Hair pulling.... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-04-2003, 06:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
As my daughter doses off to sleep she yanks my hair. she literally pulls fistfulls out of my head..Owwww!! I was just wondering if there is any kind of toy that I could give her that would give her the same satisfaction. I can't stop her from doing it b/c she screams and wakes up if i stop her hand. It really hurts, though. any suggestions?

The first rule of homeschooling: water the plants! :
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-04-2003, 08:20 PM

My daughter does this too. I suspect that the hair yanking is one reason so many new moms get their hair cut short, but I'm just not willing to give mine up. I don't really have any suggestions for you - I have resorted to keeping my hair braided all the time. She still grabs at whatever she can get her little hands on; if my hair is out of reach, it's usually my nose or my lips, but occasionally she will grab a handful of boob and SQUEEZE
Old 09-04-2003, 11:05 PM

OMG me too, my ds never did this, and my dd is just turning 7 months old. Last night in the middle of one of her 984758 awakenings, I was rocking her and she was grabbing and pulling and yanking and I had no hair clip. I'd flip it to one side and she'd find 2 hairs to yank, then grab the other side. I actually found myself getting annoyed (it was 3 am and it HURT). I'm getting mine done in 2 weeks and thinking of chopping it to chin length.
Old 09-04-2003, 11:45 PM - Thread Starter

I get annoyed, too. Well at least I wont be the only bald mommy. I don't think short hair will help me much b/c she will grab right from the top of my head if I don't let her grab the longer stuff.

The first rule of homeschooling: water the plants! :
Old 09-05-2003, 02:51 AM

You might try a nursing necklace? My DD grabs either my shirt, or my boob. There seems to be some need for her to grasp something with her hand. Sometimes if she grabs me really hard, or her finger nails are a bit sharp I pull her and to mine and rub it a bit, talking softly to her.
Old 09-05-2003, 09:06 AM

Free Thinker that is what I do.
DD is 6 months old and she gets her hand going and grabs at whatever she can get a hold of. I don't mind excpet when I haven't gotten all of her nails clipped and she goes for my face. I have thought about the hair cut also. She seems to enjoy having her hand held and gently stroked.

User Tag List