sling with bad back - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-11-2003, 06:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Does anyone have a recommendation for a good sling to use for someone who has a weak back? My back has been bothering me off and on for years, and it's currently on strike which makes it really hard to care for my 2-month-old, but it's hard to get things done if I have to hold him with both of my hands. I have a Nojo sling now, but it's so hard to adjust that it ends up pulling on my back.

Has anyone out there found a good sling that doesn't end up pulling on your back much? I need help!

Thanks!!!

K
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-12-2003, 01:29 AM

Maybe a wrap sling, like the ultimate baby wrap or girasol? or a fleece pouch? I've used both as a nanny, and I have bad back. Or what about a backpack-style carrier, like the ergo or a gerry backpack? Good luck!
oh I just realized you are talking about a 2 mo old! Maybe not a backpack yet! But the others are great!
Old 09-12-2003, 02:03 AM

I have pretty bad scoliosis and the two that I've had luck with are the Ultimate Baby Wrap and the Ergo. There are reviews on both of them, just do a search (button in the upper right hand corner of the page).
HTH

User Tag List