APRIL 2007 Mamas its APRIL ALREADY!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABIES!!! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 531 Old 04-03-2008, 11:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by krismarie View Post
i'm sorry it was so hard for you...but i'm glad that she was alright.

how did it go (leading your first meeting??) sounds like fun!
it was a lot of fun and went very well!! thanks!

Susan, Mom to 4- Elizabeth 12, Hailey 9, Sammy 7, Caroline 3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 531 Old 04-03-2008, 11:58 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by finn'smama View Post
Quick update-
I just spent the night in the hospital with Arlo
He has a chest infection which has triggered some asthma. (dp has asthma)
So now he is on puffers. He is feeling better today, but it was a scary night.
I'll post more later when we've had some rest.

A
oh that sucks!!! i hope you both have gotten some good rest and he feels better~

Susan, Mom to 4- Elizabeth 12, Hailey 9, Sammy 7, Caroline 3
#63 of 531 Old 04-04-2008, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Quick update-
I just spent the night in the hospital with Arlo
He has a chest infection which has triggered some asthma. (dp has asthma)
So now he is on puffers. He is feeling better today, but it was a scary night.
I'll post more later when we've had some rest.

A
Arlo! I hope he feels better. It's been a year since Claire was in the hospital with her pneumonia and what ended up to be her first asthma episode.

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
#64 of 531 Old 04-04-2008, 02:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arismomkoofie View Post
Thanks!

oh! I forgot to post, but April 1 she learned how to slide! She crawls to the slide and just pushes herself down, laughing and hoping no one will be at the bottom to catch her, so she can lean over and grab wood chips and stuff them in her mouth

It is SO cute!
That is cute!

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
#65 of 531 Old 04-04-2008, 03:12 AM

Happy birthday to our babes!! :

To me, the first 3 or 4 months went by pretty slowly...but then after that, it was like a flash in the pan! I really love this stage the best so far. It is so great to watch Scout learn and explore.

She is really into hugging people (and things....hee hee, tonight, she hugged DH's tube of chapstick ) and she gives sweet open-mouth baby kisses too. She's walking (more like running!) everywhere and is very good at climbing too.

The other day, I caught her with her hand in the toilet :Puke and then on the same day had to call poison control because she had opened a tube of zinc-oxide diaper cream and it was all over her chin and hands. (wasn't sure if she had ingested any, so thought I'd call just in case...turns out she was fine) I'm quickly learning that I cannot leave her alone for very long before she gets into some kind of trouble.

She's signing a bunch now. She does "more", "eat", "milk" (which we use for "nurse"), "all done", and (sometimes) "baby". We're working on "diaper change", "sleep", "mommy", and "daddy". It is very helpful that she knows how to ask for food and nursing now. She is so happy and proud of herself when I understand her request, say it, and then respond.

I'm getting really excited about her birthday party...mostly because my parents and grandma will be in town. My mom and grandma haven't been here to visit since Scout was born and it's been a year and a half since my step-dad was here. I think it's special that they will be here for her first birthday. :

Anika - that is scary about Arlo. I hope it is all under control now!

I thought for sure I'd come back (after being MIA from this thread for a while to find one of you mommas pregnant. Guess we're all just pacing ourselves.
#66 of 531 Old 04-04-2008, 09:45 AM

How adventurous your little Scout is!

#67 of 531 Old 04-04-2008, 10:00 AM

hey mamas--just a quick ??? i know some of you have dealt with plugged ducts. what worked best for you?? thanks!

oh and it's great to hear about scout, kewpie-o! i wish my little man would hug and kiss.

mama  to 3 farmboys (, & ) and 1 farmgirl ()
#68 of 531 Old 04-04-2008, 10:10 AM

Quote:
hey mamas--just a quick ??? i know some of you have dealt with plugged ducts. what worked best for you?? thanks!

oh and it's great to hear about scout, kewpie-o! i wish my little man would hug and kiss.
massage, rice pack (fixes pretty near everything that's wrong IMO), nursing, pumping, repeat
#69 of 531 Old 04-04-2008, 10:51 AM

Quote:

Nursing, nursing, nursing!!! The one problem with this is when, like me, you have a very distracted nurser. Then I pump, but nothing works as well as a baby
Good luck Kris!
#70 of 531 Old 04-04-2008, 12:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Heat and nursing, even tho mine was accompanied by a killer nipple blister-- I nursed as much as I could and got the heat pack on a couple times and presto

Sophie loves to hug her dolls but not her parents, unless she's missed them/is sleepy. So unfair!

Isn't it great when you can understand them? Last night Sophie got upset and I had no idea-- then she signed eat-- she wanted her dinner tray back, even tho she seemed totally done and we were getting ready for a bath (which she loves). I never would have guessed!
#71 of 531 Old 04-04-2008, 02:06 PM

Scarlet is 1 year old today!!!!! I was up in the middle of the night last night and realized it was that it was just after she was born last year.

kris - glad you made it home ok, what drag making that drive!

doudat - hugs, mama, I'd have a hard time leaving my babe, too. I checked out your blog and love the pictures of Nico and Romi - amazing how much they look alike!

finn'smama- hugs to Arlo!

hanno - got my soap - thanks! love the Ion stamp, so cute!

Oh yeah, something I was thinking about last night... I felt like the babywearing ambassador last week - I convinced one mama in the kids store to buy a ring sling, I had lots of grandmas comment on my sling and how they want to buy one for their daughter/inlaw. The best part was when I went to my girlfriends baby shower and she told me she just ordered a sling and wants to wear her baby all the time! Great!, since I'm sure she is mostly in the mainstream.
#72 of 531 Old 04-04-2008, 02:59 PM

Happy Birthday Scarlett!

Desmond had a semi bad night last night and didn't fall asleep till after 1am. He did nap at 10pm though, ugh, was hoping he would stay asleep after he fell asleep then, but he woke about 45 minutes later and was ready to play. He did sleep from 1am till 5:30 though which was decent.

It is really weird to think he'll be one tomorrow. He turns 1 at 2:35am, which is less then 14 hours away, it is just a weird thought, he's grown so fast. He is walking, talking, speaking in simple sentences (rarely), climbing, problem solving so he can climb more, playing with toys and chasing the dog. It seems like just yesterday he was tiny and couldn't do anything but sleep, eat and poop.

We're having his party tomorrow, I have no clue who is coming, well I know my parents will be there, my grandmother (my grandfather probably won't come), my aunt (since we're having it at her house) and my in-laws. Other then them though I have no clue, I know two of my aunts can't make it, and at least 1 one of my uncles. So it probably will be fairly small, which is actually not a bad thing since Desmond tends to be happiest when there are 10 or less people around (smaller numbers in smaller spaces).

I still need to wrap his gifts and make up his carrot cake, fortunately I don't have to worry about anything else though since my Mom and Aunt are handling all the details.

Desmond has been really whiny for the past few days I think it is because he has 8 more teeth coming in (you can see and feel them). We've found that cold baby carrots are a wonderful solution though, he loves to gnaw on them they seem to help his teeth.

Sarah nak.gif married to DH Dan (August 2001) dh_malesling.GIF and Mommy to DS Desmond (April 2007) pinktongue.gif, DD Eloise (March 2009) hearts.gif and Sullivan (March 29, 2011) babyboy.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.giflactivist.gifcd.giffamilybed2.gif
#73 of 531 Old 04-04-2008, 03:46 PM

Happy Birthday
SCARLET! :

#74 of 531 Old 04-04-2008, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxiMom View Post
Scarlet is 1 year old today!!!!! I was up in the middle of the night last night and realized it was that it was just after she was born last year.

kris - glad you made it home ok, what drag making that drive!

doudat - hugs, mama, I'd have a hard time leaving my babe, too. I checked out your blog and love the pictures of Nico and Romi - amazing how much they look alike!

finn'smama- hugs to Arlo!

hanno - got my soap - thanks! love the Ion stamp, so cute!

Oh yeah, something I was thinking about last night... I felt like the babywearing ambassador last week - I convinced one mama in the kids store to buy a ring sling, I had lots of grandmas comment on my sling and how they want to buy one for their daughter/inlaw. The best part was when I went to my girlfriends baby shower and she told me she just ordered a sling and wants to wear her baby all the time! Great!, since I'm sure she is mostly in the mainstream.
good for you! i love it when people actually listen to me about ap-ish parenting things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabrizia View Post
Happy Birthday Scarlett!

Desmond had a semi bad night last night and didn't fall asleep till after 1am. He did nap at 10pm though, ugh, was hoping he would stay asleep after he fell asleep then, but he woke about 45 minutes later and was ready to play. He did sleep from 1am till 5:30 though which was decent.

It is really weird to think he'll be one tomorrow. He turns 1 at 2:35am, which is less then 14 hours away, it is just a weird thought, he's grown so fast. He is walking, talking, speaking in simple sentences (rarely), climbing, problem solving so he can climb more, playing with toys and chasing the dog. It seems like just yesterday he was tiny and couldn't do anything but sleep, eat and poop.

We're having his party tomorrow, I have no clue who is coming, well I know my parents will be there, my grandmother (my grandfather probably won't come), my aunt (since we're having it at her house) and my in-laws. Other then them though I have no clue, I know two of my aunts can't make it, and at least 1 one of my uncles. So it probably will be fairly small, which is actually not a bad thing since Desmond tends to be happiest when there are 10 or less people around (smaller numbers in smaller spaces).

I still need to wrap his gifts and make up his carrot cake, fortunately I don't have to worry about anything else though since my Mom and Aunt are handling all the details.

Desmond has been really whiny for the past few days I think it is because he has 8 more teeth coming in (you can see and feel them). We've found that cold baby carrots are a wonderful solution though, he loves to gnaw on them they seem to help his teeth.
i can't believe how much energy desmond has during the night! you have to deal with that a lot!
have fun getting ready for his party--sounds like fun

#75 of 531 Old 04-04-2008, 03:50 PM

pictures from our get together at hanno's home!

#76 of 531 Old 04-04-2008, 03:58 PM

Happy Birthday Scarlett!

#77 of 531 Old 04-04-2008, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxiMom View Post
Happy Birthday Scarlet!!!
#78 of 531 Old 04-04-2008, 10:55 PM

Scarlet :
#79 of 531 Old 04-04-2008, 11:59 PM

First of all, Happy belated Birthday to Abby!!
And Happy Birthday to Scarlet!!

Secondly, I am so sad that I couldn't get to Michigan. It sounds like you guys had a great time. I wish we could have some kind of April '07 convention! Maybe once I get birth certificates and passports all worked out, we can at least drive down to see you, hanno. It's not really that far, just crossing the border that's the pain.

Thanks for all the well wishes for Arlo. He was feeling as spry as a kitten today. The puffers are really making a big difference. What an ordeal, and I feel so bad for him that he will be dealing with this, but I guess it's fairly manageable?

So since I'm too lazy to upload pics right now, here is one of Arlo modeling a bonnet I made for his girlfriend. He looks so cute in purple frills!

In other news, we are on the hunt for child care providers. We can no longer trade off shifts, as dp has to get back to working full time. No one wants to take a one year old and wait lists for centres are sometimes years long, so this is a real pain in the ass. But I have a couple of people to meet with next week, so we'll see.

AND there are crocuses blooming in my front garden...YAY for SPRING! (even though it was snowing today

A

Mama to Finn (04/05) Arlo (04/07) and Henry (04/10)
#80 of 531 Old 04-05-2008, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Happy belated Birthday to Abby!!.
Thanks! Abby's present to herself was a new tooth on the top on the 3rd, and today there is a 6th tooth, so she will have her top middle teeth now!
#81 of 531 Old 04-05-2008, 12:43 AM

Pippa is doing well! She will be one on the 16th!

She's still working with a PT on getting on her belly, rolling over, and sitting by herself. We just discovered that she is anemic (and that's why she's not gaining weight, we think -- she's 13 lbs. 11 oz.), so she's getting an iron supplement. She also has strabismus, which means her eyes don't work together. She also is farsighted, which is also common in babies, but if doesn't change, she will need glasses.

So the treatment is phospholine iodide eye drops to help her pupils contract, which is one component of focusing. That way her eyes can work on the other two parts of focusing. She also has to wear a patch over her right eye for 2 hours a day so that her left eye gets more "exercise" in focusing. Hopefully the eyedrops will work and we won't even have to consider surgery.

Here's some recent pics: http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v3...insMama/Pippa/
#82 of 531 Old 04-05-2008, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorbinsMama View Post

She's still working with a PT on getting on her belly, rolling over, and sitting by herself. We just discovered that she is anemic (and that's why she's not gaining weight, we think -- she's 13 lbs. 11 oz.), so she's getting an iron supplement. She also has strabismus, which means her eyes don't work together. She also is farsighted, which is also common in babies, but if doesn't change, she will need glasses.

So the treatment is phospholine iodide eye drops to help her pupils contract, which is one component of focusing. That way her eyes can work on the other two parts of focusing. She also has to wear a patch over her right eye for 2 hours a day so that her left eye gets more "exercise" in focusing. Hopefully the eyedrops will work and we won't even have to consider surgery.

She is BEAUTIFUL!!! I love the pics of her on the couch and that hair ... I just can't get over her laughing too!
#83 of 531 Old 04-05-2008, 10:10 AM

Quote:
First of all, Happy belated Birthday to Abby!!
And Happy Birthday to Scarlet!!

Secondly, I am so sad that I couldn't get to Michigan. It sounds like you guys had a great time. I wish we could have some kind of April '07 convention! Maybe once I get birth certificates and passports all worked out, we can at least drive down to see you, hanno. It's not really that far, just crossing the border that's the pain.

Thanks for all the well wishes for Arlo. He was feeling as spry as a kitten today. The puffers are really making a big difference. What an ordeal, and I feel so bad for him that he will be dealing with this, but I guess it's fairly manageable?

So since I'm too lazy to upload pics right now, here is one of Arlo modeling a bonnet I made for his girlfriend. He looks so cute in purple frills!

In other news, we are on the hunt for child care providers. We can no longer trade off shifts, as dp has to get back to working full time. No one wants to take a one year old and wait lists for centres are sometimes years long, so this is a real pain in the ass. But I have a couple of people to meet with next week, so we'll see.

AND there are crocuses blooming in my front garden...YAY for SPRING! (even though it was snowing today

A
i'd love little april 07 convention... sounds great!
i'm glad arlo is feeling so much better!
great job on the bonnet!
s to you as you search for childcare... i haven't been in that situation but i have friends who have had to deal with that search. good luck!
i check for my crocuses every day...hopefully they'll be up soon! i'm so anxious for spring (as it snows here too!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorbinsMama View Post

she is beautiful! i love the pic of her on the quilt! sounds like my sister's eye issues...she had ambliopia (sp???) but it wasn't caught until she was older... years of patches and drops too. i'm glad her pt is working so well for her! zenon turns one on the 15th

#84 of 531 Old 04-05-2008, 10:11 AM

Happy Birthday Desmond! :

#85 of 531 Old 04-05-2008, 01:34 PM

Happy Birthday Desmond!

Today is Abby's party - we will head to Mom's at about 3 pm because Ari has another party 4-6, and then Abby and Sydney's party (13yo niece) is at 6 pm! Hopefully I'll have pics tomorrow...
#86 of 531 Old 04-05-2008, 02:00 PM

Thanks all, we are getting ready to head out now. We're heading down to my aunt's house in a few for his party, should be fun. Hope everyone has a good weekend!

Sarah nak.gif married to DH Dan (August 2001) dh_malesling.GIF and Mommy to DS Desmond (April 2007) pinktongue.gif, DD Eloise (March 2009) hearts.gif and Sullivan (March 29, 2011) babyboy.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.giflactivist.gifcd.giffamilybed2.gif
#87 of 531 Old 04-05-2008, 02:43 PM

Oh dear- i have a lot of catching up to do! but first- Happy Birthday to Scarlett and Abby! Sorry I missed that!
I'd like to suggest when it's our babies birthdays, we get to share their birth story again! I think that would be so nice!
So arismommy and kewpie- you guys get to start!

I'll beback tonight!

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 
#88 of 531 Old 04-05-2008, 02:45 PM

have people been getting their bday exchange packages?? i'm excited to hear what our little ones get...

#89 of 531 Old 04-05-2008, 02:48 PM

Quote:
have people been getting their bday exchange packages?? i'm excited to hear what our little ones get...
sending mine out today!
#90 of 531 Old 04-05-2008, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanno View Post
sending mine out today!
I suck. Mine's not ready yet.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page