To the aliens who stole my happy boy - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 02-19-2008, 06:26 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Give.Him.Back.Now. : Two nights of fevers plus two days of clingy boy on top of about two to three hours of sleep total each night added to nipples that have been sucked raw over the past 12 hours and a little boy who simply cannot sleep have turned this normally patient, loving mama into a yelling, exhausted, crank-o-saurus that I don't even recognize.

I want my sweet boy back. I want to sleep. I want to be able to nurse him without pain. I want sleep (did I mention that?). I want him to stop crying. I want my head to stop hurting. I want him to stop hurting. I even gave him some infant Tylenol, on the off chance that it might help him to get some desperately needed sleep, and it did the exact opposite thing and wound him up so much, he is practically vibrating with excess energy now.

Oh, and the whole "nap when he does" thing? Yeah, can't do that. I have another little boy that I have to take care of today, and I can't have a "sick" day. If I don't work, I don't get paid, and if I don't get paid, the bills don't get paid.

And, the "let your partner have a turn" thing? Yeah, can't do that either. I have no partner. As much as I love being a single mama, just tonight, I so wish I did. I desperately need some help. I would even take a friend right now that I could call in the middle of the night. They all have kids though, so yeah, can't do that either.

I am so tired, I want to throw him out the window and then sit down and throw up and then cry. Please, whoever took my sweet boy away, give him back. NOW.

Formerly single Mama to the zaniest boy on the block, born on my birthday on 3/28/07. Soon to be Mama to a new little and can't wait to bfinfant.gif and femalesling.GIF and familybed1.gif again! 
#2 of 8 Old 02-19-2008, 09:43 AM

Many hugs mama, that sounds really rough. I wish i could come by and give you a break.
#3 of 8 Old 02-19-2008, 11:18 AM

I hope the aliens bring back your happy boy!
#4 of 8 Old 02-19-2008, 12:03 PM

Hugs to you, Mama. : This too shall pass. I hope you and your boy get some good rest soon.
#5 of 8 Old 02-19-2008, 04:21 PM

I hope the aliens bring him back soon.

And I love "crank-o-saurus!" Now I have a word for what I've been in the past week.
#6 of 8 Old 02-19-2008, 04:42 PM

I'm so sorry momma. I hope that you both feel better and get some rest soon.
#7 of 8 Old 02-20-2008, 10:58 AM - Thread Starter

Just when I thought I was going to give up on being a mama, my dear, sweet boy came back to me last night! We both got an entire night of the most blissful, heavenly sleep that we possibly could have. I woke up this morning, and he even stayed asleep long enough for me to take a leisurly shower! Woo Hoo!

I swear, sometimes I think he knows when I am reaching the end of my rope and he turns into the sweetest baby on earth.

Thanks for the kind thoughts mamas. I am so glad I was able to vent.

Formerly single Mama to the zaniest boy on the block, born on my birthday on 3/28/07. Soon to be Mama to a new little and can't wait to bfinfant.gif and femalesling.GIF and familybed1.gif again! 
#8 of 8 Old 02-20-2008, 11:12 AM

Aw mama. Hang in there. It is really, really hard. Do the best you can. Take lots of deep breaths and by gosh, let the dishes, laundry, vaccuuming and anything else not necessary to basic life needs, go for the day. You will feel better and so will he. Practice proper latching- nose to nipple and off centered. Try warm baths. This WILL pass.
Hugs.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page