APRIL 2007 Mamas its APRIL ALREADY!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABIES!!! - Page 17 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-28-2008, 10:04 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
How should I break the news to our parents and family?

With Maddie: we took DH's dad and then my parents out to dinner. Then called the siblings.

With Ellysia: we had them over for supper and announced and emailed the siblings the u/s

With Claire: M and E showed up on Halloween wearing Granola Threads shirts saying "I'm the Big Sister".

With Sophia: I made cookies shaped like the number 4 and frosted them with pink and blue frosting. DH's side was confused for a bit. My family caught on quickly.

Ideas anyone?

I want my u/s first so I can tell them the date I'm due. (And then will add on 7-10 days for the actual delivery!)

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-28-2008, 10:53 AM - Thread Starter

omg!!! yay!! thats crazy!!! congrats!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mclisa View Post
My doctor just called with my thyroid blood work. I thought my thyroid was off because I haven't had a period since weaning.

Nope, it's not my thyroid.

I'm pg.

Susan, Mom to 4- Elizabeth 12, Hailey 9, Sammy 7, Caroline 3
Old 04-28-2008, 10:56 AM - Thread Starter

i don't know! i am really bad at keeping it secret and tell everyone right away!

Quote:
How should I break the news to our parents and family

With Maddie: we took DH's dad and then my parents out to dinner. Then called the siblings.

With Ellysia: we had them over for supper and announced and emailed the siblings the u/s

With Claire: M and E showed up on Halloween wearing Granola Threads shirts saying "I'm the Big Sister".

With Sophia: I made cookies shaped like the number 4 and frosted them with pink and blue frosting. DH's side was confused for a bit. My family caught on quickly.

Ideas anyone?

I want my u/s first so I can tell them the date I'm due. (And then will add on 7-10 days for the actual delivery!)

Old 04-28-2008, 11:39 AM - Thread Starter

Caroline's party pics http://jacobsweb.org/gallery/album88 just a little bit of family came
i can't believe she is one!

Old 04-28-2008, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorbinsMama View Post
I so hear you! We just bought a house and will be closing in 2 weeks -- Yikes! I'm so excited about getting out of this apartment!!! Here are some pics of it: http://tinyurl.com/57jdu6

Use the arrows at the bottom to scroll through the houses to 70 Cantor Lane. Then click on the photo of the house to see interior photos.
Wow, what a lovely house! That house would be like 400k here!
We went through that little house I linked to, and it's really sweet, BUT there are no closets. Not one. THe bedrooms are very, very, very teeny tiny. And there is a foundation issue under the kitchen addition. So we are considering it, because Trent is handy and we can deal with that stuff for the right price. Which will be a lot less than they're asking. So we'll see. Otherwise, I am thinking about this one.

Quote:
My doctor just called with my thyroid blood work. I thought my thyroid was off because I haven't had a period since weaning.

I'm pg.
:::
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! I am so excited for you! Wow, how wonderful!! (Since I'm not having any more, I have to live vicariously through others, )

No ideas how to tell people, I'd already be on the phone blabbing it to everyone who would listen...I can't keep secrets

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateSerj View Post
Caroline's party pics http://jacobsweb.org/gallery/album88 just a little bit of family came
i can't believe she is one!
Happy Birthday Caroline

And Happy belated Birthday to Sydney! :

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShyDaisi View Post
I love this house!! It is exactly what I would want if I could afford it! (Not that I would in any shape form or fashion attempt to take it from you )

I am loving spring as well. My mood is also being helped along that Micah has become super sweet. The first year was pretty trying for me. Between all of Micah's demands, my disappointment with labor and delivery, friend abandonment and then the onset of winter, I just felt like it was one cloud after another piling on. Things have improved a little lately between the weather and Micah's temperment. So here's hoping the worst is behind us!!
Yup, the first year is tough...although now that it's gone I am a little sad. But this is such a cute age. The calm before the storm I think.
Glad you're feeling better too

so, I am starting to feel that the toddler forum is more relevant to our situation now. Arlo's baby moments are fewer and farther between.

A

Mama to Finn (04/05) Arlo (04/07) and Henry (04/10)
Old 04-28-2008, 01:03 PM

mclisa!!! Congratulations!!!!
you and your husband must be so excited
Old 04-28-2008, 01:28 PM

Congrats, mclisa!

Chasing DS since April 2007 and pumping for DD March 2013.

Old 04-28-2008, 01:55 PM

Congratulations, Michelle!!
Old 04-28-2008, 02:04 PM

Mclisa, congrats! Are you the first from our ddc to get pg?

I love the houses ladies! I live in CA & buying a house is just a dream. Costs are way to high for a single income family, well for us anyway. Although those prices are more reasonable than you see around here. You can not touch anything for less than $300,000. Someday.

Loving the first birthday pictures. Abbys are in our family pics link in my signature.

Lastly, I think I Abby may have a food allergy. To maybe, raw tomatoes? I am not sure, all I know is yesterday after dinner she broke out in a rash on her legs & arms. She had black beans, zucchini/carrots, & raw tomatoes for dinner. She has had the beans & zucchini/carrots for a while now. She had tried the raw tomatoes the night before with no problem, but last night she had more of it. I don't know. I guess the only way to know it to try them again. I hate that!!! What would you do?

Cristina - "If you find it in your heart to care for somebody else, you will have succeeded." Maya Angelou
Old 04-28-2008, 02:10 PM

CorbinsMama- I've decided to supplement myself with a little more iron to see what happens. My last iron tests were great but maybe Ion could use a boost. We eat lots of greens, cook only with cast iron and our chewable multi has 25% (baby takes a half). Obviously no organ meat here. When I get too much iron I throw up and get headaches, but maybe a little more will help. Does Pippa take her own supplements? how?
Old 04-28-2008, 02:48 PM

Quote:

I'm pg.
Congrats! I think you are the first one from our group.

Quote:
How should I break the news to our parents and family?

Ideas anyone?

I have no clue, mainly because I can't wait long to tell people, with Desmond we were planning to wait till 12 weeks to tell anyone, yeah right. Everyone knew the day after I had learned at 4 weeks, on the plus side I was able to wait 28 hours to tell people...

We had a fun weekend, though no MDC was a bit weird. We went to the cow festival and it was nice to meet everyone else who was there, we had fun wandering around with Susan, Elizabeth, Hailey, Sammy, Caroline and Susan's friend and 3 children. It was also great to meet Kesli, Chuck, Ari and Abby, even if we did only get to see you for a couple of minutes. It is too bad we didn't find you earlier, actually oddly enough I had pointed you out to DH earlier, because you were wearing the Ergo as a hip carry and I was pointing it out to DH.

We also had a good time at the National Zoo yesterday, Desmond was awake for the visit (the last two times we've gone he has slept through 90% of the zoo). He really enjoyed seeing the animals, and it was a great day to go since there weren't many people there and it was nice and cool.

Sarah nak.gif married to DH Dan (August 2001) dh_malesling.GIF and Mommy to DS Desmond (April 2007) pinktongue.gif, DD Eloise (March 2009) hearts.gif and Sullivan (March 29, 2011) babyboy.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.giflactivist.gifcd.giffamilybed2.gif
Old 04-28-2008, 03:25 PM

I think I am the first.

Sorry I beat you out Sarah!

I have an u/s on May 23rd to find out for sure the due date. Maybe end of December she thinks. I told her I can't have the baby until January!

Now I'm impatient. I want my u/s today!!!!

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
Old 04-28-2008, 03:34 PM

: Congratulations, mclisa!! :

Rebekah , single working mom to Micah (04.12.2007)
Old 04-28-2008, 03:41 PM

Micah vomited 3 more times this morning, so I guess we are heading to the doctor this evening. I don't have a ped for him anymore (as the last one dropped him and tried to pull back his foreskin), but we have a practice in town that is called 'PM Pediatrics'. The aren't for well baby visits and don't want to be your full time ped...It is just for sick babes whose parents can't take them to the ped during the day because of work or whose onset of sickness is in the evening. That way you don't have to take them to the ER for a fever or ear infection or whatever. So, here's hoping that this is just a virus lingering. I am so frustrated because he doesn't really seem sick otherwise!! He is slightly less energetic and more loving, but that's it! He still plays, laughs, waves, and WANTS to eat and drink, but when he does it just comes right back up...He has managed to keep some BM down and doesn't even seem more than mildly dehydrated (wet mouth, glossy eyes, no tears but he hasn't cried either, less pee diapers than normal but still several, not lethargic) which would be expected with vomiting....

Rebekah , single working mom to Micah (04.12.2007)
Old 04-28-2008, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finn'smama View Post
Three years ago today, i was in labour with finn. He was born at home, at 2am on the 26th.
Brand new!
What happened to my little baby??
Happy Birthday, Finn!

Quote:
I was getting the jitters from withdrawals....Micah has been throwing up for 4 days straight. The first two days were at my place (no internet) and the last two have been at my parent's (w/ interenet), but no MDC!! And, DS is NOT a good fill in...I spend too much and don't get quite the interaction....

Micah seems to be doing better. The first night was he was vomiting every 15 min and has seemed to have progressively slowed...but every time I think he's done, there he goes again. He's not showing symptoms of dehydration or high fever or anything. Is 4 to 5 days normal for the flu in kids?? At least I think it is the flu -- I have caught it and gotten better since his sickness began...poor kiddo! For me it was vomiting and headache, then nausea, then body aches and headache, we slept all day together, then I was better within 48 hours and 10 lbs. lighter...

Well, back to catch up on what I missed....
Hope your feeling better. And that Micah gets better soon, puking is the worst and most worrisome.

Quote:

I'm pg.
Whoa! Congratulations! Now the pressure is off me!

Quote:
We went through that little house I linked to, and it's really sweet, BUT there are no closets. Not one. THe bedrooms are very, very, very teeny tiny. And there is a foundation issue under the kitchen addition. So we are considering it, because Trent is handy and we can deal with that stuff for the right price. Which will be a lot less than they're asking. So we'll see. Otherwise, I am thinking about this one.

:::
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! I am so excited for you! Wow, how wonderful!! (Since I'm not having any more, I have to live vicariously through others, )

No ideas how to tell people, I'd already be on the phone blabbing it to everyone who would listen...I can't keep secrets

Happy Birthday Caroline

And Happy belated Birthday to Sydney! :

Yup, the first year is tough...although now that it's gone I am a little sad. But this is such a cute age. The calm before the storm I think.
Glad you're feeling better too

so, I am starting to feel that the toddler forum is more relevant to our situation now. Arlo's baby moments are fewer and farther between.

A
Cute house! It is nice to have something to call your own.

Happy Birthday Abby and Caroline!!!!!
Old 04-28-2008, 03:51 PM

Quote:
I think I am the first.

Sorry I beat you out Sarah!

I have an u/s on May 23rd to find out for sure the due date. Maybe end of December she thinks. I told her I can't have the baby until January!

Now I'm impatient. I want my u/s today!!!!
I wasn't really worried about being first anyways. Plus we might have had an oops this month anyways, I think I ovulated a few days early, so I think our safe day might not have been, oopsy. No way to check yet though still way to early.

Yay for another baby for you hopefully your u/s is soon.

Quote:
Micah vomited 3 more times this morning, so I guess we are heading to the doctor this evening. I don't have a ped for him anymore (as the last one dropped him and tried to pull back his foreskin), but we have a practice in town that is called 'PM Pediatrics'. The aren't for well baby visits and don't want to be your full time ped...It is just for sick babes whose parents can't take them to the ped during the day because of work or whose onset of sickness is in the evening. That way you don't have to take them to the ER for a fever or ear infection or whatever. So, here's hoping that this is just a virus lingering. I am so frustrated because he doesn't really seem sick otherwise!! He is slightly less energetic and more loving, but that's it! He still plays, laughs, waves, and WANTS to eat and drink, but when he does it just comes right back up...He has managed to keep some BM down and doesn't even seem more than mildly dehydrated (wet mouth, glossy eyes, no tears but he hasn't cried either, less pee diapers than normal but still several, not lethargic) which would be expected with vomiting....
Poor Micah hopefully he feels better soon.

Sarah nak.gif married to DH Dan (August 2001) dh_malesling.GIF and Mommy to DS Desmond (April 2007) pinktongue.gif, DD Eloise (March 2009) hearts.gif and Sullivan (March 29, 2011) babyboy.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.giflactivist.gifcd.giffamilybed2.gif
Old 04-28-2008, 06:56 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabrizia View Post
Congrats! I think you are the first one from our group.

I have no clue, mainly because I can't wait long to tell people, with Desmond we were planning to wait till 12 weeks to tell anyone, yeah right. Everyone knew the day after I had learned at 4 weeks, on the plus side I was able to wait 28 hours to tell people...

We had a fun weekend, though no MDC was a bit weird. We went to the cow festival and it was nice to meet everyone else who was there, we had fun wandering around with Susan, Elizabeth, Hailey, Sammy, Caroline and Susan's friend and 3 children. It was also great to meet Kesli, Chuck, Ari and Abby, even if we did only get to see you for a couple of minutes. It is too bad we didn't find you earlier, actually oddly enough I had pointed you out to DH earlier, because you were wearing the Ergo as a hip carry and I was pointing it out to DH.

We also had a good time at the National Zoo yesterday, Desmond was awake for the visit (the last two times we've gone he has slept through 90% of the zoo). He really enjoyed seeing the animals, and it was a great day to go since there weren't many people there and it was nice and cool.
We had a ton of fun meeting you!! Kesli was there?!!! man i missed her!!! ugg that stinks!!i am sad now!

Old 04-28-2008, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateSerj View Post
We had a ton of fun meeting you!! Kesli was there?!!! man i missed her!!! ugg that stinks!!i am sad now!
Yeah we met her right after you had left and we were standing in line to buy milk . We only got to see her for a minute or two because they were heading out.

Old 04-28-2008, 08:14 PM

Congrats, Mclisa!!!! : That's so awesome!!!
Shydaisi - Poor Micah I hope he gets better soon!!!
Old 04-28-2008, 10:49 PM

I think I missed Scout and Pippa :
Old 04-28-2008, 11:02 PM

Awww, thanks, MaxiMom!
Old 04-29-2008, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxiMom View Post
I think I missed Scout and Pippa :
Me too, I think

Happy Birthday!!

Mama to Finn (04/05) Arlo (04/07) and Henry (04/10)
Old 04-29-2008, 01:02 AM

Quote:

I'm pg.
WAHOOO! YAY MICHELLE! :
congratulations!!! what great news- hahah Maximom I was wrong!!

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 
Old 04-29-2008, 01:05 AM

Happy Birthday Everyone! What a special month this was for all of us...sad to see it near the end.

Nice to see some 'faces' we haven't seen in a while!

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 
Old 04-29-2008, 08:31 AM

Happy birthday to all the babes I missed! :

And woo-hoo Mclisa, CONGRATS!!!
The very first to get pregnant, wow, I never thoughts it would take that long for someone to get pregnant!!

Anika: Those 2 houses are darling! But I'd go for the second one for sure with all the problems in the first one... And a two story house, I'd be so envious! That's just lovely. You'll love owning a house, it's the best thing ever. :

I'm back at work since yesterday. Still coughing up a lung, but whatever. Romi's not sick anymore, so my antibodies really helped!

Maximom: I don't think I ever replied since MDC went down, but I'm so happy you got your gift!! And I was so worried you wouldn't like the stuff I got you... So I was thrilled to read your post

Shydaisy: hope Micah is on the mends, nothing work than puking. Ugh.
Old 04-29-2008, 12:47 PM

Yay!! Haven't posted in some time. Happy momma-day to all of you this month!

Mama to DS 4.22.07 (ana to peanuts) and DD 10.7.09
Old 04-29-2008, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorbinsMama View Post
I so hear you! We just bought a house and will be closing in 2 weeks -- Yikes! I'm so excited about getting out of this apartment!!! Here are some pics of it: http://tinyurl.com/57jdu6

Use the arrows at the bottom to scroll through the houses to 70 Cantor Lane. Then click on the photo of the house to see interior photos.
Gorgeous house! I love it!

Quote:
I decided today that I want to buy a house. Specifically this one. The prices in this town are nuts and this is in a great location (dead end street, downtown, close to a great park, library, school etc.) What do you think? Isn't it cute??!
I am sick and tired of renting...
Quote:
Both are so cute - I really like that 2nd one!

Houses are so cheap around here - we would never be able to afford a $200K + house!! We bought our house 2.5 yrs ago for $103K. It's 1800 sq ft and (even though it was built in the 50's) it only had one previous owner. BUT we live in a small farm town that is about a 35 minute drive from all the shopping/restaurants/culture/jobs/etc. in a neighboring college town (Fayetteville, AR...Go Hogs! ) .....so I'm sure that's the difference. Sometimes I think I would LOVE to live in the "city", within walking distance to everything...but even in Fayetteville, I don't think we'd be able to afford it.

This is off the subject, but we had a really scary incident involving Scout choking on something this past weekend, which I wrote about HERE. So. Not. Fun. The whole thing just made me even more thankful for my sweet baby girl (if that was even possible)...and thankful that she is happy and healthy. And it made my heart absolutely ache for the mommas I know here on MDC who have lost little ones. I can't even imagine the horror - but for one brief moment, I think I caught a tiny glimpse of what it might be like to experience that kind of gut-wrenching pain. {shudder} I hope we never have a close call like that again.
Old 04-29-2008, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kewpie-o View Post

Houses are so cheap around here - we would never be able to afford a $200K + house!! We bought our house 2.5 yrs ago for $103K. It's 1800 sq ft and (even though it was built in the 50's) it only had one previous owner. BUT we live in a small farm town that is about a 35 minute drive from all the shopping/restaurants/culture/jobs/etc. in a neighboring college town (Fayetteville, AR...Go Hogs! ) .....so I'm sure that's the difference. Sometimes I think I would LOVE to live in the "city", within walking distance to everything...but even in Fayetteville, I don't think we'd be able to afford it.

This is off the subject, but we had a really scary incident involving Scout choking on something this past weekend, which I wrote about HERE. So. Not. Fun. The whole thing just made me even more thankful for my sweet baby girl (if that was even possible)...and thankful that she is happy and healthy. And it made my heart absolutely ache for the mommas I know here on MDC who have lost little ones. I can't even imagine the horror - but for one brief moment, I think I caught a tiny glimpse of what it might be like to experience that kind of gut-wrenching pain. {shudder} I hope we never have a close call like that again.
Sheesh, glad Scout is ok! How scary for all of you.

I like that you've kept up the retro style in your abode, Kewpie-o, very cool.
Old 04-29-2008, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of my Castle View Post
WAHOOO! YAY MICHELLE! :
congratulations!!! what great news- hahah Maximom I was wrong!!
:nana:

Quote:
Originally Posted by doudat View Post
I'm back at work since yesterday. Still coughing up a lung, but whatever. Romi's not sick anymore, so my antibodies really helped!

Maximom: I don't think I ever replied since MDC went down, but I'm so happy you got your gift!! And I was so worried you wouldn't like the stuff I got you... So I was thrilled to read your post
LOVE the caramels - dh wants the recipe. Hope you're feeling a bit better, glad Romi is well. Oh, and I love how little miss Scarlet sits down to put her slippers on, with a big smile on her face. When it gets a bit warmer, I'll try the new outfit on. So far she is a typical girl, loves clothes!
Old 04-29-2008, 08:35 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kewpie-o View Post

Wow how scary! i am so glad she is ok! When Elizabeth was 5 she disappeared for about 15 minutes at a very crowded state park... at a lake... it was the worst 15 minutes of my life...I thought she was gone forever.
HUGS to all the mama's and babies!

User Tag List