*** Sept 2007 mommas ... It's April!!! *** - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 469 Old 04-01-2008, 01:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Check me out, starting the new thread. I never thought I'd do it since I'm west coast, and I'm usually still while everyone else is up and on the internet!

Mrs B sorry you had to cancel your appt because you were sick.

LWAB - Jamison's good. She's starting to get too big for her britches (her aristocrats covers, that is) so Gramma is trying to knit her some longies. We'll see how it goes. I really want to try some, but they are so $$$$. I'd pay it if I knew i liked them, but i don't, so i won't, so hopefully gramma's turn out.

DD1's bday party is next weekend. That means the ILs will be here. Ugh. Cant wait to tell you ladies what stupid thing my mil had to say this time. at least my parents will be here too, that tends to dilute the time i have to spend with mil.

well, it's april, and i hope spring is finally on the way!!
: and :

Mama to three  
#2 of 469 Old 04-01-2008, 01:30 PM - Thread Starter

Sabo - hope your home inspection goes well :

Katie - no advice on carriers for big babes. mine can walk before they hit 20 lbs.

Mama to three  
#3 of 469 Old 04-01-2008, 01:32 PM - Thread Starter

One more thing...

<-----What the heck does that mean?

Mama to three  
#4 of 469 Old 04-01-2008, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeaninevp922 View Post
One more thing...

<-----What the heck does that mean?
It's from Monty Python and the Holy Grail. Next thing you know we'll be tossing around Holy Hand Grenades of Antioch.

Things are busy busy busy around here in both good and bad ways. I'm in a holding pattern waiting on funeral information for a close family friend, got my learner's permit so I need to practice driving, was accepted to a community college so there's testing to be done, was kicked off sliding scale for my therapy so I need to find close to $400/month for therapy, and my baby said "hey" to me when she woke up from her nap today.

Oh, and I'm house and pet sitting.

So yah. Hopefully this month I can actually keep up w/things.
#5 of 469 Old 04-01-2008, 02:07 PM

I love monty python.

I'm thinking a beco might be good, or an Angel carrier. I'm going to LLL tonight with a friend I met through my centering group while we were pregnant. Her boy is two months younger than Liam.

I moved the bedroom around last night in an attempt to keep Liam in the bed. He's been climbing out of it lately and on the floor, usually head first. The last time he got up and I didn't wake up, he wiggled down below my feet and crossed over the bed in order to get down, so I know he's doing it on purpose. After the moving sale I'm just going to put the mattress on the floor in the living room.

Kurumi - You sound like one busy lady!

Jeanine - I hope your IL visit goes well. I'm hoping I don't have to see mine again for a long time since we're moving. I hope the longies work out, I mine. They make awesome shorts and pants if you don't want to use them as a cover because they're big enough to fit over everything.

ribbonyellow.gif Army wife ribbonyellow.gif - Mama to Liam waterbirth.jpg (9/07), Laine uc.jpg (5/09), and Eliza h20homebirth.gif (7/11)

#6 of 469 Old 04-01-2008, 02:12 PM

Ah yes, its April 1st isn't it? The mods are having a bit of fun with us

ribbonyellow.gif Army wife ribbonyellow.gif - Mama to Liam waterbirth.jpg (9/07), Laine uc.jpg (5/09), and Eliza h20homebirth.gif (7/11)

#7 of 469 Old 04-01-2008, 02:16 PM - Thread Starter

katie -
<-----
hey! you have it too! this one about the scratch is actually the second one today. the first one said something about "we are no longer the knights that say nee...."

Mama to three  
#8 of 469 Old 04-01-2008, 02:47 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieJJ334 View Post
Ah yes, its April 1st isn't it? The mods are having a bit of fun with us
my poor confused brain thanks you for clearing that up!!!!

Mama to three  
#9 of 469 Old 04-01-2008, 03:02 PM

Happy April Ladies!!

Katie- Hope your moving sale goes well and you sell lots and lots.

Karumi- Wow. You are busy. That sucks about the therapy thing but the driving and community college stuff sounds fun.

Jeanine- don't really envy you the IL visit...:

LWAB: Today is Otto's 6 mos. check up. I'm excited to see how much the little tubster weighs. He's pretty much out grown his co-sleeper so I think DH and I are going to try to sidecar the crib this weekend.

He's started some solids- bananas and sweet potatoes. He's not super excited about them really so I'm not pushing it. It is fun to see him make a big mess with them though

In other news, I am crossing my fingers as I might have a chance at a promotion here at work. It would be really wonderful because a) I am a little bored where I am at now and could use a change and b) we are pretty much living paycheck to paycheck right now and a little extra $$ could hardly go amiss

Mama to Otto (9/07) and expecting Greta (EDD 6/13)  familybed2.giffemalesling.GIFnocirc.giflactivist.gif

#10 of 469 Old 04-01-2008, 03:02 PM

I'm subbing.

Things are going well enough here.

Linus is mobile and I am getting nothing done. He is very insulted when any food other than bm is offered but loves his water from a kleen kanteen or sigg. He'll probably end up as skinny as his siblings. I promise I feed them.

You don’t owe them an explanation, just a response.
#11 of 469 Old 04-01-2008, 03:03 PM

Hey, I needed to be told I am invincible. It gives me a new perspective on the day.

#12 of 469 Old 04-01-2008, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommajb View Post
I'm subbing.

Things are going well enough here.

Linus is mobile and I am getting nothing done. He is very insulted when any food other than bm is offered but loves his water from a kleen kanteen or sigg. He'll probably end up as skinny as his siblings. I promise I feed them.
Haha! This is Otto too!! He loves water from his sippy cup but the insulted thing is totally right when a piece of banana or sweetpotato works its way into his mouth.

Mama to Otto (9/07) and expecting Greta (EDD 6/13)  familybed2.giffemalesling.GIFnocirc.giflactivist.gif

#13 of 469 Old 04-01-2008, 03:19 PM

happy april!!

ruby had her 6 mo checkup & is 27", 17lbs7 oz...at 6 mos. lily was 27" & 21lbs40z!! ru's frame must be much smaller because she's got rolls from the back of her neck to the tops of her toes so i was surprised by the weight difference

i just received a phonecall from her ped's office, asking me to see my dr. because of the depression questionairre i filled out... they said i may need meds.

hope it's a happy month! blessings, mamas!
#14 of 469 Old 04-01-2008, 03:24 PM

Yay! Usually by the time I see the month post it's already several pages long!
I can't believe our babes are now almost 7 MO. It's a cliche but time really does fly.
Kevin is starting to get up on hands and knees, like he's ready to crawl. He does this thing where he gets up and rocks back and forth real fast. DH says it looks like he's humping...which is kinda vulgar but kinda cute too! I think he really wants to crawl but he doesn't know how to move his arms and legs together and it frustrates him. He seems fussier lately.

Also, anytime he's anywhere near my chest he wants to nurse. It's like he can't get enough of the boob! Maybe he's hungry and wanting some grownup food??? Anyone else starting solids yet? I'm not in any hurry but feeling pressure from family.

KurumiSophia, I'm in CC too! We should study sometime.

Amanda - Wife to Will,Mom to Kevin (2), and his brother or sister, due in May 2010
#15 of 469 Old 04-01-2008, 03:24 PM

Quote:
I love monty python.

I'm thinking a beco might be good, or an Angel carrier. I'm going to LLL tonight with a friend I met through my centering group while we were pregnant. Her boy is two months younger than Liam.

I moved the bedroom around last night in an attempt to keep Liam in the bed. He's been climbing out of it lately and on the floor, usually head first. The last time he got up and I didn't wake up, he wiggled down below my feet and crossed over the bed in order to get down, so I know he's doing it on purpose. After the moving sale I'm just going to put the mattress on the floor in the living room.

Kurumi - You sound like one busy lady!
Busy isn't the half of it. I feel like I need a clone. Things should be slowing down once I get the house sitting, pet sitting, and such out of the way. I still have to go for placement testing so I know what classes I can register for this fall semester. My brain is still going "omg! I'm a college student!"

Liam sounds like he's getting around really well. DD is still working on trying to get up on things not so much down them. That and crawling is a big thing for her. She gets around like a mad woman. I know it won't be long before she starts running. (Yah, walking will come later. lol)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbirdbrain View Post
Kurumi- Wow. You are busy. That sucks about the therapy thing but the driving and community college stuff sounds fun.

LWAB: Today is Otto's 6 mos. check up. I'm excited to see how much the little tubster weighs. He's pretty much out grown his co-sleeper so I think DH and I are going to try to sidecar the crib this weekend.

He's started some solids- bananas and sweet potatoes. He's not super excited about them really so I'm not pushing it. It is fun to see him make a big mess with them though

In other news, I am crossing my fingers as I might have a chance at a promotion here at work. It would be really wonderful because a) I am a little bored where I am at now and could use a change and b) we are pretty much living paycheck to paycheck right now and a little extra $$ could hardly go amiss
The therapy thing definitely sucks. If I can't get back on the sliding scale, I'll just figure out a way to get the right herbs to control my PPD and ADHD. And will see about doing exercise as well as journaling and such in lieu of the talk therapy Where there's a will, there's a way, no?

The driving and school freaks me out. This is all stuff I meant to get done AGES ago but am now just getting around to.

It's always fun finding out the stats on your LO. Mine's now 16lbs and 26 inches long. I've got her in 18m jeans that are just a bit too long but fit her like a dream in the waist. That's my girl, all tall and skinny.

We tried chunks of banana w/DD but she seems to think they're more fun to squish than put in her mouth so than at my MIL's insistance I did up some rice cereal for DD (home made because my google fu is strong and I found a recipe!) and she got more on her than in her but its a start. Next is an avacado mash and than a banana mash the week after since she really didn't get any banana into her the first time.

I'm sending and : to ya for that promotion. I know those are so helpful when you need extra bucks in your pocket.
#16 of 469 Old 04-01-2008, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdubs_mom View Post
Yay! Usually by the time I see the month post it's already several pages long!
I can't believe our babes are now almost 7 MO. It's a cliche but time really does fly.
Kevin is starting to get up on hands and knees, like he's ready to crawl. He does this thing where he gets up and rocks back and forth real fast. DH says it looks like he's humping...which is kinda vulgar but kinda cute too! I think he really wants to crawl but he doesn't know how to move his arms and legs together and it frustrates him. He seems fussier lately.
LOL @ the humping image! I know my DD was really mad before she mastered crawling. Her knees kept getting ahead of her elbows and she'd get soooooo mad. I'm glad that's passed for her now but I know how frustrating it must be for you w/all the extra fussing

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdubs_mom View Post
Also, anytime he's anywhere near my chest he wants to nurse. It's like he can't get enough of the boob! Maybe he's hungry
and wanting some grownup food??? Anyone else starting solids yet? I'm not in any hurry but feeling pressure from family.

KurumiSophia, I'm in CC too! We should study sometime.
I only wish mine was that enthusiastic about the boob. She's going through this thing were she's really laissez-faire about it. We've started experimenting w/solids but she's still 99.9% boobfed.

I start this fall and I'm still a nervous nelly. I'd love a study buddy. I'll be getting all the boring stuff (math, english, etc.) out the way this year that way I can move on to the fun stuff next year. (hmmm, maybe start throwing a summer semester once I get into a groove?)
#17 of 469 Old 04-01-2008, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beemama View Post
happy april!!

ruby had her 6 mo checkup & is 27", 17lbs7 oz...at 6 mos. lily was 27" & 21lbs40z!! ru's frame must be much smaller because she's got rolls from the back of her neck to the tops of her toes so i was surprised by the weight difference

i just received a phonecall from her ped's office, asking me to see my dr. because of the depression questionairre i filled out... they said i may need meds.

hope it's a happy month! blessings, mamas!
beemama, I hope you are feeling okay. Much like the sleep thing I usually only give a version of the truth on the ppd surveys. I know I am 'at risk' and somedays I might like more medical 'support' but i do try to handle it other ways.

#18 of 469 Old 04-01-2008, 03:54 PM

jeaninvp922, you are the invincible one now!

I hope the mods are having fun.

#19 of 469 Old 04-01-2008, 04:03 PM

10 days before she turns 7 months, where did the time go?

Question about solid food - how much per day do you feed them? I give her around 6 oz (some days only 2 oz and others she wants up to 8). Does it seem about normal at this stage?
#20 of 469 Old 04-01-2008, 04:22 PM

Nicole - Lila will be 7 months on Thursday and some days she wants no solids at all, other times she will eat 2 of the smallest baby food jars (earth's best brand) in 1 day. Still nurses every 3 hours either way. So I'd say your baby is about right on track with mine

Alia + Brian proud parents to Rowan (9/8/04) Lila (9/3/07) and Rhys (6/11/10)
#21 of 469 Old 04-01-2008, 04:34 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole_ac View Post
10 days before she turns 7 months, where did the time go?

Question about solid food - how much per day do you feed them? I give her around 6 oz (some days only 2 oz and others she wants up to 8). Does it seem about normal at this stage?
jamison has no interest in solids yet. she'll be 7 months on saturday. they don't *need* solids at this age - it's more about learning than nutrition. if jamison were interested in solids, i'd nurse her first, then give her as much (or as little) food as she wanted. i'm sure there is a wide range of "normal" regarding how much a babe will eat, so i'd follow the babe's lead.

Mama to three  
#22 of 469 Old 04-01-2008, 05:04 PM

Nicole - We don't do purees, instead I just give him chunks or spears to self-feed of banana, sweet potato, summer squash, pear, etc. Green beans are also really good for grabbing and eating. Allowing them to self-feed ensures that they eat as much or as little as they want. Their primary source of nutrition is still BM until age 1. Here's a good link of starting solids: http://www.kellymom.com/nutrition/solids/index.html.

Some days Liam can eat almost an entire banana, other days he'll only take a few bites of something. I offer him food usually at dinner, sometimes at lunch as well. He always nurses before and after eating solids, the kid just loves food. Probably why he's off the charts in height and weight. Last night I made vegetable curry and let him have a few bites, strangely enough he loved it.

Kurumi - I attended classes up until 4 weeks before Liam was born, I'm going to finish my last semester online probably next year. I did summer school also and it definitely helped in getting everything out of the way and finishing sooner, if you can swing it it might be worth it. I hear you on the running, Liam is pulling up on things already and trying to stand. He did it last night in the tub and fell on his butt

jbirdbrain - I hope you get the promotion, I will have my fingers crossed for you!

jeanine - Have you seen all the board titles that have changed? There are some pretty hilarious ones

PPD - I was a depression sufferer up until I started taking fish oil before I got pregnant. Probably for the last 10 years beforehand. Now I have had no issues with it, it has really helped me. Andrew's uncle is a pharmacist/owner of natural food/herb store (way to play both sides, huh?) and he sends me new stuff he gets. Right now I'm taking salmon oil.

The weather here is playing tricks on me, its nearly 55 out. Of course tomorrow it will be in the 30's and snowing I'm sure. 29 days and counting until we're in Arizona!

#23 of 469 Old 04-01-2008, 05:13 PM

thanks for the answers! oh yes, she nurses as much as she wants, before and after solids too.

Her favorite food right now is apple puree, nothing else can beat that!!
#24 of 469 Old 04-01-2008, 05:15 PM

hi hi hi! everyone! i swear i'm still here.

oh my, things have been rockin and rollin over here.

ro's on pretty much ALL fruits and veggies minus citrus and peas. she loves squash. it's like her favorite thing in the world. she's gonna be 7 months on friday. it almost makes me cry.

so she face planted about 4 times yesterday. she sits, and lunges forward until she's on her face, and then she cries because she HATES being on her belly.

btw, at her 6 month visit, she was 19 and a half pounds and almost 27 inches. she's 20 pounds now. the rolls are hilarious!

how is everyone?!?!

Lindsay + Trev = DD RóisÃ*n (9/07) & DS Ãamonn (7/2010)
#25 of 469 Old 04-01-2008, 05:28 PM

Hey gals! Glad to know what those sayings under our usernames mean. I was really begininng to wonder.

solids: Georgia is really beginning to get interested in all sorts of things. This past weekend she tried asparagus, a chunk of roast beef, and broccoli. She really seems to like the experience and texture of everything. Only problem is I get to see it a second time in her diaper. Eww!

check-ups: So I'm seeing everyone mentioning weights and such. I haven't taken Georgia to the ped since she was 2 wks. I just figure there's no use going if there's nothing wrong with her since we're not getting vaxes. Anyone else doing this? I'm beginning to feel like a bad mom for not going.

Seems like everyone agrees. The time sure is flying. Seems like just yesterday we were talking about being PG and our birth plans. Now we've got movers and shakers!
#26 of 469 Old 04-01-2008, 05:32 PM

Hi, leanbh! It sounds like Ro will be crawling soon! Liam did the lunge and face plant when going from sitting to crawling position, he finally figured out how to do it slowly enough so as not to hurt himself.

#27 of 469 Old 04-01-2008, 05:35 PM

Quote:

Kurumi - I attended classes up until 4 weeks before Liam was born, I'm going to finish my last semester online probably next year. I did summer school also and it definitely helped in getting everything out of the way and finishing sooner, if you can swing it it might be worth it.

I agree. I'm going to do some "easy" classes this summer and save the maths &
sciences for the regular semester. The summer courses are a lot faster but when it's over it's nice and you have 3 more hours (or however many you took).

Amanda - Wife to Will,Mom to Kevin (2), and his brother or sister, due in May 2010
#28 of 469 Old 04-01-2008, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhawkins View Post

check-ups: So I'm seeing everyone mentioning weights and such. I haven't taken Georgia to the ped since she was 2 wks. I just figure there's no use going if there's nothing wrong with her since we're not getting vaxes. Anyone else doing this? I'm beginning to feel like a bad mom for not going.
Liam hasn't been to the ped since he was a week old. I fired his crazy ped a couple of months ago. We don't vax either, I agree there's no use in going unless he were sick, then I would just take him to the clinic here by our house. I weigh Liam and measure his height here at home just because I like to have a record of it. I will probably find an HP while we're in AZ and take him to see them since we'll have better access to them there.

#29 of 469 Old 04-01-2008, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Liam hasn't been to the ped since he was a week old. I fired his crazy ped a couple of months ago. We don't vax either, I agree there's no use in going unless he were sick, then I would just take him to the clinic here by our house. I weigh Liam and measure his height here at home just because I like to have a record of it. I will probably find an HP while we're in AZ and take him to see them since we'll have better access to them there.
i, honestly, love going to our doctor. they're a GREAT office who work in conjunction with our midwives, so they push breastfeeding, are ok that we don't vax, and they insist on NO solids until the baby's ready. even then.. .they say, no baby food or cereal. they're awesome, and in network with our insurance.

so i wouldn't take ro if it was 'mainstream' docs, but she loves them and they love playing with her. and we don't vax, so doc visits are really to tell us how awesome our daughter is and to answer any questions we have.

Lindsay + Trev = DD RóisÃ*n (9/07) & DS Ãamonn (7/2010)
#30 of 469 Old 04-01-2008, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Kurumi - I attended classes up until 4 weeks before Liam was born, I'm going to finish my last semester online probably next year. I did summer school also and it definitely helped in getting everything out of the way and finishing sooner, if you can swing it it might be worth it. I hear you on the running, Liam is pulling up on things already and trying to stand. He did it last night in the tub and fell on his butt

PPD - I was a depression sufferer up until I started taking fish oil before I got pregnant. Probably for the last 10 years beforehand. Now I have had no issues with it, it has really helped me. Andrew's uncle is a pharmacist/owner of natural food/herb store (way to play both sides, huh?) and he sends me new stuff he gets. Right now I'm taking salmon oil.

The weather here is playing tricks on me, its nearly 55 out. Of course tomorrow it will be in the 30's and snowing I'm sure. 29 days and counting until we're in Arizona!
I'm aiming for fall semester for this year and than just going back to back semesters as DD grows. This year, I think I'm only going to do halftime as baby girl is still just that, a baby, yanno? We figure by the time she graduates kindy, I'll be graduating college.

DD is pulls herself up on things and kind of scoots her way across her crib rail. It's cool and scary all at once. I know I don't have things nearly babyproofed enough yet. Looks like it'll be a crash course for me. lol.

The weather here is weird too. Yesterday it was warm and rainy, today it's cold and grey, and tomorrow's partly cloudy and only slightly warmer. Ick. Why can't we have nice warm and sunny weather? Is that too much to ask? *debates slipping a Midol into Mother Nature's morning coffee.*

Lucky gal, you get to go to AZ. My MIL vacationed there and said that its absolutely lovely. It's on my list of places to see at some point before I die.

Fish Oil, eh? How much does it run on average and how much did you take? Inquiring minds want to know.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page