I just put my sleeping baby down and he kept sleeping!! - Mothering Forums
Life With a Baby > I just put my sleeping baby down and he kept sleeping!!
sarahtdubb's Avatar sarahtdubb 03:14 PM 02-21-2008
I just have to share--this is the first time this has ever happened. Usually my babe (5 mo) naps in the carrier or while being held, and will wake up ASAP if you put him down... but just now he fell asleep nursing and the door rang. I put him down.. and he stayed asleep. 15 minutes later, he is still sleeping. Oh my word....
haha, he just woke up! oh well, it was good while it lasted.

jbirdbrain's Avatar jbirdbrain 03:57 PM 02-21-2008
This gives me hope for my LO. He's almost 5mos and still has to be swaddled if we want to put him down asleep. And even then he wakes up about half the time...
jenni22's Avatar jenni22 07:48 PM 02-21-2008
I made just about that same exact post when DD was about 7 months old, I was pretty excited and I just had to share it with someone! It was kind of a fluke I think, but that's ok, I'm happy with her in the carrier
matey's Avatar matey 07:59 PM 02-21-2008
I was hoping my ds would learn how to do that before I return to work in April. He will be almost 4 months then, but now I see you all have are 5 and 7 month olds and they are just starting to figure it out. Oh no, I am afaid he is going to be a headache for his main babysitter who has an active one year old to worry about. I wish I didnt have to go back to work and I could stay home and just hold him during him naps!
ASusan's Avatar ASusan 08:04 PM 02-21-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by matey View Post
I was hoping my ds would learn how to do that before I return to work in April. He will be almost 4 months then, but now I see you all have are 5 and 7 month olds and they are just starting to figure it out. Oh no, I am afaid he is going to be a headache for his main babysitter who has an active one year old to worry about. I wish I didnt have to go back to work and I could stay home and just hold him during him naps!
He may respond differently to the day care worker. DH can put DS (4.5 mos) down sleeping and he stays asleep. Me, not so successful. He can sense that I'm letting go...and he's awake. Dad can just plunk him down, adjust his limbs, the blanket...babe stays asleep.
Up