*** Sept 2007 mommas ... It's April!!! *** - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 469 Old 04-04-2008, 04:34 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We never post in this group. I guess cause I was "due" in August...But, my DS was born the 2nd of Sept. The entire past week has been whinning whinning whinning. I wonder if at this age they get "growing pains". I never actually got them as a teen but my brothers complained about them...

Also, Maitreya is just about ready to crawl (I've been saying this for like 2 months now at least) so it must be quite frustrating.

He says "mmMMMMMM..mah..MAH...MAHHHHM" all the time. And "Dud,duddudud" only when DH leaves the house (hahaha he's never gotten to hear it!)

We tried to introduce some banana about 2 weeks ago....Maitreya threw up all over like 3 times after a little-teensy bit touched his toungue. : So, I waited until yesterday when I was holding him and he grabbed at the apple I had and brought it to his mouth. He seemed to like it for about 10 whole seconds - then yarked all down my shirt....

Gah! I love being a momma...but, I never realized how many times he'd vomit on e to the point that even my socks and panties were cover....

Okay, one last thing. Please don't frown on me...but, he still doesn't nap in his own spot...only in my arms (sometimes dh takes a shift on the weekends) but, I can't get him to nap m,ore than about a half hour when I do try to put him down.....he hates to be swaddled and prefers to sleep whilst nursing....any suggestions on changimg this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#122 of 469 Old 04-04-2008, 04:49 PM

MahBearRI - It could be a growth spurt. As for napping, have you tried using a baby carrier? They do eventually outgrow having to be held while napping, a lot of it could be seperation anxiety at his age as well. I have a DS who stopped falling asleep at the breast around 2 months, now the only way I can get him to sleep is to lay him down and pat his back. I would say just experiment, does he let you side-lie and nurse until he falls asleep?

ribbonyellow.gif Army wife ribbonyellow.gif - Mama to Liam waterbirth.jpg (9/07), Laine uc.jpg (5/09), and Eliza h20homebirth.gif (7/11)

#123 of 469 Old 04-04-2008, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahBearRI View Post

He says "mmMMMMMM..mah..MAH...MAHHHHM" all the time.
Mine does exactly the same sound, it's like maman in French, so my DH thinks she can already call me
#124 of 469 Old 04-04-2008, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Okay, one last thing. Please don't frown on me...but, he still doesn't nap in his own spot...only in my arms (sometimes dh takes a shift on the weekends) but, I can't get him to nap m,ore than about a half hour when I do try to put him down.....he hates to be swaddled and prefers to sleep whilst nursing....any suggestions on changimg this?

My dd was like this. She did (mostly) outgrow it eventually. I would either put her in a mei tai, or I'd lay down and nurse her to sleep. I would then keep a close eye on her and when she would start stirring, I'd quickly nurse her back down again. DS tends to have days here and there where he takes several 30 min naps and he's good.

Nicole - )0( unschooling mama to Lilahblahblah.gif (12/21/05) and Cianwild.gif (9/21/07) as well as 3 dog2.gif 2 cat.gif,  4 rats, chicken3.gif and ducks

#125 of 469 Old 04-04-2008, 06:15 PM - Thread Starter

jbirdbrain - glad otto is feeling better. i wasn't saying you *shouldn't* give him abx, just sharing something i read, kwim? my kids have never had an ear infection, so what do i know? before i read that article i would've thought abx were always necessary for every ear infection since that's how they were treated 100 years ago when i was a kid. anyway, i'm glad they're helping him.

jannah - hope everything's ok

mahbear - jamison's napping in my lap right now. dd1 was the same way. i've just pretty much resigned myself to it. and made naptime my official mdc time!

Mama to three  
#126 of 469 Old 04-04-2008, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lactivist View Post

Dahlia is growing up so fast. She will be 7 months on the 6th and weighs about 16 pounds. She has never been to see any sort of doc or anything. She is rolling all over to get around, sits unassisted until she face plants, is getting hair, doesn't eat anything but breastmilk, is teething like crazy and finally got a sliver of a tooth two days ago. She is trying so hard to crawl but just gets her butt in the air and doesn't lift her chest. She loves to suck on an ice cube in the mesh feeder or an apple slice. She and Eavan are really cute together. He comes over to her and tries to play with her and everything he does makes her laugh and then he laughs, it is so cute!

I started my first college class since I was about 19 years old. It is an online class to learn Powerpoint and I did my first assignment and quiz!
I loved this update! I've been looking at mesh feeders but not having used one yet I wondered how useful it really is. Hmmm, I could use a trip to Walgreen'sthis evening...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhawkins View Post
Today my baby boy turned 3. Three! Seems like just yesterday I had him. We're having a party for the family and such on Sunday, but today we went to the next city over and went to the "big library" and played at the indoor playplace at Chik-fil-a after lunch since it was rainy. He refuses to say that he is 3 though. He keeps saying "I'm 2" over and over again.
Happy Birthday!

Quote:
Gah! I love being a momma...but, I never realized how many times he'd vomit on e to the point that even my socks and panties were cover....

Oh the vomit. Linus is great at it also. Nothing like carrying a change of clothes for tou abd the babe is there? I think vomit-wet panties are the worst. I wany a yucky smiley for hear but I can't find it. What is it with mdc lately? It rarely seems to run smoothly for me. Maybe it is my computer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeaninevp922 View Post
jannah - hope everything's ok

mahbear - jamison's napping in my lap right now. dd1 was the same way. i've just pretty much resigned myself to it. and made naptime my official mdc time!
Jannah, I hope all is well in your family, keep us posted.

If L naps it is in my arms or in a carrier so no bad thoughts from me.

I my ddddc - thank you to the deserving momma.

You don’t owe them an explanation, just a response.
#127 of 469 Old 04-04-2008, 07:16 PM

I am sitting here reading posts and as I read this line

Quote:
Oh the vomit.
I feel something warm and wet run down my arm and leg:Puke

Nicole - )0( unschooling mama to Lilahblahblah.gif (12/21/05) and Cianwild.gif (9/21/07) as well as 3 dog2.gif 2 cat.gif,  4 rats, chicken3.gif and ducks

#128 of 469 Old 04-04-2008, 07:34 PM

Jannah hope everything is alright. Keep us posted.

MahBear welcome to the thread. vomit to the panties doesn't sound fun at all. Luckily for me Dahlia isn't a puker. Banana didn't go over well here either. It completely stopped her up and then made for some seriously yucky poop. We are waiting for now. Dahlia often sleeps in her own spot for naps but I have to nurse her back to sleep about every 1/2 hour. If I want her to sleep for a while I just have to keep her in the sling and sit in the rocker and rock every time she stirs. I usually just doze during those naps. No judgment here.

Mommajb I like the mesh feeder because I put an ice cube in and it is the only thing that helps Dahlia's teething pain for any period of time. She ends up soaked but its worth it. I give it to her when she is really fussing and she will spend 20 minutes sucking on it happily.

Jbird glad Otto is feeling better. Seems like if he is better with the antibiotics then it was the right choice.

Dahlia is saying several words but only occasionally and not on command. She does say up consistently when she wants to get out of bed or off the floor.

Greenmagick YUCK!!!
Wendi
#129 of 469 Old 04-04-2008, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeaninevp922 View Post
jbirdbrain - glad otto is feeling better. i wasn't saying you *shouldn't* give him abx, just sharing something i read, kwim? my kids have never had an ear infection, so what do i know? before i read that article i would've thought abx were always necessary for every ear infection since that's how they were treated 100 years ago when i was a kid. anyway, i'm glad they're helping him.
Oh I totally know what you mean! I was just doing that Mama-guilt thing, going "did I do the right thing...???!" You are lucky your LO's haven't had any ear infections!!! I get them fairly often so Otto is probably destined to be a sufferer too. Poor little dude!

Mama to Otto (9/07) and expecting Greta (EDD 6/13)  familybed2.giffemalesling.GIFnocirc.giflactivist.gif

#130 of 469 Old 04-04-2008, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbirdbrain View Post
Oh I totally know what you mean! I was just doing that Mama-guilt thing, going "did I do the right thing...???!" You are lucky your LO's haven't had any ear infections!!! I get them fairly often so Otto is probably destined to be a sufferer too. Poor little dude!
I felt the momma guilt too. I knew I made the right decision though when Charlotte, Linus and I all crawled into bed at 7 pm last night and slept until 8:00 this morning. I know there was some nursing during the night but not every 20 min or a constant latch on. I felt so much better this am and really needed it - dh is out of town for a conference.

#131 of 469 Old 04-05-2008, 03:50 AM

[QUOTE=MahBearRI;10930958]
Okay, one last thing. Please don't frown on me...but, he still doesn't nap in his own spot...only in my arms/QUOTE]

You are in the last place where people are gonna frown on you for that, mama

The only thing I suggest is just putting DS down for naps... nurse him down (or however you get him to sleep) and then leave him on the bed or in the crib. My DD has been on a reverse cycle for like 3 months now, where she hardly nurses during the day and nurses all night; and now at 6 months I'm feeling like it should stop ~ but I don't know how. So again, to you, mama

My babies were born at home! 09/07, 01/10, and 09/12 joy.gif

#132 of 469 Old 04-05-2008, 03:58 AM

Falicia - We're going through the same thing. I have a really hard time convincing Liam to nurse during the day, I'm just banking on the fact that it gets better eventually.

Throw-up - Liam never spit up until he got older, now its everywhere. I woke up last night to a huge puddle of it in the bed when he woke up and started crawling around. It really isn't a pleasant thing to deal with.

Lets all congratulate jeanine on her post!

ribbonyellow.gif Army wife ribbonyellow.gif - Mama to Liam waterbirth.jpg (9/07), Laine uc.jpg (5/09), and Eliza h20homebirth.gif (7/11)

#133 of 469 Old 04-05-2008, 04:02 AM

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAY jeanine!

My babies were born at home! 09/07, 01/10, and 09/12 joy.gif

#134 of 469 Old 04-05-2008, 09:31 AM

Way to go Jeanine!! I am pulling for you also Katie.

Plain Leopard says hello to all - she is in Italy eating gelato. :

I have decided Linus may be high needs. He doesn't cry much and is generally happy - if I am holding or wearing him. I can get others to watch him to keep him safe but he cries through the experience. I do this if I am not wearing him and I need to take things from the oven, go to the bathroom, or rescue my 2 yo from her adventures and other things like this. Otherwise he is in physical contact with me or upset. Amended to say: He does play on the floor if I sit with him. It just all came to a head last night with dh gone and trying to put the little girls to bed w/o him. I ended up with ds1 reading to them and dd1 brushing their teeth for me. The thing is he still seems easy compared to my oldest dd who often cried anyways and vomited so much more often.

So tell me is this high needs or have I just forgotten what babies are like?

#135 of 469 Old 04-05-2008, 10:45 AM

Faliciagayle: Georgia is basically reverse cycled as well. I have a very hard time getting her to eat during the day. She is too distracted and just nurses for a minute or two. I totally believe she's getting most of her nutrition at night. Like you, I really wish that would change but have no idea about how to fix it....

mommajb: I can relate to what you're saying in a lot of ways. Georgia will play happily in the johnny-jumpup or sitting in the floor with a basket of toys for about 10 min once a day. Otherwise, she wants/needs to be held pretty much the rest of the time. Fortunately for me, oldest DS (12y/o) is HSed and so he can hold her while I use the bathroom or in any other kind of "crisis" moment. She loves him immensely. No one else can really keep her though without her crying. I don't think I'd call Georgia high needs but I wouldn't call her laid back either.
#136 of 469 Old 04-05-2008, 11:08 AM

Betsy, I never noticed before how close in age our kiddos are - ds 10/96, dd 2/03 and ds my sept 07 babe. (and then there is dd 9/98 and dd 6/05)

Thanks for the say-so, I may have just not realized/remembered exactly what this stage was going to be like and all the different directions I would feel pulled in. High needs doesn't really seem to fit but neither does laid back.

#137 of 469 Old 04-05-2008, 01:35 PM

We don't EC, but I still wanted to introduce the potty pretty early. Yesterday, we tried for the first time mid-afternoon and got nothing, but today, her first monster-pee of the day was in the toilet. She was all smiley while doing it too, so funny.
Jannah5: I hope that everything comes back fine with the bloodwork.

sunshine's mama: It is so frustrating when you go to see a house and the realtor/property manager isn't there. We don't have anyone to watch Aili near us, so we got her all packed up in December to go to an open house, only to find a paper sign saying that the property was under contract. The internet site had not been updated. Grrr.

Janine: Congratulations Ms. Senior Member! C'mon Katie, only 49 posts more!

Talking: When I get home from work, Aili starts whining, "Mmmaaa, mmm, mmaa, mmm, mmaaa." I don't know if she's really trying to say it, but I pretend. The other day, she was in the back of the car w/dh and it sounded exactly like she said, "dad."

Vomit: Dh whines quite often when he gets the tiniest trickle of spitup. Sometimes, I feel like I've bathed in baby puke, a little in my hair, on my shoulder, from front to back on my thighs! Uggh (This doesn't take into account my babe's monster poops that sometimes stray onto my leg. She gives one good fart and its like the Hoover Dam has collapsed).

Napping: Aili is like Dahlia; she'll take a good nap but only if I'm around about every half hour to nurse her back into a stronger sleep state. It is very difficult to put her down during nap time b/c the movement will often awaken her.

House: Home inspection went fine. I don't remember if I mentioned that earlier. We filled out the mortgage paperwork on Thursday. If everything stays on schedule, we'll close in late May. :

Have a good weekend ladies.
#138 of 469 Old 04-05-2008, 02:39 PM

Mommajb - Liam is very similar. The morning and early afternoon are his best times, then after that he's like a little monkey, he wants to be all over me. It wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have a million things to get done, I just try to do it all while he's sleeping.

Sabo - Yay, Aili! Isn't it so great when you finally catch one?

Okay, so today I'm really going to try for 1000. It seems every night when we start chatting over in TAO, MDC totally shuts down. I think we might be clogging the server

#139 of 469 Old 04-05-2008, 03:47 PM - Thread Starter

[QUOTE=mommajb;10934054I have decided Linus may be high needs. He doesn't cry much and is generally happy - if I am holding or wearing him. I can get others to watch him to keep him safe but he cries through the experience. I do this if I am not wearing him and I need to take things from the oven, go to the bathroom, or rescue my 2 yo from her adventures and other things like this. Otherwise he is in physical contact with me or upset. Amended to say: He does play on the floor if I sit with him. It just all came to a head last night with dh gone and trying to put the little girls to bed w/o him. I ended up with ds1 reading to them and dd1 brushing their teeth for me. The thing is he still seems easy compared to my oldest dd who often cried anyways and vomited so much more often.

So tell me is this high needs or have I just forgotten what babies are like? [/QUOTE]

dd1 always had to be in contact with me - she didn't even like dh until she was like 12 months. i never considered her high needs either, but she was and still is intense. i also told people she had a "nipple detection system", if she got more than two inches from it, even if asleep, she'd pitch a fit.

Mama to three  
#140 of 469 Old 04-05-2008, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieJJ334 View Post

Okay, so today I'm really going to try for 1000. It seems every night when we start chatting over in TAO, MDC totally shuts down. I think we might be clogging the server
I think it must be a night time thing! It takes forever for one thread to pull up any time after around 8pm here (CST). Must be everyone getting on after the babes are in bed.

mommajb: You're right. Our kids are fairly close in age, only you have 2 more than me. I can't imagine!
#141 of 469 Old 04-05-2008, 05:28 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabo View Post
She gives one good fart and its like the Hoover Dam has collapsed.

Mama to three  
#142 of 469 Old 04-05-2008, 06:40 PM

I read that and cracked up too! Thanks for the laugh Sabo.

#143 of 469 Old 04-05-2008, 08:13 PM - Thread Starter

thanks ladies, for your congratulations. and a big thanks to katie for helping me get to 1000! tonight we'll be in tao (if the server cooperates) to get katie to 1000. come join us!

jamison is starting to ingest some food. (she's seven months today). i made stew a couple nights ago, and she really liked the potatoes. she had a little avocado yesterday too. she's been playing with food for a while now, but i think she's starting to actually eat.

yay sabo!! congrats on the house!!

Mama to three  
#144 of 469 Old 04-05-2008, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommajb View Post
I read that and cracked up too! Thanks for the laugh Sabo.
Yeah, yeah, laugh it up! Its not so hilarious when I'm running down the hall holding her horizontally with poop streaming down both our legs Dh and I play a gambling game everyday with her diapering. "Let's see, there's a little stain of poop in her prefold . . . should I put her in a fitted now or wait 'til the next change?" . . . (5 minutes later) "Oh man, Aili, you're supposed to POOP in the fitted, not pee. C'mon, let's go change your diaper AGAIN."
#145 of 469 Old 04-05-2008, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabo View Post
Yeah, yeah, laugh it up! Its not so hilarious when I'm running down the hall holding her horizontally with poop streaming down both our legs Dh and I play a gambling game everyday with her diapering. "Let's see, there's a little stain of poop in her prefold . . . should I put her in a fitted now or wait 'til the next change?" . . . (5 minutes later) "Oh man, Aili, you're supposed to POOP in the fitted, not pee. C'mon, let's go change your diaper AGAIN."
I was just there the other day, only I didn't realize he had a huge blow-out up the back and got it all over my arm and the bed when I laid him down for a nap. He went in the bath after that, clothes and all. If its not puke, its poop. I wash more sheets than anybody.

#146 of 469 Old 04-05-2008, 11:57 PM

Jbirdbrain – Ooh, I hope the promotion works out for you! I’ll keep my fingers crossed.

KurimiSophia – I hope it works out for you with your PPD and ADHD doing treatment the way you want to. Medicines for that stuff seem so scary to me.

Sabo – Thanks for the new pics of Aili. She is just too precious. She has such a dainty little face and those huge blue eyes. What a cutie!!

Greenmagick – Happy belated to you!!

Jeanine - on the “only one Aries” comment. You’re so right! DH is an Aquarius and DS is a Cancer…it is a good mix.

Sunshine’s Mama – Thank you sweetie!! April fools are the best!!

Jbirdbrain – I’ve never done the whole probiotics thing, but I hear they are a must with antibiotics. Next time DS is on them, I’m definitely getting probiotics for him too. Anything that will help!

Sabo – DS learned how to undo his diapers too. He loves to sleep without pants on, so I let him, and about 50% of the time I get up to get him and he has his diaper off. Scary!!! Thankfully he seems to reserve his BMs for when he’s awake!

Sunshine’s Mama – Your LO says the sweetest things. I love DS’ little noises but I can’t wait until he really starts talking so I can just write everything down. Kids come out with the cutest, most endearing little comments. I just love it.

Katie – Good luck with moving. You can do it! Just look at it as another adventure and take it in small doses. It could be even better than what you’re used to!

Nicole ac – Hope you and your LO feel better soon :

Mommajb – I hope your LO’s feel better soon as well. Sinus infections are so nasty. The tea that I is by Love and Tea and their website is http://loveandtea.com

Greenmagick – Keep your chin up on the nursing. He’s not giving it up, he’s too young. The ladies around here assured me of that at 8 months when DS started doing the same thing. Just offer the breast, if he rejects, wait 10-15 minutes and then offer again. Try different positions or places and areas with no distraction. It is annoying and time consuming, but he’ll come back. Patience, sweet mama, patience.

Jannah5 – I hope everything is ok with the blood work

MahBear – No one here is going to judge you at all let alone frown on you about letting your LO sleep in your arms. I know there are a lot of us (especially me) who wish our LO’s would still do that. Enjoy it while it lasts!

Jeanine – Congrats on

Mommajb - on your “I referred to DH in the plural…” correction. I am literally chuckling. Too funny.

Well hello ladies! I just could NOT get on here to save my life this week. I posted on page 1 or 2 and come back…we’re already on 8!! How the heck did that happen. Oh right, it is all you 1000 over achievers

Well things have been more than hectic around here. Had my bday on Tues and that came and went just like I wanted! DH had his clients in town this week so we barely saw him which makes us both sad. DS gets home and it is all “daddy daddy”. He looks around for him. Makes me so depressed, but when he sees him during the weekend, he gets so excited!

We had the IL’s my mom and sis and my grandparents over tonight for my bday since it was the first time everyone had available. My SIL and family couldn’t make it because of my neice’s dance competition, but I can’t say I was real upset about that. That was 5 less people which was fine with me. DH was pretty sweet about the night, but I still ended up doing an awful lot myself which I kind of expected. It is always hectic having company over and you have to clean, even if they say you don’t and even if it is your birthday! Just a fact of life.

DH ordered takeout from two of his favorite restaurants…hmmm…thought it was MY birthday??? I must be confused . Why are men so clueless?? Anyhoo it was a generally good night and I got a gift certificate from my IL’s for the salon I love so that is an awesome gift that I am definitely looking forward to using!!

LWAB: DS gave me the Exorcist treatment last night. OMG!!! He is SO not a puker, but I can’t even believe what came out of him last night. I sat down with him for dinner and he had a really good appetite. He ate a serving of broccoli, a serving of pears/blueberries/strawberries mixed, a serving of chicken/rice/egg and a serving of rice cereal. I didn’t expect him to eat it all but he was powering through it. Then I gave him 2 small organic oatmeal raisin cookies thinking he’d gnaw on them/play with them and he ate those too!! Then he got DH’s pizza crust (again, I thought for chewing) and next thing I know, they’re gone!! So I put him to bed and about 30 minutes later he wakes up screaming bloody murder. I run up the stairs and the smell hits me – vomit…tons and tons and tons of vomit. OMG! It was everywhere – the sheets, the blankets, the mattress cover, all over all of his pacifiers, the dust ruffle, his pillow, his bear…every single fabric thing and the rug too…it was a vomit massacre. So I get him all cleaned up and calmed down. Wash his hair because it is literally everywhere and even in his ear (gag). I sit him down with DH in the recliner and give him the only blanket he’ll sleep with that is still clean. I’m upstairs stripping his crib and putting fresh sheets on it when I hear that sound…DH starts yelling and I come running, he’s doing it all over again. It was real person vomit – chunks and sourness…soooo disgusting. I changed him again and finally got him to sleep on my chest. Carried him up to bed and let him sleep with my bathrobe which kind of feels like his one blanket. Holy fricken’ cow!! It was such a disgusting mess. My poor boy. He was so upset. He’s just like his mama…I still cry my eyes out when I puke. How ridiculous, I know, but he was absolutely shaking. He was so scared and I cried right along with him. I obviously let him eat too much. What an idiot.

Thursday, on a different note, we got a new pet…a hamster. I love him!!! He is just adorable. I wanted one so badly, really a gerbil, but I’ll take a hamster, but DH kept telling me no. Well, we were in a pet store buying pee mats for my dog (he’s blind and mat trained since he can’t do stairs) and DS saw the hamsters. We were looking and he started flapping and grunting at this tan and white male hamster. The thing comes over to the glass and stretches, washes his face…the whole routine. I try to pull the cart away and DS loses it! He starts yelling and crying…I go back to the tank and he gets all happy again. So I figure, what the heck! $40 later for all the accoutrement and $7 for the little critter and Stickers is ours forever. He’s so much fun and DS is loving him so much. I just love it!!!!

Ok, well now my carpal tunnel is aching so I’m going to take a break. I’ll be 5 years before I get to 1000 at this rate!!

Love to everyone!!! :

BTW got an A in my class that just ended…can’t believe it! I’m so proud of myself. Heck of a come back after getting two F’s during maternity leave for letting my classes lapse. Only 5 to go and then I’ll have my MBA. I can’t wait to be done!!

Jessica - I my guys!! DH Marty (4-22-06) DS Marty (7-2-07) DS Anderson (4-12-10)
Mighty-Mama
#147 of 469 Old 04-06-2008, 12:23 AM - Thread Starter

mrsb - your poor boy was he all better after he got it all out?
have you seen my "join date"? it's may 2005 - only took me three years! (i didnt really start posting until i got pg with jamison, i think)
congratulations on the a!!! good job!!!
hamsters are sooo cute. i've had 3 pet rats. i love them, but they're sooo destructive. i want to have a little room that can be a rat room. probably won't happen (at least until one of the kids move out and i take their room ). of course then i'd be known as the crazy rat lady

Mama to three  
#148 of 469 Old 04-06-2008, 02:26 AM

Here are some current pics of Cian

http://www.flickr.com/photos/83093393@N00/2391668230/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/83093393@N00/2390834405/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/83093393@N00/2390833811/
He is back to nursing pretty regularly, but he now has a cold. I think he was just really stuffed up. He is also so easily distracted now.

Also, we got some new baby chickens today
http://www.flickr.com/photos/8309339...7604406381091/

#149 of 469 Old 04-06-2008, 02:30 AM - Thread Starter

katie made it to 1000!!!!!!!!!!!!
we're still hangin' out in tao if anyone else wants 1000, or wants to chat with us!

Mama to three  
#150 of 469 Old 04-06-2008, 10:03 AM

Jeanine, I've had guinea pigs and hamsters. I cared for dozens of gerbils in a lab. I find these animals to be so cute. I don't think I could ever own a rat. When, how, and why did you decide that you like to own rats?

: 2:Ma To 6 :12,8,7,5,2,1&

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page