*** Sept 2007 mommas ... It's April!!! *** - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 469 Old 04-02-2008, 04:39 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Heather - That's what it is! I couldn't think of the name.

Bhawkins - I'm trying to figure out the difference between the 4th generation and the butterfly. Does the 4th generation have the insert? Is the only difference the insert? Also, what's the difference between the inside panel and the infant insert?

ribbonyellow.gif Army wife ribbonyellow.gif - Mama to Liam waterbirth.jpg (9/07), Laine uc.jpg (5/09), and Eliza h20homebirth.gif (7/11)

#62 of 469 Old 04-02-2008, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetTexasgal View Post
Good Morning Mommas

Just popping in to catch up and say hello!!! Lucy and I are off traveling again tomorrow for a week. We will see how a 6 1/2 month old does on a plane. She has been an angel on planes up until now, but now is constantly wanting "down" when I am holding her in my lap. She arches her back until I put her on the floor.

She has been a fuss-bucket the last week or so. No teeth yet, but I think they must be starting to do something. She has had a clear runny nose and a low-grade fever at times...so I think we are officially teething.

She rolled for the first time last night...she has been sitting unassisted for a while now, but hates....hates tummy time...hence the no rolling. The look on her face when she rolled was priceless...like "look....I can do it."

Anyway, I am off to pack while she is still sleeping. Hopefully I will pop back in this afternoon. Otherwise I will catch you ladies in a week.

Take care!!!:

Safe and easy travels for you and Lucy!

ribbonyellow.gif Army wife ribbonyellow.gif - Mama to Liam waterbirth.jpg (9/07), Laine uc.jpg (5/09), and Eliza h20homebirth.gif (7/11)

#63 of 469 Old 04-02-2008, 04:47 PM

Drooling over the Becos...wish I could afford one!!! I think the Ergos look nice too.

Took Otto for his ped visit yesterday- 18 lbs 9 oz. and 28" long. Wowza. And, the ped said he has an ear infection He's been a little fussier lately, but I honestly thought it was just teething or something...Does anyone know if I take probiotics will they help him while he is on the antibiotics? I seem to remember someone talking about infants probiotics a while back too...

Mama to Otto (9/07) and expecting Greta (EDD 6/13)  familybed2.giffemalesling.GIFnocirc.giflactivist.gif

#64 of 469 Old 04-02-2008, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherB View Post
Fish Oil: It really is amazing stuff! For a while I was taking fish oil and St. John's Wort in hopes of "improved mood," as they say. I've dropped the St. John's Wort for now but am still feeling good. I take Nordic Naturals Ultimate Omega, with 650mg EPA and 450mg DHA per dose - and I take a double dose, to get more than 1g of EPA/day. The info I found on it when Googling said that, in various studies, 1g of EPA/day helped balance mood the best. Fish Oil also has anti-inflammatory properties, and the DHA has done a lot for helping my brain function, too! Good stuff, I gotta say! I give my big boys the Nordic Naturals Childrens DHA, too.

Ok, I really need to get some work done...

I took Nordic Naturals while I was pregnant, I like the strawberry flavor

#65 of 469 Old 04-02-2008, 07:39 PM

Oh great! Aili just learned moments ago that she can open the velcro on her wool wrap. Good thing I'm knitting soakers for her and am phasing out the wraps (never got good diaper coverage with them.

So I mentioned this in the last thread, blowouts: anyone else getting more of these since starting solids?
#66 of 469 Old 04-02-2008, 10:26 PM

No to the blowouts here. But the stink factor has been magnified.....

BUT SHE STILL HAS SWEET BABY BREATH.....

still trying to find out a way to bottle it....and keep it for always...

I just put dd1 to bed......

*tear*

"Mommy? Can you stay in here forever with me.......snuggle forever......can you???"

"Why?"

"Because my dreams are sweeter when you are here with Lilah"

*sniff sniff...heart melts....*

she's a whirling dervish all day.....and gets on the last fray of my last frayed nerve...........and just when i've had enough........she does things like this........and i remember why i love her so much and how blessed i am that she's here (she was a dystocia baby and her first agpars were 1 and 2 and then she shot up to 8)......

Where did my pink fun go under my name??? I feel left out....sniff sniff...it was there all day......
#67 of 469 Old 04-02-2008, 10:48 PM

Hello Mamas!
4th page already!?!?! I'll never catch up! I tried posting last night and it never went through.
Anyhow, I'm just popping in to say hello. Can't get to the computer for long these days. I have a ton of questions too.
Maybe tomorrow, if DS actually takes a nap.: to all of you.

SAHM and loving it with DH, DS (8/4/2007) and DS (10/10/2010)
#68 of 469 Old 04-03-2008, 09:16 AM

*wibble* Today I take my placement tests for college so baby girl is having a daddy daughter day.

Wish me luck, mommas!

(and now she's taking after her dad in not wanting breakfast right off after waking up. *Snort*)

ETA: Bombed the math, aced the reading and writing. Figured.
#69 of 469 Old 04-03-2008, 01:57 PM - Thread Starter

Hi ladies!
DH had my computer at his office all day yesterday. (No MDC for me, that causes serious withdrawals!) He was having software installed on it. He's trying to turn me into a WAHM. I don't want a job. I had one once, and it sucked. He's starting his own business, so if *I* don't do it we'll have to pay someone else to do it. Sigh.

No to the blowouts here - because we're still on no to the solids. No to the crawling. No to the teeth. No to the hair.

Jbirdbrain - I read some article in a mainstream parenting magazine about an MD who waits a few days before giving antibiotics to his or her children with ear infections. As long as they seem to be getting better s/he thinks it's ok to skip them. Some of the infections go away on their own. I'll see if i can find that.

Falicia - i kinda fell for the ddddc thing too. except i wasn't all excited, i felt bad for the person who bought one and the administrators ended up giving it to the wrong person (me). how sad am I? then it changed and i was all confused!

sunshine - your dd1 is so sweet !! how do you feel about your ils being so close, yet never coming over? my parents and ils are both about 5 hours away. my parents come up way more often even though my dad's still working but the ils are retired. for me, not having the ils here makes me:::, but i think it makes dh a little sad that his parents seem apathetic. it's hard. *i* don't want them here, but for dh's sake i wish they would come up more. does that make sense? although i think dh has learned a lot about his parents since we've had kids. anyway, i could go on and on and on about them. but i think i'll wait till after they leave. i always need to vent after they leave and it's better to *not* do that to dh (unless he starts it ). 2 more days till they're here....

my parents are coming up tonight. my dad is sooooo good about washing dishes, i don't think i'll have to do until sunday!:: but i still have lots to do before they get here, and unfortunately it doesn't do itself while i'm on mdc! my mom has jamison's longies half done, i can't wait to see them! i hope they work!

all right, i should go.

:

Mama to three  
#70 of 469 Old 04-03-2008, 02:07 PM - Thread Starter

oooh look!!!

<------

i think this one is real, so i'm going to get all excited!!!! ::
::::
::::
(apparently i like the jumpers today )

was that you, katie?

thank you!!

:::::

Mama to three  
#71 of 469 Old 04-03-2008, 02:13 PM

The airline tickets have been purchased, that means no turning back. Which also means I can't go running and screaming in the other direction if I change my mind Our luggage showed up today to, I had to order some since we don't own any. Just cements the reality that yes, I'm moving away from home. I've traveled a ton and been all over the country, but I've never moved this far away from home. I grew up in the same house for the first 18 years of my life, and then moved 10 minutes away for college. Needless to say I'm pretty attached to this place.

My moving sale is scheduled for the 19th and 20th, my garage sale kit arrived today so I can start pricing everything that I've gathered so far. I need to clean out the garages and start hauling stuff out there as well. So much to do and so little time.

Sunshine - Awww...aren't those the moments you live for as a parent?

Kurumi - Good luck with your testing!

Jeanine - Yes that was me. I thought it was very fitting since you wanted a Princess Bride DDDDC. I hope everything goes well with your visitors!

#72 of 469 Old 04-03-2008, 02:17 PM - Thread Starter

here's that ear infection/antibiotic article i was talking about. i'm so excited that i found it online and didn't have to type out the whole thing!!! http://wondertime.go.com/learning/ar...nfections.html

Mama to three  
#73 of 469 Old 04-03-2008, 02:24 PM - Thread Starter

katie
dh and i moved 2000 miles away from our parents right after we got married, and we stayed "away" for four years. i think it was really good for us - no fighting over whose house for christmas, thanksgiving etc. it gave us time to be just us, and do our own thing. granted, we didn't have kids (and i had aunts, uncles and 2 grandmas about 5 hours away). but i hope it's good for you to be "away" too. i know you've said it before, but my dial-up is too slow for me to go back and look for the answers: how long are you in arizona? what part of arizona? and do you know where you're going after arizona?

Mama to three  
#74 of 469 Old 04-03-2008, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeaninevp922 View Post
katie
dh and i moved 2000 miles away from our parents right after we got married, and we stayed "away" for four years. i think it was really good for us - no fighting over whose house for christmas, thanksgiving etc. it gave us time to be just us, and do our own thing. granted, we didn't have kids (and i had aunts, uncles and 2 grandmas about 5 hours away). but i hope it's good for you to be "away" too. i know you've said it before, but my dial-up is too slow for me to go back and look for the answers: how long are you in arizona? what part of arizona? and do you know where you're going after arizona?
Don't get me wrong, I'm glad to be away from my IL's because they're crazy. My family, except for a few members, is pretty normal and we all get along. We don't get to see each other often even though we live close because they all work A LOT. So I will miss them, but I do like the idea of being able to have just us. My mom and grandmother's health aren't the greatest and I really don't like being away from them should something happen. We're in Arizona for 99 days, so from the end of April to the beginning of August. We'll be living in Sierra Vista (Fort Huachuca), which is right next to the Mexican border. We won't know our duty station until 3 weeks before we leave Arizona. When we put in Andrew's paperwork we made a list of potential duty stations to choose from, so hopefully they'll pick one of our top choices (Arizona, Washington, Maryland, Colorado).

#75 of 469 Old 04-03-2008, 04:31 PM

this thread is already huge. We officially both have a cold, took a long 2h nap this afternoon. My little one can't sleep well at night because of her congested nose... not fun...

waiting for healthier days!
#76 of 469 Old 04-03-2008, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeaninevp922 View Post
here's that ear infection/antibiotic article i was talking about. i'm so excited that i found it online and didn't have to type out the whole thing!!! http://wondertime.go.com/learning/ar...nfections.html
Thank you !!!! That is really interesting!

Mama to Otto (9/07) and expecting Greta (EDD 6/13)  familybed2.giffemalesling.GIFnocirc.giflactivist.gif

#77 of 469 Old 04-03-2008, 04:55 PM

I will never again keep up with your ladies. You are prolific writers.

We are usually quite healthy but once again the kidos have come down with something nasty. My 2.5 year old has a double ear infection/sinus infection. We discovered this at bedtime last night. We went in to the on-call ped today to get everyone checked out. She is the only one with a problem they could help with. It was pretty funny because as he checked for allergies (to meds) he could not believe she had never had a prescription before. I told him it was the power of breastmilk.

You don’t owe them an explanation, just a response.
#78 of 469 Old 04-03-2008, 05:02 PM

I just wanted to say add that waiting for abx does seem pretty normal around here. I almost didn't call but she was in tears from the pain. I have heard from others that she probably wouldn't get the abx but then I couldn't take her pain and I am seriously sleep deprived, needing my sleep tonight.

#79 of 469 Old 04-03-2008, 05:05 PM

I finally get a minute to check in and we are already up to 4 pages!!!! Wow! I will be spending some time today trying to catch up.
Wendi
#80 of 469 Old 04-03-2008, 06:19 PM

Sabo, How goes the home buying?

MrsB, What was that sight you had for teas? I remember they were so pretty, made by a fellow MDC-er, and a couple of ladies here raved about them. I am thinking about an order...

#81 of 469 Old 04-03-2008, 06:22 PM

Katie, I agree with jeanine. Living so far from family allowed us to be ourselves, grow into our relationship and roles as parents. Te complete lack of interference made it easier for me to listen to my instincts. I hope this is a smooth move for you.

I am so sorry for the multiple posts, you know I just can't think about too many things at oncec.

#82 of 469 Old 04-03-2008, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommajb View Post
Sabo, How goes the home buying?

MrsB, What was that sight you had for teas? I remember they were so pretty, made by a fellow MDC-er, and a couple of ladies here raved about them. I am thinking about an order...
If its the same company that did the raffle, I *believe* its love and tea? I haven't purchased anything from there but I want to, I have it bookmarked

#83 of 469 Old 04-03-2008, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Katie, I agree with jeanine. Living so far from family allowed us to be ourselves, grow into our relationship and roles as parents. Te complete lack of interference made it easier for me to listen to my instincts. I hope this is a smooth move for you.

I am so sorry for the multiple posts, you know I just can't think about too many things at oncec.

Yeah I get what you're saying. I know this definitely applies to my IL's, Andrew says how nice it will be when we're farther away. Then we get to deal with the guilt trips through phone and email

#84 of 469 Old 04-03-2008, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieJJ334 View Post
Yeah I get what you're saying. I know this definitely applies to my IL's, Andrew says how nice it will be when we're farther away. Then we get to deal with the guilt trips through phone and email
And those are the easiest ones to ignore.
#85 of 469 Old 04-03-2008, 07:36 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

i thought you were trying to acheive senior member status. but i see you're already there now i know how you did it, though

Mama to three  
#86 of 469 Old 04-03-2008, 07:38 PM - Thread Starter

hey, i'm getting kinda close

Mama to three  
#87 of 469 Old 04-03-2008, 07:40 PM - Thread Starter

how annoyed would you guys get if i wrote one word per post?

Mama to three  
#88 of 469 Old 04-03-2008, 07:46 PM

I thought about doing the same thing My goal this month is to make 1000

#89 of 469 Old 04-03-2008, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KurumiSophia View Post
And those are the easiest ones to ignore.
You've never met my IL's have you?

#90 of 469 Old 04-03-2008, 07:55 PM

Go for Senior!

Don't forget to go welcome people to mdc.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page