August Mamas, the smiling has started! - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-25-2003, 10:31 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi mamas! How are you all doing?
Colorful mama ~ how is your acid reflux? I hope you are feeling better!!

Andrea ~ how is your yeast inf. going on? I was improving so much and suddenly today was really shitty again! Shooting in my breasts and fever....I am so tired of it. At least my nipples dont hurt any more.....just a tiny bit, but comparing to what it was like 6 weeks ago - it's heaven! I am still cheating on my diet, but not that bad. Obviously my son is doing really well on my milk, so it looks like yeast is not bothering him

Kathybird ~ I am sorry about your anxiety/depression problems!! It sucks being on drugs......any kind. I hope you'll get better soon!
But I envy you your DS's sleeping pattern!!
My DS still sleeps about 3-4 very rarelly 5 hours straight. But I finally figured out how to BF lying down and it helped a lot!! Now I don't have to get up ever 2 hours and walk to the living room, set up all the pillows and BF him while my head is faaling down.....now I lie down and sleep while he is BF'ing!! It's great and gives me much more rest!! And my neck isn't hurting that much either! To my surprise it's the most comfortable position for my nipples!!
My DH had an job interview and they loved him...so it looks like we'll be moving to NC after new year!! That's be cool. We've been living in GA for only a year, but that's more then enough!

going for 2 months check up this week - it's amazing how much my DS weights!! I think he is over 15lb now!! He is very heavy!

Well, I am off to bed............hope you are all having great weekend!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-27-2003, 01:31 AM

kathybird, thanks for checking in.

we are switching pediatricians, that is huge

we are carving pumpkins tonite. we went to a halloween party Friday night and it was fun.

I am so so tired. Angelyn is so so easy. Charlie is getting easier and more adjusted.

(out of the mouth of babes) the other day Charlie said, "Mommy teach me to be happy" hmm...I am a mom and a mom is a teacher
Old 10-27-2003, 02:01 PM - Thread Starter

Hello all! I'm back. We went on our first road trip! Went to show Samson off to the family in Ottawa! It was fun, but am I glad to be home!!!!
Andrea, my dd was born in Canmore too. Though, not at home. Samson was a beautiful homebirth.
I still haven't told my doctor about not vax'ing : But Samson was having a stomach flu so I used that as an excuse, but I didn't schedule another app't.
Samson is now 25 inches long. Has doubled his birth weight. HE is so cute.
Old 10-28-2003, 02:27 AM
nym

Hi everyone. I am delurking to introduce myself and say hi.

I'm Vanessa and my DS Kai was born 8/20. He is doing really well. It took us a bit to get into the breastfeeding groove, but now he is always chowing down. Last wednesday (8 weeks) he was 11 lb 13 oz.

Pavlina: we too have thrush, and I have been trying to fight the yeasties for a couple years. We are moving this weekend, but next week I am starting 'the diet.' Good Luck to you

Well, I'm one hand typing here, so I'll just say hi
Old 10-28-2003, 11:16 AM - Thread Starter

My last post was a little quick, but I was typing with one hand. I have a few minutes now....
ARe you all talking about the elimination diet? I've not had problems with yeast as of yet, but would like to participate in the diet, I think dh has yeast issues...they are just not as apparent in men!
Samson has been more fussy lately, and last week the doc said he could hear stuff going on in his tummy....he's been real happy and talking, then yesterday again, seemed like maybe he was constipated....and was in pain. During the night he managed to pass lots and lots of gas...but I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions for this, to help him thru this?
BFing is going great, as is cloth diapering. I actually used only cloth on my trip, (I used to switch to sposies with Soleil on trips). I was super proud of myself, and of my dipe situation, I didn't run out at all!!!! And used FuzzyBunz for the trips!
Have been doing tons of laundry since though!!!!!
Wooby~Fully hear you on growing really quick this time around...guess it's cause we are trying to enjoy every second...with Soleil I heard myself saying "I can't wait....", although I tried not too, this time, I know all the stages will happen, and that they are all so very precious!!!!
Okay, gotta get back to the kids!

Mamasoleil/samson
Old 10-28-2003, 11:22 AM

Sebastian has been REALLY fussy past few days as well!! Perhaps it's some growing pains or something. Not even mantioning gass he has every day........
His nose is stuffed uo EVERY NIGHT!! Nothing during the day - just nights!!
I took these yesterday:
http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/mam...e!.jpg&.view=t

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/mam...ks.jpg&.view=t

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/mam...ed.jpg&.view=t

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/mam...1s.jpg&.view=t
Old 10-28-2003, 12:05 PM - Thread Starter

OMGess, he is so cute. I can't get over his hair!!!!!! Too funny! I've got to bring in my film to be developped, and I'll post some new pics soon, promise!!!!
Old 10-28-2003, 05:47 PM - Thread Starter

I seem to be feeding Samson every 11/2 to 2 hrs, is this how often you are feeding???? Just wondering.
tia,

mamasoleil/samson
Old 10-28-2003, 05:54 PM

ah! sebastien is a chubbo just like my little dude! i think they're 4 days apart, and according to my scale he is 17lbs!

mamasoleil, there are a few threads floating around about the yeast elimination diet. i am struggling with it too. a great resource is The Yeast Connection Cookbook.
Old 10-28-2003, 05:57 PM

m'soleil, we posted at the same time.. i breastfeed about that often i'd say. my guy wants boobie whenever he's the least bit fussy or bored, i think..
Old 10-28-2003, 06:01 PM

I stopped watching how offten , but I think DS is BFing every 2 hours too. But it is getting futher apart these days, thanks god!

Ladies I think I found a yeast killer!! I have been using 2 supplements for past week and it is getting better every day!! And I mean real BETTER!! And to be honest _ I have not been that good about my diet so it has to be the supplements! YAHOO!!

Mamabeard ~ 17bl??? Holy cow!! I thought Sebastian was huge...lol. He loves to stand up past few days!! and sit down as well and look around, it's so cute!! His legs are so strong.
Old 10-28-2003, 06:07 PM

I'm trying to get over my tendency to lurk while NAK instead of typing with one hand.

Let me introduce myself. I am a new mama to Zoe Bliss born on August 11, weighing 9 lbs 14 oz into water in our livingroom.

She is a pretty mellow, contented baby, that is unless I put her down. The sling has come in very handy, and I feel like I made a smooth transition from doing things with my arms way out because I had my belly in the way, to doing things with my arms way out because the baby in sling is in the way.

She is smiling and laughing lots, my favourite thing about co-sleeping is her smiles in the morning.

Zoe is also getting big! She was 14 lbs at her two month checkup, and 15 now according to my friend's scale. Although she didn't start out exactly small.

I look forward to getting to know all of you.
Old 10-28-2003, 06:22 PM

ot: pavlina, welllll.. what ARE they??? (you got me all excited!)

missbliss, welcome! my little guy is a big smiler, too.. isn't it sweet?
Old 10-28-2003, 06:37 PM

WEell, one is pure latex from the tree Croton lechleri Muell. Arg. Peruvian Indians call this tree SANGRE DE DRAGO - Dragon's Blood. Latex is of red color and is collected by cutting the bark of the trees that could be found along the rivers in the Peruvian Amazonia. From the therapeutic point of view Croton lechleri used topically inhibits gram-positive bacteria and dermatophytic fungi. It acts on Sindbis virus, Cytomegalovirus murine, and Escherichia coli. Trimethoxyphenols obtained from Croton lechleri have stronger effect than the effect of penicillin.. The mixture of proanthocyanidin polymers known as SP-303 shows stronger properties inhibiting the strains of respiratory syncytial viruses (RSV) A and B, influenza A (FLU-A) and parainfluenza viruses (PIV). Further it inhibits Herpes simplex virus (HSV), including the one unresponsive to acyclovir and foscarnet. It is also effective against Hepatitis A and B viruses. One of the latest discoveries (****** M., 1999) has shown the activity of Croton in vitro against Helicobacter pylori that cause stomach ulcers. The tests proved that in cases of peptic ulcers it speeds up the healing by almost 50% and it improves also quality of a stomach wall. In low concentrations Croton lechleri has prooxidant effect and in high concentrations it has strong antioxidant effect.

I already recommened it to Colorfull~mama for her acid reflux. It's an amazing stuff!!! Disgusting taste, but works amazing!! Not just for yeast, for EVERYTHING that has anything to do with digestion, stomach, intestines, it's great for wounds - to stop bleeding etc.......there is so many ways how to use this!!
I FINALLY started to use it on regular basis - 3times a day, and it is AMAZING.

And the other is called KOROLEN - it's a bio-information product that help to eliminate fungi form the body and to clean blood.
Old 10-28-2003, 06:41 PM

I forgot to say the latex is called DRAGS IMUN and both can be found at www.energy.sk/usa

One more thing: Croton lechleri shows strong antibacterial, anti-microbial, antiviral, anti-mycotic , antioxidant, and haemostatic effects, which speed up healing of the wounds, tissues, skin, thrushes, ulcers, and inflammation, mainly in oral cavity, pharynx, and larynx.
Old 10-30-2003, 04:35 AM

mamasoleil: We absolutely love
it there. (Although it is very expensive....)

Pavlina: I'm on my 3rd day of GV, it seems to be helping a lot with the red, irritated nipples, but not for the deep let-down pain. Oh well, it only cost me $1.31. It was worth a try for that price.
I can't CAN'T do the candida diet. No way... Just too complicated for my sleep-deprived momma brain. There are millions of "can't's" and "do-not's" on the diet. Someone just needs to write up a list of what you actually CAN eat, it would be a really short list and a lot easier that way... I am having a hard enough time keeping on enough weight without diet restrictions.
Also..

Is it too early for teething? dd has been having an awful few days, waking every 45 min to comfort nurse, totally soaking 10+ shirts a day (no lie) with drool and she is chewing and biting on her fingers, my fingers, her paci, the blankets, you name it- if she can get in in her mouth she is chewing on it.. .I thought it was way WAY to early to teeth....
Old 10-30-2003, 10:11 AM

Hi Andrea ~ I have not had much luck with GV. Last time I used it it helped my nipples from burning but I could only use it for about 4 days after that it would get worse again. I hated the burning on my nipples and watching them turn white as the yeast were multiplying in it!! It's freaky! Do you have it too? Well, I don't any more,but I did.

My breasts are looking so good now!!!!! I am so impressed with that Dragon's blood I was talking about here earlier! I just posted a link on the other thread about it - I am so excited! It really is helping!! You can read about it here: http://www.rain-tree.com/sangre.htm

It's an amazing stuff. Nature is so powerful! I feel soooo goood!!
I know I am going crazy,but after 2 months of suffering I finally made it! I've had it home for ever but never used it regulary until now. I only used it in occasions for cuts, bites and heartburn.
Old 10-30-2003, 10:17 AM

we went to 2 months check up yesterday and Sebastian is 14lb 12,5oz and 24 inch. I love our ped.!!!
My DH got a job offer in NC so it looks like we are gonna be moving after new year!!
SO I asked my ped. if he knows anyone in that area and he said this: You don't need a pediatrician. Healthy child does not need a doctor!! You only need someone to go to when he gets sick.

And when he asked me about vax. I said we won't do any, he said this: Great, you only need vax. if your child goes to school. But if you are planning homeschooling, it's not neccesary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't you just love him??!! I have NEVER ever met any doctor like that! He is so cool! He once stopped in our house to weight my DS so I would not have to drive to his office! THAT is REAL doctor - he cares about his patients!
Old 10-30-2003, 10:34 AM

Pavlina, your ped sounds so great. I just lie to mine--"She's sleeping really well in the crib..." NOT! We live in a small, rural town and there are no good choices, sigh.

My little one weighed 13 lbs and was 24" at her two month check up. She nurses every 1 1/2 to 2 hours during the day but much less at night. I love snuggling up with her in our bed--my ds hated cosleeping and so I never got to experience all its joys last time around.

I'm reading this great book, Our Babies, Ourselves. It validates so much of what we practice--I highly recommend it. I want to give it to my pediatrician!

Happy Halloween to those who practice it--it's a huge deal at our house with my 4 year old.

Andrea88, I don't know about teething but when I have my finger in dd's mouth I swear I can feel little sharp ridges where the teeth are--like they are going to break through any minute. She is also very drooly, although not as drooly as you describe.
Old 10-30-2003, 01:23 PM

Sophia must be the smallest 2 month old here. She was 11 1/2 lbs at her 2 month check up, 21 1/2 inches long. (Huge difference with her bro, he was almost 16 lbs at his 2 month check up!).
But then, she has always been wee-er. (remembering all the U/S while pg)

HAPPY HALLOWEEN (boo)

Kate
Old 10-30-2003, 05:04 PM

Kate: 21.5 inches? wow what a tiny girl! Lucky you, you can actually use some of your baby clothes more than twice!
We call her "little nugget" but we should call her little bean pole! lol She takes after us for sure.
Pavlina: I should give that Dragon's blood a try, gonna go take a look at it now...
Old 11-03-2003, 12:25 PM - Thread Starter

I started another thread...this one is getting super long:
http://216.92.20.151/discussions/sho...threadid=96023
C'mon over!!!!

Andrea:Samson's measurements are very similar to Vallah's!!!
Traixaid you get the carrier I sent???

Mamasoleil/samson

User Tag List