Anyone have a really good sleeper? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 09-04-2003, 09:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I feel sheepish about posting this, but here goes....

Why do I worry about ds sleeping too long. He regulaly sleeps through the night at only 11 weeks old. And he takes great naps-4-6 hours. He is breastfed. And I get full...has caused problems. I feel the supply is compatible right now and I can handle him sleeping for long periods, but it worries me. Most babes are up every few hours, right?

I am so shocked not to be sleep deprived at this point, as I was with the other two dses. Please don't be mad at us for getting sleep. I am praying for those with sleepless nights.

Love, Kendra
#2 of 7 Old 09-05-2003, 01:49 AM

My girl has been sleaping seven, sometimes eight hours at night since she was two weeks old. I am breast feeding too, and I was a little worried that the long break from nursing would impact my milk supply,but she is gaining weight fine. Other than my breasts being rock hard in the morning all is great. Just be greatfull.
#3 of 7 Old 09-05-2003, 02:19 AM

DD was a fabulous sleeper until she started teething. She used to sleep through the night only waking up once to nurse. We co-sleep so no big deal. She would go right back to sleep. I used to worry about her sleeping so much, but now I long for those days. With teething, she is up every hour and has the hardest time going back to sleep. Enjoy your sleep now while you can!
#4 of 7 Old 09-05-2003, 05:33 AM

YES! It's wonderful. isn't it? My dd sleeps so long into the night that I usually wake up so I can nurse her! This is a 180 from how my ds was! I thank my lucky stars but can't help but feel I owe somebody somewhere a pound of flesh after her 3 hr. 55 min. labor and now this! I hope it lasts! I'm not as much fun when sleep deprived.
#5 of 7 Old 09-05-2003, 05:57 AM

I do... since day one. My first was up at least every two hours to nurse and to this day wakes up at least once a night to nurse (he's 2.5)... he's slept through the night only twice and both times I woke panicing that something terrible had happened. I was all ready to get back into the every two hours routine... but this one just sleeps and sleeps. She doesn't even like to nurse to sleep. I'm sleeping better than when I was pregnant (with all the potty breaks) But she's gaining well and is strong, so knock on wood and enjoy your slumber.

The only thing I do worry about is that I sleep deeper and have woken a couple of times with her completely covered by our comforter. Never happened with #1. I'm afraid I'm not as aware of her since we're sleeping so well. Scary.
#6 of 7 Old 09-05-2003, 08:15 AM

sorry, having to remove all posts with personal info due to an online stalker.
#7 of 7 Old 09-05-2003, 02:22 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally posted by Kanga
I do... since day one. My first was up at least every two hours to nurse and to this day wakes up at least once a night to nurse (he's 2.5)... he's slept through the night only twice and both times I woke panicing that something terrible had happened. I was all ready to get back into the every two hours routine... but this one just sleeps and sleeps. She doesn't even like to nurse to sleep. I'm sleeping better than when I was pregnant (with all the potty breaks) But she's gaining well and is strong, so knock on wood and enjoy your slumber.

The only thing I do worry about is that I sleep deeper and have woken a couple of times with her completely covered by our comforter. Never happened with #1. I'm afraid I'm not as aware of her since we're sleeping so well. Scary.
Kanga, everything you said is identical to my experience. My first also woke up every 2 hours for months - now she sleeps through, but can't go to sleep by herself yet at 3 1/2. Meanwhile #2 has slept at least 5 hours at a time since birth. She is starting to fall asleep by herself when we put her down awake - how refreshing! She sleeps from about 10:00pm to ?? (she nurses and I change her diaper at some point without leaving the bed; I'm groggy and have no glasses on, so I don't know what time it is!) and then wakes up at 8:00am or so.

Our sleeper was almost 9 lbs. at birth - do you think size has anything to do with it? (totally anecdotal theory I have heard)

Pumping a little might help with the long intervals between feedings, but then again, that might boost your supply too much. I just tried to stick it out, and my supply evened out at about 2 months or so.

Mom "D" to DD1 "Z" (14) and DD2 "I" (11) DH "M"

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page