First babe in our 30s February thread - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-05-2008, 02:19 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Very hesitant to post about this for fear of jinxing it, we started acidophilus powder yesterday and seems the body snatchers came and gave me back my happy baby. Fingers crossed that it lasts, we both slept in until 9 (bed at 12, up twice for a quick change and feed). So far no out of the ordinary crying.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2008, 02:27 PM

Sarah that's great! Woohoo! : that it stays that way!

We're off to get shots today, ugh... DH and I went through the vax books last night and decided which ones to get, and of those, which brands, so at least I know what questions to ask. I'm going to try to nurse him while they do it. But at least I'll finally know what his weight is now... it's been a while since we checked, and I'm way curious cuz he's growing like a weed and I can tell he's heavier. Wish us luck today! I'm going without DH
Old 02-05-2008, 02:29 PM

Have you heard about this?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20080117...s_080117202819

I'm in total shock here!
Old 02-05-2008, 02:42 PM

Sarah - Woohooo! Starting probiotics helped Benjamin too (either that or our timing of starting probiotics coinsided with him snapping out of the fussies...either way I am keeping up with the probiotics!)

Julia - Good luck at the ped. The shots suck, but hopefully Ollie will bounce back. I found that nursing DURING the shots just wasn't possible. Benjamin is pretty specific about how he likes to nurse and there was no way we could get him in a good shot position (shots go into the thighs)...plus we were giving more than one shot and had to use both thighs. I did nurse immediately after though which was good for both of us Sorry DH isn't going along...that sucks.
Old 02-05-2008, 03:09 PM

I'm behind! Happy February, mamas! I had a busy weekend -- my brother was visiting, my MIL was in town and came by, and it was the last weekend that my mom was here. Things are just getting back to (what I presume is the new) normal: me, DH, and baby-T.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahJen View Post
On the plus side she smiled at me yesterday, totally the best day of my life.

These are my two fav pics of her 1, 2
Sarah, I don't really have any advice for the negative stuff, but on the positive side, your baby is gorgeous and she's smiling at you! I love love love her hair. What a sweet baby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiePie View Post
dh has a whole drawer of cords! i threw them all out in a decluttering frenzy my 3rd tri (i still hear about that) but he lready built up a new one. boyz!
Totally. We have giant rubbermaid container full of completely inconceivable cord-things. Seriously, we could animate a new lifeform out of the stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorGroover View Post
I just asked her if she'd consider watching M for a few hours a day and she said yes! Then she told me that she has a degree in early childhood development, used to watch all the kids in the neighborhood, breastfed her kids 2-3 years each... OMG I feel so lucky!
Dee, what awesome luck! Dream babysitter definitely trumps Wii (have you convinced DH of this yet?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by veganone View Post
Well, DH got laid off on Friday. No notice or anything. They just told him (and 7 other people in a 100 person firm) at 4pm on Friday that their positions are "terminated" and handed them their severance checks. Which I'm assuming means we have absolutely no shot at final loan approval. Which really sucks, since we were scheduled to get that TODAY. :
Oh, arrrghhh, this is so incredibly frustrating and maddening. Boo to your DH's supervisor. I hope you get back on the house-track quickly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nylecoj View Post
I am home alone tonight, drinking red wine, watching Sex and The City and doing girly things like trimming my toenails and waxing.
Sigh...... {dreaming of this kind of evening}...

More later -- baby-T is on a nursing juggernaut. Very slow to type while NAK.
Old 02-05-2008, 03:35 PM - Thread Starter

Hi all! So, guess the house is still a possibility, so we'll see... Fingers crossed for a new job quickly.

Yesterday was crazy - DD had her second vax yesterday (Pc). Went so well! She cried for maybe 3 seconds and then smiled at the nurse. I nursed her, but she wasn't even upset! Woohoo! Last time nursing wasn't an option over the screaming, but she was screaming then before the shot...

She was just in the most amazing mood all day yesterday. I ended up staying home most of the day and she was just fun and smiling and giggling. She slept great the night before and then woke up happy and stayed that way all day. I swear she hit some developmental milestone overnight because she was suddenly reaching for everything, too. So fun!

Last night sleep wasn't so great - she fell asleep at 9:30 and was up every 2-3 hours all night and woke at 7. She was a fussy, sleepy girl when I left for work. DH and my dad are co-caregiving this morning. My dad still came over so DH can job hunt. Dh was cleaning when I left, too - woohoo! I'm glad I got her yesterday and now that she's fussy I'm here. Bad mommy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace24 View Post
We're off to get shots today, ugh... DH and I went through the vax books last night and decided which ones to get, and of those, which brands, so at least I know what questions to ask. I'm going to try to nurse him while they do it. But at least I'll finally know what his weight is now... it's been a while since we checked, and I'm way curious cuz he's growing like a weed and I can tell he's heavier. Wish us luck today! I'm going without DH
Good luck!!! See above - we're only doing one at a time and we've decided to only to Dtap, Pc, and Hib for now. Yesterday was just Pc, but it went really easily. I was a wreck and she was fine! We do one a month so she never gets more than one poke at a time and to better watch for side effects. I am wondering if her fussiness today is shot related, though. Slight fever (99.4), so maybe.

Quote:

I'm in total shock here!
OMG!!! No - that is sooo wrong. How can they do that?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahJen View Post
Very hesitant to post about this for fear of jinxing it, we started acidophilus powder yesterday and seems the body snatchers came and gave me back my happy baby. Fingers crossed that it lasts, we both slept in until 9 (bed at 12, up twice for a quick change and feed). So far no out of the ordinary crying.
Yay for a good day!!! I'm so glad you got a break in the crying, whether it lasts or not. Fingers crossed that it means you've turned a corner!
Old 02-05-2008, 03:45 PM - Thread Starter

Welcome Marie!!! And happy belated birthday!!! And happy almost birthday to Arayna!

I'll add you to the members list as soon as the site decides to work for me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mf_colon View Post
Hi all!

My name is Marie and I just gave birth to my first child February 6, 2007, almost a year ago.

I had just turned 30 about a week before I gave birth to my daughter.

Nice meeting everyone!
Old 02-05-2008, 04:17 PM

Meant to say... Elizabeth, sorry about DH's job! What rotten timing, what a heartless supervisor! : that DH gets something better, and the house comes through!
Old 02-05-2008, 04:27 PM - Thread Starter

Okay - we're alphabetized!!! If anyone notices a mistake, let me know!

Marie, you're official.
Old 02-05-2008, 04:54 PM

Quote:

I'm in total shock here!
Eeee. That gives me the heebie jeebies.

Also reminds me of that horrendous movie with a very obese Marlon Brando - The Island of Dr. Moreau.
Old 02-05-2008, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veganone View Post
Okay - we're alphabetized!!! If anyone notices a mistake, let me know!

Marie, you're official.
you rock!

good luck julia, let us know how it goes.

cranky baby here - I think she's reached utter frustration with not being able to crawl.
Old 02-05-2008, 06:21 PM

Ok you gals with boy babies who have not circumcised, has your ped ever done this? He was just giving him the regular exam, checking his eyes, ears, tongue, etc. and then he goes for his penis and starts to retract the foreskin! He just pulled it back a teensy bit, enough to see the tip of the penis, and it didn't hurt him cuz Ollie didn't react, but isn't he not supposed to do that, or is that normal? Does anyone know? I'm a little weirded out.

Ollie did well... he was smiling at me, the doc, everything up until the shots. He's 12.3 pounds now, and 24 inches, at 10 weeks. Wow! That's my guy! Hehe

He screamed when they did the shots... rota he didn't mind cuz it's oral and supposedly they make it taste good... but we only did Hib and prevnar cuz I didn't want him to get more than one dose of aluminum at a time. I read the package inserts for HiB andDtap and they have the good kind, the low-or no-aluminum ones. Although when I took out my Dr. Sears book (that's where DH made the notes of the ones we wanted) the doctor chuckled and said "Let me see that", then looked at the page I was looking at, which was just a list of brand names and how much aluminum they contained. I was ready for a fight but he simply said he'd bring me the package inserts for them.

Oliver's asleep already! So that's all I have to do to get him to nap? (Just kidding)
Old 02-05-2008, 06:25 PM

O yeah, didn't finish my thought... I meant to say he screamed when he got the shots (I wasn't able to nurse during) but settled down quickly. Now he's just seeming distracted but drowsy. Should I give the infant tylenol? Or does he need it?
Old 02-05-2008, 06:33 PM

Elizabeth I'm so sorry about your hubby's job. Glad to hear he has some good prospects & is already on the hunt. How nice that you had a great day with Isabella yesterday!

Emily congrats on a successful operation. Benjamin is so cute & he's getting so big!

Jocelyn your evening sounds amazing. Not a big SITC fan here, but the wine & toenails sound wonderful.

Sarah! Congrats on a changed baby! You must tell me what brand and how much. My baby needs to be changed, and not just the diaper.

Julia good luck at the ped today.

Jenn & Xenon good to hear from you!

Yesterday was harrowing for me - DD went to the ped for a reflux med check and to be tested for a bladder infection. They doubled her Prevacid dose & sent her urine to a lab. We were there almost 2 hours! At least they got to see how she normally behaves - crying incessantly over seemingly nothing. I previously had the feeling that the ped thought I was an overwrought first-time mom & wasn't taking me seriously when I told her that DD cried all.the.time. Then I tried to do errands on the way home. BAD IDEA. She was already overtired, then got overheated & really melted down. Sigh. How do you run errands with a baby?

Neighbor babysat for 3 hours yesterday & DD was well-behaved for her. Sigh again. We didn't talk about money, but thanks for the suggestions. Neighbor said she didn't cry but I was a little worried that she said "sometimes babies just need to cry." Um, I don't think so. Maybe to get some stress out sometimes but I thought crying was usually a sign that something was wrong. But she has a lot more experience with babies than I do. I don't know what to do. I have to get this writing done! DH wants us to go stay with my parents so he can recover some of his sanity. It wouldn't be such a big deal but I need so much baby crap (swing is indispensable) that I don't think I could fly, but driving 500 miles with her sounds like absolute torture. Well there's also the fact that DH wants me to take her away from him. I'm SO hoping that something magical will happens when she turns 3 months next weekend. She has sweet moments - she laughed this morning for the first time! - but the crying is driving us both out of our minds.

I got some work done on my dissertation! Turned off the wireless card so the internet wouldn't seduce me into piddling away the time and actually focused on writing! Woo hoo!

Dee, mommy to Miss M 11/07 and little Miss I 5/10/10!
Old 02-05-2008, 06:34 PM
acp

Julia, I don't have a boy, so I don't have personal experience with circumcision, but everything I've read here on mothering, at least, says that they should NOT retract the foreskin. I'm sure he didn't do any real damage, but maybe you could do some more research and next time make a special point of telling him beforehand you don't want the foreskin retracted?? Again, I'm sure Ollie is fine and I wouldn't obsess about the fact he did it this time, but I'm pretty sure they aren't supposed to do that.
As for the tylenol... I dont' know, but if he seems fine, it probably isnt' necessary. I do give it to Willa when it seems she's teething badly or has a bad fever, so I'm not one of those people who says never give it. But maybe just have it ready in case he seems to be having a hard time later?

Willa had the weirdest day yesterday. She took a 2-hour nap in the afternoon, which is practically a record for her (she's normally a one-hour tops girl), and I expected she'd be super happy in the evening and go to bed at her normal 7 pm time. Instead, she got SO fussy - worse than I've ever heard her since she was a newborn. Nothing made her happy, except a little bit of nursing, but she's not a big comfort nurser, so that only worked for a few minutes. She even hated naked time/bath time - her bedtime routines that she always loves. She sounded either mad or really uncomfortable, and it was really upsetting to me that I couldn't figure out what the problem was. We put her to bed almost an hour early, since nothing could calm her down, and she had an OK night, and then has been pretty happy today. So maybe it was nothing? Or just a bad teething episode? She has started to throw some tantrums lately too, which is new - I think she's just becoming much more aware of her own ability to assert herself and her wants. But I hope last night doesn't bode poorly for days/evenings to come. We'll see how this evening goes...
She was fussy earlier in the day too, so I actually did the urine collection our ped had suggested last week, to make sure she doesn't have a UTI. I thought it was a low probability, since i haven't noticed any funny smell or look to her pee, but I decided it doesn't hurt to check and make sure. So hard to get the sample, though (involved attaching a bag to her vulva, poor girl) and I'm not actually sure we got enough for it to work. I guess we'll find ou when we hear back from the lab.
Old 02-05-2008, 06:42 PM
acp

oh, meant to add...
Jocelyn, your evening sounds heavenly! So nice. Where are you skiing?? I'm heading to Colorado with Willa this weekend for a few days. DH can't come with us (which is a big bummer, since he's not as big a skier as I am, and would gladly babysit instead), but my mom and her friends will be there, and I'm SO looking forward to getting at least a few hours on the slopes and hopefully a bit of x-country as well.

Dee, that sounds like a really tough day yesterday. I hope today is a bit better... congrats on getting some work on your dissertation done! and that's great that the babysitting went so well. I never answered your question about pay - I would think that based on what she's willing to accept, you could pay anywhere from $6-10/hour. $10 is probably more normal, but it sounds like she's very willing to do it mostly to help, and understands that finances are an issue.
Old 02-05-2008, 06:49 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
O yeah, didn't finish my thought... I meant to say he screamed when he got the shots (I wasn't able to nurse during) but settled down quickly. Now he's just seeming distracted but drowsy. Should I give the infant tylenol? Or does he need it?
No Tylenol unless he clearly needs it. It can mask a reaction. DD never needed it and we've only used it for really bad teething...

Glad that it went okay!!! Our ped was surprised when I asked which brands they use, but was fine with giving it to me. I also got the lot numbers, which was unusual for them, but they were happy to give them to me.
Old 02-05-2008, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorGroover View Post
Sarah! Congrats on a changed baby! You must tell me what brand and how much. My baby needs to be changed, and not just the diaper.
Quick second to reply, this is the brand I got, another one that was recommended was lifestart by natren but I couldn't find that up here. She gets a half teaspoon three times a day, I just dissolved it in a bit of bm in a bottle (she hates the bottle by the way, she looks at me like I'm insane and where's the boob mom). I swear it started working after the first dose, hopefully not a coincidence.
Old 02-05-2008, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by acp View Post
oh, meant to add...
Jocelyn, your evening sounds heavenly! So nice. Where are you skiing?? I'm heading to Colorado with Willa this weekend for a few days. DH can't come with us (which is a big bummer, since he's not as big a skier as I am, and would gladly babysit instead), but my mom and her friends will be there, and I'm SO looking forward to getting at least a few hours on the slopes and hopefully a bit of x-country as well.
Nice. My evening rocked. Baby didn't sleep great, but still, I had a nice night before that.

We went skiing at a place called Sierra Summit. Used to have season passes to Kirkwood but I'm really enjoying experiencing other places, even the small ones. Dh is at Alpine right now.

Have a great time skiing!
Old 02-05-2008, 11:57 PM - Thread Starter

Wow you guys are quiet today! Got home early since it was so dead with the election and Dh and I went for a walk with Isabella and the dogs. It was really nice - we usually aren't home until it's dark and the weather's been miserable.

Speaking of DH issues and fighting - we have fought worse since DD was born than we have in our 10 years of marriage... It puts enormous strain on a relationship. For us, it clearly correlates with how fussy DD is, so it gets better and worse. I will say that it gets better as DD gets older and we are figuring out how to handle the stress better... But yes, it's really hard.

Jealous of the folks getting into the snow - can't wait for next year when DD will be old enough to play in it some and be able to hang out for a few hours while we snowboard. I really can't wait to teach her, but that'll be a few years!!! I'm looking forward to so much with her! Swimming, walks in the rain, looking at bugs, sunsets, walking the dogs, silly stuff like that.
Old 02-06-2008, 12:20 AM

we nursed during shots round #2; our new ped let me hold her. our orig ped made me lean over dd to nurse for her 1st round, which went miserably, but frankly i think that has more to do with the fact that i didn't give her tylenol before.

so we are still on the house roller coaster. our coop bd has put a moratorium on refi'ing against us personally :, so we are thinking of not having them become our coop bd. dh is insulted about what it means they think of our spendiness; i just think it doesn't make sense to sink that much of our assets into a single investment. the plan had been to put a lot down and then refi once i have a job and the new jumbo rules kick in. personally, my reaction is 1. shock, and 2. relief that i would be able to stay home with dd longer (if we don't take the house, there is way less financial pressure). still no job offer, which is a little nerve-wracking. i definitely don't want to go back to work until we have a good childcare situation in place for her, and even then i want to be home with her AND go back to work. (i want it all, in other words. don't we all...sigh...)

if we don't take the house, the au pair is off the table as immediate childcare (we are in a 1 BR now)/. julia, did get to shop au pairs' profiles? because we got matched by the agency which didn't really please us -- we didn't get to shop around.

so dd fell yesterday. i kept having flashbacks to it all day -- her SPINNING in the air and me not able to get to her in time. dh was really supportive , and she doesn't have any goose eggs . but i had humungous shame about it yesterday. becky, it really helped that you told your story of maya's fall -- it made me feel like good mamas could do it to. feeling better today, but still need to work on being more forgiving of myself. i have read that with advanced gross motor skills comes risk-taking. not to blame the victim.
Old 02-06-2008, 12:47 AM

Pie what agency did you go through? We got to shop profiles, but not until we paid all the fees $$$$$$!!!!! It averages out to a good deal but is a lot to put down at once. Still nervous about it... we did get to choose who we wanted but it's so impossible to tell how we'll get along through an application written in broken English.

I wasn't able to nurse DS during shots. The nurse said that if he cries while he is eating he could choke. He just took a long nap but we woke him up to feed him and I'll put him down again in an hour... hopefully he'll sleep cuz I'm exhausted today for some reason. Really beat... feel like I got hit by a train or something. Whatever that feels like, but you know what I mean.

Regarding fighting... we're really careful not to fight with each other. Perhaps our relationship is too new still to feel like it's ok? I don't know. But we try really hard not to snap at each other. Still, it's difficult lately. It starts to become a contest between who has had less sleep, because that's who needs a nap the most so you start to feel like, "Why do I have to stay up to put him to bed when we were up at the same time this morning?" : It'll be easier when the au pair is here. Right now I'm frustrated with not being able to practice, exercise, have any me time, etc. I know I signed up for it but I'm feeling very homebound right now. Just an off day I guess... my heart hurts for DS having had his shots today, even though he's totally fine. I'm not!
Old 02-06-2008, 01:23 AM

julia, cultural care waived teh fees for us (nyc is a highly sought after destination?) and was the only one that would tell us how many in-country folks they had. (as opposed to "some") could try your agency (au pair care, right?) too.
Old 02-06-2008, 02:32 AM
acp

Pie, so sorry about the coop roller coaster. I can't get over how ridiculous coop boards can be. Everyone I know in NY has crazy stories to tell. But in some ways it sounds like maybe not getting the coop might be an OK thing? At least in terms of keeping your work/child care/financial options open for longer...
And I wouldn't worry too much about DD falling. As a few people have told me, babies this age are made to bounce . I think i wrote on here earlier about Willa falling off the changing table - I (barely) caught her that time, but she's had plenty of other pretty hard bumps and small falls, and I'm sure there are even more bumps and falls in her future. Especially with a babe who becomes mobile early, I think their physical ability moves ahead of the mental ability to say, "I know that looks really fun, but maybe diving off the edge of the bed isn't *such* a good idea..."
Anybody else obsessively watching the elections returns tonight? It's 10:30 here, and I really should go to bed, especially since it looks like there won't be anything very decisive taking place. But I keep wanting to watch, at least to see how California goes... I've had MSNBC on for way too long...
Old 02-06-2008, 10:29 AM

amanda... DH was upset when the DVR switched channels on him to record two shows at once for me, as he was looking forward to watching the returns too. Sorry, hon, but I need lots of crap tv to watch during the day while I nurse all day long! No biggie, he watched the returns from 9 on. Quite a close democratic race!

Pie, I can't believe they waived the fees! Supposedly DC is a highly sought-after destination too. Maybe we went with the wrong company! So is part of the deal that you have to take an aupair who's already here, or did I misunderstand?

Dee, I've had many people say to me "sometimes babies just need to cry". And I've seen with DS that he does... sometimes needs to wear himself out that way to sleep better. Still drives me batty. The thing to look for is if she holds him when he's crying, tries to soothe him. My mom still thinks I should LET DS cry. Every time he fell asleep in my arms yesterday after the shots I'd put him down and he'd wake up and cry to be held. So I'd pick him up. She says the dreaded, "Well why don't you just see how long he cries for?" I said "I can't do that." She said "You'll do it with the second child." I just blew it off. Probably when the second child comes along I'll be chasing after a toddler and the new baby might cry for a sec before I get to it, but I'll never LET a baby cry. Makes me sad. So all this is to say, make sure your sitter knows (no matter how much you pay her or feel indebted!) you don't want your baby crying alone. It's your child and the person watching her must follow your directions, right?
Old 02-06-2008, 02:36 PM

our childcare deal was that we are optimistic dd will get into a daycare ctr we like in sept, and we would prefer a ctr because of it frankly seems more reliable -- never gets sick, etc. so our struggle is to find short term care.
Old 02-06-2008, 02:42 PM

amanda and jocelyn (think I am remembering names right?) - right on for skiing! We are getting hammered with snow this year, and I feel terrible for not taking advantage of it more.

OPINIONS NEEDED:
I just got an email from the director of the shangri-la of daycares (it's on campus, spitting distance from my office, HUGE waitlist - we've been on it for 15 months, open 8-6 but it's drop in care. $800/month plus donated time (it's a coop)). anyway there may be a spot opening in the next month. great news right?

right now we have nanny care 20 hrs/wk (which is not enough in the long term but ok for now). Ideally we would start shangri-la next summer/fall when she's a little older. but ideal timing may not work out and I hate to lose my spot. I'm just having trouble picturing my babe in a room with 7 others (2 childcare providers) versus having her here. I need to Get Over it, right? I can't let this opportunity pass me by right?
Old 02-06-2008, 02:50 PM

cj jump at the spot
Old 02-06-2008, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiePie View Post
so dd fell yesterday. i kept having flashbacks to it all day -- her SPINNING in the air and me not able to get to her in time. dh was really supportive , and she doesn't have any goose eggs . but i had humungous shame about it yesterday.
It's okay, probably some kind of mothering milestone, to drop your kid or have her fall of the bed. That happened to me once while I was washing dishes and I didn't her her crying at first. I felt awful!!! But, my reaction was worse than hers .... lol.

Quote:

Regarding fighting... we're really careful not to fight with each other. Perhaps our relationship is too new still to feel like it's ok? I don't know. But we try really hard not to snap at each other. Still, it's difficult lately. It starts to become a contest between who has had less sleep, because that's who needs a nap the most so you start to feel like, "Why do I have to stay up to put him to bed when we were up at the same time this morning?" : It'll be easier when the au pair is here. Right now I'm frustrated with not being able to practice, exercise, have any me time, etc. I know I signed up for it but I'm feeling very homebound right now. Just an off day I guess... my heart hurts for DS having had his shots today, even though he's totally fine. I'm not!
Hang in there. We all have our off days.

Exhaustion does crazy things to you. Sometimes I can't believe how angry I get at dh for something stupid just because I'm raw with exhaustion and the DAMN BABY WON'T STOP CRYING. I'm laughing as I type it, but I'm also being totally honest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock_dr View Post
amanda and jocelyn (think I am remembering names right?) - right on for skiing! We are getting hammered with snow this year, and I feel terrible for not taking advantage of it more.
Woot. Do it. Be a Nike ad for Moms! I can't wait to go again. I keep drawing ski doodles on my accounting homework.
Quote:
OPINIONS NEEDED:
I just got an email from the director of the shangri-la of daycares (it's on campus, spitting distance from my office, HUGE waitlist - we've been on it for 15 months, open 8-6 but it's drop in care. $800/month plus donated time (it's a coop)). anyway there may be a spot opening in the next month. great news right?
Woot. Do it.

The benefits are awesome.

Drop her off while you write for a couple of hours here and there. Go visit her while you are on campus. Take a break from writing to feed her. It will be the best of both worlds and you certainly don't need to use it full time or anything, at least not right away.

Congrats!

We are fine. Dh is tired from getting his butt kicked skiing and I am too busy planning and working and homeworking and babycaring.

We need groceries though. It's depressing in our house, foodwise.
Old 02-06-2008, 04:19 PM - Thread Starter

Jocelyn - we've had pasta or take out for the last 5 days since we have no food. Last night was the end of the pasta, so it's imperative now that we shop!!!

DH and Isabella are on their own this morning - I hope it goes well!!! It's been a long time since he took care of her for more than an hour or two and she's changed a lot since then!

User Tag List