thermal onesies? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 09-11-2003, 11:56 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I picked up a plain long sleeve thermal (waffle knit) onesie at a garage sale. The tag says Carter's but it looks like an old tag so it was not recently produced. I love this onesie!!!!! I would like to purchase more before the winter weather sets in but cannot find them anywhere. I have even done some searching online. Anyone know of a company that makes these?

Yooper
#2 of 10 Old 09-11-2003, 04:44 PM

i got a thermal onesie and pants at the Gap.so cute! that was several years ago,but maybe they still make them??
#3 of 10 Old 09-11-2003, 05:37 PM

I got a couple of these at the Carter's outlet here in Pennsylvania. Not sure if there's an outlet near you but at least I can confirm that they're still making them. They had colors and couple of stripes and prints. Can't remember the price but I think they were around $5 each.

KT : - Smitten mama to J & M : Looking for a local group in SEPA? - See my homepage!
#4 of 10 Old 09-11-2003, 10:41 PM

I have one that I got at Sears about 2 months ago. It was short sleeved and on the clearance rack.

I have a long sleeved one that I got at a consignment store. I think it may be Carters, but I'm not positive.
#5 of 10 Old 09-11-2003, 11:35 PM

I got two of the thermal ones right after finding out I was pregnant with dd#1. i cherish them and have never seen them since. That was 7 years ago. I got them at mervyns.

The truest answer to violence is love. The truest answer to death is life. The only prevention for violence is for the heart to have no violence within it.  We cannot prevent evil through any system devised by mankind. But we can grapple with evil and defeat it, but only with love—real love.

#6 of 10 Old 09-12-2003, 01:44 AM

T

Yooper, does your name mean that you are living in the UP? Oh, if so I am so jealous, I love the UP. What town? I'm from southern MI, but have many fond camping memories and now I'm so far away.
And you are a vegan (me too) up there in deer hunting country? Hats off to you.
I make vegan pasties with tofurky, carrots, onion, potatoes, rutabega and kale. I'm the only person I know who will eat them.
Well, just wanted to say hello.
Cheers and happy autumn.

Aitara
#7 of 10 Old 09-12-2003, 09:58 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the help. I will try and find a Carter's outlet on one of my next trips. This onesie is PRICELESS!

Aitara, yep yooper means I live in the U.P. I live near Houghton. And being vegan in deer country is not too hard. Raising a child vegan is going to be tricky though..... I make vegan pasties too. They are a hit with my down state family. Oregon is a place I always wanted to visit so I am jealous too

Yooper
#8 of 10 Old 09-14-2003, 09:31 PM

I was in our WalMart yesterday and saw some Gerber thermals. They have long sleeves and long pants and come in a variety of colors. They are very cute and reminded me of this post...
#9 of 10 Old 09-14-2003, 10:16 PM

The ones at walmart may be 50% polyester.

According to dh there is aparently no compromise on the one more kid thing so if you would like one of mine PM me. One of them two of my children wore home from the hospital so I must keep that one but you can have the other one if you want it.

The truest answer to violence is love. The truest answer to death is life. The only prevention for violence is for the heart to have no violence within it.  We cannot prevent evil through any system devised by mankind. But we can grapple with evil and defeat it, but only with love—real love.

#10 of 10 Old 09-14-2003, 11:10 PM

We used the gerber ones from wal-mart

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page