APRIL 2007 Mamas its APRIL ALREADY!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABIES!!! - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 531 Old 04-07-2008, 01:12 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
mclisa - your post made me crack up!!! Sorry Hee hee..what a poop-fest!
#122 of 531 Old 04-07-2008, 02:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclisa View Post

Is it bedtime yet?
I'm right there with ya, pooped, too.
#123 of 531 Old 04-07-2008, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Those birthday babies (am I still allowed to use babies??) sure look like they had a great time!

Sophia gets her turn next week.

I should have known better as Sophia usually poops while in her high chair at supper. She didn't tonight, but I didn't think about it.

She has food smashed in her hair (again, like usual) and has some nasty eye boogers too.

I ran the bath water. Popped her in and next thing I know, she is tearing up and grunting. PLOP! Drats. So I run more water.

Then Claire comes in and says she has to pee (we were in a dry underware all day!!!) So I put her in the tub.

Then she cries out. Yep, she pooped in the tub too. So fished more poop out. Drained the water. Ran more.

Is it bedtime yet?

Poor you.

We have been lucky (knock on wood) no pooping in the tub yet.

That being said Desmond went poop about 6 times last night, I have no clue if he caught something or just really had to go, since it was mostly solid I'm guessing just had to go a lot.

He didn't sleep that well last night, but he did sleep okay. Which was nice, the whole waking at 2am and 5am thing was less nice, I really wish he would fully drop that 2am feeding.

Nothing else much going on here, it's been a quiet morning for the whole half hour we've been awake.

Sarah nak.gif married to DH Dan (August 2001) dh_malesling.GIF and Mommy to DS Desmond (April 2007) pinktongue.gif, DD Eloise (March 2009) hearts.gif and Sullivan (March 29, 2011) babyboy.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.giflactivist.gifcd.giffamilybed2.gif
#124 of 531 Old 04-07-2008, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorbinsMama View Post
She also has strabismus, which means her eyes don't work together. She also is farsighted, which is also common in babies, but if doesn't change, she will need glasses.

So the treatment is phospholine iodide eye drops to help her pupils contract, which is one component of focusing. That way her eyes can work on the other two parts of focusing. She also has to wear a patch over her right eye for 2 hours a day so that her left eye gets more "exercise" in focusing. Hopefully the eyedrops will work and we won't even have to consider surgery.

How is the eye patch working for you?

Camryn had the same thing and we tried glasses and patching her eye, which unfortunately didn't work (between Camryn and Carson we couldn't keep the patch on her eye). She did end up needing surgery. The good news is that the surgery worked!!!! Her eyes are perfect now and you would never have known she had the strabismus

Mom to, Cassi,, 25 yo daughter, 4 yo twins, Carson & Camryn 3 yo Caitlyn and my wonderful 14 yo neice, Carlie
#125 of 531 Old 04-07-2008, 08:52 PM

I must get into party mode! I need to get to the party store and get plates/napkins/etc!!!

We so need to clean the downstairs. The girls have the toys everywhere.

And must decide how lazy I will be for the menu.

And must look through and see what gifts I have for the girls.

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
#126 of 531 Old 04-07-2008, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkRotts View Post
How is the eye patch working for you?
So far, I think it is working. It's hard to tell since I look at her every day, but her chiro, who sees her every other week, said that she noticed a difference from how her eyes were two weeks ago.

I really, really hope it works because the thought of her having surgery after all the medical intervention in her birth and month in the NICU really freaks me out. She's my sweet little pixie and I am sick of doctors and sick of her needing doctors.
#127 of 531 Old 04-08-2008, 11:14 AM

Spring is so here!!! Fabulous.
It makes going back to work a bit easier. Cause the days are longer and my babies will stay up later. Plus going outside is so much nicer than staying cooped up in the house.

Last week home with Romi. I cried so much last night thinking about leaving her all day. It's hard. She is so sweet though, the sweetest little girl at the daycare. Not a peep out of her, she's perfect. I came back to get her yesterday after leaving her for an hour and she was playing with a truck all quiet and calm amidst the chaos.

Gotta go pick her up now. I left her for 2 hours today.
#128 of 531 Old 04-08-2008, 01:55 PM

Oh Doudat, I'm so sorry! You and Romi are so brave.

Today Ion slept for 13 hours (nursing constantly--and I mean constantly), ate half a piece of toast and 3/4 of an avocado with sesame seeds and seaweed sprinkle on it in a half hour and is asleep again. Growth spurt? I can only hope!
#129 of 531 Old 04-08-2008, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanno View Post

Today Ion slept for 13 hours (nursing constantly--and I mean constantly), ate half a piece of toast and 3/4 of an avocado with sesame seeds and seaweed sprinkle on it in a half hour and is asleep again. Growth spurt? I can only hope!
I'm sorry the year has gone so fast Doudat, I couldn't imagine having to go back to work and put Desmond in daycare, I hope it works well for you.

Desmond slept for 13ish hours too, nursing every 45 minutes to an hour (for 15 to 20 minutes I felt like he was a newborn again), I am really hoping it is a growth spurt. He also just ate 1/4th a Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich (the dog got the ther 1/4th), a scrambled egg with veggies and cheese and half a dozen orange slices, and he wants to nurse again! I am really hoping it is a growth spurt since I won't be able to keep up with this kind of demand. So you aren't alone on the huge eating thing. He also ate at least 20 shrimp and 10 pieces of broccoli for dinner last night.

Sarah nak.gif married to DH Dan (August 2001) dh_malesling.GIF and Mommy to DS Desmond (April 2007) pinktongue.gif, DD Eloise (March 2009) hearts.gif and Sullivan (March 29, 2011) babyboy.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.giflactivist.gifcd.giffamilybed2.gif
#130 of 531 Old 04-08-2008, 04:29 PM

doudat. I know it is hard! I pay my mom to watch Micah, but she has been looking for a job....which means that I will have to put him in daycare. Somehow it just seems so much harder to leave him with someone we don't know as opposed to Nana.

Rebekah , single working mom to Micah (04.12.2007)
#131 of 531 Old 04-08-2008, 04:34 PM

Oh, I almost forgot!!! Micah took his first steps yesterday!!! and and : and I have never been more proud and sad at the same time! I am looking forward to a little independence....I just know that I am going to get more than a little!

#132 of 531 Old 04-08-2008, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doudat View Post
It makes going back to work a bit easier. Cause the days are longer and my babies will stay up later. Plus going outside is so much nicer than staying cooped up in the house.

Last week home with Romi. I cried so much last night thinking about leaving her all day. It's hard. She is so sweet though, the sweetest little girl at the daycare. Not a peep out of her, she's perfect. I came back to get her yesterday after leaving her for an hour and she was playing with a truck all quiet and calm amidst the chaos.

mama. I so know how you feel, although, I am only working two days a week, it's still really hard. I just interviewed a caregiver half an hour ago and I have another interview at 6:30. It doesn't even matter how great or nice they are, it still isn't me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShyDaisi View Post
Oh, I almost forgot!!! Micah took his first steps yesterday!!! and and : and I have never been more proud and sad at the same time! I am looking forward to a little independence....I just know that I am going to get more than a little!
Yay Micah! Arlo just took his very first step today!

Mama to Finn (04/05) Arlo (04/07) and Henry (04/10)
#133 of 531 Old 04-08-2008, 05:35 PM

So if his "reactive airways" weren't enough, poor Arlo is now getting over a nasty gastro virus. I've never seen so much puke come out of a little guy. He seems to be on the mend now, although he won't eat any solid food.
I am happy it's spring:

#134 of 531 Old 04-08-2008, 05:38 PM

Go Arlo and Micah! Looks like we're counting on Eva and Zenon to keep us out of the toddlers section.
#135 of 531 Old 04-08-2008, 05:42 PM

Anika, your pictures!!!
your beautiful family just made me cry
#136 of 531 Old 04-08-2008, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Anika, your pictures!!!
your beautiful family just made me cry
Oh thank-you!

#137 of 531 Old 04-08-2008, 05:45 PM

I love your mud baby!!

#138 of 531 Old 04-08-2008, 06:50 PM

Go Micah! Go! How exciting about first steps!

Sophia has a bad cold. Green boogers, boogers coming from her eyes. Hopefully she is better tomorrow because Claire has kindermusik.

She didn't sleep well last night and now has done a 4 hour nap today.

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
#139 of 531 Old 04-08-2008, 06:52 PM

And I think I've figured out why all of you homeschool: do you know how much paper I just recycled from all of the busy work worksheets and such that M and E have brought home since Feb! Stacks and stacks. It's worse than junkmail!

And please don't tell them that all that stuff is now tossed out.

#140 of 531 Old 04-08-2008, 07:04 PM

Quote:

oh that's sooo hard! i'm glad she is such a sweet little trooper! but big big hugs to you, doudat.

Quote:

wow! sounds like it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShyDaisi View Post
yea! congrats little one!

Quote:
Go Micah! Go! How exciting about first steps!

Sophia has a bad cold. Green boogers, boogers coming from her eyes. Hopefully she is better tomorrow because Claire has kindermusik.

She didn't sleep well last night and now has done a 4 hour nap today.
oh, hope she feels better soon!

chicken3.gif mama knit.gif to 3 farmboys (9 reading.gif, 6 blahblah.gif & 3 notes2.gif ) and 1 farmgirl (baby.gif)
#141 of 531 Old 04-08-2008, 07:04 PM

Quote:
And I think I've figured out why all of you homeschool: do you know how much paper I just recycled from all of the busy work worksheets and such that M and E have brought home since Feb! Stacks and stacks. It's worse than junkmail!

chicken3.gif mama knit.gif to 3 farmboys (9 reading.gif, 6 blahblah.gif & 3 notes2.gif ) and 1 farmgirl (baby.gif)
#142 of 531 Old 04-08-2008, 07:05 PM

finn's mama-- i loooove your siggy! finn looks like such a grown-up boy! great pictures of all of you!

#143 of 531 Old 04-08-2008, 07:07 PM

big news here....

i found crocuses in our backyard! been waiting for the ones out front and didn't notice that they just came up in the backyard! it's the fun thing about this house--the owner (almost previous owner ) planted so many things all over.

oh and zenon took 6 steps! (sorry hanno...but he's my baby until at least 2! ) i think he's trying to be like our 15mo houseguest!

#144 of 531 Old 04-08-2008, 10:22 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

omg i KNOW!! i HATED that!! i realy don't miss it!! OH and i cleaned off my counters the other day and i still had stuff
i was like WHY do i have this?? lol don't feel bad i threw it away when the girls weren't looking too lol

Susan, Mom to 4- Elizabeth 12, Hailey 9, Sammy 7, Caroline 3
#145 of 531 Old 04-09-2008, 02:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krismarie View Post
poor max! do you do herbs at all? catnip or elder flower tea has been great for fevers here...

i love that max loved his heather doll...how sweet!

congrats on your first chick--that is very exciting! we'll need to see pictures.
Thanks for the info on the herbs, I need to order a few others, too.

THe chicks are SOOOO sweet. I'll post pics soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabrizia View Post
Okay I got pictures from Desmond's party up already they are at my blog.
I love his swath of hair in the front, sweet pics of you and your family.

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by finn'smama View Post
So if his "reactive airways" weren't enough, poor Arlo is now getting over a nasty gastro virus. I've never seen so much puke come out of a little guy. He seems to be on the mend now, although he won't eat any solid food.
I am happy it's spring:

and Happy Spring! I'm looking forward to sunshine this weekend, it's been rainy and I'm getting tired of building fires!

Quote:
Originally Posted by krismarie View Post
big news here....

i found crocuses in our backyard! been waiting for the ones out front and didn't notice that they just came up in the backyard! it's the fun thing about this house--the owner (almost previous owner ) planted so many things all over.

oh and zenon took 6 steps! (sorry hanno...but he's my baby until at least 2! ) i think he's trying to be like our 15mo houseguest!
Go Zenon, and all the other babes steppin' out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateSerj View Post
omg i KNOW!! i HATED that!! i realy don't miss it!! OH and i cleaned off my counters the other day and i still had stuff
i was like WHY do i have this?? lol don't feel bad i threw it away when the girls weren't looking too lol
I did some clutter cleaning, too, and dusting...spring has definitely sprung. ::
#146 of 531 Old 04-09-2008, 01:42 PM

Desmond slept horribly again, sigh. I swear the boy has a hollow leg though, he ate a dozen strawberries, salmon, broccoli, a dozen sweet potato fries, the rest of the strawberries and bananas Just tomatoes container, and 2 cookies yesterday evening, in addition to a couple of major (hour and a half plus) nursing sessions. He did sleep for 2 hours before waking rather then 1 hour, which was nice.

Oh his accomplishment of the day is he can put together his dulpos, he can't make anything but he can stack one on top of the other and make them stick. He still eats crayons though, so no drawing yet.

#147 of 531 Old 04-09-2008, 02:43 PM

Ok, guys , I wrote a big long thread and commented on everyone elses posts, but it didn't work. stupid mdc.
Axel's eye is swollen and red b/c he got a flea bite. Fleas love him and his body reacts. It's so sad.
It's windy here, we're going to get a storm. Our driveway is an extreme sport.

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 
#148 of 531 Old 04-09-2008, 03:48 PM

Yay, Arlo and Zenon!! Micah will only take about 2-4 steps at a time and only when he feels like it! It is wierd watching him move around like that...to think only a year ago he wasn't even here yet!! I'm getting anxious....

#149 of 531 Old 04-09-2008, 03:49 PM

Poor Axel!

We're suppose to get a foot of snow by Friday. :

don't the weather gods know that I have a birthday party to plan!

#150 of 531 Old 04-09-2008, 06:59 PM - Thread Starter

I got my exchange gift!!!!!! yay!!!
Hanno i love it all!!
see pictures Here

It is all perfect!!!
the record is awesome! we don't have a record player tho i might have to find one now! i think we may display it some how in her room if she ever gets a room lol i love that song and its the song on my myspace page!

Caroline is sick has an ear infection and her lungs didn't sound good to the dr her temp was 103 monday night she seems better today, Elizabeth has a fever and sore throat and Sam sounds like his throat hurts too.. uggg
but getting my gift made my day so much better!!

now i sent my gift to my partner almost 2 weeks ago it better arrive soon!! i might cry if it doesn't!!!

Susan, Mom to 4- Elizabeth 12, Hailey 9, Sammy 7, Caroline 3

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page