Sound Asleep... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 09-04-2003, 01:21 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Wow, I keep checking on my ds because he hasn't slept this long a stretch since the night I brought him home when he was born. He's been sound asleep for about 4.5 hours now. Hmm, I wonder how long he will sleep? And he must be in a deep sleep because he hasn't changed position at all since he fell asleep nursing...I just checked to make sure he was breathing a second ago . Man, what am I doing awake? I should be sleeping too I suppose, but it's kinda nice putzing around the house and on the computer. I wonder if this is the beginning of that elusive "sleeping through the night" I've heard tell of. When did everyone's babies start sleeping through the night?

#2 of 8 Old 09-04-2003, 07:21 AM

sorry, having to remove all posts with personal info due to an online stalker.
#3 of 8 Old 09-04-2003, 09:49 AM

Kaeleb was also born in Feb. He was sleeping through the night by 8 weeks too, and also recently started waking up...at 12 and 2 and usually 4 or 5 - LIKE CLOCKWORK. It doesn't bother me much...He doesn't stay up for long when he does wake up!
#4 of 8 Old 09-04-2003, 10:06 AM

Not yet. My dd was born in February and she doesn't sleep through the night. Sometimes she will sleep for four to six hours but mostly it is three. Even when she does sleep for the long stretches, I usually wake up every two hours and count how many hours she has been sleeping and then can't fall back asleep because I am waiting for her! I am dreaming of the night that I go to sleep and sleep six straight hours! I don't remember what it feels like not to be tired!

Mama to two wonderful daughers: 02/03/03 and 10/19/05
#5 of 8 Old 09-04-2003, 11:34 AM

Bfing mamas, in my mind, a 4 hour stretch counts as sleeping thru the night! Sure beats 3 hours, or 2, or 1, or a 1/2 hour!

---mother of 3 bad teethers
#6 of 8 Old 09-04-2003, 03:03 PM - Thread Starter

..so silly me while he was sleeping from 8pm to 1:30am i was awake. I am so used to staying awake because my husband doesn't get home until midnite and I like to spend some time with him during the week ( otherwise I just see him a short time when I wake him up, feed him, and send him off to work). I went to bed
around 1:30 and as soon as I laid in bed he woke up to nurse. He nursed off and on until about 2:30am and then as I remember it I think we slept until 7:30am...he may have woken once to nurse but I don't know I'm so used to it I barely wake up when he does and usually only nurses for five minutes or less. Gosh, when falls asleep tonite I should really try to get a few hours of sleep I guess.

#7 of 8 Old 09-05-2003, 01:55 AM

My DD started sleeping thru the night at about 6 weeks (I consider 5-6 hours all night :LOL ). When she goes thru growth spurts, she wakes every hour or two to nurse. Also, if I go somewhere all day, she wakes at night. Enjoy it while it lasts!!!
#8 of 8 Old 09-13-2003, 10:03 PM - Thread Starter

Hhehe, it only lasted a few days. He's been going to bed later and waking up earlier to boot. And waking up lots to nurse because he is teething....he already has two teeth on the bottom and he has a whopping FOUR teeth coming through on top...! Two of them have poked through and two more I can see the ridges. ...

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page