APRIL 2007 Mamas - It's February Already? - Page 24 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
#691 of 717 Old 02-28-2008, 02:26 PM
 
hanno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Lansing, MI
Posts: 4,446
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxiMom View Post
this is the most fun website ever! and I thought mymonthlycycles.com was nifty
hanno is offline  
#692 of 717 Old 02-28-2008, 03:44 PM
 
Queen of my Castle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Muskoka, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,741
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanno View Post
EEP! occasional baby pees I can handle but.... (psst, is that really a thing??)

And is FAM complicated? Can you get it to work without analyzing 'mucous' ? because I've never really been in tune with my mucous.
Lol, it's true! thanks maximom!
No, FAM is not complicated- I really recommend Taking Charge of YOur Fertility- at first i really really resisted it, thinking it was so controlling and hyper- but it turned out to be something I feel I should have learned in school! (when I was a teenager, meaning it should be known by all girls) and no, cm plays a part, but you would see it all come together if you started charting. I recommend picking up the book and reading it- even if you decide not to do it- but I find it kind of fun!
A

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 
Queen of my Castle is offline  
#693 of 717 Old 02-28-2008, 04:00 PM
 
mclisa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: loving my scrapbooks!
Posts: 5,792
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of my Castle View Post
well, what about, (now, what was that called) oh- free bleeding! c'mon hanno- surely if you don't have any undergarments this is right up your alley!


A

I thought you were making this up until I googled it. No thanks, I rather like filling the landfill with my pads. (or just stay pg and bf and avoid the bleeding thing all together.)

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
mclisa is offline  
#694 of 717 Old 02-28-2008, 04:20 PM
 
kewpie-o's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 933
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi mommas! Once again, I've been half MIA / half lurking. I don't know what my deal is. I think I just do an over all bad job of managing my time most days. :

All of your LOs are soooooo freakin' beautiful!!

That "free bleeding" site is so funny. It cracks me up 'cuz I've been a "free bleeder" lately and I (like the woman who wrote the article on the front page of the site) just thought I was being lazy and irresponsible. I seem to lightly spot constantly lately and it's not enough really to wear anything, so I just spot up my undies. : Sorry...TMI!

Hhhmmm...what's new with us...

Scout took about 7 steps in a row yesterday. It surprised me, since the most she had take before that was about 2 or 3. I hesitate to say this because I know there are some mommas here that are totally sleep deprived , but she is sleeping super great. I won't give you the details because you might want to punch me. She is a voracious eater, like I remember reading some of your babes are. The other day, DH fed her lunch for the first time and was amazed at how much she was putting away. He was like, "Gees, how many times a day does she eat like this?" She eats 3 meals a day and nurses several times a day as well. She must've inherited DH's metabolism, 'cuz she's really not at all chunky.

I've been having fun with planning her first b-day party. I think it's going to turn out a little bigger than originally planned. It's more for me than for her. I just love doing stuff like that!

She's waking up from her nap...catch you later!
kewpie-o is offline  
#695 of 717 Old 02-28-2008, 05:04 PM
 
4lilfarmers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: vermont
Posts: 2,914
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of my Castle View Post
Lol, it's true! thanks maximom!
No, FAM is not complicated- I really recommend Taking Charge of YOur Fertility- at first i really really resisted it, thinking it was so controlling and hyper- but it turned out to be something I feel I should have learned in school! (when I was a teenager, meaning it should be known by all girls) and no, cm plays a part, but you would see it all come together if you started charting. I recommend picking up the book and reading it- even if you decide not to do it- but I find it kind of fun!
A
i completely agree with you! after i took a FAM class that my mw taught, i thought--why doesn't every female learn this!! not that every female needs to chart or do FAM but every woman should be taught how to know their cycle. man, i think i didn't even know that i wasn't fertile all the time (ha! i'm embarassed to say this) until i was 20 and taught myself about my cycle. b/f that i guess i didn't really know much about any cycle stuff and i even have an MD dad who taught us all the details of sex ed in descriptive medical fashion.
anyway--it's very empowering. i don't even do temps b/c i'm lazy but it's fun to track my cycle and even chart my moods/creative times/etc.

kewpie-o--nice to "see" you! scout's party sounds like fun! are you inviting a lot of people? it seems like there are more early walkers here than not. i always thought 1 yr was an average walking time but man, i think zenon is one of the few who has not walked!

chicken3.gif mama knit.gif to 3 farmboys (9 reading.gif, 6 blahblah.gif & 3 notes2.gif ) and 1 farmgirl (baby.gif)
4lilfarmers is offline  
#696 of 717 Old 02-28-2008, 05:10 PM
 
tabrizia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Maryland/DC Metro
Posts: 1,158
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kewpie-o View Post

Scout took about 7 steps in a row yesterday. It surprised me, since the most she had take before that was about 2 or 3. I hesitate to say this because I know there are some mommas here that are totally sleep deprived , but she is sleeping super great. I won't give you the details because you might want to punch me. She is a voracious eater, like I remember reading some of your babes are. The other day, DH fed her lunch for the first time and was amazed at how much she was putting away. He was like, "Gees, how many times a day does she eat like this?" She eats 3 meals a day and nurses several times a day as well. She must've inherited DH's metabolism, 'cuz she's really not at all chunky.

I've been having fun with planning her first b-day party. I think it's going to turn out a little bigger than originally planned. It's more for me than for her. I just love doing stuff like that!
Yay Scout! Isn't it fun. Desmond is walking more then crawling now, I think he's going to quit crawling all together in the next week or two. He still needs to figure out how to stand with nothing around to pull up on though.

I am going to work on Desmond' birthday party this weekend while my Mom is here. We're doing it at my aunt's house since she has room. I just need to decide what to do for it.

As for the lovely free bleeding stuff, umm no thanks. Though I will go to bed without a pad if I know I am bleeding extremely lightly. I normally am really heavy so it doesn't work though. That being said I am waiting on the rest of my cloth pads so I can go full cloth next month.

I've been on a spending spree this week, our finanaces are wincing. I bought Desmond 4 more night diapers, so he now has 6 (we went with the dream-eze bamboo), 4 more all in ones (dream-eze again DH likes the AIO a lot), the start of the present for my swap person, a car seat (which just arrived, it rocks, I'll post pictures later), and a new Beco Butterfly. I've wanted a Beco for awhile and I really like the look of the Butterfly, especially since I am kind of leery of back carries on my own. It should be nice, it is my birthday present, but I'm getting it early for the airport, since Des and I are heading to Atlanta on the 9th.

DH is upstairs with Des now, he missed his train today, and seeing if he can get him to nap in his crib, it was working, until the dog started barking and made the baby cry again. We'll see how it goes.

Sarah nak.gif married to DH Dan (August 2001) dh_malesling.GIF and Mommy to DS Desmond (April 2007) pinktongue.gif, DD Eloise (March 2009) hearts.gif and Sullivan (March 29, 2011) babyboy.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.giflactivist.gifcd.giffamilybed2.gif
tabrizia is offline  
#697 of 717 Old 02-28-2008, 05:47 PM
 
lunabelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Surrounded by Knotty Pine/ MA
Posts: 625
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanno View Post
big fat whine
10 1/2 months ppd
I not only have no pads- I don't even have underwear !
Mine started up again in July, and there was no reason for it! I think my body is saying, "No time for vacations, lady, clock is ticking."

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclisa View Post
You spoil him these next few days! Lots of bags of peas are in order!

Oh, I need to buy peas! I am no good at spoiling him. He's the one who always spoils me. :

He's at the surgery center right now. I had to leave him there I know two people who have died during routine surgeries, so I'm really trying not to freak out.

Trish: Mama to Buckaroo , Sweet P :, and Obo Difficult wife of Rick :
lunabelly is offline  
#698 of 717 Old 02-28-2008, 11:27 PM - Thread Starter
 
MaxiMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: SW Michigan
Posts: 996
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunabelly View Post
Mine started up again in July, and there was no reason for it! I think my body is saying, "No time for vacations, lady, clock is ticking."




Oh, I need to buy peas! I am no good at spoiling him. He's the one who always spoils me. :

He's at the surgery center right now. I had to leave him there I know two people who have died during routine surgeries, so I'm really trying not to freak out.
Hows hubby doing?
MaxiMom is offline  
#699 of 717 Old 02-29-2008, 12:37 AM
 
lunabelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Surrounded by Knotty Pine/ MA
Posts: 625
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
He's fine! Yay! I bought peas and some of his favorite treats, and I'm trying to keep the house quiet-ish for him (we have no bedroom door).

I feel a little bit sad about the no-more-children factor, but I know it's the right decision for us. Dh said that if I totally freak out in three years and decide I want another one, we can adopt, but at this point I don't see that happening. There's a reason it took me ten years to have a second baby!

Trish: Mama to Buckaroo , Sweet P :, and Obo Difficult wife of Rick :
lunabelly is offline  
#700 of 717 Old 02-29-2008, 01:16 AM
 
kewpie-o's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 933
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Glad your hubby's home and doing well - you're so sweet for buying special treats for him
kewpie-o is offline  
#701 of 717 Old 02-29-2008, 02:50 PM
 
tabrizia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Maryland/DC Metro
Posts: 1,158
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Wow I so didn't expect to be the first one who posted today. Where is everyone? Enjoying your leapday?

Desmond slept from 11pm till 3am last night, Yay! Of course I was awake the whole time, but hopefully he'll keep up the tend. Nothing else going on here, my Mom is coming up tomorrow and we need to clean some tonight (joy). Otherwise we're eating lunch now.

Sarah nak.gif married to DH Dan (August 2001) dh_malesling.GIF and Mommy to DS Desmond (April 2007) pinktongue.gif, DD Eloise (March 2009) hearts.gif and Sullivan (March 29, 2011) babyboy.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.giflactivist.gifcd.giffamilybed2.gif
tabrizia is offline  
#702 of 717 Old 02-29-2008, 03:35 PM
 
hanno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Lansing, MI
Posts: 4,446
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
If by enjoying you mean pulling out my hair :

Ion won't stop whining, won't nurse but won't let me pump. I am so not loving my full-figured self today, especially since only 2 shirts fit. The house is getting me down but there's a crapton of snow outside, which will have to be shovelled. Kam works this weekend. The house is a mess and I have no desire to clean. We still just have enough $$ to get by.
Can anyone guess that AF is whopping my butt for all the 20 times I didn't have her visit.

I did figure out a little trick to help with biting. It only works on a really full boob though. When he opens wide and I just *know* he's going to bite, I spray as much as I can at the back of his throat so he has to start swallowing before I put my nipple in.

My poor SIL's got mastitis AND candida. She had to go to the ER last night. Did I mention she has a fractured arm too? I feel terrible for being mopey when she has all this stuff going on.
hanno is offline  
#703 of 717 Old 02-29-2008, 04:06 PM
 
mclisa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: loving my scrapbooks!
Posts: 5,792
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
sorry for the af woes. That first one can be hard.

I have 2 April birthdays to celebrate. E wants a "Super Why" birthday party and so I thought an "ABC" theme would be fun for Sophia. Now off to figure that out.


Sophia stood alone for 10 seconds twice last night!

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
mclisa is offline  
#704 of 717 Old 02-29-2008, 04:28 PM
 
4lilfarmers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: vermont
Posts: 2,914
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tabrizia View Post
Wow I so didn't expect to be the first one who posted today. Where is everyone? Enjoying your leapday?

Desmond slept from 11pm till 3am last night, Yay! Of course I was awake the whole time, but hopefully he'll keep up the tend. Nothing else going on here, my Mom is coming up tomorrow and we need to clean some tonight (joy). Otherwise we're eating lunch now.
wow, sounds like a good night! zenon's been sleeping horribly b/c of his stuffy nose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanno View Post
If by enjoying you mean pulling out my hair :

Ion won't stop whining, won't nurse but won't let me pump. I am so not loving my full-figured self today, especially since only 2 shirts fit. The house is getting me down but there's a crapton of snow outside, which will have to be shovelled. Kam works this weekend. The house is a mess and I have no desire to clean. We still just have enough $$ to get by.
Can anyone guess that AF is whopping my butt for all the 20 times I didn't have her visit.

I did figure out a little trick to help with biting. It only works on a really full boob though. When he opens wide and I just *know* he's going to bite, I spray as much as I can at the back of his throat so he has to start swallowing before I put my nipple in.

My poor SIL's got mastitis AND candida. She had to go to the ER last night. Did I mention she has a fractured arm too? I feel terrible for being mopey when she has all this stuff going on.
sounds like a lot of yucky things...probably made worse b/c your af.
is that what happens, af makes up for not being around for a while?? i just had my first af and it was sooo heavy and extra hard on me.

so sorry to hear about your sil. pm'd ya.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclisa View Post
sorry for the af woes. That first one can be hard.

I have 2 April birthdays to celebrate. E wants a "Super Why" birthday party and so I thought an "ABC" theme would be fun for Sophia. Now off to figure that out.


Sophia stood alone for 10 seconds twice last night!
kaylo loves super why. sounds like a fun birthday theme. and i bet ABCs will be great for sophia--especially with 3 older sisters to help decorate/celebrate!

chicken3.gif mama knit.gif to 3 farmboys (9 reading.gif, 6 blahblah.gif & 3 notes2.gif ) and 1 farmgirl (baby.gif)
4lilfarmers is offline  
#705 of 717 Old 02-29-2008, 04:31 PM
 
lunabelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Surrounded by Knotty Pine/ MA
Posts: 625
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
[QUOTE=hanno;10660512]
I did figure out a little trick to help with biting. It only works on a really full boob though. When he opens wide and I just *know* he's going to bite, I spray as much as I can at the back of his throat so he has to start swallowing before I put my nipple in. QUOTE]

I never have a full boob anymore. There is no squirting happening, either, but at least I don't need the nursing pads anymore.

Do you have any suggestions for hair pulling? That's how Seamus wakes me up at 4 a.m.:

Trish: Mama to Buckaroo , Sweet P :, and Obo Difficult wife of Rick :
lunabelly is offline  
#706 of 717 Old 02-29-2008, 05:32 PM
 
tabrizia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Maryland/DC Metro
Posts: 1,158
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunabelly View Post
Do you have any suggestions for hair pulling? That's how Seamus wakes me up at 4 a.m.:
I'm planning to get mine cut off really short again, maybe this weekend maybe next. Boy Wonder loves to pull hair and he gets mine so tangled it isn't funny. I am hoping with less hair it will be less interest to him. If I am going to cut it, it needs to be soon though, since it needs to be shoulder length again by October for India.

Oh pictures of Desmond and his new car seat are up at my blog, I am too lazy to repost them, so anyone who's interested can see them there.

And I read a post on a message board by a friend as was reminded how different her parenting style is from me and it made me sad. She's planning on stopping nursing her baby when she gets teeth (poor baby girl) and she's already started cereal with her at 3 months . I just shake my head and comment on it to DH who doesn't get it either.

Sarah nak.gif married to DH Dan (August 2001) dh_malesling.GIF and Mommy to DS Desmond (April 2007) pinktongue.gif, DD Eloise (March 2009) hearts.gif and Sullivan (March 29, 2011) babyboy.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.giflactivist.gifcd.giffamilybed2.gif
tabrizia is offline  
#707 of 717 Old 02-29-2008, 06:15 PM
 
lunabelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Surrounded by Knotty Pine/ MA
Posts: 625
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tabrizia View Post
I'm planning to get mine cut off really short again, maybe this weekend maybe next. Boy Wonder loves to pull hair and he gets mine so tangled it isn't funny. I am hoping with less hair it will be less interest to him. If I am going to cut it, it needs to be soon though, since it needs to be shoulder length again by October for India.

Oh pictures of Desmond and his new car seat are up at my blog, I am too lazy to repost them, so anyone who's interested can see them there.

And I read a post on a message board by a friend as was reminded how different her parenting style is from me and it made me sad. She's planning on stopping nursing her baby when she gets teeth (poor baby girl) and she's already started cereal with her at 3 months . I just shake my head and comment on it to DH who doesn't get it either.
My hair is only five inches long on top at the moment. It doesn't get tangled, but it does hurt!

I have a friend who's preggie and already planning to cio. I just hope she changes her mind when the baby is born.

Trish: Mama to Buckaroo , Sweet P :, and Obo Difficult wife of Rick :
lunabelly is offline  
#708 of 717 Old 02-29-2008, 06:17 PM
 
lunabelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Surrounded by Knotty Pine/ MA
Posts: 625
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Cute pix! Busy boy!

Trish: Mama to Buckaroo , Sweet P :, and Obo Difficult wife of Rick :
lunabelly is offline  
#709 of 717 Old 02-29-2008, 08:07 PM
 
4lilfarmers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: vermont
Posts: 2,914
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
oh man...i am watching my friend's kids right now... (age 3 and 1) and i just have to say...i don't know how mamas with a bunch of little ones do it. i know a mama with 4 under 5 (which is close to what i have tonight) and it's crzy! :

chicken3.gif mama knit.gif to 3 farmboys (9 reading.gif, 6 blahblah.gif & 3 notes2.gif ) and 1 farmgirl (baby.gif)
4lilfarmers is offline  
#710 of 717 Old 02-29-2008, 08:45 PM - Thread Starter
 
MaxiMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: SW Michigan
Posts: 996
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanno View Post
If by enjoying you mean pulling out my hair :

Ion won't stop whining, won't nurse but won't let me pump. I am so not loving my full-figured self today, especially since only 2 shirts fit. The house is getting me down but there's a crapton of snow outside, which will have to be shovelled. Kam works this weekend. The house is a mess and I have no desire to clean. We still just have enough $$ to get by.
Can anyone guess that AF is whopping my butt for all the 20 times I didn't have her visit.

My poor SIL's got mastitis AND candida. She had to go to the ER last night. Did I mention she has a fractured arm too? I feel terrible for being mopey when she has all this stuff going on.
to you and SIL! I've been on a rampage that last couple of days, af will be here soon, I'm always so short tempered the week before. And ya know, I never suffered from PMS 'til after my first babe! :


Quote:
Originally Posted by krismarie View Post
oh man...i am watching my friend's kids right now... (age 3 and 1) and i just have to say...i don't know how mamas with a bunch of little ones do it. i know a mama with 4 under 5 (which is close to what i have tonight) and it's crzy! :
I know! I had the neighbor kids here last night (4 and 7) and man was it noisy!!!! I was so glad for the peace and quiet once they were gone and mine were asleep.

On a funny note, I was just nursing sweet Scarlet and she popped off, i thought she was just looking around, as usual. However, she's sound asleep with her mouth open and arm hanging down.
MaxiMom is offline  
#711 of 717 Old 02-29-2008, 11:53 PM
 
Queen of my Castle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Muskoka, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,741
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanno View Post
If by enjoying you mean pulling out my hair :

Ion won't stop whining, won't nurse but won't let me pump. I am so not loving my full-figured self today, especially since only 2 shirts fit. The house is getting me down but there's a crapton of snow outside, which will have to be shovelled. Kam works this weekend. The house is a mess and I have no desire to clean. We still just have enough $$ to get by.
Can anyone guess that AF is whopping my butt for all the 20 times I didn't have her visit.

I did figure out a little trick to help with biting. It only works on a really full boob though. When he opens wide and I just *know* he's going to bite, I spray as much as I can at the back of his throat so he has to start swallowing before I put my nipple in.

My poor SIL's got mastitis AND candida. She had to go to the ER last night. Did I mention she has a fractured arm too? I feel terrible for being mopey when she has all this stuff going on.
Oh, s: to you and your sister-in-law! Poor girls! Sit back both of you and pour a glass of wine- I hope that she gets better soon and your perspective changes tomorrow! Af is so nasty that way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabrizia View Post
Wow I so didn't expect to be the first one who posted today. Where is everyone? Enjoying your leapday?

Desmond slept from 11pm till 3am last night, Yay! Of course I was awake the whole time, but hopefully he'll keep up the tend. Nothing else going on here, my Mom is coming up tomorrow and we need to clean some tonight (joy). Otherwise we're eating lunch now.
Ok girl, I just want to know what you are doing when your sweet boy is sleeping!? You've said that before when he's slept longer than usual- and you an insomniac? When Eva sleeps through you can be I'm sleeping too!
Cute pics, btw, he is so adorable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by krismarie View Post
oh man...i am watching my friend's kids right now... (age 3 and 1) and i just have to say...i don't know how mamas with a bunch of little ones do it. i know a mama with 4 under 5 (which is close to what i have tonight) and it's crzy! :
Oh man-that's exactly what I was thinking tonight when if felt like I had 7 kids- I was like, man, what will I do!? (not with 7 hehe, just more than 2) My evening was testing...sometimes it just gets out of control! Eva's taken to 'yelling'. Ok, I hear you. Sorry it took 2 seconds longer than usual. geesh. I feel like I live in a madhouse!

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 
Queen of my Castle is offline  
#712 of 717 Old 03-01-2008, 10:42 AM
 
doudat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Montreal
Posts: 1,511
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Not much happening here. Same old. I'm jealous of you ladies with sleeping babies... Aaaah, sleep.

Romi has been screaming as well if I don't respond immediately. She's so clingy as well, she just follows me everywhere and won't let me do anything without being in my arms. And even in my arms she just grabs everything and makes housechores nearly impossible. Gah, I'm just a complainer today
Maybe I'm about to get af as well? I'm happy she hasn't showed up yet, but I have a feeling it'll be soon...

Oh, I went to drop off liam at daycare yesterday and one of the ladies that will have romi next month was asking me about her and asked me about bottles and stuff. She looked shocked when I told her Romi never had a bottle and she'll be going on milk and not formula. I told her I didn't breastfeed for a year to then give my baby a bottle filled with formula :
doudat is offline  
#713 of 717 Old 03-01-2008, 10:43 AM
 
doudat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Montreal
Posts: 1,511
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hanno: hope you feel better and hugs to you SIL. Thrush sucks. And mastitis is the worst. Luckily the latter usually doesn't last too long...
doudat is offline  
#714 of 717 Old 03-01-2008, 10:46 AM
 
doudat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Montreal
Posts: 1,511
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Funny about feeding 3 months old and CIO. I was looking at old pictures of me and my parents, who were relatively hippy-ish, had me in my crib with a bottle of formula propped on pillows. At only 4 weeks old. Then I see a picture of me strapped to some weird seating contraption with a bowl of infant cereal next to me and my face covered with the stuff. At 6 weeks old. And they had these wooden playpens everywhere. My sister and I are outside in these wooden jails. Ugh.
doudat is offline  
#715 of 717 Old 03-01-2008, 05:25 PM
 
doudat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Montreal
Posts: 1,511
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just read this on DS:
Government Concedes Vaccine-Autism Case in Federal Court

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/david-...-_b_88558.html
http://www.infowars.com/?p=504
doudat is offline  
#716 of 717 Old 03-01-2008, 05:42 PM
 
4lilfarmers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: vermont
Posts: 2,914
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by doudat View Post
Not much happening here. Same old. I'm jealous of you ladies with sleeping babies... Aaaah, sleep.

Romi has been screaming as well if I don't respond immediately. She's so clingy as well, she just follows me everywhere and won't let me do anything without being in my arms. And even in my arms she just grabs everything and makes housechores nearly impossible. Gah, I'm just a complainer today
Maybe I'm about to get af as well? I'm happy she hasn't showed up yet, but I have a feeling it'll be soon...

Oh, I went to drop off liam at daycare yesterday and one of the ladies that will have romi next month was asking me about her and asked me about bottles and stuff. She looked shocked when I told her Romi never had a bottle and she'll be going on milk and not formula. I told her I didn't breastfeed for a year to then give my baby a bottle filled with formula :
i haven't been getting sleep either--for weeks, it seems. even when zenon does sleep, i'm having so much trouble sleeping. now he is sick and waking all.the.time. :
sorry about the clinginess--that is so hard. kaylo was like that and it was so draining/frustrating!
that stinks about the interaction you had with your daycare person--i guess as a daycare provider, she probably sees no kids that go bottle-free..

Quote:
Originally Posted by doudat View Post
Funny about feeding 3 months old and CIO. I was looking at old pictures of me and my parents, who were relatively hippy-ish, had me in my crib with a bottle of formula propped on pillows. At only 4 weeks old. Then I see a picture of me strapped to some weird seating contraption with a bowl of infant cereal next to me and my face covered with the stuff. At 6 weeks old. And they had these wooden playpens everywhere. My sister and I are outside in these wooden jails. Ugh.
it was just what was told to them...my mom bf until we were 6 months but she didn't know anyone else that did that! and she never co-slept and fed us solids early too--but she was told to by our pedi and even her friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doudat View Post
Just read this on DS:
Government Concedes Vaccine-Autism Case in Federal Court

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/david-...-_b_88558.html
http://www.infowars.com/?p=504
thanks for the links.

chicken3.gif mama knit.gif to 3 farmboys (9 reading.gif, 6 blahblah.gif & 3 notes2.gif ) and 1 farmgirl (baby.gif)
4lilfarmers is offline  
#717 of 717 Old 03-01-2008, 06:07 PM - Thread Starter
 
MaxiMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: SW Michigan
Posts: 996
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Here sleepy Kris - http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=857078

see you there!
MaxiMom is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Drag and Drop File Upload
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off