Another teething question - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 09-07-2003, 09:39 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
For the past 3 days my 7mth old has been teething pretty bad. Being very restless, sleeps a lot but not for long periods, nurses non stop, has had rectal temps of 101.2 BUT his morning it was 102.2!!! I broke down and gave her some tylenol. I have been giving her just hylands tablets. It is her two upper front teeth. She has her 2 bottom ones already. A point of the right top one broke through yesterday morning. I am concerned that the temp was so high this morning. I have been up since 5:45AM with her. I just got her back to sleep. Please help.
#2 of 3 Old 09-07-2003, 09:47 AM

Teething may cause a really low-grade fever (like 99 or 100), but if it's getting as high as 102, I would say that she's probably sick and not just teething. Teething CAN lower the immune response and make it easier for a virus or cold to start but it does not cause high fevers. SO my advice is to treat her as if she is sick- lots of fluids (esp breastmilk), tylenol IF the fever is really bothering her (I personally prefer not to treat fever, as it helps to burn sickness away faster) and lots of rest. Good luck!
#3 of 3 Old 09-07-2003, 09:55 AM - Thread Starter

She is smiling and happy BUT is a lot fussier.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page