Mothering Forum banner

Any Other Babies With Freezing Cold Feet/Hands??

727 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  dogmom327 
#1 ·
Hi Everyone!!

Does anyone else has a baby whose hands and feet are constantly cold?

No matter what I do it seems like Silas's hands and feet are cold. If he isn't bundled up then his hands and feet get FREEZING cold, and take forever to warm up to cold or lukewarm.
I have noticed this is the worst at night. Our bedroom is very warm, he co sleeps with us and is under several blankets. I will be hot from the temp on the room (without blankets even!) and his hands will feel like ice!!! His feet will be really cold too, even though they are under the blankets and he always has socks on.
Our house is kept at a comfortable temp, and I dress him appropriately.

Should I start bundling him up even more? Is it normal for some babies to be really cold like this?
I was thinking that it might have something to do with circulation or something...

Anyone BTDT?

My first DS got hot really easy, so pretty much the opposite

See less See more
#2 ·
Yes, my DD has this problem with her hands. Almost doesn't matter what we do, she's always ice cold. Particularly at night.

I suspect it's because the way baby's manage their peripheral circulation is still immature.

I try to pull her sleeves over her hands when she sleeps and warm them against my body when she nurses at night.

V

#3 ·
DS's hands are usually cold. No idea about his feet though because he always has socks on these days (we keep our house fairly cool). I don't worry too much because the rest of him is quite warm and my hands and particularly my feet are always cold so he may have inherited it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.