Solids and Poop - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-05-2008, 01:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So DD is 8 months old now! Yippee! She's experimented so far with banana, avacado, sweet potato, pear, apple, carrot and oat cereal. She loves it all and wants more more more!

But... she poops like twice a week. She doesn't seem to be straining and there's no blood. I've been going very slowly with the foods but whether I give her some or not she's like this. Generally she gets one Tbsp of solids a day. That's it! She nurses like a champ and I give her water but idk.

How often does your LO poop now that s/he's getting solids?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2008, 02:30 PM

DD is 11 mo and is eating solids more regularly now, but when she was 8 mo she got about the same amount of similar foods as your lo. There wasn't a dramatic change to her poops at first, but we have gradually had more solid poops, and now she goes fairly regularly every other day. She used to go about 1-2x a week, so it's more frequent now.

I think if she is not straining then all is well. My guess is that she is absorbing more of her milk because she needs the calories. Has she been more active crawling around, etc? She may be going less because she is using more of her food. That's what I was guessing about my own lo when she was around this age. Just a thought.

Grace Comes.

Old 04-05-2008, 04:35 PM

Oh I wish my ds would only go once a day! He is a poop machine! He was once a day before solids, but now it is 4 or 5 times a day, just as I started CD But he also eats ALOT, he is soo hungry, and bf 4-5x a day too.
I would ask your ped. but wouldnt worry too much if she isn't having a hard time passing it.
Old 04-05-2008, 05:02 PM

Our kiddos are the same age. We're doing baby-led solids as well, and I can always tell when Ethan manages to actually consume some of his green beans, carrots, sweet potatoes, etc. because his poops slow down to every other (or, on rare occasions, every third) day. No straining for him, either, but man they sure smell worse!

User Tag List