Mothering Forum banner

APRIL 2007 Mamas - It's February Already?

16K views 716 replies 27 participants last post by  MaxiMom 
#1 ·
Yowza, it's time for a new thread! Sweet Scarlet is sleeping and Max is watching Bob the Builder
:, now I can sweep the floor!

Max turns 4 this month, can't believe it.

See less See more
#2 ·
Hi all, been busy this past month, but I am going to try to visit here more often again, since I really do enjoy this group. Desmond still isn't sleeping through the night, we're still on the waking every 2 hour schedule, sigh. Not much else happening here, he is taking independent steps occasionally, but he is still in the stage of thinking he needs to hold on even when he doesn't.

#4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by tabrizia View Post
Hi all, been busy this past month, but I am going to try to visit here more often again, since I really do enjoy this group. Desmond still isn't sleeping through the night, we're still on the waking every 2 hour schedule, sigh. Not much else happening here, he is taking independent steps occasionally, but he is still in the stage of thinking he needs to hold on even when he doesn't.
i've been wondering how you've been.

#5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaxiMom View Post
Yowza, it's time for a new thread! Sweet Scarlet is sleeping and Max is watching Bob the Builder
:, now I can sweep the floor!

Max turns 4 this month, can't believe it.
are kids are exactly the same ages!!
kaylo will be 4 this month too! i feel the same--i just can't believe it! will max go to

#7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by krismarie View Post
...school?? or are you homeschooling? or just not thinking about it yet?
i'm sort of thinking about it....but not really.

zenon posted that last one for me

Well, not really thinking about it.
Although we do plan on homeschooling, but who know when that will start, I feel overwhelmed most of the time already.

Glad you stopped in MizLiz and Tabrizia - I was wondering about you, too!

RivkaJean - Re: foods, I have been feeding Scarlet oatmeal for breakfast for the last few weeks and she's liking it. At dinner I give her a few bites of what we're having and today... she was eating yogurt by herself! I started to feed it to her and she grabbed the spoon out of my hand. So, I would just give her another spoonful and right into her mouth it went.
:
However, I'm not too serious about it yet, it's so much easier to just life my shirt, ya know?!

#8 ·
Re: foods - Chloe will eat nearly anything, so long as it doesn't taste bland. She's really into burrito fulling (spicy rice, beans and veggies), chili, oatmeal with raspberries, curried squash soup... she's such a great eater! My first dd was, and still is, really difficult to feed. She's really sensitive to food textures and fussy on top of this! It is nice to have one of the girls eat what I cook.

Re: homeschooling - we've been homeschooling since my ds was 8 (he's 12 now) and I find this time of year to be really overwhelming and I'm pretty unmotivated to do very much. So we take it slow for a couple of months and then start working a little harder once it looks like spring. We don't follow a very strict schedule at the best of times (we go with a mostly kid-led learning approach) but we do like to do a bit of sit down work when I'm feeling less like hibernating. HSing is great and if you are thinking about it, don't be intimidated into thinking that you aren't capable of doing it...

#9 ·
hehe i forgot its feb!! i should of started this this morning! :p

my heads hurting today we are still sick blah! caroline is better tho! been lazy with kids school work this week, oh well.

foods caroline barely eats just plays with food when we eat

2 of my kids have birthdays this month! Hailey will be 7 ib the 5th and Sammy will be 5 on the 8th!! time really does fly.

#10 ·
Ari turned 5 a week ago today... bittersweet. She is growing up! So is Abby... she is 10 mo tomorrow! At least I have one more to look forward to. Don't worry, I won't be pg soon. I want to be a SAHM so the next one will be planned with that in mind. Plus, I have an IUD 'cause I get pg at the drop of a hat!

#11 ·
Food- Johnny eats a lot of solids - just about everything we eat except things like nuts that scare me. He also is drinking milk like crazy!!! He's nursing like a 3wo! I am STARVING all the time, seriously- I went to a Mexican restaurant yesterday and ate a taco salad, a huge side of rice and TONS of chips...when I left I still felt hungry!!! But I'm still losing like 1-2lbs a week...plus I'm exhausted and I get nauseous if I don't snack...Anyone else having this? I think it's because he's nursing so much...I've weighed him before/after feeds and he seems to take about 3oz/side, last night he ate both sides and was biting me so I slipped a bottle in thinking he would just sip and drift off to sleep - he drank 9oz!! I think he's growing though...he feels REALLY heavy LOL.

So..I thought it was fluke yesterday when he said "no" but today he did it again several times in a row. I told him "no" (he was in the bathtub turning on the hot water) and removed his hand and he responded several times saying, "NO!" and then babbling at me in an "angry" voice. I'm hoping he was just mimicking. Then later on today he went into the bathroom, I took him out and closed the door...a few minutes later I couldn't find him anywhere.................
...until the bathroom door opened - he had managed to open the door, go inside and close the door behind him. I did buy a bunch of baby proofing items today!

Here's my question......what's everyone doing for V-day????

#13 ·
Desmond eats any and everything. The only thing I don't give him yet are nuts. He can eat a whole piece of banana or pumpkin bread if he is hungry, though some days he eats almost nothing. It really depends on the day. He loves blueberries, banana bread, pumpkin bread and anything spicy. I am really to lazy to do food that I have to feed him, because he will take the spoon away and it makes a huge mess, so he is mainly just getting finger foods now.

Desmond's latest trick (ie started happening last night apparently, but I didn't know about it till today) is he can take the cushion off the ottoman, and then use it to crawl up onto the sofa or chair. Which is not really a good thing, since that corner is not baby proofed yet... I think I need to move the ottoman and find something new to block that corner. He is really good at moving the cushion. On the plus side he knows how to climb down correctly, which is good, no more head first dives.

#15 ·
Quote:

doudat-- did you see those gm's goin for $45!!?? what the heck! that is cArazy.
Haha, yep major drama today on DS. Some people were irked about the way GM has been stocking lately, I must admit I am one of them. Turned me off the whole GM thing. The way Suzanne has been running her store, mostly stocking wishboxes and not really giving out info on when individual dipes would be available... And no one can say anything because people get super defensive about her. Anyways, some people decided to sell off their diapers for crazy prices as a kind of "protest" and people are actually buying them. Crazy, huh? And I sold my GM for 26$ppd

#17 ·
Happy February everyone!!

I'm having a rough time lately with Romi and sleep. Last night she woke up every 2 hours... I nurse her and she goes back to sleep until around 4am where she just stays ANGRY. Cries, yells, won't sleep. Last night dh left to take a walk with her in the stroller. At 3.30am. In the freezing cold. Nothing else was working. So I'm tired. He's tired. She's fine. Her chin scab is coming back, today she was grabbing at it, so now I'm thinking it might be eczema after all. Darn it. And it might be related to solids since it appeared more than a month ago. So now I'm trying to really keep it hydrated. Maybe I should cut out dairy...

That's it for now. I have a house to clean and clothes to fold. Yippy.

#18 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by doudat View Post
Haha, yep major drama today on DS. Some people were irked about the way GM has been stocking lately, I must admit I am one of them. Turned me off the whole GM thing. The way Suzanne has been running her store, mostly stocking wishboxes and not really giving out info on when individual dipes would be available... And no one can say anything because people get super defensive about her. Anyways, some people decided to sell off their diapers for crazy prices as a kind of "protest" and people are actually buying them. Crazy, huh? And I sold my GM for 26$ppd

And to think I *almost* fell for it and got on the GM bandwagon. Nope, I'll keep sitting here with my $6 dipes

#19 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by hanno View Post
And to think I *almost* fell for it and got on the GM bandwagon. Nope, I'll keep sitting here with my $6 dipes

I hear ya. I'm one of those "easily swayed" people, so I feed into the frenzy... Then I feel anxious about it. So I'm staying away from DS unless I need something... I need some interlock soakers so I've been lurking there for the past few days and kinda feeling amused about the whole diaper frenzy thing. I'm trying to stay detached

#22 ·
Quote:

i had no idea---too funny. i'm new to this all but it is annoying that there is a big show about how she's stocking on fri on the website/email and then it's one diaper! and of course, sold out instantly. and then wishboxes....grrr.

i can't believe they sold! well, now you know--you can sell even your used ones for a lot more!

#23 ·
Quote:

I hear ya. I'm one of those "easily swayed" people, so I feed into the frenzy... Then I feel anxious about it. So I'm staying away from DS unless I need something... I need some interlock soakers so I've been lurking there for the past few days and kinda feeling amused about the whole diaper frenzy thing. I'm trying to stay detached

Quote:

doudat-- did you see those gm's goin for $45!!?? what the heck! that is cArazy.
Ya, it sure has been crazy. I just sold one for 25 too- and was amazed at the 45! I've just been hanging around there lately because...well, hm.
Actually because I decided to sell a couple gm's, and b/c I know a friend hangs out there and I can contact her. Boy is it ever a black hole, though, sucks ya in.
I've been soo happy with my stash though I just have no need, and for quite a while I only very occasionally stopped by. I got 'sucked in' to the gm craze but it was b/c I had such a hard time fitting Evangeline. I didn't 'get' the pf dipes yet, so I tried so many and yet I knew there was this elusive 'perfect' diaper that would fit us, and then I tried the gm, and there it was. So that's my excuse- they make up 1/2 my stash now.
Half goodmama's, half prefolds, and wool. But there was a day, when it first started picking up that I would say in a mocking voice to myself when I saw the ads, 'good mama. I don't need to be that kind of good mama!'
Anyway-
Boy, is Eva still ever sick. She's soo sleepy. She falls alseep every time I pick her up and face her towards my shoulder. She falls asleep rocking. Yesterday she was sitting in her snowsuit while I dressed Axel for a walk and she slid to the ground, face down and fell asleep on the floor. She had hardwood marks on her face when I picked her up!
Like Romi she's waking at night like crazy. Last night it was every hour, the night before every 2. And not just to nurse. She just cries. We're BEAT.
a

#24 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by hanno View Post

i blame it on doudat and queen...going on and on about goodmama this and goodmama that...showing us their adorable babies in their goodmama diapers

i do like my goodmamas though...they are pretty nice.
but not $45.00 nice. i'm looking for other used diapers now that are pretty and soft.

#25 ·
Hey Kris I wanted to say yesterday (?) that your picks were so cute! I love the one of Zenon's bum- I think that his is rounder than Evangeline's! He's the one with junk! (I swear, I'm a fan of Fergie JUST because she sings that great song for babies!)

Evangeline eats mostly what we eat, unless it's not great food, undersirable texture, or whatever. I avoid nuts too. I have noticed, though, that although she does self feed, if I give it to her on a spoon she loves it so much more. Lazy thing!
She loves soups and applesauce and yogurt- easy down, sweet and tasty!

awww, I just realized Chad and Eva are sleeping. You know, the past 2 nights he's been the one to finally quiet her. Wed night she was sitting in our bed, crying and not settling and he rolled over, hugged he under his arm and said, 'here I am' and she fell right to sleep. (5 am) Last night too- at 4:30 when I'd had it he put her on his chest and she calmed down and slept till 7.

Hanno- I heard someone say Evangeline with a soft E the other day and now I know. I didn't really know you could say it like that. It sounded nice, more breathy. I might not stress the 'eee' so much anymore.
A

#26 ·
Quote:

i blame it on doudat and queen...going on and on about goodmama this and goodmama that...showing us their adorable babies in their goodmama diapers

i do like my goodmamas though...they are pretty nice.
but not $45.00 nice. i'm looking for other used diapers now that are pretty and soft.

Ya, I'll take full blame for it. I just REALLy fell in love with them when I finally found a dipe that fit so well on Eva. It was either butt crack, thigh pinch and bulge, privates showing, gut hangover, too difficult to put on, or the best- butt cheeks and other parts hanging out( yes, that girl had other parts)! or pee right through!
but not $45 nice, I agree. That kinda diaper would have to be aio without pul, and clean itself. (remember that elbee I couldn't use
??)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.