APRIL 2007 Mamas - It's February Already? - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#181 of 717 Old 02-08-2008, 01:29 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
night time sleeping, Caroline still nurses at night but not so i need to get up or that it bothers me at all ( tho i have been there with toddlers before so i totally know what you all are feeling just not yet with Caroline)
but what is driving me insane is i put her to bed then i want/need some time to myself or with Dave after all the kids are in bed, well Caroline keeps freaking waking up sometimes once sometimes 5x's before i go to bed, she can always be nursed back down so its not like shes really waking but i have to go and lay there, and its really frustrating me! i want her to go to bed and sleep from 9-12 with out me! then i don't mind nursing when i get in bed and several times at night, i just want to have a few hours to myself!! one thing i have learned and i am sure you have all heard this before is that this to shall pass! its so true so when i find myself getting so pissed that i have to go back yet again i remind myself of my almost 10 year old my now 7 yr old and as of tomorrow my 5 year old all who don't need me for sleep anymore! Elizabeth won't even sleep with me if shes sick! she says i move to much!! LOL, it really is so sad! and i know, now just how short 10 years really is cause i SWEAR to you that Elizabeth was just born!!! lol

ok i am a little sad tonight Hailey turned 7 on tuesday and sam Turns 5 tomorrow and i just can't believe how big they are!!!

i hope everyone has a good night sleep tonight!!!

Susan, Mom to 4- Elizabeth 12, Hailey 9, Sammy 7, Caroline 3
#182 of 717 Old 02-08-2008, 01:29 AM - Thread Starter

I've been thinking I need to feed Scarlet more solids, to start on the weaning journey, but I'm just lazy lately...about everything. :

However, planning my trip back east has infused me with some excitement, and I'm hoping for a good recharge from the travel. I NEED A BREAK FROM HOUSEHOLD MANAGEMENT!!!!! Thankfully, dh understands and I got no guff when I told him I'm going it solo (with dear children, of course). Hooray, I'll be on my own and then spoiled by family for days, and seeing an old, old friend expecting her first babe, just what the doctor ordered. Hoping to see some new friends, too.
#183 of 717 Old 02-08-2008, 01:29 AM - Thread Starter

Finally made it to page 10!
#184 of 717 Old 02-08-2008, 01:33 AM

Caroline eats maybe 2 bites if i try to put it in her mouth, so stuffing her full doesn't work!!! lol

where east are you headed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxiMom View Post
I've been thinking I need to feed Scarlet more solids, to start on the weaning journey, but I'm just lazy lately...about everything. :

However, planning my trip back east has infused me with some excitement, and I'm hoping for a good recharge from the travel. I NEED A BREAK FROM HOUSEHOLD MANAGEMENT!!!!! Thankfully, dh understands and I got no guff when I told him I'm going it solo (with dear children, of course). Hooray, I'll be on my own and then spoiled by family for days, and seeing an old, old friend expecting her first babe, just what the doctor ordered. Hoping to see some new friends, too.

#185 of 717 Old 02-08-2008, 01:33 AM - Thread Starter

Happy Birthday to your kids, Ulitmate!
#186 of 717 Old 02-08-2008, 01:35 AM

Quote:
Happy Birthday to your kids, Ulitmate!
thank you! but i am sad LOL ( in april when Elizabeth really turns 10 and Caroline turns 1 i should be a huge mess)

oh re-thirsties thanks for the answers everyone, i got an orange cover coming for $8 off of DS!!! yay! so i will try it out

#187 of 717 Old 02-08-2008, 01:39 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateSerj View Post
Caroline eats maybe 2 bites if i try to put it in her mouth, so stuffing her full doesn't work!!! lol

where east are you headed?
Back to Michigan, wanna meet up with some of us??????
#188 of 717 Old 02-08-2008, 01:41 AM

Quote:
Back to Michigan, wanna meet up with some of us??????

Michigan is a bit to far tho it would of been fun!! there are a bunch of us marylanders and we need to plan a meet up! i know lilmama already!

#189 of 717 Old 02-08-2008, 04:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of my Castle View Post
I saw this somewhere else on this board and it describes me, 'to crunchy people, I'm mainstream, to mainstream people, I'm crunchy'!
Hey, that's me, too!

Quote:
but what is driving me insane is i put her to bed then i want/need some time to myself or with Dave after all the kids are in bed, well Caroline keeps freaking waking up sometimes once sometimes 5x's before i go to bed, she can always be nursed back down so its not like shes really waking but i have to go and lay there, and its really frustrating me! i want her to go to bed and sleep from 9-12 with out me!
That's exactly what Seamus does! Then he'll sleep from about midnight to 4ish, and then wake up every two hours.

Happy bday to your babies! My girl is turning 11 on Sunday.

Off to Bedfordshire!

Trish: Mama to Buckaroo , Sweet P :, and Obo Difficult wife of Rick :
#190 of 717 Old 02-08-2008, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of my Castle View Post
Hey guys, guess why I'm pumping???
You got it! Evangeline is still sleeping!!! : : :
She's either slept through until 12:30 or 2:30 I can't remember which, but no matter, at the least that's 6 hours- and that meant 5 hours solid sleep for me!: (imagine if it was from 12:30, though??)

A
i was thinking of you this morning when my kids were up before 6! grrr. no party here. i'm still tired. i worked last night.

chicken3.gif mama knit.gif to 3 farmboys (9 reading.gif, 6 blahblah.gif & 3 notes2.gif ) and 1 farmgirl (baby.gif)
#191 of 717 Old 02-08-2008, 08:50 AM

happy birthday to hailey and sam!

chicken3.gif mama knit.gif to 3 farmboys (9 reading.gif, 6 blahblah.gif & 3 notes2.gif ) and 1 farmgirl (baby.gif)
#192 of 717 Old 02-08-2008, 08:52 AM

Quote:

oh a break sounds wonderful! i'm glad you'll get spoiled from your family for a while. oh, i hope i can meet you all. when in march?

#193 of 717 Old 02-08-2008, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Michigan is a bit to far tho it would of been fun!! there are a bunch of us marylanders and we need to plan a meet up! i know lilmama already!
yep yep yeppers! We are trying to get our condo ready to go on the market this weekend, and are SO busy. Ari asked a few days ago"Are we ever going to do anything fun on the weekend again?" I said we would - once the house was ready!
#194 of 717 Old 02-08-2008, 11:12 AM

Kelsi are you coming to the LLL conference in march??

#195 of 717 Old 02-08-2008, 11:17 AM

I have no time to read everything... Romi has taken to grabbing my laptop, she's obsessed with it : she climbs on the sofa, grabs it and tries to make it fall down. Right now she's sleeping on me, but it won't last long!!

Romi was sleeping really well the past few days, not as well as Eva, but waking up twice to nurse, which I'm ok with. BUT, she's starting a cold and it was terrible last night She woke up at 10h30pm, dh went to lay down with her and at one point she was crying so much that I went in and nursed her back to sleep. She had a very fitful night.

I'm not sure I'd be willing to nightwean her yet, 10 months is still young. I like Finnsmama's link, that's pretty much what we did when Liam was small. I think I'll do the same thing when she'll be closer to a year old.

Solids: when I feed her too much (and boy can she eat!) then she won't nurse before going to bed and wakes even earlier. So that didn't work for us.

Mmmmm, I think that's it for now. I'll try and backpedal a bit and read the posts that I missed!
#196 of 717 Old 02-08-2008, 12:48 PM

Ok, doudat I just checked in at your blog. First of all, no matter how many times I see that face-pressed-against-the-glass pic, I just laugh out loud. It is so. funny.
Secondly, I also ashamedly admit I laughed at the pic of Liam with Romi, and her crying. Oh, so sad! But it's been the same around here lately, axel has this totally calm agression to her. It's like someone just told him he should try to hurt her. Like, he walks by her, notices her hands are on the floor, backs up and steps on her fingers. Grabs any toys right out of her hands. Sitting together, suddenly and causually slaps her. SHe's in the way? Slowly shoves her right into his tool box. Sometimes she just looks at him with these eyes- why? why do you want to hurt me? Sometimes she looks at him with these eyes- lucky for you I'm physically incapable of hurting you back, just wait though, just wait because I'm planning, I'm storing it up, and I will remember all the times you hit me with the broom!
Sigh. Cry. I remember feeling that animosity towards my sister. (she was younger, she just annoyed me all the time, until I was 17) I really want to spare them that, but I don't know how. He was so, benevolant up until recently.
We had another good night. I'm so thankful that this is happening without any trouble, tears, or fighting. It's just like we had to encourage it, or even enable it, and we're headed that way. Like finnsmama said, setbacks are no big deal, I'm prepared to move this way for several months, and I don't mind getting up once or twice, but if I get a 5-6 hour block or solid sleep, I'm happy. And that will slowly stretch out. Last night I put her down at 11, was up till 12 (duh :cukoo: ) she woke at 5 am, nursed her, put her down until 8am. Works for me!!

Glad you're travelling Maximom- sounds like a great, much needed trip!
Ultimate, happy birthday to your kiddos!
Kris- sorry you're tired today take it easy!
A

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 
#197 of 717 Old 02-08-2008, 01:52 PM

queen- your description of axel and eva is just like zenon and kaylo. if zenon even looks at one of kaylo's toys, he'll pound zenon's fingers or push him. he's become very aggressive. and he used to be so sweet. poor zenon just loves kaylo...laughs at everything he does and follows him around.

#198 of 717 Old 02-08-2008, 03:34 PM

Count me in the sad mama group. My oldest turns 7 next week. I really can't believe it can really be 7 years ago.

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
#199 of 717 Old 02-08-2008, 03:39 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by krismarie View Post
oh a break sounds wonderful! i'm glad you'll get spoiled from your family for a while. oh, i hope i can meet you all. when in march?
March 26 - April 1, I'm so excited!!! Can't believe I'm excited to travel, airports are such hell these days, but I'm looking at it as an adventure. Call me stealth traveler, I'll blend in so well, no one will know I'm there.

Gotta put fussy babe down for nap, bbl.
#200 of 717 Old 02-08-2008, 05:27 PM

another wonderful 3yo body comment.

just said to me--
"zenon has small nipples,
i have small nipples,
papa has small nipples,
you have biiiiggg nipples."

how nice.

#201 of 717 Old 02-08-2008, 05:40 PM

kris- My mil just gave Ion markers to make his very first drawing ever. We'll send it to your sis

and.....as of 8 am my SIL was back at my house in Lansing with 2 minutes between contractions! We haven't heard anything since so it may not be another fakeout.
#202 of 717 Old 02-08-2008, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanno View Post
kris- My mil just gave Ion markers to make his very first drawing ever. We'll send it to your sis

and.....as of 8 am my SIL was back at my house in Lansing with 2 minutes between contractions! We haven't heard anything since so it may not be another fakeout.
aww its a good day to have a baby!!!

#203 of 717 Old 02-08-2008, 05:56 PM

Quote:

woohoo! how exciting!! keep us posted!!! this is my friend amy's (kundalini-mamas) birthday.

and that picture is just wonderful! she will : it! you are so sweet

#204 of 717 Old 02-08-2008, 07:01 PM

So, about teething?? can everyone/anyone please tell me it's normal for my baby's gums to be a bleeding blistered mess? I hate to sound like a flake but he's got 3 coming at a time and it looks terrible. Cutting the first 2 were nothing like this. He's in a pretty okay mood but he's not really being his normal self either. He's sorting though all the cupboards and boxes and bags and baskets and basically trashing my inlaw's fancy house. He's also been putting things he finds in one cupboard 'away' in another part of the house.
#205 of 717 Old 02-08-2008, 08:07 PM

SHE is here!!!!!
I have no details other than that, but I'm an aunt
:::
#206 of 717 Old 02-08-2008, 08:34 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
SHE is here!!!!!
Congratulations, Auntie! Can't wait to hear the details!!!!
#207 of 717 Old 02-08-2008, 08:35 PM

CONGRATS!

how wonderful! :

#208 of 717 Old 02-08-2008, 08:37 PM

oh and i don't know about the teething--i think kaylo's gums bleed a little bit. i imagine that it happens with teething... especially if he has 3 coming through at once!

#209 of 717 Old 02-08-2008, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krismarie View Post
another wonderful 3yo body comment.

just said to me--
"zenon has small nipples,
i have small nipples,
papa has small nipples,
you have biiiiggg nipples."

how nice.

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
#210 of 717 Old 02-08-2008, 08:38 PM

Quote:
SHE is here!!!!!

How exciting!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page