Anyone give baths in the morning instead of at night? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 09-04-2003, 11:15 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
A lot of mamas have the bath as part of a bedtime routine, but I find that DH and I linger after dinner and then baby gets latched on and falls asleep before we can do a bath, so I have been giving him a bath a couple of mornings a week...anyone else do an AM bath?
#2 of 10 Old 09-04-2003, 11:26 AM

yep I do. Don't trust myself to get around to it in the evenings - am usually too tired by then. And if dd is irritable or tired, a bath usually makes her worse so evenings are best avoided in our house.
#3 of 10 Old 09-04-2003, 12:18 PM

We do morning baths all the time. Often one or both of the boys (1 & 4, respectively) end up with me in the tub while I shower. It's just worked out that adding a bath to the bedtime routine takes too much time for us. I also think afternoon baths can be fun... my 4 yo would play in the bathtub all day, I think!
#4 of 10 Old 09-04-2003, 12:24 PM

We bath whenever it's convenient, usually mid-afternoon. I find that at night dd can be too tired and bath time becomes a crying session, which I hate. So we do it when she's happy, fed and rested.
#5 of 10 Old 09-04-2003, 11:19 PM

We've always done showers in the morning. Sometimes, there will be a reason (usually DS didn't get enough time in the pool at Grandma's) to give him a bath, but I can't see doing the cleaning thing twice a day.

If I don't take him in the shower with me, he will climb in fully clothed. He loves the shower and always has liked it better than baths. he does like to spash in the tub sometimes, but ...

Anywho... yeah, we do it in the morning.
#6 of 10 Old 09-04-2003, 11:46 PM

Yep, we do baths (or showers) for the kids in the morning too. Once in a while if I take an evening bath personally, the kids will climb in but otherwise, it's all morning. My 2 yo usually just climbs in the shower with me to get clean and my 4 month old takes a bath in her tub in the mornings (or I take her in the shower when dh is home to help take her out and dry her). Anyway, in our household, taking a bath or shower tends to be more of a "get clean" thing than anything else (a lot of parents use the bath thing to help settle or relax their children, etc.) so I guess since dh and I have always done morning showers, it's just worked that way into our routine. That said, my 2 yo loves playing in the bath tub and on occassion will take a long evening bath, but generally we do the morning routine thing.
#7 of 10 Old 09-05-2003, 08:10 AM

sorry, having to remove all posts with personal info due to an online stalker.
#8 of 10 Old 09-07-2003, 05:26 PM

We do... dh works third shift so by the time we eat dinner, clean up the mess, pack his dinner etc. it's more like bedtime! Sometimes we do the baths in the evening, but most of the time it's morning.

We don't have much in the way of a routine in our house, just do it when we get a chance! :LOL
#9 of 10 Old 09-07-2003, 09:38 PM

I do morning baths as our routine but on sunday nights I fill up the tub and let kate play in it with bubbles for a while. that way she gets playtime and the rest of the week's baths are on the run!
#10 of 10 Old 09-10-2003, 12:20 AM

We did the nighttime bath routine for dd1 and she still showers mostly in the evening. She was the type that needed the bedtime routine. My new baby is too tired in the evenings and just wants to go to sleep already. She will scream if I let her get past tired, kwim? She adores showers, so she showers with me in the mornings, 2-3 times a week. My mom gives her rubdown with a washcloth if she gets messy or stinky when she has her. That's what works for us!

SMC to Sophia, age 15, and Eleanor, age 9, and mother hen to too many nursing students to count!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page