APRIL 2007 Mamas its APRIL ALREADY!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABIES!!! - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-13-2008, 10:12 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Survived the party! First I was pissed because when Dh finally rolled out of bed at 9:30 he had to leave to go get breakfast! What? I seriously can't finish up with stuff while holding Sophia in one hand. And you wonder why I complain about my back!! Did get everything done. Then the chaos began!

Lunch went well. I think we had plenty of food. Sophia ate before most of the guests finally showed up so Dh put her down for a nap because she was crabby. That allowed us to focus on Ellysia more. We hit the pinata around and then she got to open her presents. Then woke Sophia up and she watched her sisters open her presents before she got into it. Everyone was quite excited about the kitchen set and quite disappointed that it wasn't assembled. Then off to singing around the cakes. Sophia kept trying to touch her candle. Ellyisa really liked the singing so she had us light the candles one more time and sing again.

Sophia really didn't like the frosting. She liked her cake, but everytime she touched the frosting she would wipe it on her bib. Too funny. So no big face full of frosting for her.

Finally everyone left and Dh leaves to go running. I have everyone demanding that toys be opened and I'm exhausted. I'm so ready to be done with Claire's birthday in June! Then 8 months until the next. I pray if #5 makes an appearance that she have a June (or Feb) birthday so I can combine it with one of the others.

I will have to get the pictures down loaded. The Superwhy cake was quite cute. Now I need to write up the thank yous and get those in the mail before stamps go up in price!

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-13-2008, 10:18 PM - Thread Starter

looks great!!! congrats on selling!!! i hope ours will sell that fast when we get it on the market!! and we will be moving closer to you when we do!! since DH works in columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by arismomkoofie View Post
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABIES!

Our 1 year old has been standing A LOT, but no walkies yet! In other news, we have a contract on our condo! It is less then we wanted, but in this market we decided we would counter just a bit higher, and she took it. So we are walking out with less, but we think we found a house that will work for us. It is pretty cheap because it needs some work. House

Not too far from you, Sarah, but your pictures made me wanted to be closer to Lake Elkhorn (I assume that is where you take many of them). Atlas, it was not to be. The backyard is nice - it backs to a walking path, so we are not right on top of neighbors. It also looks like there are kids in the areas. Now, since I am posting it, I am sure with my luck the house will go under contract today!

The picture doesn't show it well, but the siding is snot green and aluminum. I think DH and I will soon learn how to side a house!

Susan, Mom to 4- Elizabeth 12, Hailey 9, Sammy 7, Caroline 3
Old 04-13-2008, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateSerj View Post
your so close to me today!! lol to bad we are ALL SICK now!! which farm will you go to? south mountain creamery? they are the only one that i know of that delivers milk

It is, but we didn't make it there today, we ran late and then didn't leave my grandmother in law's house till after they were closed. We may try again tomorrow after Desmond's doctor's appointment.

Quote:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABIES!

Our 1 year old has been standing A LOT, but no walkies yet! In other news, we have a contract on our condo! It is less then we wanted, but in this market we decided we would counter just a bit higher, and she took it. So we are walking out with less, but we think we found a house that will work for us. It is pretty cheap because it needs some work. House

Not too far from you, Sarah, but your pictures made me wanted to be closer to Lake Elkhorn (I assume that is where you take many of them). Atlas, it was not to be. The backyard is nice - it backs to a walking path, so we are not right on top of neighbors. It also looks like there are kids in the areas. Now, since I am posting it, I am sure with my luck the house will go under contract today!

The picture doesn't show it well, but the siding is snot green and aluminum. I think DH and I will soon learn how to side a house!
Actually we take most of the pictures at the soccer/football fields behind the Library which is about as close to that house as it is to ours. The lake is closer to my house (just across the street), but it tends to get crowded so if we want to let the dog run free or play ball we tend to go to the soccer fields.

That house is really close to us, it is about 1.2 miles away (on the road according the google maps). The giant in the town center is nice and has a decent organic and vegetarian selection especially since the start of the remodel. If you get that house you will be really close to us. It is a nice location since it is fairly easy to get to most stores you could need in the area.

Sarah nak.gif married to DH Dan (August 2001) dh_malesling.GIF and Mommy to DS Desmond (April 2007) pinktongue.gif, DD Eloise (March 2009) hearts.gif and Sullivan (March 29, 2011) babyboy.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.giflactivist.gifcd.giffamilybed2.gif
Old 04-13-2008, 11:46 PM - Thread Starter

it is only about 20 minutes away from me!!! if you don't go tomorrow let me know when you do get up here if we are healthy i would love to meet up with you there! at 4pm you can feed the animals i think! lol anyway kids are over this nasty cold but i have it now so i am not going anywhere for a few days! but your so close!!! by i had to say something!

[QUOTE=tabrizia;10980725]It is, but we didn't make it there today, we ran late and then didn't leave my grandmother in law's house till after they were closed. We may try again tomorrow after Desmond's doctor's appointment.

Old 04-14-2008, 12:01 AM

Darnit, I sprained my ankle by tripping down the stairs going to the basement
And I'm supposed to start work tomorrow. I feel terrible cause I'll have to call and tell my boss I can't go since I can't walk. And I wonder if he won't believe me and think I'm trying to stall my return.
Seriously though, am I that clumsy?? :

We had a lovely birthday for romi... Made carrot cake and had a BBQ supper. Decided not to give any gifts (we have enough stuff here, and she doesn't care) so it was simple but lovely
Old 04-14-2008, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doudat View Post
And I'm supposed to start work tomorrow. I feel terrible cause I'll have to call and tell my boss I can't go since I can't walk. And I wonder if he won't believe me and think I'm trying to stall my return.

We had a lovely birthday for romi... Made carrot cake and had a BBQ supper. Decided not to give any gifts (we have enough stuff here, and she doesn't care) so it was simple but lovely
ouch! that stinks....especially b/c you have to call in already tell me more about your job...i forgot to ask after you said what you did.
glad you had a lovely bday!

mama  to 3 farmboys (, & ) and 1 farmgirl ()
Old 04-14-2008, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclisa View Post
Survived the party! First I was pissed because when Dh finally rolled out of bed at 9:30 he had to leave to go get breakfast! What? I seriously can't finish up with stuff while holding Sophia in one hand. And you wonder why I complain about my back!! Did get everything done. Then the chaos began!

Lunch went well. I think we had plenty of food. Sophia ate before most of the guests finally showed up so Dh put her down for a nap because she was crabby. That allowed us to focus on Ellysia more. We hit the pinata around and then she got to open her presents. Then woke Sophia up and she watched her sisters open her presents before she got into it. Everyone was quite excited about the kitchen set and quite disappointed that it wasn't assembled. Then off to singing around the cakes. Sophia kept trying to touch her candle. Ellyisa really liked the singing so she had us light the candles one more time and sing again.

Sophia really didn't like the frosting. She liked her cake, but everytime she touched the frosting she would wipe it on her bib. Too funny. So no big face full of frosting for her.

Finally everyone left and Dh leaves to go running. I have everyone demanding that toys be opened and I'm exhausted. I'm so ready to be done with Claire's birthday in June! Then 8 months until the next. I pray if #5 makes an appearance that she have a June (or Feb) birthday so I can combine it with one of the others.

I will have to get the pictures down loaded. The Superwhy cake was quite cute. Now I need to write up the thank yous and get those in the mail before stamps go up in price!
can't wait to see the cake! sounds like a tiring day! but i'm glad it went well.

Old 04-14-2008, 12:06 AM

Quote:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABIES!

congrats on the house! yay! and the one you are looking at looks great!

Old 04-14-2008, 12:20 AM

Happy Birthday Babies!!!! Aww...what a nice day for you all to share- what a great day it was 1 year ago when you all joined us!!

Evangeline is pretty much walking, she takes several steps without prompting. She also has cut another tooth between her 'vampire' teeth, and today she climbed the full flight of (open) stairs. woohoo to toddlerhood!

Dealing with stink issues still- diapers- even after a serious stripping. It's much reduced, but does it mean I'll have to do it again?? Help!

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 
Old 04-14-2008, 12:28 AM

Quote:

That sucks, but only sort of- but I clumsy enough to do that! I hope that you can stay home- I think he'll believe you!

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 
Old 04-14-2008, 12:52 AM - Thread Starter

how long does it take to ship to Canada? i ordered my partners gift and had it shipped directly to them i am getting impatient!! i ordered it like the 27th of march.... it is coming from the US but it feel like it is taking to long!!

Old 04-14-2008, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateSerj View Post
how long does it take to ship to Canada? i ordered my partners gift and had it shipped directly to them i am getting impatient!! i ordered it like the 27th of march.... it is coming from the US but it feel like it is taking to long!!
It can take little or long. 2 weeks is the norm. So don't worry too much!
Old 04-14-2008, 11:00 AM

Congrats on the house arismomkoofie!! Looks great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of my Castle View Post
Evangeline is pretty much walking, she takes several steps without prompting. She also has cut another tooth between her 'vampire' teeth, and today she climbed the full flight of (open) stairs. woohoo to toddlerhood!

Dealing with stink issues still- diapers- even after a serious stripping. It's much reduced, but does it mean I'll have to do it again?? Help!
Hurray for Eva! Isn't it the cutest?? I love to see babies walk, the legs far apart and they look so proud! Romi is now walking pretty much all the time, but still crawls from time to time.

Stink: I hate to say it, but bleach is the only solution after trying everything... I'm getting ammonia smell in her night diapers now (darn toddler pee ) and bleach is my last resort, but works every time. 1/4 cup and then rinse, rinse, rinse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclisa View Post
How sweet! Romi only ate frosting... But we took no pictures, we were too busy trying to deal with an angry Liam who was expecting chocolate cake for some reason, and we had made carrot cake.
Old 04-14-2008, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krismarie View Post
ouch! that stinks....especially b/c you have to call in already tell me more about your job...i forgot to ask after you said what you did.
glad you had a lovely bday!
I'm keeping my leg elevated. Yesterday I was walking on it, not really thinking it was sprained, but I guess that was stupid cause it started swelling really bad last night. I called my boss (he's on vacation) and told him the news. Oh well.

Job: I work for the federal government... I look for, investigate, and file suits against people that fraud the employment insurance program and social insurance number frauds (equivalent of your social security number)... So I spend my days looking at cases of possible fraud, go on the road to spy on people, interview them, that sort of stuff. I'm like a gov't issued detective. Without the gun
Old 04-14-2008, 01:56 PM

Well, there is a measles "outbreak" in Guelph. 3 confirmed cases. I have to be honest, I'm feeling a bit freaked out because Arlo is just getting over RSV and rotavirus! He's had no vaxes. I'd love to hear some opinions. Frankly, I'm scared to get him vaxed and I'm scared of him getting measles right now!

A

Mama to Finn (04/05) Arlo (04/07) and Henry (04/10)
Old 04-14-2008, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finn'smama View Post
Well, there is a measles "outbreak" in Guelph. 3 confirmed cases. I have to be honest, I'm feeling a bit freaked out because Arlo is just getting over RSV and rotavirus! He's had no vaxes. I'd love to hear some opinions. Frankly, I'm scared to get him vaxed and I'm scared of him getting measles right now!

A
that is stressful--i'd be too. there was whooping cough around here a while back--and as you all know, we had a crappy winter with illness and it was right after zenon had pneumonia...i was stressed. several of our friends' kids got it. i just didn't want to see my babe with it... zenon did get vaxed.
can you keep him away from people for a while??

Old 04-14-2008, 03:41 PM

Quote:
I'm keeping my leg elevated. Yesterday I was walking on it, not really thinking it was sprained, but I guess that was stupid cause it started swelling really bad last night. I called my boss (he's on vacation) and told him the news. Oh well.

Job: I work for the federal government... I look for, investigate, and file suits against people that fraud the employment insurance program and social insurance number frauds (equivalent of your social security number)... So I spend my days looking at cases of possible fraud, go on the road to spy on people, interview them, that sort of stuff. I'm like a gov't issued detective. Without the gun
sounds like an interesting job!

Old 04-14-2008, 03:53 PM
Banned

Quote:

Okay, that is pretty kick I was an English teacher... the most I did was see if a kid had plagiarized an essay!

Sophie is all over the place with napping, but I'm hoping now that maaaybe she's pooping more regularly again (she's been eating a lot more regularly) she'll settle back down to SOME routine. I don't care if it's one nap a day, just let me know if it's gonna be 10am or 1pm!!!

She's got lots of new signs and words, like fish and wash hands, but my favorite is that she learned to sign and say Nonna, which is my mom

I put her bike together and I'm working on party plans... what are everyone's best ideas? I already made a slideshow of pics and some videos with music to have on during the party (it's like 84 minutes!) and it's just family, hardly any kids. Any other tips/traditions/decoration ideas? She's one the Wednesday after this, and the party is the next Saturday, so I've got a while.
Old 04-14-2008, 04:06 PM

(((doudat))) hope your ankle is doing better, though maybe all those causing fraud hope you stay home a bit longer!

I'd keep the party pretty simple because at one, you really don't need much. If we weren't having a 5 yr old party, I wouldn't have done the pinata.

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
Old 04-14-2008, 04:37 PM

Hey guys! every time I try to post it doesn't work- mdc sure has been tempermental! It's Eva's birthday today- we didn't do a thing!
Finn'smama- I might be worried too...I don't know what to say!
Aris'mommy, hope it works out! That place looked nice!

Old 04-14-2008, 04:43 PM

ok, seriously- I can't post for the life of me! something always goes wrong!!
Eva turned one today! that's all the effort I have....

Old 04-14-2008, 04:56 PM

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...7#post10985837

I posted Zenon's birth story-- though I didn't really reread it. Maybe I should go do that...

Old 04-14-2008, 07:34 PM

DH was home today since we had Desmond's 1 year appointment. It went well, the doctor didn't even ask if we were still nursing, asked which way his carseat was, and when I said rear just noted that it had to be changed when it outgrew it by weight or height. She wasn't even bad about his shots, he got his 6 month DTaP today, I told her we were holding off on the MMR till at least 2 and even then we were separating them, and that we would continue the slow every 2 to 3 months schedule we had now to get him his shots (with holding off on HepA and B till 10 or 12 and not doing Chicken Pox or Hib).

He finished the developmental sheet that they had us fill out, too bad it goes till 2, so we won't get another one to fill out till then, oh well we can work on the one no we had on the sheet (we haven't tried him with a regular cup yet).

He was 23 pounds 6 ounces and 30 inches, which is 50% for weight and 75% for height, which is decent, he's dropped from the 90% he was at, but we didn't expect him to stay there based on DH and me anyways.

Other then that we went to south mountain creamery after the appointment and bought some stuff, we do plan to go back and take the tour, feed the calves and such another day. We wanted to get the milk though to try it to see if we want deliver or not, so now we have it to try (and ice cream, mmm ice cream).

Sarah nak.gif married to DH Dan (August 2001) dh_malesling.GIF and Mommy to DS Desmond (April 2007) pinktongue.gif, DD Eloise (March 2009) hearts.gif and Sullivan (March 29, 2011) babyboy.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.giflactivist.gifcd.giffamilybed2.gif
Old 04-14-2008, 10:38 PM

I just finished updating my blog. So pictures from his party and of him being mischievous last night have been posted as well as his weight and height from birth to now.

Old 04-14-2008, 10:48 PM

We put our offer in and we'll hear back by Thursday. I'm excited with the thought of getting the house because it has a nice backyard and one of the few lower priced houses in the area. DH and I talked about me being a SAHM but then we'd have to stay in the condo, and I said NO! I'm hoping that with a low mortgage, We can have a house and I can be a SAHM (and have #3). If we don't get the house, I think I can lie with it. It is small (meaning our king sized bed will be a tight fit) and it needs some work and updating and new siding. It's also not quite the location I would like.

Abby's big think is stacking, so I kept this in mind when I shopped for our "secret giftee" I'm thinking about posting the tracking #, just in case, because so far the site doesn't say where it is going to (hehehe). It is shipped through DHL from the source, and I haven't used them before. Any thoughts about this? I also got a tag from the USPS today about a package. Hopefully if I sign for it they will leave it tomorrow... perhaps it is from our gifter?

In other news, Abby is now in size large diapers overnight (still Med for her fuzzi bunz). Anyone else move up a size? Now I need new covers... Also, for STINKY diapers, has any one tried using more detergent? I used to use just a bit and they stank. after stripping, I started using more, and the stink hasn't returned too much...

ETA: Desmond is so cute climbing in and out - he looks so happy doing it!
Old 04-15-2008, 02:47 AM

Quote:
We put our offer in and we'll hear back by Thursday. I'm excited with the thought of getting the house because it has a nice backyard and one of the few lower priced houses in the area. DH and I talked about me being a SAHM but then we'd have to stay in the condo, and I said NO! I'm hoping that with a low mortgage, We can have a house and I can be a SAHM (and have #3). If we don't get the house, I think I can lie with it. It is small (meaning our king sized bed will be a tight fit) and it needs some work and updating and new siding. It's also not quite the location I would like.

Abby's big think is stacking, so I kept this in mind when I shopped for our "secret giftee" I'm thinking about posting the tracking #, just in case, because so far the site doesn't say where it is going to (hehehe). It is shipped through DHL from the source, and I haven't used them before. Any thoughts about this? I also got a tag from the USPS today about a package. Hopefully if I sign for it they will leave it tomorrow... perhaps it is from our gifter?

In other news, Abby is now in size large diapers overnight (still Med for her fuzzi bunz). Anyone else move up a size? Now I need new covers... Also, for STINKY diapers, has any one tried using more detergent? I used to use just a bit and they stank. after stripping, I started using more, and the stink hasn't returned too much...

ETA: Desmond is so cute climbing in and out - he looks so happy doing it!

Hopefully you get the house, it would be neat having you live nearby. I really like this area it is a nice area to live in and the lake is great and has a nice playground (which I still need to take Desmond to so he can explore it).

As for diapers depending on the brand we moved up to some larges awhile ago and even extra larges. Desmond is using extra large Dream-Eze Bamboo diapers at bed time. Fortunately I didn't need new covers since he wears longies and shorties and I had them made big when I got them. The extra-larges are still large, but he fits them on the bottom edge of the range. He fits in larges of various types fairly well. I am actually really happy since he hasn't outgrown any diapers in the last 2 months or so, and we were really thinking he was going to outgrow his daytime diapers. Fortunately he slimed down with all his walking so we haven't had to buy more. I'm on a no new diaper spending freeze for the next few months.

Old 04-15-2008, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Weird, your posts appeared this morning, but weren't there last night :

::HAPPY BIRTHDAY EVA & ZENON ::
Old 04-15-2008, 08:35 AM

Quote:
I use more as well now... Cause I know my diapers are not in need of being stripped, I never see suds in my machine! I use Borax too. But even with more detergent, I still get the nasty ammonia in her night diapers sometimes (Baby Beehinds) so bleach is my last recourse.
As for being in Larges, yep, Romi's been in Large for quite a few months now, except for Fuzzi Bunz too.
Let me know if you want me to grab you some bigger covers
Old 04-15-2008, 09:50 AM

Quote:
I've been having issues too...:

:Happy Birthday Eva and Happy Birthday Zenon!!!!:

Mama to Finn (04/05) Arlo (04/07) and Henry (04/10)
Old 04-15-2008, 10:19 AM

I forgot Zenon!!! Off to edit my post... :

User Tag List