***April 2007 Mamas - It's March 2008!!!*** - Page 14 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#391 of 420 Old 03-28-2008, 04:42 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tabrizia View Post

DH was hoping to be able to stay home today, but he couldn't because his boss is in meetings all day so he is second in charge (the other second is on vacation). Which is a bit of a pain since we're having a party tomorrow and we need to clean and cook for it. Oh well we'll get it done tonight and tomorrow morning. I think we have a nice menu planned though: spinach strawberry salad, home made mac and cheese, baked potato soup, a swiss and asparagus quiche and a crab quiche. Plus a cheese tray and a veggie tray and carrot cake cupcakes and a fruit pizza for desert. It should be a fun day tomorrow, we're going to play board games.
mmmmmm! What time do I come over?

I took Sophia shopping for a bit. We wandered into BabyGap because I was looking at Gap for some capris. She grabbed a liitle giraffe dress and held it ip to her cheek while she nursed. Then I hld a giraffe shirt and a butterfly shirt out to her and asked which she liked better with the pants. She pointed to the giraffe. My sisters are big shoppers...am I trouble? She got both outfits for her birthday.

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
#392 of 420 Old 03-28-2008, 05:16 PM

I've been naughty bought a suit too

http://flickr.com/photos/23676482@N00/?saved=1
#393 of 420 Old 03-28-2008, 11:42 PM

WOW just watched the business of being born! it was fantastic! i told dh i want him to buy it for me!! ( netflix it this time) it was really awesome i wish i had invited friends over to watch it with me

drinking a margarita mmmm yummy lol

I ordered my exchange persons gift and i am having it shipped directly to her, and it shipped yesterday so even tho you don't know who you are keep your eye out!!

and my baby was 11 months old yesterday and i am so sad she is walking all over!!! she is so big! i will have to get some pics together to show you all

Have goodnight!

Susan, Mom to 4- Elizabeth 12, Hailey 9, Sammy 7, Caroline 3
#394 of 420 Old 03-29-2008, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateSerj View Post

I ordered my exchange persons gift and i am having it shipped directly to her, and it shipped yesterday so even tho you don't know who you are keep your eye out!!
I think I'm going to do this too. I'd hoped to make something but I just can't find the time to myself.
#395 of 420 Old 03-29-2008, 12:02 PM

Love the suit!

We all went to the science museum last night as my work was having a party there. The girls had a blast. Sophia crawled all over the giant piano keyboard. She stood on it for a while, but wasn't gutsy enough to take a step on it. There was a projection on the wall that sensed your shadow so you could use your hands (or I used S's head) to move billiard balls around. Hard to explain, but fun.

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
#396 of 420 Old 03-29-2008, 01:10 PM

It's beginning to hit me that Abby's birthday is next Wednesday...
#397 of 420 Old 03-29-2008, 01:33 PM

OK, Claire is nearly 3 and is still taking a bottle. We should have weaned her from it at a year when it would have been easier, but we were just finding out how bad her allergies are so we didn't think about it at the time.

So after Sophia turns one we are having "Sippy Cup Boot Camp". No bottles. Gone. Overnight. (Did I mention that Dh is home with them all day? ) I think Sophia will do just fine.

Claire, not so much.

I've been talking to her that soon we won't have any bottles anymore, soon there will only be sippy cups, preschoolers don't drink from bottles, etc.

Today I told Claire that Sophia really likes sippy cups and soon she won't need bottles any more. Claire looks at me and say: Good, I'll have Sophie's bottles too.

Not what I had in mind.

#398 of 420 Old 03-29-2008, 02:56 PM

hanno, you bought that suit! It's adorable!!

I can't believe all these birthdays are coming up.

I am almost done my exchange gift, but I probably won't get it out until the middle of the week.

We are hanging out a my parents farm this weekend while they're in Cuba. So nice to be in the country!

A

Mama to Finn (04/05) Arlo (04/07) and Henry (04/10)
#399 of 420 Old 03-29-2008, 03:14 PM

Do you let your kids go in hot tubs?
THere is a hot tub here and it's a beautiful day, so I wanna go sit in it and I think the kids would like it. I'm sure it would be fine for Finn, but I'm not sure about Arlo (he takes super hot baths with me). It's at 102F right now, but will cool down when I open the lid. I may go turn it down to 99 or 100. What do you guys think?

Mama to Finn (04/05) Arlo (04/07) and Henry (04/10)
#400 of 420 Old 03-29-2008, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finn'smama View Post
Do you let your kids go in hot tubs?
THere is a hot tub here and it's a beautiful day, so I wanna go sit in it and I think the kids would like it. I'm sure it would be fine for Finn, but I'm not sure about Arlo (he takes super hot baths with me). It's at 102F right now, but will cool down when I open the lid. I may go turn it down to 99 or 100. What do you guys think?
turn it down to 100 and it will be nice! enjoy! i'd be in it if it were me!

#401 of 420 Old 03-29-2008, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclisa View Post
OK, Claire is nearly 3 and is still taking a bottle. We should have weaned her from it at a year when it would have been easier, but we were just finding out how bad her allergies are so we didn't think about it at the time.

So after Sophia turns one we are having "Sippy Cup Boot Camp". No bottles. Gone. Overnight. (Did I mention that Dh is home with them all day? ) I think Sophia will do just fine.

Claire, not so much.

I've been talking to her that soon we won't have any bottles anymore, soon there will only be sippy cups, preschoolers don't drink from bottles, etc.

Today I told Claire that Sophia really likes sippy cups and soon she won't need bottles any more. Claire looks at me and say: Good, I'll have Sophie's bottles too.

Not what I had in mind.

thats funny

on an unhappy note: Troy has another ear infection. this makes five since jan. He had to do the antibiotic shot, poor baby. He had it yesterday and today. Now we have to go see an ENT..........

~Me, mama to soapbox boy (1991), photo girl (1997), gadget girl (2003), jungle boy (2005), fan boy (2003) and twirly girl (2011). Twenty years of tree hugging, breastfeeding, cosleeping, unschooling, craziness
#402 of 420 Old 03-29-2008, 09:15 PM

I'm having issues finding the last part of my gift for the exchange. I had something specific I needed and can't find it anywhere. So now I have to go to plan B. Which means it'll take a tad longer to get to it's destination. Did we have a deadline?
And Hanno, did you find an extra person to participate? Ion's suit rocks!! What a little man, he's too sweet!

Candles are lit and lights are off, we are taking a light-break for earth hour.

Anglyn: so sorry!! Hope your little one feels better soon.

McLisa: good luck with the bottle bootcamp, that's hilarious! Liam still sleeps with a binky (I know, the shame, right?) and I'm trying to find a way to get him to give it up. The worst part is that the older he gets, the more attached he's become. I'm thinking of getting him a firetruck and exchanging the binkies for the truck. Maybe putting all the binkies in a baggy and bring them to the fire station to make it more official. So far when I speak to him about it during the day, he's all for it, if I mention it during evenings (close to bedtime) he says no. Maybe once he sees the firetruck...
#403 of 420 Old 03-29-2008, 10:23 PM

Still no extra person. We do have a couple days though I never thought about a deadline

Guess what? I got to meet Zenon and Kaylo and Kris and Scarlett and Max and Melissa today!!!!!
They are such awesome, awesome people. Exactly how I imagined them. Beautiful moms and babes. I've got to say that 4 years olds have EVEN MORE energy than 11 months olds. They are sweet and caring brothers too. I think I'm going to have my work cut out for me in a few years.

I just feel so lucky to have met them.

I didn't start earth hour until reading your post, doudat, at 8:20.

Anglyn- I hope Troy feels better soon.

Finn'smama- We should figure out a way to meet. Have fun at the farm :

mclisa- Claire sounds like a pretty smart girl. Good luck with the bootcamp.
#404 of 420 Old 03-30-2008, 01:09 AM

Caroline and her baby and my keys and her walking all over the place with both lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Sow_efOWRE

#405 of 420 Old 03-30-2008, 01:15 AM

awwww! Caroline is so cute! Abby is also carrying around a toy - hers is a puppet lamb that sings the marionette song from The Sound of Music. It is so cute when they find a special toy!
#406 of 420 Old 03-30-2008, 01:29 AM

Hanno, maybe you can count me as the "extra person", we emailed a while back and I'm so not in the loop, as I can barely come here and check on the dialogues!
Anyway, the BDays are coming quickly and we're right at the top on April 2nd.
Which brings me to a question! I've stored my placenta in the freezer for this whole year and I want to do something with it on Romea's Birthday. Burying it isn't really an option, as we have lots of wild animals here who would dig it out.
Any good ceremonial ideas with a frozen piece of meat :

unschooling mama with Toots'n Fruits (6) and BeenzieBoo (3)
#407 of 420 Old 03-30-2008, 01:36 AM

Oh, and Romea started walking yesterday, with a HUGE smile on her face!!
Every time she hits another milestone, I'm also a little sad, since she will be my last baby and I enjoy her babyhood so much, she is just so good at being a cute and fun baby! I guess she is almost a toddler now!!

unschooling mama with Toots'n Fruits (6) and BeenzieBoo (3)
#408 of 420 Old 03-30-2008, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanno View Post
Still no extra person. We do have a couple days though I never thought about a deadline

Guess what? I got to meet Zenon and Kaylo and Kris and Scarlett and Max and Melissa today!!!!!
They are such awesome, awesome people. Exactly how I imagined them. Beautiful moms and babes. I've got to say that 4 years olds have EVEN MORE energy than 11 months olds. They are sweet and caring brothers too. I think I'm going to have my work cut out for me in a few years.

I just feel so lucky to have met them.

I didn't start earth hour until reading your post, doudat, at 8:20.

Anglyn- I hope Troy feels better soon.

Finn'smama- We should figure out a way to meet. Have fun at the farm :

mclisa- Claire sounds like a pretty smart girl. Good luck with the
bootcamp.
it was so great to meet melissa&kids and you&kamrin&ion too, xi! i love how the babes weren't shy at all! thank you for sharing your home with us! i love how well we all knew eachother already--it felt natural to hang out in person.
i'll post the pics as soon as i'm back in vt.

hi to everyone else too! been MIA while visiting fam. and shoot, didn't know about earthhour... but would have liked to participate! we love using oil lamps at home.

happy spring everyone!

chicken3.gif mama knit.gif to 3 farmboys (9 reading.gif, 6 blahblah.gif & 3 notes2.gif ) and 1 farmgirl (baby.gif)
#409 of 420 Old 03-30-2008, 10:31 AM

Caroline looks so cute walking! And I can't believe that Romea has joined the ranks too. Sophia is thinking more about walking. Still just steps, but she certainly will walk earlier than her sisters.

DH and I saw Sound of Music last night at a private school. Wonderful music. I think I will get general admission tickets for next weekend and take Maddie. Their sets were a bit realistic almost too realistic when the swastica flags dropped from the ceiling to mark the music festival. Kind of chilling.

Hanno and the group! So jealous that all of you met! If any of you ever take a road trip to Mt. Rushmore....I'm here to see you.

(((Troy))) It's no fun to be a sick baby.

#410 of 420 Old 03-30-2008, 11:51 AM

Quote:
If any of you ever take a road trip to Mt. Rushmore....I'm here to see you.
We were there in my first trimester. It was fabulous. I think we'll wait to return until R is old enough to remember a trip. I saw that area when I was four and I think that's about as young as I'd take him.

We will certainly be out that way again someday. We need to go even further west--to Yosemite and Craters of the Moon!

Chasing DS since April 2007 and pumping for DD March 2013.

#411 of 420 Old 03-30-2008, 12:20 PM

Morning all. Our party/get together went well. Everyone seemed to have fun. Desmond didn't want to nap though, but he finally fell asleep on DH's back in the Beco and slept for 2 hours. There were about 2 too many people here for his comfort, he is okay with up to 4 or 5 other people he doesn't know, past that he starts getting really clingy, which isn't a problem, just something we need to remember. It may also make his birthday party next Saturday (eek less then a week till he is one now!) fun since there will likely be more then 6 people he isn't familiar with there. On the plus side there will be 6 people there he is really familiar with so hopefully that will help.

We are going out today to buy the last part of my person's present. We made half of it, I need to take pictures before we send out that piece, but the rest we are going to buy since making everything was a bit beyond us.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Sarah nak.gif married to DH Dan (August 2001) dh_malesling.GIF and Mommy to DS Desmond (April 2007) pinktongue.gif, DD Eloise (March 2009) hearts.gif and Sullivan (March 29, 2011) babyboy.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.giflactivist.gifcd.giffamilybed2.gif
#412 of 420 Old 03-30-2008, 07:05 PM

Is it really that close to April? Birthdays???!!! I'm not ready for this!!!

#413 of 420 Old 03-30-2008, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Is it really that close to April? Birthdays???!!! I'm not ready for this!!!
Yep scary isn't it?

Sarah nak.gif married to DH Dan (August 2001) dh_malesling.GIF and Mommy to DS Desmond (April 2007) pinktongue.gif, DD Eloise (March 2009) hearts.gif and Sullivan (March 29, 2011) babyboy.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.giflactivist.gifcd.giffamilybed2.gif
#414 of 420 Old 03-31-2008, 02:55 PM

defend the FMLA!

http://www.questionpro.com/akira/TakeSurvey?id=923464

#415 of 420 Old 03-31-2008, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Done! you should post in other areas too
#416 of 420 Old 03-31-2008, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Done.

In other news for the day. Desmond is sleeping through the night, or has for the past 3 nighs running (knock on wood, I'm afraid announcing it will make it stop). He sleep for 6 to 7 hours before waking, it is so nice, I hope he keeps it up. On the downside, he wakes instantly if you try to move him to his pack and play or crib, but I can deal with that if he keeps up the 6 to 7 hour sleep period.

I also love Countree Toy Shoppe's customer service. One of the toys we ordered had a wheel broken in shipping, and they immediately sent out a new toy, which arrived today (they sent it Friday) so I have it in time for Desmond's birthday on Saturday.

In other thoughts, Desmond's birthday is on Saturday! Eek! Where did the past year go? He is almost 1. It is really hard to wrap my head around that concept that I don't have a baby, I have a 1 year old. He is now standing from sitting, and doesn't crawl at all anymore. So I have a full time walker too. He is such a little toddler, eek!

#417 of 420 Old 03-31-2008, 03:48 PM

Quote:
done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanno View Post
Done! you should post in other areas too
love the baby bra pic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabrizia View Post
Done.

In other news for the day. Desmond is sleeping through the night, or has for the past 3 nighs running (knock on wood, I'm afraid announcing it will make it stop). He sleep for 6 to 7 hours before waking, it is so nice, I hope he keeps it up. On the downside, he wakes instantly if you try to move him to his pack and play or crib, but I can deal with that if he keeps up the 6 to 7 hour sleep period.

I also love Countree Toy Shoppe's customer service. One of the toys we ordered had a wheel broken in shipping, and they immediately sent out a new toy, which arrived today (they sent it Friday) so I have it in time for Desmond's birthday on Saturday.

In other thoughts, Desmond's birthday is on Saturday! Eek! Where did the past year go? He is almost 1. It is really hard to wrap my head around that concept that I don't have a baby, I have a 1 year old. He is now standing from sitting, and doesn't crawl at all anymore. So I have a full time walker too. He is such a little toddler, eek!
wow, saturday!?? i can't believe it's been a year since our babes were born!

chicken3.gif mama knit.gif to 3 farmboys (9 reading.gif, 6 blahblah.gif & 3 notes2.gif ) and 1 farmgirl (baby.gif)
#418 of 420 Old 03-31-2008, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krismarie View Post
love the baby bra pic
Thanks!

Ion keeps trying to say 'Roo' at the dog He can't get the R sound but it's otherwise clearly a copy.
#419 of 420 Old 03-31-2008, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krismarie View Post
i can't believe it's been a year since our babes were born!
Abby's is Wednesday and I found out the other day that Chuck has to stay out of town Tues - Wed and will be busy until late Wednesday. It is unusual for his work to require stuff like this but when it does he has to do it. We'll celebrate Thursday.
#420 of 420 Old 03-31-2008, 10:02 PM

yea for sleep Desmond! Keep it up!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page