*** Sept 2007 mommas ... It's April!!! *** - Page 16 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#451 of 469 Old 04-28-2008, 05:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine's mama View Post
She is pregnant with twins girls. She is due JULY 16. Her OB scheduled her for a section (this will be here second) ON JUNE 1.

Isn't that a bit crazy or is that how they do sections with twins???
dd1 was twins for the first ten weeks, so the doc gave me a book about multiple pregnancies. if i remember correctly (and i totally could be wrong), twins mature faster than a singleton so they reach "full-term" sooner. but i thought it was only 2 or 3 earlier. 6 weeks seems extreme to me.

katie - good luck with your move. i love your senior title!

Mama to three  
#452 of 469 Old 04-28-2008, 08:40 PM

The 4th tooth has arrived! Its his first top tooth to come in. So in total he has two lower central incisors, one lower lateral incisor, and an upper lateral incisor.

He's starting to crawl really fast now and I'm having a hard time keeping up and catching him when he gets into stuff. I'm glad to hear that he can actually start sounding out words now.

Poop - Liam is sometimes a once a day, sometimes every 4-5 days kinda fella. Its usually always a ton regardless, and sometimes a blow-out.

Andrew was telling me about one his friends that he met at BOLC2, and this guy is also going to be at BOLC3 at AZ. He said this guy and his wife have been married for 5 years...and they have an open relationship. Andrew says its more this guy's wife than him, and that the guy doesn't sleep with other women. I guess I just feel bad for the guy, but if he's happy with it oh well. He sounds like a cool guy otherwise.

ribbonyellow.gif Army wife ribbonyellow.gif - Mama to Liam waterbirth.jpg (9/07), Laine uc.jpg (5/09), and Eliza h20homebirth.gif (7/11)

#453 of 469 Old 04-28-2008, 10:05 PM

the server takes too long to load a new page and the quick reply isn't working. Hmmm, this is frustrating. and I cannot click on smilies. It seems mdc has a few more bugs to work out.

Jeanine, when are you going to get senior?

Katie, I hope it was a joyous reunion, the pics are cute.

Sunshine's mama, that does sound early and quite a bit in advance for the planning. Is everyone doing okay?

Did you see all the poop threads in lwab? The only person more concerned with bm is my dad and his own.

I cannot get my photobucket accout to let me upload photos lately. It seems they have updated the software and my computer is very, very old.

You don’t owe them an explanation, just a response.
#454 of 469 Old 04-28-2008, 10:16 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommajb View Post
Jeanine, when are you going to get senior?
I think they're punishing me for starting "The Locked Thread"

Katie - We know of a few swinger-types around here (in fact my L&D nurse lives with her husband and their girlfriend. I was kinda thinking about that when I was giving birth.) That is something I don't understand. I'm waaaaay to jealous to ever have someone else involved, kwim?

Mama to three  
#455 of 469 Old 04-28-2008, 10:44 PM

Andrew and Liam in the Beco taking a break from moving boxes

Still hasn't sunk in that we're moving. I'm sure it will tomorrow when we get to the airport. I got some bad news from my mom. She had to have a CT scan today because they found some dark masses in her lungs on x-ray. She's been a smoker for 30+ years. This is honestly my worst nightmare coming true. I watched my aunt (who was like a mother to me) pass away from cancer and I cannot watch my mother go through the same thing. She is my best friend and I really feel like it would kill me if I lost her like this. I haven't heard any news yet but I'm going to call her in a while. Say some prayers to whoever you pray to if you would.

Jeanine - Once the bugs are worked out I'm sure it will work. I told Andrew that is just something I can't understand either, and its not even a jealousy thing for me. Just goes against my marriage values. Andrew thinks its an issue of the guy always having to move around for work and school and such, his wife is also from Korea and does a lot of traveling back and forth, she's going back for a few years shortly so I guess it will be a couple of years before they see each other again. When they're together it doesn't go on, just when he's away from home. I just can't understand it because we go through seperation but I would never in a million years consider being with somebody else no matter how hard it was.

ribbonyellow.gif Army wife ribbonyellow.gif - Mama to Liam waterbirth.jpg (9/07), Laine uc.jpg (5/09), and Eliza h20homebirth.gif (7/11)

#456 of 469 Old 04-29-2008, 12:41 AM

WHEW! that's my sigh of relief that MDC is back up and running. I was starting to get the shakes.... mostly because I have a ton of cute pictures to share!

jeanine inspired me to make these longies out of a sweater

This is me nursing Chaya through an hour tour of a local historical sight!! My arms got tired.

IT'S ALMOST FINALS WEEK! I AM SO EXTREMELY READY TO BE A GRADUATE, I CAN'T EVEN EXPLAIN. THE EXCITEMENT LENDS ITSELF TO ALL CAPS.

Katie: holy cow your boy is a big guy!

My babies were born at home! 09/07, 01/10, and 09/12 joy.gif

#457 of 469 Old 04-29-2008, 12:19 PM - Thread Starter

Katie - hoping your move goes smoothly today, and hoping everything is ok with your mom. Liam is gorgeous

Falicia - i love the longies , and Chaya is so cute! how did it go? were the directions easy enough to follow? That's a really nice picture of you nursing Chaya.

Mama to three  
#458 of 469 Old 04-29-2008, 02:44 PM

Myboyaramis – I hear ya! Marty pulls on it and squishes it…that can’t feel good!!!
Katie - Sorry mama. I hope AF goes away soon!! Lovin’ your new title!!
Sabo - on the “full of poop”…I feel like that’s all I talk about anymore. DH asks how our day was and I’m like, “pretty good. Marty pooped twice and it was solid so that’s exciting!” When did our lives become so feces focused??!!
Lactivist – That has to be a challenge having LO’s in multiple age categories. I am always grateful for DS being an only child right now based on his new-found mobility. I have enough trouble keeping DS’ millions of piles of papers away from him – ugh!
Mommajb – Co-op IS a 4-letter word…I have NO self control!
jbirdbrain – Snow??!! OMG I would freak! It is really cold here today and windy/overcast and I haven’t stopped complaining!!
Katie - for safe travels!! I can’t believe Liam said “mom”…that is sooo great! I only got “mama” once and haven’t heard it since. Plenty of “daddy” though…sooo frustrating!!
Lot - DS never goes more than a day w/o pooping. I hope your LO has a movement soon and it isn’t a major ‘splosion!
Sunshine – I’m not surprised about the scheduled section, but it seems really early. Twins are usually low enough birth weight on their own without being preemies…geez.
Katie – I can’t believe that about Andrew’s friend…that’s crazy. DH would freak! about your mom…I will pray for you all. I hope everything is ok.
Faliciagayle – Good luck on your finals!!!

Jessica - I my guys!! DH Marty (4-22-06) DS Marty (7-2-07) DS Anderson (4-12-10)
Mighty-Mama
#459 of 469 Old 04-29-2008, 09:08 PM

Katie I will be keeping your mom in my thoughts and prayers.

Felicia you and Chaya are both beautiful! I can't hardly nurse standing up at all (huge gazongas) and definitely not for a hour. Wow!

Dahlia is sick and she has pink eye too. Gotta love breastmilk though. Her eye was sealed shut this morning, a little squirt of breastmilk and it all wiped away easily. I just keep squirting her eyes every time we nurse and they seem to be doing good. Hyland's C + cold medicine is working great too.

Hope you all are having a good day. It is rainy and overcast here, snow and hail in the last two weeks! WHERE IS SPRING!?! I need it! :

Wendi
#460 of 469 Old 04-30-2008, 10:03 AM

Lactivist: on “huge gazongas.” I never could master standing up either. We are just getting the hang of sitting up. He’s a “big boy” now and doesn’t really want to lay down when he nurses except at night. Oh boy…they grow up so quickly! I hope Dahlia gets well soon :

Good morning ladies. I figured I’d check in right away today because I know I’ll be super busy with work and probably won’t have a chance later. This weekend was horrible with MDC being down. DH and I were fighting so much and I had no one to talk to Oh well, water under the bridge now as they say!

DS is so close to walking I can’t stand it! I’m so nervous! He has become so rough and tumble with everything that he does and he just throws his body around. He is also super aggressive, hits me in the face constantly, and is a “toy grabber” at school. I don’t know how that happened or how to correct it. He doesn’t seem to listen to me. I very sternly tell him to be gentle when he starts smacking me or I say no as a last resort, but it doesn’t even faze him. We were at my mom’s on Saturday and he started hitting me. My mom said, “Marty, we don’t hit.” She was very calm, not at all loud or yelling, and he burst into tears. WTF?!?! He doesn’t even react when I try to get him to stop. Oh brother…I am so clueless!

In happier news, I finally located a natural food’s store that is nearby and not terribly inconvenient!! I’m so excited. DS and I went Saturday and just browsed for like an hour!! I could go broke in there though…so many cool things. I bought some fenugreek while I wait for my Frontier order to come in just to try and keep my supply a little more consistent (daycare is totally screwing me up) and it is like magic! If I didn’t believe in the herbs before, I am a total believer now!!! How nice to spend money on something, use it, and actually have it work! Now I know why the Mother’s Milk tea works so well…same ingredient.

I was supposed to go Saturday again to have my tattoo worked on, but you guessed it, I had to cancel. Sooooo frustrating!!! DH got a bad stomach bug and was really sick so I didn’t have anyone to watch DS. I felt bad for him, but he is so darn dramatic when he is sick, YKWIM??? What IS that with men?!?! I just couldn’t deal with him so I told him we’d give him a day of rest (must be nice) and DS and I ran errands and went to my mom’s. My tattoo artist called the house though saying she had something for me to pick up so I had to stop by. Complete surprise – she bought me flowers!! How sweet was that?? They were gladiolas and larkspur, just like in my tattoo and she told me she wanted to do something to say thank you for choosing her and that it seemed like it might have been a while since someone had given me flowers. How on the money was she?! I was completely taken aback by this gesture – so sweet, so thoughtful…figures it came from a woman!!!

So, I GTG and get back to my work…ugh… to you all…and some : so I can share them!!

:

Jessica - I my guys!! DH Marty (4-22-06) DS Marty (7-2-07) DS Anderson (4-12-10)
Mighty-Mama
#461 of 469 Old 04-30-2008, 10:50 AM

sunshine's mama, its too bad that your friend didn't wind up with an OB who is more trusting of a mother's ability to birth her babies, one who has good experiences with VBAC.
Katie, I hope that your move went smoothly and everyone is settling in to your new, warm home in AZ.
Felicia, those pants look great on Chaya and I agree with lactavist, you look great. I have a hard time nursing standing up. I can do it, but not for an hour. You must have biceps of steel.
Wendi, too bad about the pink eye, but it is awesome that our bodies make a healing liquid.
mrsb, wow, your tattoo artist is a gem!

I had a dream that Aili was talking in short sentences last night and was amazed that she explained a situation using "because." When we woke this morning she was still just going "Ckkkc. Buh. Muh" etc. She is getting better at raspberries without spitting all over the place.

And I'm not gonna say the word, but we still do not have victory. I'm gonna start taking bets soon. We kept saying that she's getting close last night b/c of the gas. GTG. She calls me.

ETA: We had a partial victory. I predict that Daddy is going to have major clean-up duty this afternoon.
#462 of 469 Old 04-30-2008, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeaninevp922 View Post
Falicia - i love the longies , and Chaya is so cute! how did it go? were the directions easy enough to follow? That's a really nice picture of you nursing Chaya.
Thanks!

Yeah, the directions were pretty easy. I had a tough time with the arms/legs tho due to the way the original sweater was constructed. And I'm pretty sure they will only fit her for a week or so But I lanolized them and she slept in them last night! I need to put in a draw string, or something, cuz they gap in the back.

Wendi & Sabo: Thank you! I don't normally nurse standing up, and I could never figure out how people nurse in slings/wraps et cetera... my boobs aren't "huge gazongas" but they're not tiny, either. I wish I had biceps of steel. Or any muscle group, really..

MrsB - Marty is almost walking? Seriously? wow. Chaya's not crawling yet, but she seems *this* close

Sabo: I swear Chaya has said Aba (hebrew for daddy) a few times. ba ba ba ba is currently her favorite thing to say. We can't tell if she's saying aba with intent tho, or just by accident.

#463 of 469 Old 04-30-2008, 01:08 PM

<---- what's that? the swirly square thingy?

#464 of 469 Old 04-30-2008, 01:28 PM

I have no idea what the swirly square thing is.

Dahlia's eyes were completely sealed shut this morning. Hooray for breastmilk that works in moments. It did get me out of my 10yo's orthodontist appt so at least I don't have to run out of the house right now.

I am sick too and feel crappy. I guess I can't escape sickness when two sick kids are rubbing their nasty germ laden hands all over my face. Lucky for Zicam and Oscillo which made it so much more mild than it is in the kids.

In other news Eavan is absolutely LOVING school. He is going five days a week with two long days and plans to go all long days in the fall. He is learning so much and is so much more balanced and I actually get to miss him and appreciate him when he is around. I absolutely adore his teachers and am so grateful I found this school. Hooray Montessori!!!
Wendi
#465 of 469 Old 04-30-2008, 02:09 PM

I figured out the swirly square thing. It is to represent MDC supporter and the A is for advertiser. Instead of the pink and red words.
Wendi
#466 of 469 Old 04-30-2008, 03:08 PM

We made it! The trip went really well and the flights were good. Liam had a melt-down on the five hour flight between DC and Arizona but everybody was sympathetic to us and he did eventually fall asleep until we got off the plane. He didn't have any trouble with air pressure changes.

This place is like an entirely different planet compared to NY. There are mountains and cacti everywhere. The weather is very good though. Our apartment is great as well.

We got some good and bad news about my mom. The good news is that she doesn't have cancer. The bad news is that she does have emphysema. There's nothing that can be done about it, but she is going to stop smoking and I told her I would kick her A$$ if she didn't. Thank you all so much for your prayers. I am praying that she will have many years left with us.

Swirly things - I remember seeing the thread about the contest. This wasn't my top choice for the winner but I like it.

And now some pictures:

In the car on the way to the airport
Waiting at the terminal
DH making silly faces
We've arrived!
Tired but relieved to finally be at our destination
Cacti outside the airport
The view from our apartment
Mountains
More mountains

#467 of 469 Old 04-30-2008, 04:44 PM

Yaeh! I am glad your trip went well. Enjoy the culture shock. My aunt lives in WI and has a house in AZ for when she gets the winter doldrums. I wish I lived that way.

I hope you are all feeling better lactivist. Yeah for Eavan liking school!

I just left ds1 with a napping ds2 while I ran dd1 to her drawing lesson. It is so close I even left my tea (herbal) steeping. I felt so free traveling with just the girls. How silly is that?

Falicia - Dp almost went by Aba because ds1 was so good at saying it. Then he tried Papa on for size and has ended up just plain old Daddy. Even my 11 yo still calls him Daddy. I am Momma so that if it ever shortened it goes to Mom not Ma. How silly is that?

Hi mrsb422! I hope ytou get more work on your tattoo soon.

You don’t owe them an explanation, just a response.
#468 of 469 Old 04-30-2008, 06:21 PM

Katie glad you made it. Liam is so darling. You have such a beautiful family.

Mommajb I am feeling alright but not great. I am sure it will pass quickly. It is always so freeing for me to travel with less kids too.

mrsb that was so sweet of your tattoo artist to get you flowers. You deserve that!

Wendi
#469 of 469 Old 05-01-2008, 09:44 AM

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page