***April 2007 Mamas - It's March 2008!!!*** - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-04-2008, 06:10 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I can't read or post right now (except for this little excerpt and I will be lucky if I even get to put this up) because my little rugrat (said in the most loving of ways ) is AWAKE!!!! And has been for THREE hours! All, I wanted to do was come home, read my MDC DDC thread and post, and go to bed! And the thing that bites, it he will probably be up for the day bright and early. You would think he would sleep in after nights like this....I would sleep in after nights like this....

Rebekah , single working mom to Micah (04.12.2007)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2008, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShyDaisi View Post
I can't read or post right now (except for this little excerpt and I will be lucky if I even get to put this up) because my little rugrat (said in the most loving of ways ) is AWAKE!!!! And has been for THREE hours! All, I wanted to do was come home, read my MDC DDC thread and post, and go to bed! And the thing that bites, it he will probably be up for the day bright and early. You would think he would sleep in after nights like this....I would sleep in after nights like this....
'

I know the feeling Desmond was not interested in sleeping at bedtime tonight either, and I could tell he was tired. DH (thank goodness for DH) had to take him back downstairs where he finally fell asleep. DH was just going to leave him to sleep on the floor (and had lay down next to him), but I brought both of them up at 2:30ish. Sigh I hate the not wanting to sleep nights.

And yes to answer a question in an earlier thread I tend to have insomnia, Desmond is also fairly good about sleeping in till around 11am (with his 230429345 feedings in there) and so I can normally go to bed around 2/3am and still get a decent amount of sleep in between the feeding. I still wish he would sleep slightly longer periods even though I am awake normally for his first awakening at 2am.

Sarah nak.gif married to DH Dan (August 2001) dh_malesling.GIF and Mommy to DS Desmond (April 2007) pinktongue.gif, DD Eloise (March 2009) hearts.gif and Sullivan (March 29, 2011) babyboy.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.giflactivist.gifcd.giffamilybed2.gif
Old 03-04-2008, 10:13 AM

Aww...I hope babies are sleeping in this AM

Johnny is also a "non walker" he can take steps but he is not too good at standing so he will take a couple steps and then sit down and crawl - plus its faster

ok I'm off to school...
Old 03-04-2008, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finn'smama View Post
Curly Purly
Fern and Faerie

I've used both of these with success
thanks!

mama  to 3 farmboys (, & ) and 1 farmgirl ()
Old 03-04-2008, 03:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by krismarie View Post
st margaret--that's awesome that your mom was a LLL leader! adorable pictures! what beautiful eyes!
Thanks!

Hope everyone got ok sleep. Sophie's seeming to need a bit less sleep these couple days, with naps, and it's maddening, to have spent hours trying to get her down b/c she's tired and it's time, but nope! She's finally down now, tho we have to go in 45 min to a mom's meet at the gardens, and she never napped yesterday afternoon... I'm okay if she wants to stay up, but just let me know, k love?
Old 03-04-2008, 04:05 PM

He slept through the night! He slept through the night! He slept through the night! Once he was out he was out till 8am! Then nursed on and off till we got up at 11:30 like normal. He slept more then 3 hours! I am so happy, it was so nice.

Sarah nak.gif married to DH Dan (August 2001) dh_malesling.GIF and Mommy to DS Desmond (April 2007) pinktongue.gif, DD Eloise (March 2009) hearts.gif and Sullivan (March 29, 2011) babyboy.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.giflactivist.gifcd.giffamilybed2.gif
Old 03-04-2008, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabrizia View Post
He slept through the night! He slept through the night! He slept through the night! Once he was out he was out till 8am! Then nursed on and off till we got up at 11:30 like normal. He slept more then 3 hours! I am so happy, it was so nice.
yeeeeehaaw! That's awesome.
Old 03-04-2008, 06:03 PM

Hello, I've been somewhat following this thread for a while, but I'm kind of shy about posting. I need to just get over it.

My son Paul was born April 9 by c-section :-( (He was breech, but the midwife didn't realize it until I had been in labor a while). He has always been a very social little guy when were out, giving everyone the biggest smiles. He was very difficult to keep happy for like the first 8 months, but now I'm already forgetting that. He has been crawling for a month, will stand himself up against things and he says "dadada" and "bababa" sounds. He only has his two bottom front teeth, and likes to eat apple slices, but every other food comes back out as fast as it goes in. He's our first, and has no cousins, but my little sister is 2 (3 in May). So it is really cute now that they can kind of play together.

There's my April 2007 baby for you in a paragragh. Thanks for letting me read about all of your babies because I don't really know anyone with little children.

Amy, wife of Ben and mommy of Paul (4/9/07), (7/09) and Charlie (5/13/10)
Old 03-04-2008, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty5_3000 View Post
Hello, I've been somewhat following this thread for a while, but I'm kind of shy about posting. I need to just get over it.

My son Paul was born April 9 by c-section :-( (He was breech, but the midwife didn't realize it until I had been in labor a while). He has always been a very social little guy when were out, giving everyone the biggest smiles. He was very difficult to keep happy for like the first 8 months, but now I'm already forgetting that. He has been crawling for a month, will stand himself up against things and he says "dadada" and "bababa" sounds. He only has his two bottom front teeth, and likes to eat apple slices, but every other food comes back out as fast as it goes in. He's our first, and has no cousins, but my little sister is 2 (3 in May). So it is really cute now that they can kind of play together.

There's my April 2007 baby for you in a paragragh. Thanks for letting me read about all of your babies because I don't really know anyone with little children.
Welcome! cute video!

Old 03-04-2008, 06:13 PM

Quote:
YAY! that's wonderful! maybe it will help with your insomnia if he starts putting in regular nights like that! i also have trouble sleeping and it's much worse when i know zenon will be waking often.

Old 03-04-2008, 06:20 PM

Quote:
I am sooooooooooooo JEALOUS!!! (just kidding....kind of, hehe)
I hope the trend continues!

A

Mama to Finn (04/05) Arlo (04/07) and Henry (04/10)
Old 03-04-2008, 06:20 PM

Quote:

Welcome!

Old 03-04-2008, 06:22 PM

kris, I notice you have a spiffy new senior title! What's funny is that I had emailed about getting "open to suggestions" when I first got to 1000, but I must've sent it to the wrong person because it never changed! oops!

Old 03-04-2008, 06:39 PM

Quote:

Welcome! I was a shy lurker before posting too. Good to know I'm not the only one.

My DS loves to eat apple slices. I think it's cute to watch. He makes such a mess!

Cynthia, loving my husband Isaac, my silly boy Jacob (Apr 07), my sweet little Luke (Dec 09), and my darling Lily (Aug 12)

Old 03-04-2008, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaybeGracie View Post
Welcome! I was a shy lurker before posting too. Good to know I'm not the only one.

My DS loves to eat apple slices. I think it's cute to watch. He makes such a mess!
New people make this seem so much livelier Yea!

No offense to the rest of us right?

Wife to J. Mama to girly S (4/07), little boy blue E (1/10) and tiny peanut girl due (7/12)

Old 03-04-2008, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivkajean View Post
New people make this seem so much livelier Yea!

No offense to the rest of us right?
Um, I'm offended.
j/k!

Welcome everyone!!! And don't be shy about just diving right in and taking part in the discussion, we're a friendly bunch

Hurray for sleep Tabrizia! I'm super envious.
Romi slept, well, like romi last night. Which isn't good. Oh well. And I was counting on napping with her today but missy decided sleep was for the weak. So I'm tired today. Very tired.
Old 03-04-2008, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krismarie View Post
Welcome! cute video!
I hope I'm doing the quote thing right. Thanks. I already forgot what video it was. Here are the most recent pictures of him too.

Amy, wife of Ben and mommy of Paul (4/9/07), (7/09) and Charlie (5/13/10)
Old 03-04-2008, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finn'smama View Post
kris, I notice you have a spiffy new senior title! What's funny is that I had emailed about getting "open to suggestions" when I first got to 1000, but I must've sent it to the wrong person because it never changed! oops!
that's funny. i actually can change mine whenever b/c it's a perk of being a "mdc supporter" (which i just became)... b/f that, i had no idea what to write. that's so funny that you were going to say the same thing. i'll try and think of one for ya (i'm really bad at that, actually--it's why mine was blank for so long)

Old 03-04-2008, 11:12 PM

Hello everyone!

It's been a while! I scrolled through quickly and just seeing your names again made me remember being pregnant!

Katelyn Anjali will be 11 months on the 19th, I can't believe it! She is my little shadow. There is no doubt she is a momma's girl, has been since day one. She is just finally starting to willingly let my husband hold her...for all of four seconds, then reaches back for me. I eat it up, but it would be nice if she held onto him a tad longer...

She is crawling, pulling herself up, standing for a few seconds on her own, cruising furniture and toys. She says "momma", "dadda", "uh-oh!" and "ahhhh!".

She loves her baby doll and will sit there and rock her, saying "ahhhh, ahhhh" or singing to her. She also loves to drum on things...with her hands, with a spoon or toy, whatever is handy.

My favorite thing is to watch her with my other kids. My oldest is her next favorite person after me, she just lights up when she sees him. She will play with my daughter f o r e v e r...probably where she started playing with baby dolls. My five year old can make her laugh like no one else, and boy does she love to pick on my 3 year old! It's very cute to watch those dynamics...

My picture hardware/software/whatever it is, isn't working...but I'll try to get picks up soon. Right now, I'm going to go back and catch up with you guys.
Old 03-04-2008, 11:44 PM

Wow! She looks like a 1 yr old!

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
Old 03-05-2008, 12:05 AM

Micah! What were you thinking keeping your mama up like that! I hope you got some rest shy daisy.

My girls are late walkers. Maddie was 1 day shy of 18 months. E was 14 months. Claire was 15 months. I prefer it that way.

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
Old 03-05-2008, 12:27 AM

been busy! i got Caroline's marathon today!! it so pretty!
pics
first pic, she came so fast we forgot about pic till she was at least an hour old
2 months
4 months
6 monthsalmost 8 months
last week 10 months
last week bed head

Susan, Mom to 4- Elizabeth 12, Hailey 9, Sammy 7, Caroline 3
Old 03-05-2008, 02:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclisa View Post
Micah! What were you thinking keeping your mama up like that! I hope you got some rest shy daisy.

My girls are late walkers. Maddie was 1 day shy of 18 months. E was 14 months. Claire was 15 months. I prefer it that way.
i wouldn't mind if zenon walks later either...

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateSerj View Post
how cute! i love the bedhead and her squished into the storage container ! i can't believe how big our babes are...

Old 03-05-2008, 02:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyPrincess View Post
Hello everyone!

It's been a while! I scrolled through quickly and just seeing your names again made me remember being pregnant!

Katelyn Anjali will be 11 months on the 19th, I can't believe it! She is my little shadow. There is no doubt she is a momma's girl, has been since day one. She is just finally starting to willingly let my husband hold her...for all of four seconds, then reaches back for me. I eat it up, but it would be nice if she held onto him a tad longer...

She is crawling, pulling herself up, standing for a few seconds on her own, cruising furniture and toys. She says "momma", "dadda", "uh-oh!" and "ahhhh!".

She loves her baby doll and will sit there and rock her, saying "ahhhh, ahhhh" or singing to her. She also loves to drum on things...with her hands, with a spoon or toy, whatever is handy.

My favorite thing is to watch her with my other kids. My oldest is her next favorite person after me, she just lights up when she sees him. She will play with my daughter f o r e v e r...probably where she started playing with baby dolls. My five year old can make her laugh like no one else, and boy does she love to pick on my 3 year old! It's very cute to watch those dynamics...

My picture hardware/software/whatever it is, isn't working...but I'll try to get picks up soon. Right now, I'm going to go back and catch up with you guys.
hey monkeyprincess! it's nice to hear how you're doing! katelyn sounds like a sweetie that's interesting to hear about the dynamics...i wonder if it's certain ages. i only have the one older one, but he is just 4 and zenon likes to pick on him too! (although he may just be givin back what he gets )
can't wait to see pictures

Old 03-05-2008, 02:14 AM

just watched business of being born (couldn't make it to the local (sorta) gathering...had to watch it at home). it made me realize i'm not ready to go through birth again anytime soon...strange, but i really felt that. but i think it's great that so many people are seeing it--it was really good.

Old 03-05-2008, 03:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doudat View Post
Hurray for sleep Tabrizia! I'm super envious.
Romi slept, well, like romi last night. Which isn't good. Oh well. And I was counting on napping with her today but missy decided sleep was for the weak. So I'm tired today. Very tired.
doudat, you tell that little Romi to let her mama get some sleep. Hope you at least got to drink some good today.
Old 03-05-2008, 03:22 AM

MonkeyPrincess, welcome back! I want to see pictures, too! I love to see my kids interact, too. Especially when they laugh together.

Hi liberty!

Ultimate - Love the bedhead photo!

Gosh they look so teeny as newborns don't they?
Old 03-05-2008, 10:45 AM

10 months didn't put the right pic opps lol ( my friend Lara and her 6 month old Isla, everyone thinks Isla and Caroline are twins lol)

business of being born is next on my list from netflixs!

Susan, Mom to 4- Elizabeth 12, Hailey 9, Sammy 7, Caroline 3
Old 03-05-2008, 12:30 PM

we're going to interview a new doctor in an hour and I'm so nervous!
and Ion just puked everywhere (not even we're going to the doc)
Old 03-05-2008, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanno View Post
we're going to interview a new doctor in an hour and I'm so nervous!
and Ion just puked everywhere (not even we're going to the doc)

oh no! hope he isn't sicky...
interview for a fam doc??

User Tag List