APRIL 2007 Mamas its APRIL ALREADY!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABIES!!! - Page 11 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-18-2008, 07:55 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Maximom! Thank you SO much! We love our gifts!!! Ari saw the box and was so upset when I told her it was for Abby, so she was overjoyed to see the bubbles were for her! She has already blown a few on our porch... Abby most lovd the tissue paper. I have a few pictures, but DH's computer isn't working, and he has the card slot, so I'll have to wait to post them. We got a cute outfit for Abby, with matching babylegs - we really needed some as she is still crawling and as it gets warmer I want something to cover her legs that she won't pull off. We also got some yummy-looking apple butter, yummy smelling soap, and seeds that Ari is already asking to plant. I think we will stop by mom's next weekend and get some pots. We got a cute tiny composition book that Ari is dying to write in. It was all packaged so beautifully that it was almost sad to take the stuff out!

In other news, we were outbid on the house we put an offer in on. We are sad, but we didn't want to pay more than we offered, so it worked out. Back to looking!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2008, 07:57 PM

Happy birthday Noah and (early) Abby!
Old 04-18-2008, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krismarie View Post
Hi Debstmomy! and Happy Birthday Abby!!

Can i get a lesson in caring for wool from all of you wool-lovers out there??? :
Anytime!
What do you want to know ?
Old 04-18-2008, 11:04 PM

Happy birthday Noah and Abby!

And hurray for gifts, Maximom really went all out for you, sounds like a fabulous gift!!
Old 04-18-2008, 11:14 PM

Noah and Abby, Happy Birthdays! It still doesn't feel like a whole year.

Nice work on the gift MaxiMom. It sounds just lovely

Tomorrow is National Hanging Out Day I went and got some clothesline and pins and hooked it up so I'm all set. Ion and I spent several hours doing yardwork today so maybe tomorrow we'll just play. I learned today that we must find a carrier that is more lightweight and not black, poor guy was drenched with sweat on my back for his nap. We got some sand for the sandbox and Gaea's been eager to get out on her harness.
Old 04-18-2008, 11:19 PM

doudat, I just looked at your blog :
and I love Liam's robot shirt
Old 04-18-2008, 11:21 PM

Happy birthday Noah and Abby!

And hurray for gifts, Maximom really went all out for you, sounds like a fabulous gift!!
Old 04-18-2008, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanno View Post
doudat, I just looked at your blog :
and I love Liam's robot shirt
You're so sweet :
The shirt is from H&M
Old 04-18-2008, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Hi Debstmomy! and Happy Birthday Abby!!

Can i get a lesson in caring for wool from all of you wool-lovers out there??? :
What do you need to know, wool is super easy which is nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arismomkoofie View Post

In other news, we were outbid on the house we put an offer in on. We are sad, but we didn't want to pay more than we offered, so it worked out. Back to looking!
Sorry you didn't get the house. Would have been neat to have you living right up the street, hopefully you'll find something great soon.

We went to the lake this afternoon and I remembered to take the camera so there are a bunch of pictures of Desmond at Lake Elkhorn up at my blog now, along with a few from the other night when he got stuck in his Duplo box.

Oh and Happy Birthday Abby!

Sarah nak.gif married to DH Dan (August 2001) dh_malesling.GIF and Mommy to DS Desmond (April 2007) pinktongue.gif, DD Eloise (March 2009) hearts.gif and Sullivan (March 29, 2011) babyboy.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.giflactivist.gifcd.giffamilybed2.gif
Old 04-19-2008, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabrizia View Post
Sorry you didn't get the house. Would have been neat to have you living right up the street, hopefully you'll find something great soon.

We went to the lake this afternoon and I remembered to take the camera so there are a bunch of pictures of Desmond at Lake Elkhorn up at my blog now, along with a few from the other night when he got stuck in his Duplo box.
I'm sad about not getting it too. I was looking forward to having you nearby! I'd also like to get settled and not live with mom

I love the duplo box pictures! I'd do the same thing in your situation.
Old 04-19-2008, 12:17 AM

Hug your babies extra tight tonight.

Maddie's Kindergarten teacher passed away last night from stomach cancer. She'd been in hospice for only a few weeks and had slowly been slipping away. I can't imagine what her husband, mother, sister, and the rest are feeling right now. She also has a 2 yr old daughter. Please a little prayer for all of them as they struggle with the why's and how's of the moment.

It's a good thing we talked to Maddie before school and I dropped her off rather than letting her ride the bus. As soon as we entered the classroom, one of the other little girls blurted "Mrs. O died." Very nice. Maddie's teacher quickly distracted that other girl. And then took me aside to ask if Maddie knew. I said yes. She and I know that Maddie is "emotional" so I told her that if it wasn't going well with Maddie to call and her dad would pick her up. He did end up picking her up before lunch. There are two other girls in the class that had the same teacher and apparently all 3 were crying as well as some of the other kids. It was so sad to be at school today. You could see all of the teachers having tears in their eyes.

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
Old 04-19-2008, 03:01 AM

Quote:
Maximom! Thank you SO much! We love our gifts!!! Ari saw the box and was so upset when I told her it was for Abby, so she was overjoyed to see the bubbles were for her! She has already blown a few on our porch... Abby most lovd the tissue paper. I have a few pictures, but DH's computer isn't working, and he has the card slot, so I'll have to wait to post them. We got a cute outfit for Abby, with matching babylegs - we really needed some as she is still crawling and as it gets warmer I want something to cover her legs that she won't pull off. We also got some yummy-looking apple butter, yummy smelling soap, and seeds that Ari is already asking to plant. I think we will stop by mom's next weekend and get some pots. We got a cute tiny composition book that Ari is dying to write in. It was all packaged so beautifully that it was almost sad to take the stuff out!

Yay! You're welcome! So glad you liked it! I was anxious about it after you posted about a package waiting.

Well, you'll find something better suited for you and your family - the right house will come along.

Quote:
Noah and Abby, Happy Birthdays! It still doesn't feel like a whole year.

Nice work on the gift MaxiMom. It sounds just lovely

Tomorrow is National Hanging Out Day I went and got some clothesline and pins and hooked it up so I'm all set. Ion and I spent several hours doing yardwork today so maybe tomorrow we'll just play. I learned today that we must find a carrier that is more lightweight and not black, poor guy was drenched with sweat on my back for his nap. We got some sand for the sandbox and Gaea's been eager to get out on her harness.
Aw shucks, thanks. Sounds like a lovely day - heard you had some nice weather in Michigan today, hooray!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclisa View Post

Maddie's Kindergarten teacher passed away last night from stomach cancer. She'd been in hospice for only a few weeks and had slowly been slipping away. I can't imagine what her husband, mother, sister, and the rest are feeling right now. She also has a 2 yr old daughter. Please a little prayer for all of them as they struggle with the why's and how's of the moment.

It's a good thing we talked to Maddie before school and I dropped her off rather than letting her ride the bus. As soon as we entered the classroom, one of the other little girls blurted "Mrs. O died." Very nice. Maddie's teacher quickly distracted that other girl. And then took me aside to ask if Maddie knew. I said yes. She and I know that Maddie is "emotional" so I told her that if it wasn't going well with Maddie to call and her dad would pick her up. He did end up picking her up before lunch. There are two other girls in the class that had the same teacher and apparently all 3 were crying as well as some of the other kids. It was so sad to be at school today. You could see all of the teachers having tears in their eyes.

Happy Birthday, Abby!! Post some pics, debstmomy!
Old 04-19-2008, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doudat View Post
Anytime!
What do you want to know ?
washing? do you have something in particular you use?

Quote:

cool! thanks for sharing. good for you to hang up some line!
i've actually been hanging out laundry more than usual this week. (off to a better start than last summer ). kaylo took in all the laundry BY HIMSELF on thursday. it was pretty cute b/c he is tiny and had to stand on a chair (that he brought out himself) and took in many mini-loads. but he loved it. i think laundry will be much easier now!

Quote:

you're so good at keeping up with posting pictures! he is so adorable... i'd love to meet him in person someday.

Quote:
so sorry! but i'm glad that you had a limit and feel ok about it. the right place will come!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclisa View Post

to you all and i'll be praying for her family and friends. I just hate hearing about mamas with little ones dying...

mama  to 3 farmboys (, & ) and 1 farmgirl ()
Old 04-19-2008, 09:39 AM

maximom--nice new siggy!

Old 04-19-2008, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxiMom View Post
Yay! You're welcome! So glad you liked it! I was anxious about it after you posted about a package waiting.
The dorky mailman didn't leave the package and wouldn't redeliver so I had to wait for DH to have an appointment-free day so he could pick it up. It was worth the wait
Old 04-19-2008, 12:22 PM

xiola--just looked at your pictures! love the ones with kerri and kaia! and great pantry dyeing... how did you "set" those?

Old 04-19-2008, 12:32 PM

Quote:
xiola--just looked at your pictures! love the ones with kerri and kaia! and great pantry dyeing... how did you "set" those?
I used some sea salt in the water. They've been washed several times in hot and only the orange ones faded. Not too much either. I just dipped them for a minute so I would let them soak and possibly use alum.

And thanks.
Old 04-19-2008, 12:34 PM

you all need to have this song in your heads too
Old 04-19-2008, 12:49 PM

Quote:

Old 04-19-2008, 01:07 PM

Quote:
washing? do you have something in particular you use?
We use wool wash from Northern Essence, but we've also used Sudz N Dudz wool wash. We put a bit of the wool wash into a container (some people just use the sink) and then a drop of lanolin (I use leftover Lansinoh). I fill about half full with really hot water and then let everything dissolve and add warm water so the water is warm when I put in the wool to wash it. If I need to clean the wool first (because it has poop on it etc) I use a wool wash bar by Sudz N Dudz and warm water and then soak it using the above mixture. I always leave it to soak for at least half an hour, but have forgotten the wool and it has soaked for 2 or 3 hours before with no problems. When I take it out I roll it and press out water and then roll it in a towel and press hard to get out as much as I can. Then I hang it to dry and it is normally dry in about 24 hours.

Sarah nak.gif married to DH Dan (August 2001) dh_malesling.GIF and Mommy to DS Desmond (April 2007) pinktongue.gif, DD Eloise (March 2009) hearts.gif and Sullivan (March 29, 2011) babyboy.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.giflactivist.gifcd.giffamilybed2.gif
Old 04-19-2008, 01:45 PM

Quote:
We use wool wash from Northern Essence, but we've also used Sudz N Dudz wool wash. We put a bit of the wool wash into a container (some people just use the sink) and then a drop of lanolin (I use leftover Lansinoh). I fill about half full with really hot water and then let everything dissolve and add warm water so the water is warm when I put in the wool to wash it. If I need to clean the wool first (because it has poop on it etc) I use a wool wash bar by Sudz N Dudz and warm water and then soak it using the above mixture. I always leave it to soak for at least half an hour, but have forgotten the wool and it has soaked for 2 or 3 hours before with no problems. When I take it out I roll it and press out water and then roll it in a towel and press hard to get out as much as I can. Then I hang it to dry and it is normally dry in about 24 hours.
thanks!

Old 04-19-2008, 03:21 PM

Ronan's birthday isn't until Monday, but we're having his party today at 4pm. I still need to frost the cake and make the chocolate tart and jello shots. The cornbread will go in the oven around 4:30.

Right now is naptime. This is enforced downtime for me, as Ronan only sleeps with/on me. That's okay, I need the break.

We're having (all soy-free and gluten-free):
spice cake with cream cheese frosting
french bittersweet chocolate tart (pudding pie)
white chili
sweet potato salad
quinoa salad
hummus & veggies & tortilla chips
olives & cheese

My MiL and mom went with DH to his voice lesson. My BiL and FiL went to a sports bar to watch the hockey game. My dad is in my den, resting. The poodle-dog is near the bed, waiting for something to happen.

I might try to sneak away and make the jello shots. Would that be horrid of me?

I can't believe my wee baby is almost a whole year old! It's crazy!

Happy Birthday to all of our babies!

Chasing DS since April 2007 and pumping for DD March 2013.

Old 04-19-2008, 03:25 PM

Quote:
maximom--nice new siggy!
Quote:
Thanks! My name will be potato all day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocelyndale View Post
Ronan's birthday isn't until Monday, but we're having his party today at 4pm. I still need to frost the cake and make the chocolate tart and jello shots. The cornbread will go in the oven around 4:30.

Right now is naptime. This is enforced downtime for me, as Ronan only sleeps with/on me. That's okay, I need the break.

white chili
sweet potato salad
quinoa salad
olives & cheese

My MiL and mom went with DH to his voice lesson. My BiL and FiL went to a sports bar to watch the hockey game. My dad is in my den, resting. The poodle-dog is near the bed, waiting for something to happen.

Sounds great, 4:00pm you said?
Old 04-19-2008, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocelyndale View Post

white chili
sweet potato salad
quinoa salad
olives & cheese

oh yummy! sounds deluxe!
and no! make jello shots

Old 04-19-2008, 03:50 PM

BTW, what happened to spring? we went from cold cold to july-like weather!? . i'm missing spring.

Old 04-19-2008, 04:17 PM

Happy birthday to all the April babies!

My little guy turned one on Wednesday. So bittersweet! We had a lovely day. I wrote about it and posted pictures in my blog (link in siggy) if anyone would like to read about it. I know he's still my baby and he's only a few days older than he was at the beginning of the week, but suddenly he looks so big and grown up to me!

And I have to say, I think my baby fever has reached new levels of obsession lately. I was ready for another one practically as soon as my little guy was out, lol, but in the past couple weeks I have had 3 dreams of being pregnant, 1 dream of my dad being pregnant (that was disturbing), 1 dream of AF finally returning, and 1 horrible dream of DH saying that he didn't want me to get pregnant again after all.

I am so ready!!!

(But, of course, I am loving my time with DS in the meantime. I know I'll miss being able to give him this much one-on-one attention. He's such an amazing little boy!)

Cynthia, loving my husband Isaac, my silly boy Jacob (Apr 07), my sweet little Luke (Dec 09), and my darling Lily (Aug 12)

Old 04-19-2008, 06:33 PM

Happy Birthday to Jacob, Abby and Ronan!! (and all the sweet April babies! I know I'm going to lose track )

Quote:
BTW, what happened to spring? we went from cold cold to july-like weather!? . i'm missing spring.
Not me, I couldn't be happier out in a tank top, my kids are filthy from playing in the dirt (and eating it in Arlo's case) and catching bugs. Finn is all about bugs this year, and we even saw a snake this morning. And Arlo is having a blast crawling around, he is a bundle of energy now that he's feeling well again and the weather is nice. I'm dreading the inevitable colder days that are still to come and even the possibility of more snow:.
Well, must get back to knitting more shorties, since Arlos doesnt have any warm weather clothes (we purged most of Finn's old clothes when we moved out west...and then back again) I did order a dress for Arlo much to Trent's dismay, hehe. It's more like a tunic though, so whatev! And she's a local mama, so I'm happy to support her.

A

Mama to Finn (04/05) Arlo (04/07) and Henry (04/10)
Old 04-19-2008, 06:36 PM

And, I just bought a dishwasher today! I'm having some buyer's remorse, but I am very excited....my kitchen is really tiny with no counter space, so if there is even two dirty plates around, there is nowhere to cook. At least, that's how I'm justifying it!

Old 04-19-2008, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finn'smama View Post
I did order a dress for Arlo much to Trent's dismay, hehe. It's more like a tunic though, so whatev! And she's a local mama, so I'm happy to support her.

A
You did NOT just show me a hand made gender neutral hemp dress. You're the one getting in trouble for this one!
Old 04-19-2008, 07:06 PM

Quote:
You did NOT just show me a hand made gender neutral hemp dress. You're the one getting in trouble for this one!
Sorry!

eta-I knew you'd love it

edited again-we're getting blue, what are you going for??

User Tag List