**~** October 07 Mama's February thread**~** - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-25-2008, 11:35 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Aimee, so glad your boys are BOTH finally home!! :

Ashley, I hope all is going well for Tristan today. I can't imagine how scary that must've been!

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2008, 01:03 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Aimee, I am so excited he is finally home! So exciting for you but I'm sure a huge adjustment! Good luck with everything.

Ok, so I had an interesting conversation with my Chiro today. She took me in her office and asked me if everything is ok. If I'm OK. I will start with saying we called her last night asking about my 5.5 yr old who fell out of his bunk bed and landed on his head. So she asked if everything was OK. I said there's no abuse going on if that's what you mean. She said she's worried because she's seen us come in with 3 accidents in just this month. I was really taken aback because emotionally this is the best I've felt after any of my kids. I haven't had any ppd or anything Not really any baby blues either. We have been stuck inside with all our storms and I don't really have any firneds. I'm working on that, but I really didn't think anything was wrong.

I guess she asked because with dd when she fell I let her slip out of my hands and she said mom's first reactions are to grab inward and hold the baby tighter than to let go. I had her in my right hand and I flinched to try to catch myself on the railing. I should have had her in my left hand and been holding on to the railing. I'm already guilting myself for that. I didn't really know what to do.

Anyway, I guess I had to get that off my chest. It's been a rough month.
Old 02-26-2008, 01:28 AM

heres my update from TAO- it went pretty well

ok, we had the surgery today, and he was such a champ. we went in at about 730, but they didnt get him into surgery until about noon, there were a couple of kids before us that were burned really bad. considering he hadnt eaten since 4am he did wonderfully. got a little fussy towards the end, but mostly he was happy and playing and flirting with the nurses, lol. my boobs felt like they were going to explode though, when i finally got a chance to pump around 10, i got almost 10 ounces!!!!!!!! the surgery went well. the burns were 2nd degree like we thought, and he got a gamma graft, which is the graft with cadaver skin. the whole procedure only took a little more than an hour. when they brought him out, he was sleeping still, so i nursed him, and he woke up all happy and giggly again. we have a follow up in a week to see how its healing

we arent planning to sue waffle house. we'll let tricare (our insurance, thank god for army insurance, we wont have to pay anything) know what happened, so they can get them to reimburse the medical bills if thats what they want to do. when we went back to talk to the manager yesterday, he had already called their insurance to let them know what happened. it was an accident. ive let go of stuff before it was on the table too. but she shouldnt have put it down in front of the baby in the first place. i think she probably doesnt have kids, because when we were seated she asked us if tristan needed silverware, lol.... we are going to contact corporate, but not in hopes of getting money out of it. they need to have their staff be more careful, and the coffee shouldnt be that hot, and thats really what dh told the manager.... as for him yelling at her, it was harsh, but our baby was screaming, and at that point we didnt know how bad it was, we were running out the door to the er.... we dont want her fired or anything. im glad it was only his foot, and not his arms or torso or face. when we went back in to talk to the manager, we gave them our name and number. hes going to go tomorrow after work and get their insurance information so we will have it if we need it, because even though we have insurance, they should still have to pay for the medical costs

now of course, if they offer a settlement, we wont say no, lol, but we're not asking for money

thank you everyone for the thoughts and prayers, i'll keep everyone updated on what happens, and post again after his appointment next week

*~*Ashley*~* newly single mama to Tristan 10/01/2007
Old 02-26-2008, 01:38 AM

on a happy note, ds thinks hes ready for solids... yesterday after we left the hospital, we went to a little indian place we love, and ds grabbed a chicken bone off of dhs plate and tried to get it into his mouth, but we took it.

then today we went for ice cream, and dh got his in a cup with the cone stuck on top. he took the cone off and put it on a napkin. tristan grabbed the cone and tried to eat it. when we took it away, he smacked the cup out of dhs hand : we gave him a clean spoon to play with, but he didnt like that for long

Old 02-26-2008, 02:00 AM

Aimee, YAY!!!

Marly, your chiro was probably just worried about you. That's good, in way, having a relationship of care and concern with a care provider is how it should be! I'm sure she didn't mean to accuse you of something...and hey, accidents happen.

Ashley- I'm glad he is okay. I am so upset, everytime I read a post from you about this I want to cry! You are really taking this so well! And you are sooo right about the training and coffee temp.

I'm a little emotional though. We live in Okinawa, as most of you know. And you may have heard about the marine who raped a 14 year old here recently? Well, they have put us on lockdown for an indefinite period of time(for about a week now.) We are supposed to use this time as a "period of reflection" on how to be "respectful of our host country". I am so pissed. I am, once again, being treated like a 10 year old! It's literally like being grounded. We can't go anywhere or do anything off base that isn't employment, education, or worship related. Hello! I live 20 min from ANY base! I can't shop locally, we can't go for a walk in our neighboorhood! We're not even supposed to go to our friends houses off base. We send our dd to a japanese school, we buy local foods, we study Japanese, we have made an effort to be a part of our community-WE are not the group of people who need a "period of relflection." I HATE the military, the restrictions, the way we are treated by high ranking officers,(like I give a rat's A$% what someone's rank is!) the treatment I've received at the MTF, the hospital politics here, every part of it. I can't wait for the 2 years my dh is still an indentured servant to be over!!! ARRGGGGH!

Banana, doula wife to Papa Banana and mother to Banana One, Banana Two, Banana Three, Banana Four...

Old 02-26-2008, 02:56 AM

thats crazy! we had a period of time like that when we were in germany, a bunch of stupid soldiers got drunk, stole a cab, beat up the cabby, crashed it into city hall, then set the place on fire... gotta love the smart people

i put a video of tristan sitting up in his blog, hes on the bed playing with my teddy bear. link is in my siggy

Old 02-26-2008, 01:14 PM

Wow he sits so well already! I'm glad to hear his surgery went well! DS is trying to grab our food too.

Amiee-I'm so glad your babies are home with you! What a 7 months this has been.
Old 02-26-2008, 02:38 PM

banana, that's crazy! I'm so sorry there are stupid people who mess everyone else's lives up. So annoying!

How cute is he sitting up! I think dd will probably sit at 9 months She also has just discovered we eat, but she hasn't tried to grab it. She does try to hold on to everything I'm holding onto in front of her. It's really cute
Old 02-29-2008, 09:40 AM - Thread Starter

Aimee: wonderful news that the whole family are all together under one roof (and on my bday as well ) Wow I can't believe that the boys are already 7 months old! How time flies.

Marly: I'm with Banana with respect to the chiro, its good that she cares enough to ask you if all is fine. I'm sorry that its been a tough month for you.

Ashley: I am so glad that the surgery went well and Tristan is doing well.

Banana: I hate it when the actions of a few spoil things for the majority, especially when the higher powers above react to it with a knee jerk reaction. My DH joined the navy when he was a young man. Luckily for him he was discharged during bootcamp so he never had the pleasure of military life.

Today I had DD napping with both arms out of the wrap. Things went well surprisingly. Still have her chest wrapped but will gradually loosen that as well. She is showing signs of rolling soon enough. Plus her startle reflex appears to have gone. It is night here and both arms are unwrapped.
: Fingers crossed that she'll sleep through like normal tonight :

DD is constantly blowing raspberries. I love listening and watching her when she does them, its so cute!!

DS gets jealous when he catches me kissing his little sister. I can't resist kissing the chubby lil cheeks though
Old 02-29-2008, 10:29 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Im so sorry Tristan got burned!! And I am so pleased that Pierce came home, finally!!

We are doing ok here. Jack and my 2 yr old, Felicity, both have pinkeye. :-P But other than that we are doing ok. He is a flirt, a laid back little sweetheart, and continues to love his paci and a blankie.
Old 02-29-2008, 02:08 PM

Hi All

WOW! It's so great to read what is going on in everyone's life! I was just missing this DDC, as Maya turned 4 mos yesterday.

ashleyhaugh - so sorry to hear about Tristan. That must have been frightening. I can't help but put on my lawyer hat and say that sometimes you sue a big company to make SURE they don't do stupid stuff again. It's no so much about you guys getting the money as much as it is about penalizing Waffle House's bottom line so they change their practices. Just a thought.
Old 02-29-2008, 07:37 PM

hi all

we have had a crazy week...

i started back to work mon. i am working only 18 hours per week out of the house and the rest (up to 22.5) is from home. my good friend is coming to my home to care for my 2 little ones. she also brings her 2 year old along (yes, she has her hands full!!) anyway, noah flat out will not take a bottle. i have been pumping and storing and trying for weeks and he is just not interested. fortunately, i have an extremely flexible job so that i can work for 2 hours and come home and then go out again. the trick has been finding out when he needs to nurse verses is just tired. when i am home, nursing satisfies both of those issues. i feel like i am juggling many different balls and so far have not dropped any but might at any moment!! on top of all of this, both of my girls came down with colds so are cranky and not sleeping well. i really enjoy my job and i have to work or we have no health insurance so i am fortunate to have such a great situation, in know. TGIF!!

peace

jen

jen mommy to dd1 (11y), dd2 (6y) and ds (3y)

User Tag List