APRIL 2007 Mamas - It's February Already? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 717 Old 02-02-2008, 05:37 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
All the baby pictures are so cute!!! I'm so amazed to see so many teeth in these baby mouths Not babies for long... I'm secretly thrilled that Romi is toothless, makes me think she's still a tiny baby (albeit a fat one).

Hanno: those bruises, ouch!!! And Ion is just soooo cute! I love his intelligent little face!

Romi pinches while nursing too. It comes and goes and a nursing necklace really helps.

I just bought her an amber necklace on Etsy. I'll try anything if it makes her sleep longer. I'm running out of things to try!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 717 Old 02-02-2008, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doudat View Post
All the baby pictures are so cute!!! I'm so amazed to see so many teeth in these baby mouths Not babies for long... I'm secretly thrilled that Romi is toothless, makes me think she's still a tiny baby (albeit a fat one).
No teeth here either... both of my other kids got teeth around 7 months old and I kind of like that Chloe still has 'baby' gums. Especially since she is my last baby...

to all the sleep deprived mamas!
#63 of 717 Old 02-02-2008, 09:51 PM

We're still at 4 teeth.

We survived the first birthday party at a pizza place for lunch. Now we have to get through tomorrow's. Sophia did well, but didn't get a good nap. She likes to play with her toys once you get her settled, but she hates being put down.

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
#64 of 717 Old 02-02-2008, 11:10 PM

Just 2 teeth here, at 4 mo, and teething ever since!!!
#65 of 717 Old 02-03-2008, 02:16 AM

Caroline has had 2 teeth since 6 months and then just last week while she was SUPER sick and we all are super sick she cut 3 yes 3 top ones all at once! so now we have 5 teeth! tho 2 of the new 3 are still barely through but one is coming in fast!

Susan, Mom to 4- Elizabeth 12, Hailey 9, Sammy 7, Caroline 3
#66 of 717 Old 02-03-2008, 03:51 AM

Hey there mamas,

These threads go so fast, and I never have time catch up on reading them!

I have a question: Can you tell the difference between babbling and real words? Sometimes Seamus says mama with such a demanding voice that I think he must mean me, but I'm not sure because he also does the rambling mamamamama thing.

Valentine's Day: Dh bought me a new pair of red Earth shoes for my Vday present. I've given up on trying to be surprised, and now I just tell him exactly what I want. I figure they're red, so that's a perfect gift. Oh, and the saleswoman tried to kiss him! Weird.

Anyway, we don't have plans to go out because it seems like a hassle. I'm thinking I might send the kids to a babysitter on the Sunday after so we can have some quiet time alone at home-- maybe that will be my present to him.

Trish: Mama to Buckaroo , Sweet P :, and Obo Difficult wife of Rick :
#67 of 717 Old 02-03-2008, 09:31 AM

lunabelly - Seamus is so adorable! re: babbling - I wonder this too. Sometimes Scout seems to call both DH and I "Na na na" ....but she says it in her whiney voice, so "Na na na" may just mean, "Hey pay attention to me!" or "Pick me up!" There has only been one time when she seemed to call me "mama" on purpose, but she hasn't since then. I'm not sure what to write in her baby book, since she's been saying "mama" and "dada" for a long time now...but aside from that one time she called me mama, she has never said them in the right context.
#68 of 717 Old 02-03-2008, 12:01 PM

Oh, I didn't answer my own question! I think we are actually going to have my sis come over and watch him, so we can go on a date by ourselves...I actually considered leaving him overnight at my mom's : but I'm not sure he's ready for that - they would totally cosleep and everything, but he is super persistent that both mommy and daddy be next to him when he falls asleep (he won't go to sleep if if it is just one of us).

My DH has a job interview tomorrow...so we are hoping that goes well..

And..I spent all night puking : but the thing is I'm less bothered about being sick myself than I am about possibly having Johnny get sick again...that was AWFUL - and I just finally caught up on the laundry (it was clean, just all piled up in the crib instead of put away)

Oh yes...I pulled out 12-18mo clothes today and as I've been doing laundry I have been packing away the 9-12mo clothes...this is the first he has been wering clothes "ahead" of his age - I can't believe it..and these clothes look so...toddlerish.

One more thing....he took 2-3 steps several times last night! He also learned how to open the front door - he hasn't succeeded yet, but he looked close. I put one of those door knob covers over it but our house is old and it doesn't work very well...I think I might need to get a deadbolt for it. He is also trying very hard to climb everything, has not been overly successful yet (thankfully) but he makes me nervous.
#69 of 717 Old 02-03-2008, 12:49 PM

Geez, I just have the hardest time keeping up with you mamas!! I can't believe there are 4 pages already and it's only the 2nd!!'
Romea is 10 months today and will soon outgrow her 18 mo outfits
Oh, we call her Romi too!
Here are photos!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/90371374@N00/

unschooling mama with Toots'n Fruits (6) and BeenzieBoo (3)
#70 of 717 Old 02-03-2008, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nani View Post
Geez, I just have the hardest time keeping up with you mamas!! I can't believe there are 4 pages already and it's only the 2nd!!'
Romea is 10 months today and will soon outgrow her 18 mo outfits
Oh, we call her Romi too!
Here are photos!

What cute kids! wonderful pictures nak
eta I love the "facial" pic and the martha one
#71 of 717 Old 02-03-2008, 01:49 PM

Seamus and Romea are adorable!!

Funny you call her Romi, we had people think her name was Romeo at the hospital, we had to say her name like 8 times for people to understand. Romea is such a pretty name!

Clothes: romi wears ahead of her age too... Funny how the clothes Liam wore when he was almost 2 fit romi right now! What a tall/chubber I've got on my hand!

I'm a tad discouraged today cause her eczema patch is getting worst and worst and I'm at wits ends trying to make her better. I think this is what makes her cranky these days. Poor thing. She's all itchy
#72 of 717 Old 02-03-2008, 03:32 PM

Oh, Seamus has eczema, too. He has a patch on the top of his arm that's always really bumpy and looks like one of those old immunization shots.

Kewpie: I'm having the same baby book question. Am I going to have to wait until he says some complicated word like rutabaga before I can write it down?

Nani: Romea and Sophia are beautiful! I need to update my photo of Seamus because that one is from Christmas.

Seamus doesn't have a nickname yet. I want to call him Sea (pronounced like Shay), but dh doesn't like it. Right now I mostly call him Buckaroo.

Are you all starting to think about birthday parties? Is it too soon for this? Olivia's bday is in this month (#11!), so I've got it on my mind. Seamus only has one friend to invite to his, though. I guess they say you're supposed to invite the same number of kids as the age they're turning, so that works!

Trish: Mama to Buckaroo , Sweet P :, and Obo Difficult wife of Rick :
#73 of 717 Old 02-03-2008, 04:00 PM

Hmm...my baby book has one entry..what a bummer about 5 ladies I used to work for went in on a really nice one (from one of those stores normal people don't even set foot in, but awe at the window displays lol). I figure what I need to do is just print off all my DDC posts

DH took Johnny with him to a Super Bowl party and I'm home alone..I need sleep to recover and don't want to pass germs but I just feel like part of me is missing without my baby!! Though yesterday I got some home alone time too and it was sort of nice...maybe that's all I need, I've been thinking of upping my PPD meds but maybe I just need more "me" time!

Bday party...I'm stressing it way too much because we a doing a joint party with Johnny and his cousin (so the NY family only has to travel down once - their bdays are 21 days apart)...it would be fine but my SIL is SOOOOOOOOOO hard to deal with My plan was just to rent a pavilion at the local park eat pot-luck food, burgers and cake and let the kids play on the playground...maybe throw a few balloons up...I know my SIL is going to want everything to be just perfect..she'll probably want games and everything..blah blah...she'll probably want to decorate some certain way and make them wear certain clothes too..

What about 1yo bday gifts? I really don't want gifts lol, but I KNOW our families and I KNOW they will want to give gifts..even if we say not to. I just don't want a lot of clutter...I'm ok with some clothes, I'm ok with people grouping together and getting something (I know they won't though because for Christmas we asked DH's family to all chip in and by us a set of baby gates for about $50 and instead they all spent like $30 EACH on a bunch of annoying flashing squealing toys). I just can't really think what to ask for or how to ask, yk? Like I would love wooden trains or something if everyone went in on it together..or each person but one teeny piece or something...maybe a sandbox...stuff like that - I don't want 9345786 little toys to pick up off my floor...is that selfish? Ohh..I just though of children's books, he loves being read to - it's the only time he sits on my lap other than nursing...maybe that is something worth asking for....
#74 of 717 Old 02-03-2008, 04:38 PM

Oh, I have a LONG story to write on eczema!!! Sophia had it BAAAAD, I cried every single day, cuz she seemed allergic to anything and everything and it was a TOUGH road for us. It almost amde me not want a second child, since my first one suffered so much. I tried EVERTHING on the planet, literally, exept we didn't do to a typical allergist, since I knew that would have been a waste of money. I'm so excited now that it is almost gone at age 3.5.
Let me know if any of you have questions on that topic. I spent three years reseaching this stuff to help my dd1.
Romea has no signs of allergies.

I now seriously believe that Sophia's C-Section versus Romea's Home waterbirth are something to be considered in the search for answers on allergic potentials.

#75 of 717 Old 02-03-2008, 09:37 PM

can't write much right now...

nani--did you ever try neem oil on her eczema?? just wondering. my ds1 has it but doesn't seem too uncomfy from it--but he has a lot of patches of it and it seems like it's the worst winter with it. i wonder if i should cut wheat...but he is, of course, sooo picky with eating now--it would have been easier to cut wheat when he was 1 or 2.

doudat (or anyone else) -- have you ever tried a peewell dipe??

mama  to 3 farmboys (, & ) and 1 farmgirl ()
#76 of 717 Old 02-03-2008, 10:38 PM

Nani: what finally worked? Liam has slight eczema, but nothing drastic. Romi has a mean looking oozing flaky patch on her chin that won't go away and is really driving her insane. Because of the drooling, it's hard to keep the area clean... I've been putting some hydrocortisone & lanolin to try and heal it, but it keeps on coming back
Help :

Kris: nope, never tried a Peewell. But they're affordable and cute, so I say go for it!! You know what I'm loving right now, Clovers. I've got 2 mediums (the fit is large) and they're great. Not cute prints, just cotton velour, but really simple and nice. I think I'm gonna sell my 2 GM prints to fund some of these
#77 of 717 Old 02-03-2008, 10:57 PM

New here, but my boy was born on Earth day: 2007. I was just nosing around these threads...all of your babies are sooo sweet and beautiful! thanks for sharing. I've been doing a bit of eczema research ( I make organic herbal body care products) and came across some of these suggestions. I haven't tried any myself, but if you are feeling adventurous...a simple salve made of honey, olive oil and beeswax and also topical b12...I was thinking of crushing some up in a mortar and pestle, adding some evening primrose oil or rosehip seed oil and applying. anyway, love to all!
#78 of 717 Old 02-03-2008, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunabelly View Post

Valentine's Day: Dh bought me a new pair of red Earth shoes for my Vday present. .
I hadn't heard of those before. I looked them up. Which kind did you get? I'm sold by the ad stating: burn more calories with every step. Oh god - I need to wear those constantly...

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
#79 of 717 Old 02-03-2008, 11:07 PM

Nani: love the picture with the pink bow! So girly!

Birthdays: Sophia's birthday is about a week before Ellysia's so we are going to combine them to the same day. I think I will do separate cakes. Ellysia wants her theme to be "Super Why" (it is the Super Readers tv show on PBS) so Sophia is going to have an ABC theme to tie into the reading theme. I know my sisters and parents are going to get Sophia a little tykes kitchen. (4th girl is hard to buy for...) DH doesn't know yet. He swears we have too much big stuff, but the girls love playing with a kitchen set and I know Sophia will grow into it.

eczema: Claire has a lot of it. From my reading you want to make sure you have enough fatty acids in their diet. You might consider getting in some fish oil or flax seed oil. I rub evening primrose oil on Claire and that helps a lot.

#80 of 717 Old 02-04-2008, 12:05 AM

Re: Eczema...
what finally worked is really figuring out what she reacted to and the list was much longer than the list of what she could actually eat. I cut everything from our diet, except rice, chicken and broccoli for a whole week. Since I was still bf (Sophia was about 10 months old), it was really hard on me. She just had breast milk and rice and greens. Then I slowly added foods back in, and I'm still doing that to this day, she still hasn't had any tomatoes, egg whites, soy and a lot of spices.
I kept a food diary for every meal for severral weeks and it can take up to four days for a reaction to come thru the skin, so it's tricky. Her skin is so beautiful now, she just outgrew most of it as I kept it out of her system as much as I could.
I gave her lots of dha oils, primrose oil, borage oil, veggies. At first she didn't even tolerate bifi/acidophilus, but we started experimenting a lot to add healthy things into her diet and ended up creating a fabulous shake for her using rice protein, Udo's oil, Vit.C, and B, plus banana, rice milk and minerals. It became her staple food. My story is endless about all the things we did to make her life tolerable. I had to bind her arms and legs, taping her ankles and wrists so she wouldn't scratch herself bloody. It was heart breaking. Never a dress, not even in summer time. Always in tights or taped pants and shirts. She would just itch herself to a bloody mess, screaming and crying on most days. And yes, cortisone cream up the wazoo, but as little as she could handle. i also made my own creams and salves, also with neem oil, but nothing cured it externally. The healing had to happen from the inside, from the guts and her digestion.
Hey, my writing isn't that bad after the Superbowl Party and two margaritas
Oh, and we did the NAET treatment, it worked temporarily, but it was good to find out what caused her problems at least by doing the muscle testing. She was allergic to my breastmilk! She got trated for that and then it was better. Things have steadily improved since she was about 14 months or so...
Now she has asthma.

#81 of 717 Old 02-04-2008, 12:32 AM

Wow Nani, what an ordeal you went through! And here I am complaining about one measly patch of eczema. I can just imagine how heartbreaking it must've been for you! Poor Sophia, what a brave little girl!

I doubt her eczema is a reaction from my breastmilk as it started after starting solids and seems to react sporadically. I will definitely keep a food journal to try and see what my trigger it. She had a lot of cheese last week, so I'm suspecting dairy which is a known eczema trigger. I'll add probiotics to the diet and give neem a try.
#82 of 717 Old 02-04-2008, 02:46 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I doubt her eczema is a reaction from my breastmilk as it started after starting solids and seems to react sporadically. I will definitely keep a food journal to try and see what my trigger it. She had a lot of cheese last week, so I'm suspecting dairy which is a known eczema trigger. I'll add probiotics to the diet and give neem a try.
Diary was the trigger for Max so out that went. Do keep in mind it takes a few weeks to get out of your systems. Cod Liver Oil helped and he actually liked it (lemon flavor), which helped, too. He eventually outgrew the eczema. Poor Romi, I hope it doesn't bother her much..
#83 of 717 Old 02-04-2008, 02:47 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclisa View Post
I'm sold by the ad stating: burn more calories with every step. Oh god - I need to wear those constantly...
#84 of 717 Old 02-04-2008, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclisa View Post
eczema: Claire has a lot of it. From my reading you want to make sure you have enough fatty acids in their diet. You might consider getting in some fish oil or flax seed oil. I rub evening primrose oil on Claire and that helps a lot.
ooh...thanks!

#85 of 717 Old 02-04-2008, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunabelly View Post
Hey there mamas,

These threads go so fast, and I never have time catch up on reading them!

I have a question: Can you tell the difference between babbling and real words? Sometimes Seamus says mama with such a demanding voice that I think he must mean me, but I'm not sure because he also does the rambling mamamamama thing.

Valentine's Day: Dh bought me a new pair of red Earth shoes for my Vday present. I've given up on trying to be surprised, and now I just tell him exactly what I want. I figure they're red, so that's a perfect gift. Oh, and the saleswoman tried to kiss him! Weird.

Anyway, we don't have plans to go out because it seems like a hassle. I'm thinking I might send the kids to a babysitter on the Sunday after so we can have some quiet time alone at home-- maybe that will be my present to him.
red earthshoes--nice!! i've been eyeing some red earth boots! check out
if anyone else likes earth shoes--check out this place for earthshoe deals...and it's free shipping and a little independent store!

Quote:
Nani: what finally worked? Liam has slight eczema, but nothing drastic. Romi has a mean looking oozing flaky patch on her chin that won't go away and is really driving her insane. Because of the drooling, it's hard to keep the area clean... I've been putting some hydrocortisone & lanolin to try and heal it, but it keeps on coming back
Help :

Kris: nope, never tried a Peewell. But they're affordable and cute, so I say go for it!! You know what I'm loving right now, Clovers. I've got 2 mediums (the fit is large) and they're great. Not cute prints, just cotton velour, but really simple and nice. I think I'm gonna sell my 2 GM prints to fund some of these
hmmm clovers---i'll have to check those out i think i may try a peewell. and i just said this to queen--but i'd like 2 more gms, so if you do want to sell them, let me know.

#86 of 717 Old 02-04-2008, 09:47 AM

oh and hi to the new mamas here!

#87 of 717 Old 02-04-2008, 09:55 AM

on and another thing re: ezcema

neem oil has worked well for us...it smells a little like garlic but it works really well-- for yeast rashes too!! but i know you should really treat eczema "from the inside out", like you all have said about different foods causing it. i'm suspicious of wheat, but don't know how to remove that from a picky 3yo diet. if it's dairy, we're in trouble. kaylo and adam are huge dairy guys and we even have a milk cow.

#88 of 717 Old 02-04-2008, 10:32 AM

Good morning ladies!
And yes, it is a good morning, the sun is even out! I'm just cutting in to share that we had a great night last night- we moved Axel out to his new room in the addition, and we moved Evangeline to his room- I was worried I'd be spending the night down with her, but what a good idea! Axel slept great- from 5 minutes after he went to bed until 7:30. And Evangeline- well,predictably she woke up after we had her settled down at 11 or 12, but then she slept till 4, when I went down to feed her, and then till 7:30 too! Wow, I'm so thankful. She did wake up once or twice (I can hear very clearly, our house is very open and of course her door was open) but she went back to sleep within a minute (otherwise I would have gone down). Probably because she couldn't see us. And I think when we're all in a room together we're very sensitive to each others' noises- like, the last couple nights I would wake up when she moved, or hold my breath to hear her spitting out her soother.
I may have to bring her up to bed for her morning nurse though, cuz I'll miss her snuggly in our bed.
this is the end of the official cosleeping...bittersweet...

oh, and doudat- what prints/colours would you be selling??

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 
#89 of 717 Old 02-04-2008, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of my Castle View Post
Good morning ladies!
And yes, it is a good morning, the sun is even out! I'm just cutting in to share that we had a great night last night- we moved Axel out to his new room in the addition, and we moved Evangeline to his room- I was worried I'd be spending the night down with her, but what a good idea! Axel slept great- from 5 minutes after he went to bed until 7:30. And Evangeline- well,predictably she woke up after we had her settled down at 11 or 12, but then she slept till 4, when I went down to feed her, and then till 7:30 too! Wow, I'm so thankful. She did wake up once or twice (I can hear very clearly, our house is very open and of course her door was open) but she went back to sleep within a minute (otherwise I would have gone down). Probably because she couldn't see us. And I think when we're all in a room together we're very sensitive to each others' noises- like, the last couple nights I would wake up when she moved, or hold my breath to hear her spitting out her soother.
I may have to bring her up to bed for her morning nurse though, cuz I'll miss her snuggly in our bed.
this is the end of the official cosleeping...bittersweet...

oh, and doudat- what prints/colours would you be selling??
maybe you can cosleep again when she sleeps thru the night better! i'm glad that you all slept much better! sleep makes so much difference for health/happiness/etc!!!

hmmm, maybe we'll end up doing a little swapping/buying of gms i'll buy yours, you'll buy hers

#90 of 717 Old 02-04-2008, 11:07 AM

Evangeline is still the same or midly better with her cold. I've been squirting bm up her nose (thanks kris!) and it does seem to help.

I think she's losing weight! She has been a picky eater lately, also crawling. Oh ya- she's crawling! Well, a one-foot-one-knee crawl- it's so cute- she's the little turtle who one the race. Slow but steady!

Sorry to hear so many people are having skin problems. I didn't know it was so common.

Funny about the baby books- I don't even have one for Eva.

Cute picks, everyone- loved the 'facial' one of Romea!
A

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page