My 14 month old is suddenly afraid of taking baths - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-08-2003, 01:03 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Has anyone experienced this? All of a sudden, he is very afraid in his little tub. Nothing has changed. He is just literally terrified. And this from a child who formerly loved his tub. I don't know what happened. Is this normal?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-08-2003, 05:59 PM

Yep, BTDT. At 13 months my first ds absolutely refused to go anywhere near the bathtub that he had previously adored. I have no idea what caused it - it was like a lightswitch flipped on day and he would positively scream if he heard the water running. It lasted a couple of months and then it was like nothing had ever happened and he happily took baths again.: We did a lot of sponge baths during that two months and he was fine. The only problem was the hair -- which he had ton of. I did have to resort to quick hair washes under the sink every so often, lots of screaming involved but it was quick.
Old 09-08-2003, 06:34 PM

I did pretty much what Beth did when ds went through this. I also had him actually get in the tub at least once a week and this is when I washed his hair. He wasn't screaming but wasn't happy either. But I figured if I avoided the bath altogether than he would never get back in. This lasted maybe two months and Billy is a little water boy once again.
Old 09-08-2003, 06:41 PM

I don't know if this would work, but have you tried taking a bath with him? Just an idea!

Lex

Mindfully mothering SIX kids (ages 5, 6, 8, 9, 11 & 11) in a small house with a lot of love.

User Tag List