APRIL 2007 Mamas its APRIL ALREADY!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABIES!!! - Page 13 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
#361 of 531 Old 04-20-2008, 02:34 AM
 
MaxiMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: SW Michigan
Posts: 996
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Dang it, I'm too far away for before bed chat. My dh would love to have a utilikilt. I think I'd love it, too.

A dishwasher is a beautiful thing - ours didn't work when we moved in, then our friend salvaged one for us for $25! It's great, but somehow my sink still gets full of dishes! And there is a certain zen to washing the dishes, all the warm soapy water.

Can I just tell you all what a great appetite my 4 year old has, now that I've stopped giving him milk? Amazing. He's practically a different boy!

I'm goofy tonight, tomorrow is my birthday - 39 years old, holy cow. My lovely parents tell me I still look like a teenager. It will also be 4:20 tomorrow :

finn'smama - your boys are so cute!
MaxiMom is offline  
#362 of 531 Old 04-20-2008, 02:39 AM
 
MaxiMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: SW Michigan
Posts: 996
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I like this one for a boy, too. Has a certain samurai warrior look to it
MaxiMom is offline  
#363 of 531 Old 04-20-2008, 04:23 AM
 
ShyDaisi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Choo-Choo Town, TN
Posts: 1,295
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by krismarie View Post
Hi Debstmomy! and Happy Birthday Abby!!


Can i get a lesson in caring for wool from all of you wool-lovers out there??? :
I know that I am several pages behind, but better late than never, right? I bought my first pair of longies cheap, cheap, cheap on diaperswappers a couple of weeks ago. I came across this thread. It has a pictorial in post #30 which I loved, because I am definitely a visual/hands on learner...Hope it helps!!

Rebekah , single working mom to Micah (04.12.2007)
ShyDaisi is offline  
#364 of 531 Old 04-20-2008, 09:05 AM
 
finn'smama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: home...
Posts: 2,198
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxiMom View Post
I like this one for a boy, too. Has a certain samurai warrior look to it
Oh that is really cute...and on sale!:

Happy birthday tomorrow MaxiMom!!:

My wool care regime is really simple (I am a slacker after all!). For lanolizing I just dissolve a bit of lanolin (the same kind I used on my nipples) in hot water and add it to a vessel of cool water and a bit of Eucalan Wool Wash and soak the item for a bit, squeeze it out and lay flat to dry. I don't lanolize every time I wash and I only wash when item gets stinky or poop on it. For washing I just put some luke warm water in the sink and some Eucalan and let it soak until I remember I have things soaking in the sink. Easy peasy

A

Mama to Finn (04/05) Arlo (04/07) and Henry (04/10)
finn'smama is offline  
#365 of 531 Old 04-20-2008, 09:24 AM
 
4lilfarmers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: vermont
Posts: 2,914
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxiMom View Post
Dang it, I'm too far away for before bed chat. My dh would love to have a utilikilt. I think I'd love it, too.

A dishwasher is a beautiful thing - ours didn't work when we moved in, then our friend salvaged one for us for $25! It's great, but somehow my sink still gets full of dishes! And there is a certain zen to washing the dishes, all the warm soapy water.

Can I just tell you all what a great appetite my 4 year old has, now that I've stopped giving him milk? Amazing. He's practically a different boy!

I'm goofy tonight, tomorrow is my birthday - 39 years old, holy cow. My lovely parents tell me I still look like a teenager. It will also be 4:20 tomorrow :

finn'smama - your boys are so cute!
Happy Birthday!

a 4/20 birthday--woohoo! you don't look 39 at all! we don't really celebrate 4/20 around here anymore...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxiMom View Post
I like this one for a boy, too. Has a certain samurai warrior look to it
cute! nice website.

Quote:
Originally Posted by finn'smama View Post
Oh that is really cute...and on sale!:

Happy birthday tomorrow MaxiMom!!:

My wool care regime is really simple (I am a slacker after all!). For lanolizing I just dissolve a bit of lanolin (the same kind I used on my nipples) in hot water and add it to a vessel of cool water and a bit of Eucalan Wool Wash and soak the item for a bit, squeeze it out and lay flat to dry. I don't lanolize every time I wash and I only wash when item gets stinky or poop on it. For washing I just put some luke warm water in the sink and some Eucalan and let it soak until I remember I have things soaking in the sink. Easy peasy

A
i'm a slacker diaperer also. i love giving people my tutorial about cloth b/c i don't do anything they were "told" to do. but that sounds nice and easy! hey, i was thinkin though--you say you're a slacker but aren't you doing FAMILY CLOTH?? that doesn't seem slackerish to me at all!

mama  to 3 farmboys (, & ) and 1 farmgirl ()
4lilfarmers is offline  
#366 of 531 Old 04-20-2008, 09:25 AM
 
Queen of my Castle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Muskoka, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,741
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey guys- I am around! I've had such a busy week I'm totally pooped. I've been in bed by 10 the last 2 nights!

Quote:
Originally Posted by finn'smama View Post
Not me, I couldn't be happier out in a tank top, my kids are filthy from playing in the dirt (and eating it in Arlo's case) and catching bugs. Finn is all about bugs this year, and we even saw a snake this morning. And Arlo is having a blast crawling around, he is a bundle of energy now that he's feeling well again and the weather is nice. I'm dreading the inevitable colder days that are still to come and even the possibility of more snow:.

A
This is us too! the kids get so dirty! We don't have grass yet, so the dirt is it- Axel's on a worm-love so far, he finds grubs and earthworms and caterpillars and carrys them around, takes them for walks... However the heat has made us sooo tired. Even Axel will just go outside and sit down. I would like some in-between spring too. We're a bit shell-shocked I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanno View Post
Oddly, when I look at your siggy pic of your dh, I think of a man who wears a sarong. Ok, I imagine doudat's in a utili-kilt, krismarie's would wear a traditional kilt and Ion's more the tunic type (I just bought that one ). My own hubby is too shy and simply crushes on skirted men
Maybe I've spent too long in the sun...
aha! What would my husband wear? Ohm the utili-kilt, but I wish it was the sarong!

Quote:
Originally Posted by krismarie View Post
if only they knew it's not constant harassing for sex, leaving the house a mess and not listening to me that turns me on... it's big beards and sarongs!
: That's so funny and soooo true!!

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 
Queen of my Castle is offline  
#367 of 531 Old 04-20-2008, 10:03 AM
 
jocelyndale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Charlottesville, VA
Posts: 3,565
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The jello shots were a resounding success. I used mango-black pepper vodka in them. Yum.

And oh, goodness, the chocolate tart was amazing. I used a GF crust from the Whole Foods Gluten-Free Bakehouse and a couple bars of Hachez 77% cacao. I topped it with about an inch of freshly whipped cream. It was heavenly and my husband was thrilled (not a sugar person).

Ronan liked the quinoa and sweet potatoes. He filled up on those and didn't want chili. He turned down his cake and dove for my boobs. And I gave him a bite of the tart, but it was too strong/rich for him and he spit it out. He ate some watermelon, but was pretty much just on the boob.

My mom and MiL did all the dishes. They're awesome. At some point, I'm going to have to crawl out of bed and put them away, but it's very peaceful in here right now--DH and DS are sound asleep

Anyhow, the party was a success, despite the lack of kilts and sarongs.

Chasing DS since April 2007 and pumping for DD March 2013.

jocelyndale is offline  
#368 of 531 Old 04-20-2008, 10:26 AM
 
tabrizia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Maryland/DC Metro
Posts: 1,158
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonTana Mama View Post
Cute Potato! i can think of lots of 3 y o's that would love it too! My friend's water just broke! It took me back to just a year ago...I actually went to the April 08 DDC and snooped around. I have to admit it made me feel that old yearning. Hey, who is expecting from our DDC?

I really have to apologize about not getting my package of gifts mailed yet...how terrible am I?!? SORRY!!!
No one seems to be pregnant yet, but I think I may end up being the first, since we're stopping preventing after my next period. Which likely means I'll be pregnant by the end of next month, or June.

Quote:
Originally Posted by finn'smama View Post
Here's a few pics from Arlo's birthday...
1.Finn demonstrating how Arlo's new toy works
2.Finn demonstrating how to blow out birthday candles
3.Hmmmm, this cake is a bit dry....
4.!
Very cute pictures, it looks like everyone had fun!


Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateSerj View Post
lmao i put them off forever!! when we moved in there was an ancient portable one taking up most of the space in the kitchen, we got rid of it... never replaced it because if its there, there isn't a place for the table! lol
We have a dishwasher and I still put off dishes forever. Though to be fair, DH is really in charge of the kitchen so he will put them in the dishwasher once every day or two and run it, he is so great.


Quote:
Originally Posted by MonTana Mama View Post
BTW Desmond is TOOOOOO CUUUTTTEEE!!!
Thanks, I have more pictures to post from yesterday at my in-laws. I have been on a picture taking kick the past few days. Now I just need to get back into a scrapbooking mood since I have a couple of pages I need to finish for his first year scrapbook and a Disney album to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateSerj View Post
don't kick me off of mothering...we use a lot of paper plates! i figure using cloth diapers makes up for our paper plate waste... at least thats what i tell myself!
We use paper plates when we have guests, it is just so much easier when you can throw them out, makes cleanup so much nicer.


Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxiMom View Post
Dang it, I'm too far away for before bed chat. My dh would love to have a utilikilt. I think I'd love it, too.

A dishwasher is a beautiful thing - ours didn't work when we moved in, then our friend salvaged one for us for $25! It's great, but somehow my sink still gets full of dishes! And there is a certain zen to washing the dishes, all the warm soapy water.

Can I just tell you all what a great appetite my 4 year old has, now that I've stopped giving him milk? Amazing. He's practically a different boy!

I'm goofy tonight, tomorrow is my birthday - 39 years old, holy cow. My lovely parents tell me I still look like a teenager. It will also be 4:20 tomorrow :

finn'smama - your boys are so cute!
Happy Birthday! Hope you have a great day! :

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocelyndale View Post
The jello shots were a resounding success. I used mango-black pepper vodka in them. Yum.

And oh, goodness, the chocolate tart was amazing. I used a GF crust from the Whole Foods Gluten-Free Bakehouse and a couple bars of Hachez 77% cacao. I topped it with about an inch of freshly whipped cream. It was heavenly and my husband was thrilled (not a sugar person).

Ronan liked the quinoa and sweet potatoes. He filled up on those and didn't want chili. He turned down his cake and dove for my boobs. And I gave him a bite of the tart, but it was too strong/rich for him and he spit it out. He ate some watermelon, but was pretty much just on the boob.

My mom and MiL did all the dishes. They're awesome. At some point, I'm going to have to crawl out of bed and put them away, but it's very peaceful in here right now--DH and DS are sound asleep

Anyhow, the party was a success, despite the lack of kilts and sarongs.
Glad the party went well, the jello shots sound yummy as does the tart.

And I know the feeling of peace, Desmond slept for 7 hours straight after not going to bed till 1am last night! And he is back asleep again. DH is up and doing stuff downstairs, but it is so peaceful in bed I'm not planning to move for another hour or so.



My Mom arrives this evening for the night, she has a meeting tomorrow in Delaware so she is flying into BWI to spend the night here and play with the baby before driving up there tomorrow. It will be nice to see her again, even if it has been only 2 weeks since we last saw her, I like seeing my Mom.

Oh my brother is apparently moving to Maryland with his girlfriend when they graduate, which will be nice, she got a job in the area, he hasn't found anything yet, but is hopeful for finding something in the DC/Baltimore area. This means I will have two sets of free baby sitters (my in-laws and my brother and his girlfriend) which is nice if we ever went out alone.

Sarah nak.gif married to DH Dan (August 2001) dh_malesling.GIF and Mommy to DS Desmond (April 2007) pinktongue.gif, DD Eloise (March 2009) hearts.gif and Sullivan (March 29, 2011) babyboy.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.giflactivist.gifcd.giffamilybed2.gif
tabrizia is offline  
#369 of 531 Old 04-20-2008, 12:40 PM
 
koofie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 2,455
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Happy Birthday MaxiMom!!!

You guys are too much! I followed along the conversation last night, but couldn't think of anything I'd like to see DH in besides a pair of jeans - I love it when he wears them, he looks HOT
koofie is offline  
#370 of 531 Old 04-20-2008, 02:33 PM
 
mclisa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: loving my scrapbooks!
Posts: 5,792
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by finn'smama View Post
Here's a few pics from Arlo's birthday...
1.Finn demonstrating how Arlo's new toy works
2.Finn demonstrating how to blow out birthday candles
3.Hmmmm, this cake is a bit dry....
4.!
Looks like Arlo had a good time celebrating!

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
mclisa is offline  
#371 of 531 Old 04-20-2008, 04:37 PM
 
MaxiMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: SW Michigan
Posts: 996
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
: Ronan!
MaxiMom is offline  
#372 of 531 Old 04-20-2008, 04:48 PM
 
hanno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Lansing, MI
Posts: 4,446
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Naomi

(birthday yesterday)
hanno is offline  
#373 of 531 Old 04-20-2008, 05:02 PM
 
4lilfarmers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: vermont
Posts: 2,914
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanno View Post

Naomi

(birthday yesterday)

mama  to 3 farmboys (, & ) and 1 farmgirl ()
4lilfarmers is offline  
#374 of 531 Old 04-20-2008, 05:02 PM
 
4lilfarmers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: vermont
Posts: 2,914
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
happy birthday ronan!

mama  to 3 farmboys (, & ) and 1 farmgirl ()
4lilfarmers is offline  
#375 of 531 Old 04-20-2008, 05:46 PM
 
koofie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 2,455
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Happy Birthday Ronan!:




Happy Belated Birthday Naomi
koofie is offline  
#376 of 531 Old 04-20-2008, 06:30 PM
 
MonTana Mama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: MT
Posts: 856
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Happy Birthday!

Any thoughts on your favorite Mei-tais? Babyhawk or Toddlerhawk? This would be for my friend's baby girl born today!!! At 7 am.
MonTana Mama is offline  
#377 of 531 Old 04-20-2008, 06:31 PM
 
MonTana Mama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: MT
Posts: 856
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Get a load of this...

http://evil-klown.blogspot.com/2008/...bar-stool.html

BTW-I don't know whose Blog it is or what it is about...just googled for the pic.
MonTana Mama is offline  
#378 of 531 Old 04-20-2008, 07:25 PM
 
MaxiMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: SW Michigan
Posts: 996
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonTana Mama View Post
Get a load of this...

http://evil-klown.blogspot.com/2008/...bar-stool.html

BTW-I don't know whose Blog it is or what it is about...just googled for the pic.
, saving this for dh to see!
MaxiMom is offline  
#379 of 531 Old 04-20-2008, 07:38 PM
 
tabrizia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Maryland/DC Metro
Posts: 1,158
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonTana Mama View Post
Happy Birthday!

Any thoughts on your favorite Mei-tais? Babyhawk or Toddlerhawk? This would be for my friend's baby girl born today!!! At 7 am.
We love our babyhawk xt (basically the a babyhawk with the toddlerhawk body). That being said for a newborn I would go with an Eden Velveteen Mei Tai, I love mine and it would have been so snuggly if I had it when Desmond was a newborn.

Sarah nak.gif married to DH Dan (August 2001) dh_malesling.GIF and Mommy to DS Desmond (April 2007) pinktongue.gif, DD Eloise (March 2009) hearts.gif and Sullivan (March 29, 2011) babyboy.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.giflactivist.gifcd.giffamilybed2.gif
tabrizia is offline  
#380 of 531 Old 04-20-2008, 09:10 PM
 
finn'smama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: home...
Posts: 2,198
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Naomi

Naiya (April 13)

Mama to Finn (04/05) Arlo (04/07) and Henry (04/10)
finn'smama is offline  
#381 of 531 Old 04-20-2008, 09:19 PM
 
finn'smama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: home...
Posts: 2,198
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by krismarie View Post
Happy Birthday!

a 4/20 birthday--woohoo! you don't look 39 at all! we don't really celebrate 4/20 around here anymore...



cute! nice website.



i'm a slacker diaperer also. i love giving people my tutorial about cloth b/c i don't do anything they were "told" to do. but that sounds nice and easy! hey, i was thinkin though--you say you're a slacker but aren't you doing FAMILY CLOTH?? that doesn't seem slackerish to me at all!
Ha! Well, we tried FC, but since i'm such a slacker the laundry never gets put away! Not fun to use the washroom only to realize you have to go to the laundry room and rummage through baskets of clean dipes just for something to wipe your bottom! So it kinda fizzled out...:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jocelyndale View Post
The jello shots were a resounding success. I used mango-black pepper vodka in them. Yum.

And oh, goodness, the chocolate tart was amazing. I used a GF crust from the Whole Foods Gluten-Free Bakehouse and a couple bars of Hachez 77% cacao. I topped it with about an inch of freshly whipped cream. It was heavenly and my husband was thrilled (not a sugar person).

Ronan liked the quinoa and sweet potatoes. He filled up on those and didn't want chili. He turned down his cake and dove for my boobs. And I gave him a bite of the tart, but it was too strong/rich for him and he spit it out. He ate some watermelon, but was pretty much just on the boob.

My mom and MiL did all the dishes. They're awesome. At some point, I'm going to have to crawl out of bed and put them away, but it's very peaceful in here right now--DH and DS are sound asleep

Anyhow, the party was a success, despite the lack of kilts and sarongs.
Sounds like it was a wonderful time...and that food sounds YUMMY:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonTana Mama View Post
Get a load of this...

http://evil-klown.blogspot.com/2008/...bar-stool.html

BTW-I don't know whose Blog it is or what it is about...just googled for the pic.
:

Mama to Finn (04/05) Arlo (04/07) and Henry (04/10)
finn'smama is offline  
#382 of 531 Old 04-20-2008, 10:59 PM
 
Queen of my Castle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Muskoka, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,741
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonTana Mama View Post
Happy Birthday!

Any thoughts on your favorite Mei-tais? Babyhawk or Toddlerhawk? This would be for my friend's baby girl born today!!! At 7 am.
I love my Babyhawk- it's awesome, but I wouldn't recommend it for a brand-newborn- actually, I had a 4 week old in it and it was ok. I'd say a diy wrap and a babyhawk- perfect!

That stool is gross and funny!

So who elses baby is nearly impossible to change?! I'm having a crazy frusterating time, both her and me. She's STRONG and will not lay down or stay down- those darn snaps are tough! It's getting old real fast.

She's been rubbing both ears but I hope it's just another tooth coming in.
My person got her gift! But she hasn't been on because her comp is down- it's Nani and I sent her a cute pair of whale-embroidered shorties.

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 
Queen of my Castle is offline  
#383 of 531 Old 04-20-2008, 11:04 PM
 
Queen of my Castle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Muskoka, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,741
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
also- wcw is stocking again on tuesday- I love that dress and soaker set with the flowers. I'm going to try!
http://hyenacart.com/prod_details.php?id=22960&vid=966

tabriza- I just wanted to share my ttc experience- with Axel we got pregnant the second month I went off the pill, and with Evangeline I got pregnant after 8 months of trying, and I wasn't even nursing. Are you charting? It might be helpful if you aren't because nursing can suppress ovulation or make you dry even if you get regular periods. (I had had my period regularly for a whole year before conceiving). I totally excpected to get pregnant right away- and was very frusterated and dissapointed I didn't! Once I started charting I figured it out!

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 
Queen of my Castle is offline  
#384 of 531 Old 04-20-2008, 11:43 PM
 
tabrizia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Maryland/DC Metro
Posts: 1,158
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of my Castle View Post
I love my Babyhawk- it's awesome, but I wouldn't recommend it for a brand-newborn- actually, I had a 4 week old in it and it was ok. I'd say a diy wrap and a babyhawk- perfect!

That stool is gross and funny!

So who elses baby is nearly impossible to change?! I'm having a crazy frusterating time, both her and me. She's STRONG and will not lay down or stay down- those darn snaps are tough! It's getting old real fast.

She's been rubbing both ears but I hope it's just another tooth coming in.
My person got her gift! But she hasn't been on because her comp is down- it's Nani and I sent her a cute pair of whale-embroidered shorties.
I actually change Desmond while he is sitting on my lap, it makes it so much easier, then him crawling and walking away. For a poop diaper I keep my leg across his chest to hold him down and work fast. Otherwise I end up with a half closed diapered little boy wandering across the house.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of my Castle View Post
also- wcw is stocking again on tuesday- I love that dress and soaker set with the flowers. I'm going to try!
http://hyenacart.com/prod_details.php?id=22960&vid=966

tabriza- I just wanted to share my ttc experience- with Axel we got pregnant the second month I went off the pill, and with Evangeline I got pregnant after 8 months of trying, and I wasn't even nursing. Are you charting? It might be helpful if you aren't because nursing can suppress ovulation or make you dry even if you get regular periods. (I had had my period regularly for a whole year before conceiving). I totally excpected to get pregnant right away- and was very frusterated and dissapointed I didn't! Once I started charting I figured it out!
I am looking at the tree shirt and shorties, I need to get Desmond two or so pairs of shorties still for summer (plus I have a custom slot from Sweet Tea Soakers, but she has slowed down due to pregnancy so I may end up making them longies by the time she gets to me).

I am not charting, but I am having regular periods and keeping track of CM and when it is occurring, it is possible I am not ovulating, but I think I am. Also, it isn't a huge deal if it takes awhile, we are not going to actively TTC till April 2009, we are just going to stop preventing next month and if anything happens by November then yay, if not we'll take a break till April (we really don't want an end of the year baby if it can be avoided).

Sarah nak.gif married to DH Dan (August 2001) dh_malesling.GIF and Mommy to DS Desmond (April 2007) pinktongue.gif, DD Eloise (March 2009) hearts.gif and Sullivan (March 29, 2011) babyboy.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.giflactivist.gifcd.giffamilybed2.gif
tabrizia is offline  
#385 of 531 Old 04-21-2008, 01:38 AM
 
MaxiMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: SW Michigan
Posts: 996
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of my Castle View Post
So who elses baby is nearly impossible to change?! I'm having a crazy frusterating time, both her and me. She's STRONG and will not lay down or stay down- those darn snaps are tough! It's getting old real fast.
Mine! Scarlet squirms away with poop on her butt and me like a banshee behind her. : Sometimes I can swing the lap change, but she squirms just as much. And she takes off the velcro covers now. Maybe I'm ready for more wool, too.
MaxiMom is offline  
#386 of 531 Old 04-21-2008, 02:19 AM
 
tabrizia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Maryland/DC Metro
Posts: 1,158
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxiMom View Post
Mine! Scarlet squirms away with poop on her butt and me like a banshee behind her. : Sometimes I can swing the lap change, but she squirms just as much. And she takes off the velcro covers now. Maybe I'm ready for more wool, too.

We don't use covers at home, Desmond is just in a fitted. When we go out we normally use AIOs now because it is easier then trying to get him to stay still for putting on a fitted and cover. We will use shorties and longies too when going out, if I don't care what pants he is wearing (some outfits have special pants) since they are so easy to pull on. I'm half tempted to get a couple of pull on soakers for him too, since putting on covers that snap (we can't do velcro he takes them off just like Scarlet) takes so much time we don't have.

Sarah nak.gif married to DH Dan (August 2001) dh_malesling.GIF and Mommy to DS Desmond (April 2007) pinktongue.gif, DD Eloise (March 2009) hearts.gif and Sullivan (March 29, 2011) babyboy.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.giflactivist.gifcd.giffamilybed2.gif
tabrizia is offline  
#387 of 531 Old 04-21-2008, 09:07 AM
 
mclisa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: loving my scrapbooks!
Posts: 5,792
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Wish us luck!

As soon as I can convince DH to take a shower and hop in the car (I'm bribing him with Starbucks caffeine) we are taking off to the Omaha zoo. We haven't been there since March of last year. This is Sophia's biggest car trip. Wish us luck!

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
mclisa is offline  
#388 of 531 Old 04-21-2008, 09:30 AM - Thread Starter
 
UltimateSerj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Hagerstown, MD
Posts: 1,524
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mclisa View Post
Wish us luck!

As soon as I can convince DH to take a shower and hop in the car (I'm bribing him with Starbucks caffeine) we are taking off to the Omaha zoo. We haven't been there since March of last year. This is Sophia's biggest car trip. Wish us luck!
Have fun!!!


diaper changing... has been a struggle for months with Caroline, its not because she squirms its because she wants to scratch herself as soon as you take off the diaper! like tear at it, she makes her self bleed! so i have to hold her arms and feet and clean off poop.... before she gets free and grabs it all making a mess of poop and hurting herself!! i dislike changing diapers very much, AND i can't let her go naked! cause she will tear at herself then too!! i am sad i love naked babies!! oh and she has to wear pants to or she pulls at her thighs!! i think its because of her eczema...

Susan, Mom to 4- Elizabeth 12, Hailey 9, Sammy 7, Caroline 3
UltimateSerj is offline  
#389 of 531 Old 04-21-2008, 10:33 AM
 
4lilfarmers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: vermont
Posts: 2,914
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
bad part of hanging out laundry---
zenon just got bit twice by a wasp. i put some pants on him and he started screaming (hurt scream). i actually thought sting and took off his pants and shook them... no wasp. only later did i notice he has two stings on his legs.

mama  to 3 farmboys (, & ) and 1 farmgirl ()
4lilfarmers is offline  
#390 of 531 Old 04-21-2008, 10:36 AM
 
4lilfarmers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: vermont
Posts: 2,914
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
good luck, mclisa! have fun.

zenon is totally a squirmer! it's impossible to change diapers and i look like a clown doing anything to make him stay still (making noises, singing, boppin my head )

that stool is outrageous, montanamom

mama  to 3 farmboys (, & ) and 1 farmgirl ()
4lilfarmers is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Drag and Drop File Upload
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off