Double Stroller Recommendations - Mothering Forums

Double Stroller Recommendations

huskermommy's Avatar huskermommy (TS)
08:52 PM Liked: 10
#1 of 12
02-12-2008 | Posts: 1,595
Ok so I need to get a double stroller... A good one. I don't want the cheapo Graco ones... Bought one, pissed off that I did, thing sucks, can't take it to the pumpkin patch, park, etc. Sorry, I'm just annoyed since I told DH I wanted a good one to begin with. OK! Rant over!

So, here's what I'm looking at...
The mountain buggy one soooo pricy (but they all are)
are something similar. I don't want little tiny plastic wheels. I need something sturdy and that won't fall apart from our use.

We sling most of the time, but 3.5yo DD really likes riding in the stroller and DS usually follows her. Plus when the new babe comes, he/she will be the one in the sling.

So anyone have experience or advice??
ameliasward's Avatar ameliasward
01:05 AM Liked: 0
#2 of 12
02-13-2008 | Posts: 96
I just got the Phil & Ted's double stroller. It is nice because it is narrow enough that you can take it places that side-by-side strollers don't go. Everyone in my neighborhood loves them and my 2 year old likes riding in the front and the back. It is pretty easy to fold and lift, if you can keep track of all the parts (jump seat, grab bar). I got it for cheap at returnsforsale.com but you have to keep checking back b/c they're not listed often. I do know some others who love the InStep doubles for walks around the block. It pushes like a dream with two toddlers, but isn't one you want to lift in and out of the car.
08:10 PM Liked: 10
#3 of 12
02-13-2008 | Posts: 1,595
Yes! I love the design of the Phil and Ted. The only problem is, the two kiddos fight over how sits in the front seat as it is w/our tandem style stroller so I worry that we'll have the same issue with the Phil and Ted.

I have also seen the In Step ones. They seemed pretty nice. I figured I would have to compromise on something w/a new stroller and it looks like ease of transporting is going to be it!

THANK YOU for that link! I didn't even know about that place! Awesome!
susanrc's Avatar susanrc
12:38 PM Liked: 0
#4 of 12
02-14-2008 | Posts: 427
I researched double jogging strollers for months and I just purchased the side by side babyjogger and my 2.5 yr old LOVES it!! Plus it is narrow enough to fit through standard door ways. The tires are big and will go through anything and it rides really smooth It says you can't jog with it but I have, you just have to lock the front wheels. I thought the girls would like to ride side by side rather than front and back. It is a bit pricey but the 2007 are marked down quite a bit and is a good time to get one if your going to before they sell out. Oh it is the easiest of all strollers to fold up as well. Check out there website www.babyjogger.com. Hope this helps. Good luck.
gilamama's Avatar gilamama
12:47 PM Liked: 10
#5 of 12
02-14-2008 | Posts: 1,928
with phil and ted the older/ heavier child is supposed to ride in front to the thing doesnt tip back wards.

we are very happy with ours. it is nice b/b it is a double or a single and one of the seats can layback etc...

my gramma bought ours for us though.
Magali's Avatar Magali
02:10 PM Liked: 176
#6 of 12
02-14-2008 | Posts: 2,297
I have a chariot and I love it. You can get bike/hiking/skiing attachments for it also.
02:43 PM Liked: 10
#7 of 12
02-14-2008 | Posts: 1,595
Quote:
Originally Posted by susanrc View Post
I researched double jogging strollers for months and I just purchased the side by side babyjogger and my 2.5 yr old LOVES it!! Plus it is narrow enough to fit through standard door ways. The tires are big and will go through anything and it rides really smooth It says you can't jog with it but I have, you just have to lock the front wheels. I thought the girls would like to ride side by side rather than front and back. It is a bit pricey but the 2007 are marked down quite a bit and is a good time to get one if your going to before they sell out. Oh it is the easiest of all strollers to fold up as well. Check out there website www.babyjogger.com. Hope this helps. Good luck.
I am LOVING this! I'm assuming you're talking about the city series? This is cute, practical, cheaper than some others I've seen, and looks super easy to use!
Avocado's Avatar Avocado
02:48 PM Liked: 11
#8 of 12
02-14-2008 | Posts: 520
I have the double BOB and I love it:

http://www.rightstart.com/global/sto...strollers.html

I very highly recommend it!

mommieK's Avatar mommieK
03:59 PM Liked: 0
#9 of 12
08-08-2008 | Posts: 1
OK, so I walk A LOT...my only real form of exercise so the perfect double is KEY! DD is 3 and DS is 19 mo...I have tried them all! I 1st bought the Bumbleride Queen B w/toddler seat- very difficult to maneuver and not much leg room for the child in the backseat. Sold it and moved on to the Phil and Teds e3- DS learned that if he put his hands in the wheel (the "guards" do VERY little to keep him from doing that) we would stop walking, and DD was too heavy for the backseat. His little hand was going to get broken unless I spent the entire time watching him...maybe designed for a less "mischievious" little one?? Sold that, purchased the Mountain Buggy Urban Double- it's GREAT for outdoors, very heavy for in and out of the car. Now that DD is in school some I walk w/DS alone and I purchased the BOB rev. single and it by far the best stroller I have ever owned. Has anyone compared the MBUD to the BOB Duallie?? I would consider selling the MBUD to buy it- I take such goreat care of them that I think I could selll it and still make a little $$ after purchasing the less expensive Duallie? It just feels much lighter to me than the MBUD, and I would think the seats are a little roomier??
10:43 AM Liked: 10
#10 of 12
08-09-2008 | Posts: 1,595
Ya know, I ended up getting the In Step jogger. I actually really love it. I just couldn't convince DH that the Mountain was worth the price tag. And to be honest, I'm perfectly happy with our stroller. I think the kids and I will head out for a little walk this morning.
polishprinsezz's Avatar polishprinsezz
11:00 AM Liked: 15
#11 of 12
08-09-2008 | Posts: 571
i wanted a lite weight side by side stroller. i dont plan to use it often since i wear my baby. i got a jeep brand umbrella style stroller. i really like it. the seats are adjustable. it is super lite and fits in my small car. there is a canopy also. it was also under $100. if you plan to use one often it might be best to invest in a more expensive durable brand or check out craigslist.org for a good deal on a used stroller.
ChetMC's Avatar ChetMC
01:47 PM Liked: 0
#12 of 12
08-09-2008 | Posts: 2,547
I've only seen this stroller recently. I don't know anyone who has one. I've never even seen any reviews for it. It looks good though. It retails for about $700 in Canada. I'd expect it to be about $550 in the US, but I have no idea. I much prefer strollers where the child faces the person pushing.

http://jollyjumper.com/cat12/TurningAqua_Twin.gif

We've always said that we'd get a Phil & Ted's if we got a double, but I can see how the kids would bicker over who got which seat.
Reply Subscribe Life With a Baby