunch, and 2-3 on the way home. It usually totals 6-7 oz per day. Abby gets 1 bm bottle per day (5 oz) and 2 formula bottles (6 oz). she is at daycare from 8:30 am to 5 pm, but usually nurses at 6 am, 6 pm, 8 pm and all night.

tabrizia
- dh and I are looking at houses in Columbia!!! No specific area though

nak
oofdah, that's a lot of pumping!!! i am NOT jealous, i have a manual pump and i was soooo proud to get like .5-1 oz, and it only took like 2 hours. lol. what a joke. i would need to get a better pump if i got a job soon.

pumping mamas need to get MAJOR props... way to go for fillin' up the babies with liquid gold!

Wife to J. Mama to girly S (4/07), little boy blue E (1/10) and tiny peanut girl due (7/12)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page