APRIL 2007 Mamas its APRIL ALREADY!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABIES!!! - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#241 of 531 Old 04-15-2008, 11:17 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by finn'smama View Post
bolding mine-it's that that keeps us going, yk. There are times when dp drives me totally insane (and not in a cute way!) but he loves me and is such a completely devoted father. But boy oh boy, sometimes....(like right now he's sighing loudly at me for being on MDC and not paying attention to him)

A
I hear ya...and I'm sure mine is doing that same sighing, but he's upstairs so I can't hear him!

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 
#242 of 531 Old 04-15-2008, 11:20 PM

doudat- where are you?
I know, you got the soaker for me and you decided to keep it, so you're not talking! that's cold, girl!:

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 
#243 of 531 Old 04-15-2008, 11:22 PM

It seems like most of our babies birthdays are smooshed into the past few days!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arismomkoofie View Post
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABIES!

Our 1 year old has been standing A LOT, but no walkies yet! In other news, we have a contract on our condo! It is less then we wanted, but in this market we decided we would counter just a bit higher, and she took it. So we are walking out with less, but we think we found a house that will work for us. It is pretty cheap because it needs some work. House
Looks like a pretty great house. My favourite part is the name of the 'way'. It's very difficult to say without smiling

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxiMom View Post
Happy Birthday, babes!! Glad we're back!

hanno - hope the dedication went well today!
Thank you It was pretty great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclisa View Post
Sophia really didn't like the frosting. She liked her cake, but everytime she touched the frosting she would wipe it on her bib. Too funny. So no big face full of frosting for her.
Cute! The frosting was the only part Ion ate and I even bothered to make his personal cake with breastmilk!
Quote:
Originally Posted by doudat View Post
Darnit, I sprained my ankle by tripping down the stairs going to the basement
And I'm supposed to start work tomorrow. I feel terrible cause I'll have to call and tell my boss I can't go since I can't walk. And I wonder if he won't believe me and think I'm trying to stall my return.
Seriously though, am I that clumsy?? :

We had a lovely birthday for romi... Made carrot cake and had a BBQ supper. Decided not to give any gifts (we have enough stuff here, and she doesn't care) so it was simple but lovely
OUCH! I hope it's better soon. Romi's day sounds really nice and cozy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabrizia View Post
I just finished updating my blog. So pictures from his party and of him being mischievous last night have been posted as well as his weight and height from birth to now.
Cute!
Quote:
I got my gift, I got my gift (ok, ok, romi's gift!):

Ultimate: THANK YOU!!!!!!!!! :
It's so funny cause last night I was thinking I should get a doll for romi to sleep with, and guess what appears in my mailbox with a card written in french no less?

This little cutie!!!
What a fantastic doll!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by krismarie View Post
oh my fricken goodness...my dh is driving me CRAZY. i don't write about this much here...but he drives me crazy all the time and today i just can't take it. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr : : i'm so envious of all of you who seem to have such healthy relationships.
I'm always jealous of everyone else's great relationships too--I even thought yours seemed dreamy. Looks can be deceiving. I love my husband so much but we do best as snuggly co-parenting best friends. It seems that when we are any more intimate, I expect a greater emotional connection and he's just not that kind of person. He's home from his walk now, time to click send...
I'll be back tomorrow with how we're doing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of my Castle View Post
Well- that was dissapointing! There were these lovely soakers and shorties and first the cart crashed then it came back up but everything sold out! I was hoping to get one for Evangeline's birthday!

Dh- yes, mine drives me absolutely batty too! We actually have a very dynamic relationship- sometimes we're at each others' throats, but I love him anyway. We're funny- I always think of the Cowboy Junkies song 'Misguided Angel' becuase it reminds me of Chad. He has some character flaws (I don't, of course) that I recognize, but I love him above them- sure they drive me nuts sometimes but it's ok, that's what a relationship is, right? I am constantly thankful for a loving husband, who has a good heart and adores our chidren, even if he's incredibly pig-headed, messy and annoying...haha....
Now that song will be in my head for a week
#244 of 531 Old 04-15-2008, 11:36 PM

Queen, i couldn't get on MDC after my post and had no idea what you wanted... Sorry.
I just got 2 WCW soakers from 2 stockings ago so I'm in soaker heaven right now. 2 Luxe, 2 WCW, 2 Royal Buns. So I'm good for now. And since romi's daycare said no on cd, I'm stopping the insanity. No more. Niet. Nada. I'm selling a bunch of my pockets and simplifying.:

And Kris, really, no wool??? I love wool. No leaks in the morning ever. Lovely I put wool over pockets too. Now that it's getting warmer out, we don't wear longies as much, but soakers are still a staple here.
#245 of 531 Old 04-15-2008, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanno View Post
It seems like most of our babies birthdays are smooshed into the past few days!!

I'm always jealous of everyone else's great relationships too--I even thought yours seemed dreamy. Looks can be deceiving. I love my husband so much but we do best as snuggly co-parenting best friends. It seems that when we are any more intimate, I expect a greater emotional connection and he's just not that kind of person. He's home from his walk now, time to click send...
I'll be back tomorrow with how we're doing.

Now that song will be in my head for a week
haha, me too.
Maybe there was a full moon or something! No, that was the week before, I remember.

We're opposite. We don't do great as the best friends kind of thing, we're more the hot and cold lovers, with a love-hate relationship of brother/sister (sorry, hope that's not creeepy, you know what I mean- sometimes we just tolerate each other). Chad's not always that communicative, and I end up being independant and having my communication etc needs met elsewehere. We're bound to each other but don't always get along, and that's ok.
Speaking of, I know he'll want me up to bed soon.

We had Eva's party tonight. It was cute! Just family, and ice cream cake. She loved it!

#246 of 531 Old 04-15-2008, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Queen, i couldn't get on MDC after my post and had no idea what you wanted... Sorry.
I just got 2 WCW soakers from 2 stockings ago so I'm in soaker heaven right now. 2 Luxe, 2 WCW, 2 Royal Buns. So I'm good for now. And since romi's daycare said no on cd, I'm stopping the insanity. No more. Niet. Nada. I'm selling a bunch of my pockets and simplifying.:

And Kris, really, no wool??? I love wool. No leaks in the morning ever. Lovely I put wool over pockets too. Now that it's getting warmer out, we don't wear longies as much, but soakers are still a staple here.
No problem! There are more stockings soon- so I won't give up. It's always so sad though when you don't get something you liked though!! So jealous of your stash!! (I have 2 luxe, 2 loveybums (one fleece) 2 knit that will be too small, one kiwipie wrap and one babyit'syou.) I love our wcw longies, but we need summer stuff! Also, I just love their name. I'm a sucker for 'what the wild things wear'. Those are my kids.

#247 of 531 Old 04-15-2008, 11:46 PM - Thread Starter

hmm i haven't done wool before either but i am wondering if i should try some now!! the wcw and it looks so nice!!! i wish it wasn't so expensive!!

Susan, Mom to 4- Elizabeth 12, Hailey 9, Sammy 7, Caroline 3
#248 of 531 Old 04-16-2008, 12:01 AM

Hanno -- that was a MONSTER MULTI QUOTE!!! I am amazed!

Quote:
Scarlet loves to climb into boxes and loves a new/old rocking chair we got, it worries me sometimes when she stands up in it. Oh yeah, and she now loves to pinch me when she's nursing - ouchy.
I'm getting pinched and stroked and grabbed EVERY single time she's nursing!! I'm getting sick of it. I feel too "grabbed" to feel like cuddling with DH.

Ari'smom -- I hope the house works out... Fingers crossed (not going to try to find the smile-y with the few minutes I have to even post)

We just tried this NO-knead (!) bread today -- it's pretty good for like 15 minutes of work...and then waiting http://youtube.com/watch?v=13Ah9ES2yTU
It's sooo easy, and tastes just like bakery bread. I wish it were healthier though, I'm going to try variations using half whole wheat flour/half white flour.

We're gearing up for Savannah's party, I've never really done a party before, so I feel like I'm forgetting stuff. We'll see how it goes -- party's for the 27th. With my immediate family and DH's immediate family we'll for sure have 21 guests. My grandparents and my cousin and his family might make it close to 30. Scary.

I wish I had more time to spend here!!! It's so supportive... but now I've got a walker (video on my blog http://rivkajean.blogspot.com/2008/0...ng-around.html ) and we've got yeast issues again, VERY bad thrush and sorta bad diaper rash. We've almost beat it... I think.

Savannah's so cute, she's such a doll...my little baby's getting big! She's still small for her age though, about 18-19 lbs. Anyhow, I'm rambling...I'll try to be back to post her birth story later this month.

So well wishes to ALL the April babies!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY to all (that way I don't miss anyone!)

Wife to J. Mama to girly S (4/07), little boy blue E (1/10) and tiny peanut girl due (7/12)

#249 of 531 Old 04-16-2008, 03:29 AM

Happy Birthday to my Valerie! It is hard to believe that she's a year old already.

:
#250 of 531 Old 04-16-2008, 08:45 AM

Quote:
What! drop Kris! I thought you'd be all over wool!
Quote:
aren't you a knitter?????!!?

yes, yes, i know... ok. i need to try wool. i just didn't know where to start.

bolding mine-it's that that keeps us going, yk. There are times when dp drives me totally insane (and not in a cute way!) but he loves me and is such a completely devoted father. But boy oh boy, sometimes....(like right now he's sighing loudly at me for being on MDC and not paying attention to him)

A
oh brother...ya..i have to squeeze in mdc when he's not around

Quote:
doudat- where are you?
I know, you got the soaker for me and you decided to keep it, so you're not talking! that's cold, girl!:

Quote:

ok. where should i start???

Quote:
haha, me too.
Maybe there was a full moon or something! No, that was the week before, I remember.

We're opposite. We don't do great as the best friends kind of thing, we're more the hot and cold lovers, with a love-hate relationship of brother/sister (sorry, hope that's not creeepy, you know what I mean- sometimes we just tolerate each other). Chad's not always that communicative, and I end up being independant and having my communication etc needs met elsewehere. We're bound to each other but don't always get along, and that's ok.
Speaking of, I know he'll want me up to bed soon.

We had Eva's party tonight. It was cute! Just family, and ice cream cake. She loved it!
that sounds great! i think zenon would have eaten ice cream cake.
we are not really best friends and not really hot/cold lovers either. we're nothing??? (just kidding...i don't think it's that bad). he does communicate but i find that we don't have a lot in common and i have to meet my best friend needs in other ways. and since i have no sex drive, we aren't really lovers either...plus he drives me nuts and kills any sex drive i have. :

Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaMama View Post
Happy Birthday to my Valerie! It is hard to believe that she's a year old already.

:
Happy Birthday!!!

mama  to 3 farmboys (, & ) and 1 farmgirl ()
#251 of 531 Old 04-16-2008, 08:47 AM

Quote:
i know! i didn't remember when all our babes were born but several were born so close!

#252 of 531 Old 04-16-2008, 09:19 AM

[quote=krismarie;10999677]

we are not really best friends and not really hot/cold lovers either. we're nothing??? (just kidding...i don't think it's that bad). he does communicate but i find that we don't have a lot in common and i have to meet my best friend needs in other ways. and since i have no sex drive, we aren't really lovers either...plus he drives me nuts and kills any sex drive i have. :
quote]

I'm surprised! I gathered you guys had a pretty lovey relationship- Chad and I don't have a lot in common either. Has this just been a rough time for you?

#253 of 531 Old 04-16-2008, 09:31 AM

Quote:

:
Happy Birthday Valerie!!

Kris, this is the first soaker that I made and it's easy peasy and works great. It knits up quick too. And more s to you. I think having babies is so hard on a relationship. I'm not sure what dp and I have in common anymore, because some days we barely even talk, yk? I feel like we're just treading water. We had kids really early in our relationship, so I guess we're waiting till they're a bit older to get to know each other! We went from being total hot and horny, party animals to being pregnant in 8 months. I really could go on and on, but the kids want me to come and play with them

A

Mama to Finn (04/05) Arlo (04/07) and Henry (04/10)
#254 of 531 Old 04-16-2008, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Happy Birthday Valerie!!

Kris, this is the first soaker that I made and it's easy peasy and works great. It knits up quick too. And more s to you. I think having babies is so hard on a relationship. I'm not sure what dp and I have in common anymore, because some days we barely even talk, yk? I feel like we're just treading water. We had kids really early in our relationship, so I guess we're waiting till they're a bit older to get to know each other! We went from being total hot and horny, party animals to being pregnant in 8 months. I really could go on and on, but the kids want me to come and play with them

A
haha same here... 9mo after we got together...but we dated and then stop dating and we're just pals for a year before that. he's going through some big changes right now...involving religion and his lifestyle/etc and i'm sorta ok with it but not when he projects it on my lifestyle/etc.

#255 of 531 Old 04-16-2008, 12:16 PM

speaking of dh's...mine is busy all day, then has church tonight...so i think today will be better. i already bathed the kids, we're cleaning the house and then we are going to just have fun!

#256 of 531 Old 04-16-2008, 12:52 PM

Thanks Arismom!!
we love our stacker!!! it's funny b/c i just donated our melissa and doug one b/c we are getting rid of some of those toys-- zenon had no stacker! then i saw you post about stacking and thought--oh that would have been a great bday gift for zenon (no idea you had us!)
it's beautiful! thanks!

attack of the chocolate monster...(he was trying to nurse!)
happy birthday zenon!
playing his new banjo with his friend rowan

#257 of 531 Old 04-16-2008, 01:32 PM

zenon is so cute kris! I have to get some birthday pics up...

can i rant for a minute here?? *imagines everyone nodding sympathetically*

So I have a great friend with a ds 6 months younger than Finn. We play together a few times a week. She has another ds who is 8, so she has been through it all once before. She is veeeeerrrry gd, which is great, and I aspire to be as gd as I can, but today at the park I nearly lost it on her! Finn has started playing this game when it's time to go where he runs away, laughing maniacally while I get madder and madder. Anyway, finally (after he gets knocked in the head by a swing) I just pick him up and strap him in the stroller, all the while he is screaming and throwing the wildest tantrum you can imagine. So, my dear gentle friend is saying "oh Finn, do you want a cracker??" all sweet and he's screaming and I just wanna get the hell outta there, yk?? Then as we walk out she says to me "you know, sometimes when they want to go on the slide (or whatever) instead of saying no, you can say 'I know the slide is a lot of fun isn't it?'" Grrrrrrrr! I just looked at her and said, "no, sometimes he just needs to be told no. That's it. I don't have the time to always try to reason with him." Which I don't...I have two kids to think about, so life does not revolve around Finn. I mean what else can you do sometimes?? She's a great friend really and usually I love that she's really straight with me, but today, I'd had it!
Sorry about that, but I had to get it off my chest. I guess I should put it in the gd forum, but I'm scared!:

Mama to Finn (04/05) Arlo (04/07) and Henry (04/10)
#258 of 531 Old 04-16-2008, 01:43 PM

Oh heck, now that I'm here I can't remember what I had to say - ugh, I'm tired already.

Scarlet was screaming yesterday from teeth, I wish the new ones would break through already! Consequently, it took her forever to go to sleep last night, and of course, awake at 7am. However, dh is out this morning, so I'm able to clean the house and air it out a bit - get this sickies out.

Well, my story with dh is that we were together for several years before we finally settled down and kids definitely take their toll on the relationship - I'm just so tied up with them all the time. But he has also been stressed about work and he's a worrier anyway, so I think he's the one without any sex drive. I'm hoping that he'll feel better with not smoking and have a bit more stamina .

Cute pics, kris! I have a couple of woolies and do like them. But I need some lanolin soap!

Happy Birthday, Valerie!

Am I the only one that didn't have a little party for my one year old? : She did have some cake from dh's birthday (no party for him either) and we did sing her "Happy Birthday" at Max's request, but that was about it, I was tired from traveling.
#259 of 531 Old 04-16-2008, 02:14 PM

Quote:
No problem! There are more stockings soon- so I won't give up. It's always so sad though when you don't get something you liked though!! So jealous of your stash!! (I have 2 luxe, 2 loveybums (one fleece) 2 knit that will be too small, one kiwipie wrap and one babyit'syou.) I love our wcw longies, but we need summer stuff! Also, I just love their name. I'm a sucker for 'what the wild things wear'. Those are my kids.
I just saw she is stocking a couple of times this week and next. I need to stalk her now. I need at least one more pair of shorties for Desmond for summer. We have a pair of her longies and they are nice. So hopefully I'll be able to get something during one of the stockings. It looks like my Sweet Tea Soakers are going to take longer then expected, so I may end up having them made for an infant (not that we are expecting, but we likely will be before too long).

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateSerj View Post
hmm i haven't done wool before either but i am wondering if i should try some now!! the wcw and it looks so nice!!! i wish it wasn't so expensive!!
I love wool, it is great. I'm actually planning to go to the Sheep and Wool Festival to get some so I can have custom shorties or longies made. Wool is just so nice, Desmond tends to wear his 3 pairs of longies out and about all winter long since it was so easy to throw them on over a diaper and they are cute and don't need to be swapped out often.

Quote:

:

Happy Birthday Valerie!

Desmond went to bed at 10:30 last night! He slept till 2am and then again till 6am, which was decent. He has a big red spot on his thigh from his DTaP, poor baby, but it is some what better today. He was really fussy yesterday and doesn't seem to be much better today. This is why I like to wait a couple of months between shots and only do them one or two at a time. I hate having a miserable baby.

As for DH stuff, DH and I get along really well, and he rarely gets on my nerves. He is just such a help and great guy.

Sarah nak.gif married to DH Dan (August 2001) dh_malesling.GIF and Mommy to DS Desmond (April 2007) pinktongue.gif, DD Eloise (March 2009) hearts.gif and Sullivan (March 29, 2011) babyboy.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.giflactivist.gifcd.giffamilybed2.gif
#260 of 531 Old 04-16-2008, 02:21 PM

Quote:

So I have a great friend with a ds 6 months younger than Finn. We play together a few times a week. She has another ds who is 8, so she has been through it all once before. She is veeeeerrrry gd, which is great, and I aspire to be as gd as I can, but today at the park I nearly lost it on her! Finn has started playing this game when it's time to go where he runs away, laughing maniacally while I get madder and madder. Anyway, finally (after he gets knocked in the head by a swing) I just pick him up and strap him in the stroller, all the while he is screaming and throwing the wildest tantrum you can imagine. So, my dear gentle friend is saying "oh Finn, do you want a cracker??" all sweet and he's screaming and I just wanna get the hell outta there, yk?? Then as we walk out she says to me "you know, sometimes when they want to go on the slide (or whatever) instead of saying no, you can say 'I know the slide is a lot of fun isn't it?'" Grrrrrrrr! I just looked at her and said, "no, sometimes he just needs to be told no. That's it. I don't have the time to always try to reason with him." Which I don't...I have two kids to think about, so life does not revolve around Finn. I mean what else can you do sometimes?? She's a great friend really and usually I love that she's really straight with me, but today, I'd had it!
Sorry about that, but I had to get it off my chest. I guess I should put it in the gd forum, but I'm scared!:
oh how frustrating! you have to say no sometimes! i'm glad that you told her. and there are all days where we quicker to do so...i'm beat today and have little patience

Quote:
Oh heck, now that I'm here I can't remember what I had to say - ugh, I'm tired already.

Scarlet was screaming yesterday from teeth, I wish the new ones would break through already! Consequently, it took her forever to go to sleep last night, and of course, awake at 7am. However, dh is out this morning, so I'm able to clean the house and air it out a bit - get this sickies out.

Well, my story with dh is that we were together for several years before we finally settled down and kids definitely take their toll on the relationship - I'm just so tied up with them all the time. But he has also been stressed about work and he's a worrier anyway, so I think he's the one without any sex drive. I'm hoping that he'll feel better with not smoking and have a bit more stamina .

Cute pics, kris! I have a couple of woolies and do like them. But I need some lanolin soap!

Happy Birthday, Valerie!

Am I the only one that didn't have a little party for my one year old? : She did have some cake from dh's birthday (no party for him either) and we did sing her "Happy Birthday" at Max's request, but that was about it, I was tired from traveling.
we didn't really have a party...just our "vt family" over for lunch.
how funny--i can't imagine life with a dh that wasn't trying to get a piece all the time (is there a dreamy smiley)...

#261 of 531 Old 04-16-2008, 02:48 PM - Thread Starter

I know exactly what you mean! i have several friends like your friends! but with 4 kids i just say NO to things i don't have to give them a reason, other then its time to go.

i do try to give them warnings that we will be leaving but my one rule is that if you like the place we are at when its time to leave its time to leave and if you give me trouble we simply won't come back at all... i sometimes as i am trying to get them to leave have to remind them of that rule...

Quote:

#262 of 531 Old 04-16-2008, 03:20 PM

On Saturday night we went to Howell for what Kamrin and I thought was going to be a nice quiet close family dinner to honour the anniversary of great-grandpa's death. It seems like it's easier to focus on babies though, because when we go there there were presents and balloons everywhere for Ion. It was really fun and he and Kaia got to hang out in their birthday suits and Ion opened things and played and we held hands and ate.
Ion and uncle Kevin
He got a cool tractor with a trailer that carries jugs of (soy) milk, a dragon kite, great books and bubbles. MIL and FIL did get disposable plates with licensed characters which we weren't thrilled about and they got some battery operated plastic stuff that they did ask about before giving it to Ion (MUCH appreciated) and we tried to tell them we didn't want them as politely as possible, without preaching all the reasons. We said we're going to try to keep his toys natural for now and see how it goes in the future. He also got the major gift of a trike which I really thought was made it Germany, but no, China of course We didn't end up getting home until 2 am and with the dedication the next morning we needed to get to bed.

The dedication was so good. Friends and family came to the front of the church and Ion was hilarious. When the minister spoke of him he raised his hand to the congregation, paused very seriously and raspberried loudly at everyone! The whole place cracked up. Looks like we may have a future minister (or politician ) on our hands. He ate the rose he was given too After service we went upstairs and had a nice party with cake (before and after) and more gifts. He got his very own broom, more books, toys and a handmade hedgehog by a really great friend. It was really nice to be surrounded with love and family and friends. Afterward, we passed out from exhaustion.

Monday we had a doctor's appointment with both babies. The exam rooms are small and we had the babies and the parents and the doctor and a student and the nurse. It was a baby party all over again. The doctor didn't have any concerns about is size or speech (or lack of both) and he was very interested in the WHO charts because he noticed that breastfed babies really don't follow the same curve. Kaia and Ion were declared perfect and well-adjusted No pressure about vaccines, just suggesting maybe if we were traveling out of country.

After that we went shopping, peed in the yard, found amazing and surprising gifts and books in the mail, went to the park where my brave boy went down the slide by himself laughing his butt off and being caught alternately by all the older children there. Phew! We then went home and made pirogies and called it good!
#263 of 531 Old 04-16-2008, 03:35 PM

Quote:
After service we went upstairs and had a nice party with cake (before and after)
Great photos of before and after Sounds like you all had a wonderful time

Mom to, Cassi,, 25 yo daughter, 4 yo twins, Carson & Camryn 3 yo Caitlyn and my wonderful 14 yo neice, Carlie
#264 of 531 Old 04-16-2008, 05:11 PM

Quote:
On Saturday night we went to Howell for what Kamrin and I thought was going to be a nice quiet close family dinner to honour the anniversary of great-grandpa's death. It seems like it's easier to focus on babies though, because when we go there there were presents and balloons everywhere for Ion. It was really fun and he and Kaia got to hang out in their birthday suits and Ion opened things and played and we held hands and ate.
Ion and uncle Kevin
He got a cool tractor with a trailer that carries jugs of (soy) milk, a dragon kite, great books and bubbles. MIL and FIL did get disposable plates with licensed characters which we weren't thrilled about and they got some battery operated plastic stuff that they did ask about before giving it to Ion (MUCH appreciated) and we tried to tell them we didn't want them as politely as possible, without preaching all the reasons. We said we're going to try to keep his toys natural for now and see how it goes in the future. He also got the major gift of a trike which I really thought was made it Germany, but no, China of course We didn't end up getting home until 2 am and with the dedication the next morning we needed to get to bed.

The dedication was so good. Friends and family came to the front of the church and Ion was hilarious. When the minister spoke of him he raised his hand to the congregation, paused very seriously and raspberried loudly at everyone! The whole place cracked up. Looks like we may have a future minister (or politician ) on our hands. He ate the rose he was given too After service we went upstairs and had a nice party with cake (before and after) and more gifts. He got his very own broom, more books, toys and a handmade hedgehog by a really great friend. It was really nice to be surrounded with love and family and friends. Afterward, we passed out from exhaustion.

Monday we had a doctor's appointment with both babies. The exam rooms are small and we had the babies and the parents and the doctor and a student and the nurse. It was a baby party all over again. The doctor didn't have any concerns about is size or speech (or lack of both) and he was very interested in the WHO charts because he noticed that breastfed babies really don't follow the same curve. Kaia and Ion were declared perfect and well-adjusted No pressure about vaccines, just suggesting maybe if we were traveling out of country.

After that we went shopping, peed in the yard, found amazing and surprising gifts and books in the mail, went to the park where my brave boy went down the slide by himself laughing his butt off and being caught alternately by all the older children there. Phew! We then went home and made pirogies and called it good!
i love the story with pictures! the picture of you all napping is great! what a great mama-letting him tear into a cake--i love it. oh and i'm so happy that you had a good doctors visit.

#265 of 531 Old 04-16-2008, 05:42 PM - Thread Starter

Happy Birthday to my baby girl!!!! Elizabeth!! she is 10 years old today!!! i CAN NOT believe its been 10 years i really hope the next 10 years doesn't go as fast!

Hanno- LOVE the pics looks like you have had a great week so far! electronic toys... keep them for moments when you need a good distraction.... lol my kids all favored the plastic electronic toys so they made great special toys

#266 of 531 Old 04-16-2008, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateSerj View Post
Happy Birthday to my baby girl!!!! Elizabeth!! she is 10 years old today!!! i CAN NOT believe its been 10 years i really hope the next 10 years doesn't go as fast!

Hanno- LOVE the pics looks like you have had a great week so far! electronic toys... keep them for moments when you need a good distraction.... lol my kids all favored the plastic electronic toys so they made great special toys
Happy Birthday Elizabeth!! double digits!

hanno--can i use silicon molds for soap?? i have some silicon molds that i use for freezing things. and what does the recipe mean by lye and liquid--like the 1Tbs lye with 1 cup cold water like it says to clean a drain?? so clueless ok..i just looked back at what you told me and it says 3.2 oz lye but how much liquid?? water, i assume? thanks! and nice siggy super mama! EDIT: nevermind! just saw the LYE CALCULATOR!!

#267 of 531 Old 04-16-2008, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Happy Birthday Elizabeth!! double digits!

hanno--can i use silicon molds for soap?? i have some silicon molds that i use for freezing things. and what does the recipe mean by lye and liquid--like the 1Tbs lye with 1 cup cold water like it says to clean a drain?? so clueless ok..i just looked back at what you told me and it says 3.2 oz lye but how much liquid?? water, i assume? thanks! and nice siggy super mama!
The liquid doesn't have to be water. Like some people use goat's milk or oatmilk or I wanted to use breastmilk for the beeber. I suppose beer might be interesting too. Did you try the calculator? http://www.the-sage.com/
I really don't know how well your silicon would survive, but you can try.

Oh and I've been researching extracting saponins from yucca and dandelion too. How exciting would that be?!

And thanks
#268 of 531 Old 04-16-2008, 08:39 PM

Quote:
The liquid doesn't have to be water. Like some people use goat's milk or oatmilk or I wanted to use breastmilk for the beeber. I suppose beer might be interesting too. Did you try the calculator? http://www.the-sage.com/
I really don't know how well your silicon would survive, but you can try.

Oh and I've been researching extracting saponins from yucca and dandelion too. How exciting would that be?!

And thanks
that would be awesome!
how long did yours take to trace? it's been an interesting soapmaking process so far...b/c kaylo is getting tired and naughty and zenon woke up right when i was combining lye and oils... in that class that i took, she said she sometimes uses silicone...i just don't know what else i have that i can you...hmmm. we'll see.

#269 of 531 Old 04-16-2008, 08:50 PM

Quote:
that would be awesome!
how long did yours take to trace? it's been an interesting soapmaking process so far...b/c kaylo is getting tired and naughty and zenon woke up right when i was combining lye and oils... in that class that i took, she said she sometimes uses silicone...i just don't know what else i have that i can you...hmmm. we'll see.
You can try it, but isn't silicone pricey? Got an old bowl or anything laying around? you can just cut the soap creatively after. Ours traced in minutes but we used an immersion blender.
#270 of 531 Old 04-16-2008, 09:13 PM

Quote:
You can try it, but isn't silicone pricey? Got an old bowl or anything laying around? you can just cut the soap creatively after. Ours traced in minutes but we used an immersion blender.
oh...so it has to do with the stirring...ok. wish i had an immersion blender. my sis just passed along some extra silicone cupcake things that i have yet to use...i was going to use them for freezing things, but i think they'll work well.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page