APRIL 2007 Mamas - It's February Already? - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-10-2008, 11:20 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of my Castle View Post
Cool- that would be so great! I'm definately going to bring Evangeline, but probably not Axel because I actually want to watch the movie! I plan on going up even if no one comes with me, but I'm trying to convince friends/family etc to come, likely, at least one friend is coming who will be meeting people there too. Of course, weather permitting like you say. But I would love to meet up with you!
Hey, what the heck is this all about? You guys are meeting?? I was supposed to meet Anika first :

Kris: Zenon cracks me up, he's such a doll!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2008, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanno View Post
We saw pics of the little sweetheart and she's 7lbs, 18" and just perfect. Her first outfit is Ion's first outfit, down to the diaper We'll probably go home tomorrow night if they feel okay with that and we'll sleep in the playroom until they want to leave. They can stay for months as far as I'm concerned I hope I make a good aunt!
How sweet!! You're so lucky, I'd love to cuddle a newborn once more. Makes me all nostalgic to think we were there not so long ago...
Old 02-10-2008, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Evangeline slept from 11:30 - 7:30 last night. I didn't do anything, it just happened.
:cukoo :cukoo :cukoo :bouncers :cukoo :cukoo

And my big boy son keeps waking up with dry pull ups :cry What is happening to my family??
A
Lucky you, Romi is sleeping like her old recent self. Which means every two hours, she's up.

Liam poops on the potty now :: It is sooo amazing!!! Although he isn't shy about it at all. He has a potty in the living room and his bedroom and he always needs someone with him at all times!! He sleeps in a trainer and wakes up dry 75% of the time, which is ok with me. And he's in big boy undies all day!! I got some cute underwear for him at H&M and he loves them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arismomkoofie View Post
I will try!

When ari was little we didn't have stairs, and she was not a climber anyway. Abby is! Yesterday she also climbed on top of a big cardboard box also - so cute! The house we want to buy has only basement stairs too, and our condo goes on the market today! I hope it sells...
Scary stuff!! We only have steps to go down to the basement (very steep scary stairs) and I'm so scared of them... I always have images of her diving face down and breaking her neck

And good luck selling your condo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaybeGracie View Post
Hello, another April 07 mama here. My DS, Jacob, was born on April 16th. I've been lurking on MDC since before my son's birth and now find that I need the interaction with like-minded mamas more than ever. I just posted an intro here. I hope to get to know you guys better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMomma83 View Post
Johnny has started letting go of furniture and walking 2-5 steps (until he falls, because he doesn't stand well lol) today..but he was doing this at my SIL's carpeted house, I hope he doesn't hurt himself at home!
Us too! She's taken a few steps the past few days, I can't believe our babies are growing up so fast!
Old 02-11-2008, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanno View Post
kris- My mil just gave Ion markers to make his very first drawing ever. We'll send it to your sis
Wow! He's a little Jackson Pollock! That's really cute...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaybeGracie View Post
Hello, another April 07 mama here. My DS, Jacob, was born on April 16th. I've been lurking on MDC since before my son's birth and now find that I need the interaction with like-minded mamas more than ever. I just posted an intro here. I hope to get to know you guys better.
Welcome from another Ontarion! We're a chatty bunch here, so don't be afraid to post updated, even if you can't keep up with the thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by krismarie View Post
funny zenon picture here
Those boys are so cute...Zenon looks just like you don't you think?
How's your sister doing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by doudat View Post
Hey, what the heck is this all about? You guys are meeting?? I was supposed to meet Anika first :
It looks like I'm going for sure to the film: (even though it stresses me out driving in Toronto!) but not likely to Ottawa next weekend. The weather has just been too crazy so dp can't leave town and I'm not comfortable driving so far by myself. But I will definitely be out that way sometime soon since my sister is moving to New Zealand in the summer so I want to see her as much as possible before then.

arismom, how's the house hunting going? I'm sorry to hear about the house you wanted going to someone else. Is there a chance that may fall through still?

Pictures!!
Just standing around in his undies
Fun with pipe cleaners<----this is Arlo's "what stinks??" face
And one of Finn 'cause he's so cute!

Mama to Finn (04/05) Arlo (04/07) and Henry (04/10)
Old 02-11-2008, 12:38 AM

Quote:

Us too! She's taken a few steps the past few days, I can't believe our babies are growing up so fast!

What??? Walking?? Next thing you know, these kids will be in college...
So how many are walking (or taking steps) in this ddc now anyway?

A

Old 02-11-2008, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finn'smama View Post

A
But she doesn't have any teeth, so she won't be very popular in college
Or, maybe she will be?

ETA: you suck for not coming to Mtl
And Arlo and Finn are so cute, love the pipecleaner pictures!
Old 02-11-2008, 01:30 AM

Old 02-11-2008, 01:39 AM

Quote:

It looks like I'm going for sure to the film: (even though it stresses me out driving in Toronto!) but not likely to Ottawa next weekend. The weather has just been too crazy so dp can't leave town and I'm not comfortable driving so far by myself. But I will definitely be out that way sometime soon since my sister is moving to New Zealand in the summer so I want to see her as much as possible before then.
Really? YAY! that's so great- I'm excited to meet you! You're bringing Arlo, right? What about Finn and your dh?

Quote:
na na na na na!
However, my grandmama lives in Ottawa- so when you decide to go up there, Anika, let me know too and we'll have fun meeting Myriam!
A

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 
Old 02-11-2008, 01:47 AM

Quote:
Or, maybe she will be?

bad mama!

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 
Old 02-11-2008, 01:50 AM

Quote:
Or, maybe she will be?

Another walker!! That pic in the cart is hilarious! What a cutey...
Quote:
Really? YAY! that's so great- I'm excited to meet you! You're bringing Arlo, right? What about Finn and your dh?

However, my grandmama lives in Ottawa- so when you decide to go up there, Anika, let me know too and we'll have fun meeting Myriam!
A
Yes, I'm bringing Arlo, but dp doesn't want to see the show, so I'm meeting a good friend of mine and we're going together. I'm leaving Finn at home with Trent. He is way too wild for that kind of thing!

A

Old 02-11-2008, 01:54 AM

Do you have a cell phone Queen?

Old 02-11-2008, 02:03 AM

Quote:
Liam poops on the potty now :: It is sooo amazing!!! Although he isn't shy about it at all. He has a potty in the living room and his bedroom and he always needs someone with him at all times!! He sleeps in a trainer and wakes up dry 75% of the time, which is ok with me. And he's in big boy undies all day!! I got some cute underwear for him at H&M and he loves them.
!
Isn't it GREAT??

Lilmomma- Johnny can really go!! Love that pic of him sleeping in the cart- awww!

Krismarie- cute pic of zenon looking at himself- that's so funny!

So Eva pulls out the pout. Axel never did- that kid can make you cringe and moan just watching him, but he doesn't cry and he doesn't fake it, not even if he actually hurts himself. (I'm otay!)(Unless he's super tired and cranky or something) But Evangeline will have her feelings hurt, or almost hurt herself, or not quite do something that she's trying to do, and she'll start to fake cry! It's hilarious and ridiculous, and if I'd had her first I'd be all 'oh, honey, oh baby come to mama' but b/c I had this tough-as-nails kid first I'm like 'what!? your face didn't even hit the ground!' Is it a girl thing? Is it personality? So weird! She screws up her face, gets all red, her eyes just well right up, or she'll try to cry.

Old 02-11-2008, 02:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMomma83 View Post
He is so cute!! Funny cause he's identical to Romi in the way he squeels and takes his steps, it was like watching her

Queen: I'm jealous, NO FAIR!! But if Anika comes by this neck of the wood, we should totally all meet up!! Maybe Kris could drive up here too, she's not far from the border
Old 02-11-2008, 02:30 AM

Quote:
So Eva pulls out the pout. Axel never did- that kid can make you cringe and moan just watching him, but he doesn't cry and he doesn't fake it, not even if he actually hurts himself. (I'm otay!)(Unless he's super tired and cranky or something) But Evangeline will have her feelings hurt, or almost hurt herself, or not quite do something that she's trying to do, and she'll start to fake cry! It's hilarious and ridiculous, and if I'd had her first I'd be all 'oh, honey, oh baby come to mama' but b/c I had this tough-as-nails kid first I'm like 'what!? your face didn't even hit the ground!' Is it a girl thing? Is it personality? So weird! She screws up her face, gets all red, her eyes just well right up, or she'll try to cry.
It's personality for sure cause Liam cries for EVERYTHING. He'll cry if the bread is too hard, the boy is such a wimp And Romi's the same. Especially when she's tired, she'll cry if she falls on her butt.
Old 02-11-2008, 02:35 AM

Oh I almost forgot, we went to the Biodome today and while walking there (in the snow and wind, 10 minute walk) Liam asks to be in my arms cause it's too far and too hard for him to walk... So I pick him up and tell him to hold on cause I'm moving fast go get inside and halfway there he says "pipi". I'm like, you have to go now? And he says no, and looks at me defeated. I put him down and he says "pipi" all sad and looks down at his feet He peed on himself. We're in the middle of a snow tornado with no change of clothes and the boy is drenched. Pee in his boots, his double layered pants, everything... We get in and dh tries to dry his smelly pee clothes in the bathroom while Liam walks through the Biodome naked in his winter coat, barefoot in his pee-boots and wearing his sister's Fuzzibunz in the middle of 800 Japanese tourists. We looked like freaks :
Old 02-11-2008, 02:44 AM

awww!!!
he is soo walking!! don't let him teach Caroline that!!! ( she cruised 3 steps today on from daddy to mommy on the couch )

Susan, Mom to 4- Elizabeth 12, Hailey 9, Sammy 7, Caroline 3
Old 02-11-2008, 02:48 AM

Quote:
Isn't it GREAT??

Lilmomma- Johnny can really go!! Love that pic of him sleeping in the cart- awww!

Krismarie- cute pic of zenon looking at himself- that's so funny!

Yes its a girl thing I SWEAR!! i have 3 and one boy so i know LOL
Caroline was BORN pouting!!! i swear the first time i went to nurse her she didn't want to and pouted at me!!!!

Old 02-11-2008, 02:53 AM

Quote:
Oh I almost forgot, we went to the Biodome today and while walking there (in the snow and wind, 10 minute walk) Liam asks to be in my arms cause it's too far and too hard for him to walk... So I pick him up and tell him to hold on cause I'm moving fast go get inside and halfway there he says "pipi". I'm like, you have to go now? And he says no, and looks at me defeated. I put him down and he says "pipi" all sad and looks down at his feet He peed on himself. We're in the middle of a snow tornado with no change of clothes and the boy is drenched. Pee in his boots, his double layered pants, everything... We get in and dh tries to dry his smelly pee clothes in the bathroom while Liam walks through the Biodome naked in his winter coat, barefoot in his pee-boots and wearing his sister's Fuzzibunz in the middle of 800 Japanese tourists. We looked like freaks :
omg thats just to funny!!! poor boy tho!! did you get a picture of him?!
Sam once exploded out to eat one night when he was about 2 and i had no wipes no change of clothes no nothing but a diaper , so i got him cleaned up with paper towels got a diaper on him and his coat, and we ate dinner i am sure people thought i was nuts! lol

Old 02-11-2008, 06:30 AM

gosh, i've gotten behind, forgot all about checking up on you ladies
i changed my signature, to add my blog. hopefully i'll be back soon to talk more. i'm just busy feeling lately... you all know that story.

Wife to J. Mama to girly S (4/07), little boy blue E (1/10) and tiny peanut girl due (7/12)

Old 02-11-2008, 09:58 AM

wow, lots to respond to--i'll start with these!

Quote:
Those boys are so cute...Zenon looks just like you don't you think?
How's your sister doing?
Thanks! and yes my sister is alright--the manager of the building is great. her roof was caving in and he got a bunch of her stuff out. so she is as my parents sifting through it and has more than she thought she would. many of the clothes are salvageable and some of the books too! what a nice guy. he was still in the clothes he left the fire in as of saturday!

that will be so fun for all of you to meet up! i hope it's good weather for driving!

Pictures!!
Just standing around in his undies
Fun with pipe cleaners<----this is Arlo's "what stinks??" face
And one of Finn 'cause he's so cute!
i can't get over how old he looks! is arlo really tall/long? cute one of finn and of all three of you. i always like your hair!

Quote:
Or, maybe she will be?

you are naughty! or this could be really harmless and i'm really naughty... :
i'll have to go back and watch the videos but cute pictures! i love the sleepin in the cart one.

Quote:
oh i want to go the biodome! (is there a "fit-throwing" smiley?--probably not, i'm sure i would have used it for kaylo already) that is sad (poor liam) and very funny :

mama  to 3 farmboys (, & ) and 1 farmgirl ()
Old 02-11-2008, 10:02 AM

Quote:

congrats! kaylo has been potty trained since may (is fine during day and night) but still wants to poop in a diaper. : and he first started "training" by poopin in his little pot! the night-time took much longer than daytimes...he'll start going dry through the night eventually how nice, cute H&M undies--kaylo needed "cars" and "thomas the train"

wow!

Old 02-11-2008, 11:45 AM

Quote:
oh i want to go the biodome! (is there a "fit-throwing" smiley?--probably not, i'm sure i would have used it for kaylo already) that is sad (poor liam) and very funny :
Come to Montreal We could meet here with Queen and Anika You're like 2 hours away from here!!
Old 02-11-2008, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Come to Montreal We could meet here with Queen and Anika You're like 2 hours away from here!!
2 hours?? You guys should be hanging out all the time!

Old 02-11-2008, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Do you have a cell phone Queen?
yep! I'll pm you- sorry didn't see this last night-

Old 02-11-2008, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Ya! closer than us to you!

Old 02-11-2008, 12:23 PM

Quote:
wow, lots to respond to--i'll start with these!

i can't get over how old he looks! is arlo really tall/long? cute one of finn and of all three of you. i always like your hair!
I think he's pretty long and lean. Trent is 6'4" so I imagine I'm gonna have some tall boys on my hands! Funny you should mention my hair, it's been driving me crazy and I was going to ask you girls if you thought I should dread it! Which would be kinda weird but I don't want to cut it

Old 02-11-2008, 01:13 PM

Quote:
we should! wonder what halfway is... burlington or a little bit more north?
how far from burlington are you, doudat? i'd love to go up to the biodome and meet you up there but know it won't happen too soon.

Old 02-11-2008, 09:32 PM

totally kaylo....
my friend brooke drops off our buying club order which has in it 2 packages of pads (happen to be green). kaylo is so excited--square bales! adam gets home and kaylo is so excited (jumping/wideeyed) to tell him brooke brought over 2 square bales for him!!!

edit--i should clarify just in case...we're talking hay square bales to use with his tractors.

Old 02-11-2008, 10:10 PM

Someone asked about our house hunt but it was a few pages ago... We found out this am that a condo across the hall is going on the market for $30k less then ours. Ours does have a new kitchen, but not $30k worth! So, if we can't get enough for our condo we have to stay here
Old 02-11-2008, 10:57 PM

Quote:

A
Seamus isn't walking. He pulls himself up, but his little legs aren't very strong, so he doesn't stand long.

Quote:
Or, maybe she will be?

Quote:
It's not a girl thing. Seamus pouts in a way that Olivia never did. I think he just has bigger lips for it. At this point it's hard not to think it's the cutest thing ever.

Quote:
I'm so glad I'm not the only one who has experiences like this! It makes me feel so much better about my loopy family!

Trish: Mama to Buckaroo , Sweet P :, and Obo Difficult wife of Rick :

User Tag List